3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Nealy all
This is a Percy Jackson world non-canon roleplay. It will focus on the Japanese Religion of Shinto Buddhism, a world filled with millions of gods, Spirits, and Monsters. I thought it might be fun to do something outside of the Greek/Latin, Egyptian, Norse side everyone does. I also have an idea over Christianity/ Judaism/ Muslim etc...
Here is a Synopsis of what I got so far over the current idea.
images

The start of the troubles of the quest must first be explained in a time before time was realized by the mortals who lived in the soon to be named cluster of islands Nihon or Japan. In a time when the Goddess of Creation was just the Goddess of Creation. The first Goddess Izanami (She-Who-Invites) and her husband, also brother, Izanagi (He-who-invites) were still married and happy with each other, they created the Japanese Islands together, and later Izanami would give birth to scores of Gods and Goddesses. Sadly one day during Izanami's labor over her child the God of Fire she was killed. Her infant child's flames burned her alive and she was sent to the Dark Realm of death.
Like the story of Orpheus Izanagi was so filled with sorrow he sought to bring his wife back to life. So he went and begged the Fates of Death to allow him to bring his wife back alive. The Fates eventually decided they would let him on one condition. He was to lead Izanami to the land of the living but he was not to look back and see if his wife was following him, should he do that his wife would be forced to stay among the dead for all eternity. He accepted filled with thanks. But on his way up he could not hear his wife's footsteps and grew afraid she was not behind him. Thinking a small look would go unnoticed and turned his head ever so slightly and looked to see if she was behind him and she was, but now Izanagi had just betrayed his wife and broken the condition. Izanagi lost his wife forever and with Izanami filled with hatred and betrayal she promised her ex-husband that every day she would kill a 1000 people in spite of him, Izanagi promised to her he would create 1500 to replace the losses.
Soon though after the cycle of life and death had begun and Izanami was named the Empress of the Dead and the Goddess of Creation and Death, Izanami and Izanagi fell into a deep slumber. Life increased faster than death and yes it created an unbalance in the world but life found a way to cope with it. Since the time of that the two have slept and now thousands of years since then it is 2020 A.D.
Izanami who was disturbed by the war over in America and Europe caused by the Greek/Latin gods and Gaia and her Titans and other children, has awakened. She has learned that her Brother is still in a deep slumber and now she can take advantage of this. She has unleashed her gateway and let hoards of monsters and demons on to the land of the living and now rate of death of people have increased but the mortal humans who are unaware of this all take blame to sickness and disease, mass murders, and other mundane things. However, there are those who are all too aware of what's happening and who's causing it.
The Gods of Shinto heaven, their children, and the Spirit's have begun to worry and become afraid. The Empress of the Heavens and Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu has called upon the Demigod's and Blessed of Shayo Temple, a place for those who can see into the Spirit realm and are born into it live and train in one way or another, to take part of a Divine Quest personally requested by her to send a group of Demigods and Blessed to find the Gate to Izanami's realm and either appease her or place her under a Sealed Sleep so that peace and order might be able to return to Japan and even America where the Gods of Shinto have expanded influence due to presence of Shinto Demigods and other Japanese influence.
CcbVpeEVAAAF693.png:large

If the idea seems cool please let me know and I will expand further upon it.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Obsidian Miscreant
I find it interesting, but I would like to know more about what characters we could play as.

@Clarentonia
1. Demigods- Child of one of the 8 million estimated gods of Shinto. They usually have some aspects of their Divine Parents appearance and often have control over one, two, or more of their Parents domains. But it's rare for one to be a Major God (Amaterasu, Futari, Tsukuyomi, or one of the 7 Good luck and Fortune Gods), or have more than one power, depending on how powerful the domain also maybe. The more powerful the powers a Demigod has the shorter their lives are thought to be. They have the strength and other power to rival many types of Spirits, but not Guardian Spirit Foxes for sure.
2. Blessed- Child who at birth is blessed by a god, and it is not unusual for one to be blessed by a Major god in this area. They are often born to Sightless (Normal human beings) who are a priest, priestess, or very devote followers of Shintoism. They are similar to Demigods but do not have any appearance to the god/dess who blessed them and do not have any control over their gods power domain. They do contain the strength and sight of the Spirit Realm that Demigods to have
3. Spirit (I will be letting one, possibly two if I deem needed, person, to be a Spirit on the Journey.)- They are various things. From Messenger Nine-tailed Foxes, Tanuki spirits, or even Tree spirits. They are rather powerful, sometimes they can be as powerful as a Minor god, very very few ever have the power of a Major God. The powers of each spirit vary but remain the same for the same kind of Spirit. Such as Fox Spirits over Holy Fire, Shapeshifting; Or Water Spirits to turn their bodies into water or varying power of control over water.
Those are the three I got planned so far. I do plan on letting people claim Gods, monsters, spirits, and Monsters and such as we do the story. I know I will need someone to play as Amida-Butsu, Izanami, Amaterasu, but that's all I have planned. I do have planned on bringing Shinto Mythological people to bring in Percy Jackson world like humor or danger.
I have also even made a lot of what the world will contain and how many things will work. But haven't posted any of it for fear I'd just be posting them in vain and waste of time cause I'm afraid no body will join

Alright if we got at least 2 more people I'd be willing to start

I'd be down for this. PJ and Shintoism is rather nice. I'm not sure which God/Goddess among the plentiful choices I'm going for, or if I would just play as a spirit (because come on, a kitsune) but we'll see.