Avatar: The Rebel Armada (An ATLA RP)

Mobley Eats

Consume. Smother your doubts. Be fulfilled.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Modern, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Drama, Action.

il_570xN.742183743_syvm.jpg

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and the new Avatar, a young Airbender named Aang, fell to his knees before the Fire Nation as well. Whether he’s dead or alive is a mystery to this very day. Plundering and conquest threatened to light the world on fire.

In a desperate reach for freedom, the Earth Kingdom and Water tribes deployed their finest warriors, and formed a battalion that rivaled the Fire nation in size. They raged war for years until the lands were split in two, Fire Nation to the left and Rebel Armada to the right. Their borders are now swamped with violence.

Until one day, rumor spread through the lands of an artifact granting non-benders bending abilities. Residing in the heart of the Fire Nation. Now, Rebel Armada seeks to obtain the artifact, and although our thirst for freedom is great, we still have a lot to overcome before we're ready to save anyone.

But I believe Rebel Armada can save the world.

tenor.gif

Rules

-All Iwaku rules apply

-Each member is only allowed two characters, whether bender or non-bender. Choose wisely.

-Only Water, Fire, and Earthbending are available.

-No Godmodding, Over Powered characters, Mary Sues/Gary Stews, or introducing plot points without the GM's consent.

-Must post at least once a week. If you're anticipating a long absence, notify the GM immediately and adjustments will be made accordingly.

-Post length must be three mid-short length paragraphs minimum. Anything longer is highly welcome.

-Practice good grammar and check over for typos before posting. I know things are bound to slip through sometimes, so I won't bite your head off for tiny mistakes.

-Not every single person who shows interest will be accepted into the RP. A writing sample must be written and sent to me through PMs. Those who are accepted will be notified on a specified due date, which I will deem soon. This isn't a first come, first serve situation either. All who send writing samples before the date are eligible.

-Be a community, guys. By this, I mean talk in the OOC, be Avatar nerds, have your gush moments, flip out over some plot candies and theories, whatever. Just no bullying or hostility.

-Romantic content is obviously okay, but all sexual content will fade to black or be skipped over.

-Further detail and information about the world and plot of this RP will be hidden until this idea grabs interest in the Interest Check and members are chosen.

-Finally, and most important of all, stay wonderful.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW DOWN BELOW. THANKS!

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
Does an Ex Fire Nation Firebender joining The Rebel Armada to help them succeed, work?

Does an Ex Fire Nation Firebender joining The Rebel Armada to help them succeed, work?
It does indeed. Ex-Fire Nation can be found in the Rebel Armada.

Reactions: Justin
Then sign me up for one lol

Reactions: Mobley Eats
Okay I'll do tomorrow about to pass out.

I haven't read anything besides Avatar yet. Let me be an Earthbender, and I'm in. Nothing more to it xD

• Haha
I haven't read anything besides Avatar yet. Let me be an Earthbender, and I'm in. Nothing more to it xD
Your eagerness is blinding...I approve.

First Fallout, now Avatar, times are truly happy for me lately <3

Well, I'm definitely interested! I don't know a lot about Avatar - watched like, 1/3 of all episodes maybe - but I think I can manage with knowledge gathered from wikis.

Anyway. Are non-bending characters allowed? And what exactly would you like to see in the sample, if I might ask? ^^

First Fallout, now Avatar, times are truly happy for me lately <3

Well, I'm definitely interested! I don't know a lot about Avatar - watched like, 1/3 of all episodes maybe - but I think I can manage with knowledge gathered from wikis.

Anyway. Are non-bending characters allowed? And what exactly would you like to see in the sample, if I might ask? ^^
Non-bending characters are definitely allowed. Gives diversity to the group and you guys a bit more creative freedom. As for the sample, just write something that'll give me a general idea of how you post. It can be anything, really. A brief fight scene. A character having a catharsis. An important conversation. Etc. Heck, it could even be an ATLA post of some sorts.

I'm sort of interested. Would like to know if you're accepting a chi blocker character first, though, as this is something I've been especially interested in making recently.

I'm sort of interested. Would like to know if you're accepting a chi blocker character first, though, as this is something I've been especially interested in making recently.
Yes, chi blockers are accepted!

@Nefelibata I'd prefer that you'd write a fresh sample to give me the most honest representation of how your currently write. As for what you write, the topic or theme is whatever you please. If you wish to do an ATLA inspired sample, that works perfectly fine.

@Nefelibata I'd prefer that you'd write a fresh sample to give me the most honest representation of how your currently write. As for what you write, the topic or theme is whatever you please. If you wish to do an ATLA inspired sample, that works perfectly fine.
Oh, kind of made things confuse with the statement. By old post I kind of meant stuff posted earlier this week or something like that. Still, guess I can just write something new since you feel it's more adequate to do so.

*eyes*
I shouldn't but... DANG it's ATLA. I'd be remiss if I didn't post my interest.

• Haha
*eyes*
I shouldn't but... DANG it's ATLA. I'd be remiss if I didn't post my interest.
Lol! Glad I could tempt you my friend. Come to the dark side--we have cookies galore.

• Sweet
Reactions: Greenie