Avengers: The Attack

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
((We didn't delete them. An administrator did o.o, Chi ))

"I see." Shadow nods in understanding. She sat up, resting her head on the palm of her hand. "Now that formalities are out of the equation, what do you personally like to do. Hobbies, favorite sport, favorite activity, yada yada." She said, watching him carefully from behind her helmet.

I blink once, needing that extra fraction of a second to think, feeling my brows furrow together in something that's... well, it's not exactly suspicion, but maybe wariness. Yes, that was a much better word. Wariness. Just as quickly, I neatly tuck the expression away and return back to my former light hearted smile. "Meditation is one of my most favoured hobbies, along with reading, artistry and several other, equally time consuming activities. Sports..." at this I pause again, using the inside of my arm to muffle a cough. It might be viewed as another stall tactic but, eh. "I do enjoy swimming and occasional morning runs. Never been one to get a thrill out of football, soccer or the likes. I adore horror movies, books and video games that have a fantasy setting and a side of romance, and I have a pet named Shara." My smile widens. There. I didn't have to lie. Anything else that I purposely didn't mention wasn't a secret per say, but I still liked to keep my business my own, and simply not saying it kept it as so. I like the impression of myself that give upon people as I am, nothing else or new unless I can't help it.

Shadow nodded again. "Very nice." Was all she said. She thought, wondering if there was anything else important she wanted to know. Nope.. "Is there anything you want to know? About me, about the mission, about anything?"

I pause in thought over this rare opportunity to gain information on anyone or anything that I can conjure to mind but, lamely I suppose, I can only think of two things to ask her. "Well..." I start off uncertainly, "I am curious about your history. You've travelled to many worlds and probably faced many creatures, but what brings you here, now, is what interests me most." I tilt my head at this and resist the urge to scoot up to the edge of my seat like an over-eager schoolboy, the idea of which makes me almost giggle again. "Also, if you know that these creatures eat through every metal you've found thus far, then why do you wear your suit. I mean, aside from the obvious physical advantages that are programmed into most." Although I managed to ask this with a very calm and collected voice, I knew that there was a smile on my face, no matter how subtle, and it probably looked odd in contrast to my tone. The idea makes me cover my mouth with the back of my hand in fear that the smile will grow, while also not wanting to come off as disrespectful.

"I'm here, because my objective is to help anyone in danger, as long as they are innocent. The people here..." she sighed. "I used to live here..when I was younger. When I heard..I couldn't leave these people to their own defenses...because honestly, they suck." she thought about how to answer the next question. "I...well.." She paused. There has to be a way to say without telling my secret... "When I was 6, a very tragic thing happened with my family. Ever since then, I have worn a mask. The older I got, the more complicated and protective my mask got. At age 13 I had an entire suit, and the further I discovered, the more I developed it. Now, I never take it off...safety reasons."

I nod thoughtfully in acceptance of Shadow's answers, not wanting to press for more information on those matters. I can't imagine what could have been so awful that at even such a young age, this woman had had togo into a form of hiding... The more I think about it, maybe whatever it was that happened,was also the reason of why she left Earth. She did say that this had been her home when she was little, and that was also when the event came to pass, right? I sigh softly now, my humor having passed for the time being. Maybe I'm just over thinking things, as usual; seeing skeletons where there were none. After some minutes of mindful silence, my smile returns, although lighter than before and with only an outline of the laughter that had been . "Thank you," I say quietly in earnest, looking directly at the place where I recall having briefly seen her eyes before.

Shadow watched him a few moments. "Any other questions?" she asked, watching him carefully. As she shifted, her eyes flickered again, this time..they had a little water on them.

I freeze up in alarm as her eyes flash into focus again, a small part of my mind going into a self-defeating tirade about what an inconsiderate jerk I am, imagining a miniature version of myself bashing a normal sized one over the head with a club. That half amusing image was drowned out though by a sense of something closer to panic. Uhhhh.... "I'm sorry," I blurt instinctively, almost immediately wishing I could take my words back. If the tinting hadn't shown through, then I wouldn't have felt the need to apologize. So she would probably be able to guess that I had seen part of her face, right after saying that she never wanted anyone to see her face. I mentally grab that club from the mini me, inserted spikes into it and started hitting my own face. I stood abruptly, trying to invent a cover up. "But I really should in. So, uhm, no. No other questions. Thank you for your time though," I gush hurriedly, 'finishing' my sentence a few seconds too late. It was better than just letting it hang in the air as it had been, I guess, but I could already feel some color rising to my cheeks.

