Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright everyone. I'm going to study your characters and find a solution. (sucks to be in a different timezone)
Will edit this post.
Although a post that collects the character sheets would be great since we used a uniform format. It'd look so cool. TuT

I'm a bit apprehensive over writing my character's backstory, at least until I know what the preferred role/starting point for a Chi Blocker is. Would he be considered a 'master' of sorts? Or is he just an interloper?

I'm a bit apprehensive over writing my character's backstory, at least until I know what the preferred role/starting point for a Chi Blocker is. Would he be considered a 'master' of sorts? Or is he just an interloper?
He would be a master of sorts. No one in this roleplay will be an interloper.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
We...have a situation.

I'm not sure where Amai is yet, Li is travelling with Kassidy, Sutōmu is in the Southern Water Tribe, Shanti is en route to East Air Temple, Shing is travelling around and the setting seems quite like a mix between Korra's and Aang's time (culture in Aang's time but with the worldliness of Korra's time).

The best solution would be splitting up at this point. Li, Kassidy and Sutōmu can start at the Southern Water Tribe, just about to leave to go to the Earth Kingdom where they'll somehow run into Amai (probably), Shing and Shanti. Oh and @Uncle Legens Legentis could start at either points, whichever is more likely for your character (I think Earth Kingdom?)

Also, I hope you're okay with Shanti mothering the hell out of the characters. :')

We...have a situation.

I'm not sure where Amai is yet, Li is travelling with Kassidy, Sutōmu is in the Southern Water Tribe, Shanti is en route to East Air Temple, Shing is travelling around and the setting seems quite like a mix between Korra's and Aang's time (culture in Aang's time but with the worldliness of Korra's time).

The best solution would be splitting up at this point. Li, Kassidy and Sutōmu can start at the Southern Water Tribe, just about to leave to go to the Earth Kingdom where they'll somehow run into Amai (probably), Shing and Shanti. Oh and @Uncle Legens Legentis could start at either points, whichever is more likely for your character (I think Earth Kingdom?)

Also, I hope you're okay with Shanti mothering the hell out of the characters. :')
Bravo Monsieur! Bravo!

School has left me quite busy, so I may require another day to finish my application. Deepest apologies. :blah:

Reactions: Sunshine & Whiskey
Me too! Anyone wanna establish character relations or something?

Pretty sure my character wouldn't have any relation to anyone yet XD

Also Thank you, and I understand, I am disappointed a bit it's not yaoi.... But! Its from my favorite artist so I will put up with the hetro love~

I just updated history...

Okay, breath Sasha, breath.
*Sr Pelo mode on*

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIT EVEHRTHING IN MY SHIRTOY AJSJWNJJAAKAJAMWMS
*Sr Pelo mode off*

Maybe Sutōmu would secretly help Li to survive, giving him food and some of his income?

I just updated history...

Okay, breath Sasha, breath.
*Sr Pelo mode on*

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIT EVEHRTHING IN MY SHIRTOY AJSJWNJJAAKAJAMWMS
*Sr Pelo mode off*

Maybe Sutōmu would secretly help Li to survive, giving him food and some of his income?
Scratch my previous idea. If kassidy lived and trained with your family, it wouldn't be uncommon for all three of our characters to have been friends. After all, the avatar lived with Li as she was being trained by his father. I can edit my history some to in include your character, as a friend of his childhood.

Scratch my previous idea. If kassidy lived and trained with your family, it wouldn't be uncommon for all three of our characters to have been friends. After all, the avatar lived with Li as she was being trained by his father. I can edit my history some to in include your character, as a friend of his childhood.
Wait...
Okay, let's get this straight:
Kassidy arrives to Northern Water Tribe to train weapon wielding, when Li and Sutōmu are still there. Then, Kassidy moves on. Sutōmu and his family leave for South Tribe.
Several years later, Li get's banished. He wanders to South Tribe.
I think I wrote something wrong, did I?

Wait...
Okay, let's get this straight:
Kassidy arrives to Northern Water Tribe to train weapon wielding, when Li and Sutōmu are still there. Then, Kassidy moves on. Sutōmu and his family leave for South Tribe.
Several years later, Li get's banished. He wanders to South Tribe.
I think I wrote something wrong, did I?
Yep, sure did. Li's history was edited and changed from what i had written before. And kassidy trained with Li's father to learn northern style water bending. I did away with Li being banished, and just wrote that he traveled to the southern tribe with his uncle.

Yep, sure did. Li's history was edited and changed from what i had written before. And kassidy trained with Li's father to learn northern style water bending. I did away with Li being banished, and just wrote that he traveled to the southern tribe with his uncle.
Thank you for clarifying. I think I read it three times over when I saw the banishing thing.

I've edited out my character's history. I'm open to making changes if need be.

