Status
Not open for further replies.
{Can I be the avatar?}

Chasing after the firebenders, Kai jumped up over the fallen guy Jericho knocked down and sent a cascade of rocks at the guy that sent him flying. Still running, Kai used her staff to pick up Jericho. Then, stomping her staff on the ground, she sent the guy in front of her flying. "You ok Jer?"

(Go right ahead. XD))

A few more came out of seemingly nowhere but Suki bended her water into an ice sword and began to slice, expertly taking out the remainder of the men. She was in her game zone. Soon there was no one elft.

Before Maia had time to react to the little group, fireballs were flying everywhere. They seemed to be concentrating mainly on the waterbender, though why, Maia couldn't fathom. Soldiers flew past her in a rush. She dug her heels into the ground, prepared in the event she was attacked. The other benders seemed to be making short work of the soldiers, however. Bare minutes passed before they were all dispatched. One crumpled to the ground in front of her, his helmet's visor sliding down. She pressed her right foot down on his chest, pinning him even in his state of unconsciousness.

"As the stranger here, I've got next to no right to say this, but I'll do it anyway. That wasn't a general attack on a group of benders, they were too ill-prepared. What the hell is going on?" She arched an eyebrow and let her gaze wander across the ragtag group, lingering momentarily on each of them. Was this really something she wanted to get involved with?

Kai had seen Sachi dispatch the last of the firebenders, just as she herself dispatch those she grouped of using a barrier. Quickly grabbing one of the guys she demanded "Why are you here? Who were you after?"

"They told me to capture Sachi, that she is in league with the avatar. We don't know who it is yet, and we weren't given any other information. But she must've pissed off people in high places to have orders against her from the fire lord." He had said weakly.

During the fighting, Jing had raised patches of earth into the sky, bringing up the firebenders with it. He didn't know who they were after or why, but when someone attacked his camp, he wasn't about to let them off easy. As the fighting ceased, he took a deep breath, seeing what everyone else was doing and listening to the one man's words. It didn't look good. If the firelord was coming after anyone, they were as good as dead in today's world. He smiled to Sachi and told her:

"Don't worry. That guy would have to go through me to get to you."

Sachi blinked as everything was said so quickly. Though at Jing's words, she couldn't help but blush. She wasn't sure she wanted to let them know her true story yet. She'd only met them, and she'd only cause problems. "I...I need to go...Thank you all for letting me eat with you." She said beginning to back up to leave.

He was holding his chest while Kai helped him up and asked was he ok. " Yea thanks. Caught me off guard." He was lucky he thought he had to be more careful. While the rest of the soldiers was taken care of he kept his gaze on Sachi. Something was wrong they was after her totally ignoring the avatar. He over heard Kai and soldier's conversation but he was buying it. There was more to the story and he want answers. Ignoring everyone else he walked up to Sachi and put both hands on her shoulders and said more loudly than he intended but that doesn't that he wasn't a little angry. The last thing he wanted today was to get attacked. "Who are you?"

Jing, seeing Jericho go for Sachi, tensed again, and lightly pushed him away from her. "C'mon, man. Lay off her. We don't need a fight between us right now." Then, turning to her, he asked, "Why must you leave? Without you around, it's boring. You brought excitement. I don't think I've felt the blood pound in my ears for at least two weeks until today, when those Fire Nation guys started attacking."

"Guys, we could ask her nicely." Kai said softly, walking up to them. "Sachi, why were they after you and obviously ignoring us?"

Sachi gasped when she was grabbed. She glared at him drawing water around her hand and was about to punch him when Jing came up pushing him away from her. She looked to Jing and listened to his words then to Kai. Sachi spoke again. "If I told you, you'd all hate me, it's too dangerous for me to stay here anymore. Good evening, and thank you for the food." She repeated stubbornly, though this time in a bit more of a bitter tone. She was normally very quiet and sweet, but this was a touchy subject, but she was only trying to protect them.

Jericho felt a little abashed when Jing pushed him away but he also felt he had a right to be angry. He was about to lash out on Jing but Sachi started speaking. His anger fell and rose as he thought to himself. "I already think I do." He said to Sachi. " But it will be to dangerous out there especially if the fire nation is hot on your trail. So maybe you should stay with us. Strength in numbers ya know?" Even though he didn't care to much for her at the moment he still didn't want her to die.

"I understand what you're saying, but on that note I will not stay somewhere i'm not wanted or welcome." She said glaring. "I've been on my own and managed to evade them for years now. So on that pretense goodbye!" She said aggitated and angry with Jericho. On that note she turned heading into the forest, though she was strong, she was no match for the group should they want to keep her there bad enough or try to stop her.

Jing called after her, turning to the others and said quickly, "I'll try," meaning he was going to try and at least find out what was wrong. Chasing after her, he quickly caught up, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Please. Hear me out. I don't know what baggage you carry, nor do I care. But I want to help you in any way I can. I can't let someone just walk out into the night like this. Please, just give me an inch and stay for the night. In the morning, you can decide if you want to stay or not." He sighed, taking his hand away from her shoulder. "You know what. Do whatever you want. I am in no position to force you to do something you want." Turning away from Sachi, only a bit disappointed, he took a few steps away before looking back more than a little longingly.

Sachi stopped dead when Jing caught up to her. She looked over her shoulder as he spoke. She looked down. "My dad's a general." She whispeered ashamed but knew it was quiet enough that he'd be able to hear her. "I don't want you to get hurt." She said in the same tone. "Not the way he's hurt me." She said to Jing. "I can't stay...They'll come back, those we just took down were only scouts."

((Hello? Anyone here? And did everyone see my status?))

Status
Not open for further replies.