XD Well I am planning an Earthbender as well because I love being down to earth

ahahah I'll stop.

And thus the Earth puns begin... *brandishes my heart and soul in metal armor*

You've got Red in the ranks. The puns and dad jokes have not even begun.

Momma didn't raise no punk, Elle. I got this.

• Haha
Reactions: Mobley Eats
Hey everyone! Just a friendly reminder that the due date for submitting writing samples is right around the corner! In about six hours, it'll be October 8th, which means I'll change the status to "Closed Sign Ups" and review what you guys sent me! It won't take me long to decide and you'll likely receive a notification as to who is accepted tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks a bunch to those that have already sent your samples. I enjoyed reading them!

hype hype hype hype

It's official! Sign Ups are now closed everyone, and thus I am no longer accepting writing samples. Stay tuned for when I announce the accepted players and drop the Discord Link!

Stay gucci!

The time is nigh! Listed below is the AtRA crew!

GM: Moi~

Co-GM's: @Elle Joyner and @Reythaak

Rebels: @Greenie , @SkittlesAndSpike , and @Red Thunder !

As for the ones who didn't make the cut, don't take this to heart. I genuinely enjoyed all of your samples, but I followed a very specific criteria and set of requirements. I will be forever grateful for all of you showing interest in my idea--it warmed my heart! <3

Now then, this also means that the RP can move into the next phase: Character Sheets! You already have the link to it and I can bet money you've had ideas stewing in your heads for a few days now. Have fun with it and don't hesitate to ask me questions about your character. And guess what? I've got another due date for y'all. I ask that you have your CS done by Friday, October 12th. Saturday, October 13th at the very latest. Once they're all up and accepted, we can jump right into the RP!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Red Thunder
SIGN-UPS GRAND REOPENING

giphy.gif

Welcome to the Sign-Ups Grand Reopening! As of recently, our group experienced a drop or two in headcount and considering how small the original group was to begin with, it's about that time to introduce some new faces! For those of you interested in joining AtRA, I will first drop a link directing you to the official character sheets, showcasing the batch of troublemakers that we have in store for you. Don't worry, they don't bite (except maybe Wei). Please note that some of these characters are now inactive, belonging to previous members.

Character Sheets

Next, I'm pretty sure you all would like an idea of what has happened so far in the IC. I'll give you a brief summary, but reading through the content itself will probably be in your best interest. The link for that will also appear below.

Brief Summary: General Huang Fong Xu of the Ba Sing Se Earth Battalion has sent out a call to rally recruits for his special squadron--Rebels. Each recruit arrived at the gates and were welcomed by the general, given a brief tour and briefing on their mission statement. Afterwards, they settled down in their tents for an hour before meeting up with Fong Xu again to showcase their skills. However, this was usurped by the rebellion of jealous soldiers, who promptly had their butts whooped by the recruits. The general was overall impressed by their display and officially dubbed them as Rebels.

Later that night, the camp was ambushed by a group of Fire Archers, mysterious figures that radiated smoke and shot their targets with flaming arrows. Many Earth soldiers were lost in the fray and most, if not all, Rebels were shaken by their first experience of combat. One Fire Archer was spared for interrogation and the group managed to find out a few interesting things.

With that aside, they are now prepping to leave camp in the morning with their new recruits (that's you guys!) and head to Gooling.

IC Content

Now then, pertaining to what you have to do for Sign-Ups--each of you will DM me a writing sample.

Your character must be located in Ba Sing Se, as that is where two NPCs will be scouting for last minute extra recruits. Your character will display their skill in any way that you wish and the NPCs will see this, thus impressed by your skill and wanting to recruit you. It is well-spread news throughout the Earth kingdom that Rebel Soldiers are scouting the area, so it's up to you if your character is aware of this or not. I will review your writing samples and let you know on the following date (May 27th, Monday) if you've been accepted or not. Afterwards, you will add your character sheet, which I will also review.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Stay lovely!

Reactions: Red Thunder
@Mobley Eats

So, I was not sure where to post the questions I might have...whether it should be in the interest thread or should it be here at the OOC. So I just decided...here.