362613.jpeg

| Xunsu Zhengfu-zhe | 25 | Earth Kingdom |

Nicknames;;
Feathered-Blade
Eagle-Eyes (used as frequently as an insult as it is a compliment)
Hawk of the East (a nickname which he had given himself, although it has little recognition elsewhere)

Gender;;
Male

Sexual Orientation;;
Heterosexual

Role;;
Chi Blocker

In Depth Appearance;;
Xunsu's appearance alters when it needs to, so to speak. He makes his own feather headdresses every so often, and wears them proudly, sometimes mixing them with valuable jewelry in order to create an elaborate display. His face is usually covered in war-paint, even under peaceful circumstances. Xunsu has a lean, thin body and is somewhat taller than most folks. It's not unfair to say that he's not the most athletic of any group either. For what he lacks in overall muscle strength, he makes up for in his glaring red eyes, which come in handy for intimidation. Preferring to keep his agility intact, Xunsu wears thin, black garments that provide almost nothing in the way of protection.

Likes;;
  • Meditation
  • Art (especially painting & sculptures)
  • Wind chimes
  • Teaching

Dislikes;;
  • Arrogance
  • Pride
  • Buzzard Wasps
  • Fire Benders

Skills;;
  • Spiritual Guidance
  • Climbing
  • Calligraphy

Personality Traits;;
  • Patient
  • Cautious
  • Stern
  • Courteous (occasionally to a fault)

Personality;;
Xunsu has dedicated a portion of his life into becoming as wise as the monks from the Air Temples. He likes to be knowledgeable, and never shirks responsibilities for the sake of convenience. That being said, it takes very little to get on his nerves. Obnoxious people in general make him irate. This is reflected poorly in combat as well, where a foe can draw out the battle by simply annoying the Chi Blocker into making a mistake. In situations where Xunsu can remain calm, he is a force to be reckoned with. Despite his spiritual outlook on life, he can be guilty of overconfidence when it is the least helpful.

Place of Origin;;
Ba Sing Se (Agrarian Zone)

History;;
Xunsu Zhengfu-zhe was the firstborn son of an apothecary father and a street-painter mother, which provided as normal a childhood as one could get in Ba Sing Se. He cared deeply for his family early on, especially when an orphaned infant appeared one day, on the doorstep of his home. The child was adopted and was happily accepted as a little sister by Xunsu. They went to school together, played together, and squabbled as siblings typically do. Xiu Zhengfu-zhe, however, was a sickly child. Despite their father's best efforts with treating her, time wore down on the girl's energetic personality greatly.

It became increasingly difficult for Xunsu to care for his sister over the years. His heart broke every time that she was bedridden, moreso when his family knew that finding a doctor would be a miracle in itself. The old apothecary sold cures for headaches and the like, but nothing along the lines of what his daughter was suffering. Xunsu's father tried to teach him everything that he knew about the human body. The boy absorbed the information well, and much later, he made it his goal to find a cure for Xiu's unknown illness. It soon became evident that this goal could never be accomplished in Ba Sing Se.

Moving outside the city walls, Xunsu spent five years as a nomad across the Earth Kingdom. He had gone through countless misadventures and came out empty-handed each time. On the verge of giving up hope, the young man experienced a vision of a spirit that compelled him to continue his journey. He ignored the advice, deemed himself a failure, and opened up a monastery to the east of Omashu. Still unable to be at peace with himself, Xunsu experienced another vision. This time, he succumbed to the spirit's advice. He would try again at saving his sister.

The monastery which he had founded, meanwhile, was dedicated primarily to non-benders. Xunsu allowed his students to teach him as much as they could, whereupon he gave them supplies or the philosophy of the moment in return. The art of combat became popular among the students, and Xunsu was not opposed to learning of better ways to defend himself. These lessons were put to good use when a flock of Caribou-Hawks swooped down at the monastery.

It wasn't until Xunsu saw that he had paralyzed one of the creatures that he was filled with remorse. Not only that, but he had a better grasp on the nature of chi-blocking. Seeing it as his responsibility to care for the strange beast, Keai proved to be an invaluable asset. The creature's feathers were placed into a headdress, symbolizing the close relationship between man and nature. Bidding his students goodbye, Xunsu left the monastery with his caribou-hawk in tow. A sort of friendship emerged between the two, giving the young man a sense of optimism as he stepped out into the unknown yet again.

Equipment;;
Liuyedao Sword
Leather Breastplate
Canteen
Knapsack
Walking Cane

Extra;;
Xunsu has a pet Caribou-Hawk (named Keai), although it is very stubborn in letting people ride it.
peryton.jpg
Lovely character. Accepted! :)

Update; Okay, everyone, by the looks of it, we're still waiting on @Meggie 's character but I am still planning on starting this tonight. It'd be later because I got called into work but it will start, no guarantees about that!!

Cannot wait to delve into the Avatar world with you all. :)[/hr]

Status
Not open for further replies.