Avatars, Signatures and Usernames, Oh Myyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
*When did you first start using your avatar, and/or signature?
For my Avatar*
Its the first time I ever used it. I was originally gonna use it for a different sites roleplay but when I ended up not using It I decided it would be a nice avatar. [:
For my siggy*
I REALLY like tumblr gifs so whenever I can I use them, so for my siggy 'MY BODY IS READY' kinda alternates between gifs with the same #hashtag :P

*Do you have a general theme?
Uhhhhh nahh, I mean, I never thought about it that much. No matter how much I think about it, MythBushker cant really...relate to...anything..
*When you see other's avatars/siggys for long enough (and this will be a bit of an odd question), do you start either seeing them as that avatar or just whenever you see that particular character/picture, you associate it with that user?
I used to do that until, one day I was so lazy I never changed my sig for a while. And people started nicknaming me AFTER my siggy so soon after I had changed it, I surely wouldn't think anyone would like that done to them.
*Do you think that if someone is already using that avatar or signature on that particular site, that you should use a different one?
I think so, yeah. Cause I mean, maybe that person has their reasons for having it and I have mine. And also, I just think its polite to do so.
*How long have you used your username?
HAHA well this ones a funny one. I actually JUST started using this username. I had just randomly thought of t at the last second, before finishing up my registration form :3

I started to use this avatar just recently, as well as the gif of Jiji from "Kiki's Delivery Service" in my signature. But I've always loved to have that quote in my signature because not only is it from Shakespeare's "Hamlet", but it describes how am as well.

I tend to find myself choosing black and white items because I love the simplicity of them. I also choose things associating with cats because I mean, who can hate cats, right?

*When you see other's avatars/siggys for long enough, do you start either seeing them as that avatar or just whenever you see that particular character/picture, you associate it with that user?

I tend to see them as the avatar and signature. I have a photographic memory, so everything I see, I file it in my mind as what it is. Say I see someone with a kitten picture. I will not only think of them as that kitten, but if I see that kitten picture somewhere else, I almost immediately connect it to that person in my mind without even having to try.

*Do you think that if someone is already using that avatar or signature on that particular site, that you should use a different one?

If it's directly connected to them and it's been "theirs" for quite a long time, I'll more than likely change. But if they change it every few days, then no, I don't feel the need to change. I'll probably keep mine up for even longer.

I haven't had Charlene for very long at all. I decided it was time to make my name it because of a character of mine I made a while back was very similar to myself. A lot of people praised me for her human qualities, and I that was when I realized that Charlene was me. Of course it isn't my real name, so I consider Charlene as my writing name.

I've used this avatar since I first joined Iwaku. I don't plan to change it either. My signature is dynamic and I change the banners often.

Paint and art, either digital or traditional. I tend to avoid real life context.

*When you see other's avatars/siggys for long enough (and this will be a bit of an odd question), do you start either seeing them as that avatar or just whenever you see that particular character/picture, you associate it with that user?
Yes, happens quite often. After getting used to a specific avatar/signature, I associate the user with the image it is depicted there. After all, we pick avatars and signature matching to our likings, therefore sticking long enough with something shows that we are particularly attached to it.

To tell the truth I've never seen someone use the same avatar or signature as I do, but I assume that yes, I would use a different one.

The name of Watch Dog is quite recent. Since 2008 I've been using the username Mafidog, which I still keep on some communities up to now. Last summer I was playing a forum game, where the next poster would give the above poster a moderating title (because there were no custom titles on that forum) and a friend of mine called me "The Watch Dog". It was quite a nice one so I sport it ever since.

When did you first start using your avatar, and/or signature?
I've been using my current avatar and siggy since I signed up (February 2, 2014).

Do you have a general theme?
I'm not too specific, but I do like working with pictures of female warriors. :bsmile:

When you see other's avatars/siggys for long enough (and this will be a bit of an odd question), do you start either seeing them as that avatar or just whenever you see that particular character/picture, you associate it with that user?
When I see a certain character, then I do tend to be all: "Oh hey! That's [Insert Username Here]."

Do you think that if someone is already using that avatar or signature on that particular site, that you should use a different one?
No, not at all. However, I would want to edit, just so that others wouldn't mistake me for that person.
On the other hand, if their picture were custom made for them, then I would use a different one.

How long have you used your username?
I've used my username since I signed up! :bouncy::braces:

- Well, I just started using this a few days ago..Hehe, I don't remember really..Oops..

- Not really..Anything goes. But sometimes I like to pick a picture that fits the current/upcoming holiday.

- Actually, yes..Yes I do... Is that weird? Please tell me it's not..

- Maybe? I'd feel kinda sad if I had to share an avatar would someone..It'd lead to some problems..

- Hmm, I think..Since 2011-2012? I started using this handle ever since a popular gaming site I played shut down..I like to think of it as a memento to that.

I started using the ones I have now sometime last month. I change them rather whimsically.

The theme used to be masks when I first started out, but now it's multiverse and the infinite possibilities it implies.

Sometimes I do see that person as that avatar, but I associate it with the user more than I see it as their actual face.

I do, so there isn't any confusion between the two.

I've had it as my username since I joined Iwaku, but it has been my pen name for roughly three, four years now.

This Avatar has been since about...6 months back Signature was made by Diana and i've had them forever.

Usually something with flames of some sort.

*When you see other's avatars/siggys for long enough (and this will be a bit of an odd question), do you start either seeing them asthat avatar or just whenever you see that particular character/picture, you associate it with that user?
Whenever I see owls I think of Diana and whenever I see tentacle monsters I think of Proxy.

not really, no.

For as long as i've been on Iwaku. I use it as a game handle too.

-My Avatar has been used since the day I found it...though it sometimes changes for the holidays (Halloween/Christmas etc.).

-I have cattish tendencies...so...yeah... :P
-PPFTT. Like all the time! :O If someone who had an avatar for a super long time changes it suddenly, I get super confused and begin to question life. -nod nod-
-Hmm....depends I guess....I would be too sad to give up my avatar if someone else suddenly popped up with it, but if I was a new person and didn't have any particular feelings toward the avatar I would change it.
-Since I arrived on Iwaku! It -was- MittenKitten83 but I changed it to Mittens83 because everyone was calling me that as a nickname so I thought it would be simpler~ Now I use MittenKitten83 like....everywhere... o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.