> What type of benders can we use?
Since from what it appears to be...we're allowed to go with any of the four bending elements for our character. Though how experienced can we have our characters be at said element and how far can we go with these elements? I do not expect anyone to be masterful at their element though would we be like brand new to our elements since people seemed to be in shock after their first encounter with combat?
Can we go with any of the other variations of the elements such as metal bending, lightning, etc.

> When does this take place?
Is this based on an AU of the Avatar universe? Or is it taking place in the canon universe as well as what time period is this taking place in? During Aang's time period or during Korra's time period hence the whole evolution of technology difference...also to know whether or not canon characters will make an appearance or not.

> Can you possibly give an explanation of the plot?
So I had went to the IC page for the roleplay and did look at the first post...though unless i'm missing something...Whats the whole story about for the roleplay?

> Moreover curious about players left?
Just wondering, but might I know just exactly which characters are still around and which are not? Just so im aware beforehand of what kind of character I would decide on making and so that I do not accidentally make a character exactly like another one that might be still active.

@Mobley Eats

So, I was not sure where to post the questions I might have...whether it should be in the interest thread or should it be here at the OOC. So I just decided...here.

> What type of benders can we use?
Since from what it appears to be...we're allowed to go with any of the four bending elements for our character. Though how experienced can we have our characters be at said element and how far can we go with these elements? I do not expect anyone to be masterful at their element though would we be like brand new to our elements since people seemed to be in shock after their first encounter with combat?
Can we go with any of the other variations of the elements such as metal bending, lightning, etc.

> When does this take place?
Is this based on an AU of the Avatar universe? Or is it taking place in the canon universe as well as what time period is this taking place in? During Aang's time period or during Korra's time period hence the whole evolution of technology difference...also to know whether or not canon characters will make an appearance or not.

> Can you possibly give an explanation of the plot?
So I had went to the IC page for the roleplay and did look at the first post...though unless i'm missing something...Whats the whole story about for the roleplay?

> Moreover curious about players left?
Just wondering, but might I know just exactly which characters are still around and which are not? Just so im aware beforehand of what kind of character I would decide on making and so that I do not accidentally make a character exactly like another one that might be still active.

Hello there, happydeath! First of all, thanks for showing interest in my rp. Means a lot!

So, for the following questions: "What types of benders can we use?", "When does this take place?", and "Can you possibly give an explanation of the plot?" --You can find answers to all of that from the very first post in this thread.

Here's the link: OPEN SIGNUPS Avatar: The Rebel Armada (OOC)

As for the last question, I dropped the link that should direct you to the characters that are in this rp. The ones that are no longer active were labeled as such, so it should be pretty straightforward. The link is labeled as "Character Sheets" in the Sign-Ups Grand Reopening post.

I'm interested in this. Don't worry, I know I need to send you a writing sample. I'm just putting my name out there before I sleep so I can familiarize myself with the IC thread before I start making moves.

Update: I've decided to push back the due date for sending in Writing Samples! All interested parties now have until Friday, May 31st to submit for review! That is all.

-Stay lovely

Very interested in this!

There is a minor problem on my part. I don't know if i'll have my writing sample done by the 31st, I leave next morning for a flight. I don't know how that will effect your date to start the IC back up? If it's to conflicting for me to send it in the week after I understand

Very interested in this!

There is a minor problem on my part. I don't know if i'll have my writing sample done by the 31st, I leave next morning for a flight. I don't know how that will effect your date to start the IC back up? If it's to conflicting for me to send it in the week after I understand
Hello Wild Child!

In all honesty, I'm quite flexible about the due date and judging by the pace in which these Sign-ups are gaining interest, I'll likely push it back one more time at some point next week. Overall, I'm certain that you'll have more than enough time to DM me a writing sample! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Stay lovely

Reactions: BigBirdie
Update: Yes, you've guessed it--I'm updating the due date for Writing Samples one last time! Now, all of you lovely rp-ers who are interested in AtRA have until June 7th, Friday to DM me your sample. Again, if you have further questions/concerns, don't hesitate to ask me or feel free to check out the opening post for this thread!

-Stay lovely

Reactions: WingWong