I quickly grab my phone from where it had fallen out of my pocket on to the cushions, and make my escape to the hallway. A few moments outside, I pause, fighting an internal battle between courtesy and embarrassment. Courtesy won. With a side of defeat, I back peddle the few steps to Shadow's door and knock lightly before popping my head back inside again, all too aware of the heat spreading over my face. "Would you like me to call Bash in for you?"

The moment he said sorry she sat straight up. She knew exactly what happened. As he walked out, she touched the side of her helmet, darkening the tint. She'd forgotten about that one light...she looked up at the small white light on the ceiling. The only one that was white and not slightly blue. She almost hissed at it in annoyance, but Axis stuck her head back through. "Yes...please Axis. Thank you." she said in the same tone as when asking questions, as if nothing happened.

I walk down the hallway, a smirk on my face.

Of course, I was taking a nap during the meeting; I could let Shadow do all the talking that time, after all.

But that isn't the big reason for the smirk, the real reason is my new equipment.
I ordered the damn things a year ago... and now I have them.

So I'm walking down the hall to inform Shadow of the new weapons and vehicles, and to have her inform everyone else.

A second in command is so fun to have. Besides, I have other things to do.

I nod quickly at her answer and pull my head from the doorway, soon walking down the hall back towards the briefing room. Her tone had been so neutral... Maybe she hadn't noticed my slip up, although, honestly, a large part of me highly doubted that her powers of speculation would have let something so obvious as that pass. No, she must have noticed. I sigh, tugging at my longest lock of hair that hangs directly in front of my right eye, easily reaching my chest. A bit lengthy for a guy but, whatever. Maybe I'm overthinking again, but her tone was the same when she had been speaking earlier, all formality and professionalism, even when I had seen the dampness of her eyes. That must be another mask she wears to protect herelf from others getting too close to her on an emotional level... These thoughts bring out another sigh from me. As I approach my destination, the guard gives me a short short of recognition, not bothering to ask for a form of identification this time. The door opens automatically but I don't step inside, preferring loitering over entering with Hackett and Liam. "Sebastian," I call out, "Shadow would like to see you in her quarters."

Sebastian had almost finished taking down the notes when Axis walked in telling him he was to go to Shadow. He sighed and stood up making his way over to the door way, he looked at Axis for a brief moment then headed along the hall until he reached her room. He stood outside of a while not quite sure why he had been called down, there was a cold drift coming from somewhere and it sent cold chills down his back. Sebastan finally moved over to the door and knocked on it slightly as he did not want to be rude and just burst in.

Shadow glanced up from her hands. "Come in, sit wherever." she said, sitting back in the chair. I've only got two more...then I'll be good. She thought to herself as she waited Sebastian's entrance.

Sebastian entered the room and sat in the furthest away chair as he hated being up close to people. What have i done wrong now he thought to himself over and over going over the smallest mistakes he had made since he had entered the brefing room this morning.

Shadow shifted. "Hi Sebastian." she said. "You're not in trouble or anything..I just find it's easier to fight beside someone you know a little bit about..don't you?" she asked in a calm voice. She felt the nervousness on him and decided she'd start with that. No need to get people uptight.

Sebastian lifted his head to look at shadow. "Hello" he said back to her . "Would not know i dont do group missons often" he said back quite coldy . He seemed to be kind when he was more nervous and when he got relaxed he would become cold and bitter.

Shadow nodded. "Okay. Well.. would you mind if I asked some questions?" she said. She ignored his cold tone. There was no reason for her to really worry about it.

Sebastan sighed for a moment then finally nodded letting her ask him questions. He has slouched down on the chair and his legs were streched out in front of him.

Shadow smiled a little. He seemed relaxed now. "Okay. First question, what are you best skills on the field?"

Status
Not open for further replies.