Awakening Anew

((Don't worry about it. I can understand that. :3))

The creature seemed to be thinking it over for several minutes. She turned to watch as the tree nymph messed around the field a little more. "Why would you want to learn such a skill? You can freeze individuals with your stare. You can lower an entire mountain in less than an hour. What would you want with a little bit of wind magic that I could teach you?" Arius asked slowly doing a wave motion with her hand. The sea of tall grass began to move as the wind picked up and Kihali was now surfing along the top of them with high peels of laughter. Arius couldn't help but smile at that and keep smiling as she made the sea of grass go the other way.

Cero stood in silence, waiting calmly for whatever answer she was willing to give. Reminding himself that if she denied him, though it would take longer, he could go out and find another in hopes that they would teach him. "Huh," he snapped out of his thoughts, returning his attention to her once again. "Oh, well. Funny story, but I'm a familiar to a witch now. She's young, and knows literally nothing about anything when it comes to magic. So I need to teach her. Though it'd be a pointless feat if I don't know much magic." Smiling, he turned his attention to Kihali, who seemed to be having a lot of fun riding the waves of grass. Making him wonder what it was like to be so small. "Besides that, I've taken over the guarding of that mountain. Seeing as I prefer to keep this forest the way I remember it, I'd rather not lose that control to someone who would only abuse it."

"A basilisk choosing to train a witch?" Arius asked and then smiled a little to herself. "Fine, i will help you, but there is little reason for you to learn the skills. I'll help you with the witch. This field can use a break from my wrath for a week or two-or however long it takes to get her used to our element."

Arius looked at his shoulder and bowed alittle from her seat. "Would you mind terribly if I rested on your shoulder? I would like to conserve energy if I'm to deal with a new witchling. Where is this girl? Should you not keep her near seeing as she is new?" Before Arius could ask any more questions, Kihali came flying over and tackled the air nymph with a loud cry.

"Choosing? You've got it all wrong. I have no real choice. But if you won't teach me then this entire meeting becomes invalid. She'll be learning earth magic first. Which means learning air and wind will be far more difficult, and time consuming. After earth magic we'll be moving on. Actually I'll be going after she learns the basics. There's a lot she needs to see and try to understand. So sitting around in one place is pointless." He nodded to the little thing as she requested to take a seat. Seeing no harm in it since even Kihali saw him as a portable chair.

For a moment he watched the two, his hands in his pockets as he shrugged at whatever they were doing. "Well you two enjoy yourself. If I can't learn wind magic I still need to train. Enjoy yourself, I'll find someone to spar with." He turned and began off, stopping after a few seconds to peer over his shoulder. "Actually.."

Arius looked at the basilisk as she hugged the nymph to her, her gaze glinting intelligently. "I never said that you couldn't learn it, I just said that there would be little reason to learn it yourself since you'd have me at your disposal. If you truly wish to learn the element I will teach you," she said and frowned a little bit as Kihali jerked away from her and went back to playing in the grass.

"For a Familiar, you are wise. Most would settle down and teach their witch all that they need to know in that one place. At least this is the experience I have when I meet witches these days. Self-centered little children with no knowledge of the world," the wind nymph said with a sigh.

"So you'll be traveling with us or something?" He looked at her, confusion obvious in his gaze he looked at them over his shoulder. A small chuckle escaping his lips as he watched Kihali dart away. It was no surprise since the girl seemed to be forever moving. More energy than he'd ever imagined in such a small thing. Letting out a soft sigh, he took a seat in the grass. His lounging nature kicking in as very little seemed to be continuously happening.

"I suppose things really have changed. I know little about this familiar thing. Just teach her and keep her safe. If she needs me I'm to be there, but if I'm to teach her I refuse to deal with some arrogant self-centered twit." Cero grunted as he let out a soft sigh, his tail laying around him. "Not that she isn't already heading in that direction."

"Ifin you wish I can travel with you," Arius said, flying over to sit on his shoulder as he started to lounge there in the tall grass. "I have been meaning to leave this forest for some time to see what else has changed in this world, but I never got the need to. If you want someone that can teach the girl and yourself enough wind magic to sustain you the rest of your life then I could go with you if you see fit."

"And might I point out that all humans are arrogant, self-centered twits? The only way to get around this is to teach her otherwise. It will be difficult, but I have heard and from what I have experienced of your kind, basilisks are as stubborn if not more stubborn than humans. I knew this one particular basilisk that was so stubborn that the only way that he would listen to others was if they were admitting he was right."

"Where you wish to go is up to you." He was peering down at her from the corner of his eye as he felt her sitting on his shoulder. At the time he was really beginning to feel like a chair to all these little ones. Smiling at the thought, he went back to watching Kihali as she toyed about in the grass. "If you'd like to travel with us though, that's fine. I'm sure Kihali would enjoy it as well. Yumi too. She seems to enjoy meeting the little ones. When she's in a good mood that is."

Letting out another soft sigh, he watched his tail for a bit. Watching the grass move each time he let his tail drop back onto the ground. "I'm stubborn. But I have my reasons to be. The humans in this world are all too foolish. There are few basilisk, and we live so long anyway. So he was probably always right," Cero chuckled, sticking his tongue out at the wind nymph. "At any rate. Yumi's training with me will begin at midnight, so I really do need to find someone to spar with."

“Then should you not sleep until midnight basilisk? It would be better if you taught this Yumi with a full store of energy,” Arius told him, her eyes closing as she stuck her own tongue back at him before looking at Kihali the lemur as she hopped around like a silly kit. “It is too bad that one cannot give energy to another. You could draw on Kihali and never need to rest. To think that she is like this every day of the year makes one see how low the rest of us can be.”

She stretched a little and smiled up at the sky and sighed. A small cloud from the sky came down to hover over her and she began to use some of her own powers to shape it into different forms. First a duck, then Kihali, then Cero’s face and finally a flower.

"Not sure were you get that strange logic. I'll sleep when I need rest, and I'll need rest when I can't move. As for now," he shrugged a bit, still keeping his eye on Kihali as they sat. "I need something to do. At this rate my laziness will kick in." Chuckling, he slipped his tail under her, lifting her from his shoulder before placing her down on the grass. With a soft sigh, he pushed himself to his feet, his tail flicking up behind him before resting back on the ground.

"Kihali, I'll be back. I'll see you two around midnight then." He shrugged, crossing his arms and stepping off into the forest. Having no real clue as to where he was going, he looked around aimlessly. After sitting, even for a short amount of time, he didn't want to do much of anything.

Arius nodded and waved her hand as she rested against the ground before she let herself hover back up. “Come along Kihali, let us check on that witch of yours and that basilisk,” she said before pushing herself forward from the way that she could hear more lovely tree nymphs talking about a human girl using Earth’s Evil.

Yumi lay in the grasps of the tree, her eyes closed as her body drained itself of the energy that she had been getting. Her dreams were plagued with the memories of the earth taking over the body of the woman that had at once ruled the mountain. She jerked around, trying hard to fight this as it happened to her over and over. She woke, fell back into another fitful sleep before repeating the whole thing.

Arius watched the woman as she thrashed about, held in one place only by the tree roots that formed the cage. Slowly she began to sing, letting the words float into the young woman’s mind. As the wind nymph sang, the girl stilled, flitting back into a peaceful sleep that would allow her to regain the energy she had lost. Arius continued to sing softly until midnight, a wind hiding them from any bad attention.

Cero yawned a bit, relaxing against the tree's as he stared out at nothing. He really had no energy. As well as little interest in sparing with a beast. Seeing as he'd already gone against a shape shifter and a cave dweller. Letting out another yawn, he pushed himself up and moved on once again. There was little he really remembered about the forest. But seeing everything move and so lively set him more at ease.

"Seems good news travels fast," he smiled softly, coming to a stop at a small ledge. Over looking the forest from a small waterfall. He let out a soft sigh, deciding to practice his earth magic more.

By the time the sun had gone down, Cero was panting heavily. Hanging from the edge that he loomed over hours before. The ground below him was littered with different arrangements of rocks. Sharp jagged edges hidden alongside the rubble. Glancing down, he rolled his eyes and hefted himself up. Only to witness what he'd done to the tree's and grass before him.

The branches long and entangled with each other, keeping him locked where he was. The grass knotted with the tree roots that had been lifted from the floor. Making a mass of traps every few inches. Another sigh escaped him, his tail flicking about as he worked to dismiss the mess he'd made.

"Hey Arius. Is she awake?" Cero straightened his coat out as he stepped into the original clearing. Seeing Arius before the little cage he'd locked Yumi in before he'd left.

Arius halted her singing and looked at Cero. "No. She has not slept well despite having been asleep since almost four this afternoon," the wind nymph reported, "I have been singing to lull her into sleep though. That might account for the continued sleep." She flew up to hover next to his face. "Do you really intend on waking her and having her train tonight?"

Cero gave her an odd look. A questioning look lingering in his gaze. It'd already been a long day for him, and as much as he didn't want to have to deal with the girl it wasn't too much of an option. Unwilling to entirely change his ways out of pity for one little witch. He let out a sigh, crossing his arms. "Life is full of disappointments and unjust things. I just don't care."

Shrugging, he stepped around her. Looking for the little ones he'd asked to keep an eye on the girl so that the wall may be lowered. Of course, as quickly as it was there, it was gone. The roots fading back under the grass where it originally belonged. "Get up Yumi."

She was running through a forest as a child. She could hear the adults coming up behind her, trying to grab her and return her to the horrible house she had escaped from. She didn't trust anyone to understand though and so she kept running. She walked out next to a lake a few seconds later and she could hear the nearing footsteps of the police.

"I don't want to! I don't want to return to them!" she cried and she gasped as a wall of glass rose from the lake and pulled her in. She should have been scared, but she could only let it pull her to the bottom. She was laying there peacefully, safe, when a rock broke the surface of the lake and fell towards her.

"Get up Yumi."

She slowly opened her eyes and stared up at the dark sky behind the dark figure over her. Instinct snapped her awake and she lashed out. She threw a hand of dirt and leaves in her hand at the figures eyes and scrambled away, getting into the middle of the clearing to watch him before she realized who it had been. "Oh sh-" she whispered, a hand going over her mouth. "C-Cero! I-You shouldn't stand over girls like that. It's-It's horrible and frightening."