I can think of an '* bending' for air, but there are other creative methods like vacumes....If I was planning a non-bender then I would go for that...but I am currently Still running with the Kyoshi idea, if theres still room?

Of course DusKi plenty of room.

I changed my characters story as well as his bening abilities and equipment.

So I'm thinking of joining, just don't really know whether I should make an earthbender or just some general warrior badass.

Isn't Avatar about chinese though? Why the samurai names lol

Blood Bending can't be used since it wasn't invented yet D: The person who discovered it lives in Aang's time so nobody is allowed to have it...

And the names can be fudged a bit.

The world in which the show is set is heavily based off of different asian cultures. The four nations are loosley based off of specific real world countires. Fire nation roughly equals Japan, the earth kingdom is china, Air nomads=India, water tribe Russian and Alaskan Natives, as well as Ainu and some others. It cannot be said though that any one nation is based purely off one real worl country. For instance the Kyoshi warriors, while members of the earth kingdom, are very heavily based off of samurai, they even carry what appears to be katanas. The world of Avatar defies cultural limitations.

And My characters name is Ainu.I thought it would be cool!

Attachments

• 145694_1227675745496_full.jpg
    145694_1227675745496_full.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 6
I shouldn't be joining anymore RPs, but I really wanted to join Book One, Zyzy and now I have a chance to participate in you're awesome story. I've always wanted to play an an Avatar roleplay!

So. I'll make a character sometime after Monday. c__c Probably an Earth Bender. However, I like the idea of a rogue Fire Bender... Oh well, we'll see!

Character Name: Shao
Place of Birth/Tribe: Earth Tribe
Job/Role: Artisan
General Appearance:
Future_Shao.jpg

Current Goal/Purpose: To further his sculpting abilities as well as escape the bloodshed and war that currently surrounds him since the attack on his home city.
General Personality: Shao is generally a quiet person, tending to keep to himself and not talk to strangers. He keeps to himself and is perfectly fine if you did the same. Shao dislikes confrontation and has a weak will, most of the time not having the willpower to stand up for himself and giving in just so there's no conflict.

In group settings Shao is the one that sits back and lets others take the lead, never really wanting a leadership position and much preferring to be a follower. He's very good at taking direction from others as he has no problems with authority over him. He also works well with other because he is so passive, so he works especially well with those with stronger personalities.

While Shao is seen generally as weak, there are times when he feels that he can't be pushed around, such as the protection of friends and allies. While he by no means has the strongest will, he refuses to betray his friends, and is quite loyal to those he bonds with.

The times in solitude however is when Shao really opens up, especially during his sculpting. A kind of peace comes over him and he's able to channel all of his emotions and thoughts into his work, as a form of therapy. The sculpting is a release for him and, should for whatever reason go an extended period of time without it, he can grow crabby and irritated, as if going through withdrawals.
Special Items/Weapons: No special items to speak of nor weapons. Being a simple artisan, he had no need of such things.
Bending Abilities: As an earthbender, he has control over the earth. However, unlike most other earthbenders, he does not use the massive movements and boulders that is most associated with his form. Instead, he moves it more like a water bender, with smooth, precise movements. This is mainly due to him being an artisan and, more specifically, a sculptor, which requires immense control over his earth bending. However, as of the moment he has no combat experience and is unable to effectively use his bending to his advantage.
General History: Shao was raised as an only child in the Earth Kingdom. When found to be an earthbender, his father had high hopes for him, and from a young age worked him into being part of the military, something his father himself had done. However, Shao never accepted the role that his father pushed down on him, instead picking up stray rocks and etching into them with his abilities, slowly developing his artistic skills. His father soon realized that his son wasn't cut out for the military and, soured by disappointment, marked his son a failure and more of a woman than a man.

As Shao grew older, his relationship with his father tensed more and more, and eventually he left home at the age of 17, unable to take the daily scorn from his father. His mother was heartbroken at seeing their family splitting apart as such, but was powerless to fix the broken bonds between the two men.

As the Fire Nation assaulted the Earth Kingdom city that Shao resided in, he decided to leave with the caravan, having nowhere else to go and wishing to help those looking for lost relatives and the like. Not only that, but he also didn't feel all that safe within the Earth Kingdom, figuring that if he's away from the cities, there'd be less of a chance for an attack by the fire nation.

Hope this works! ^^

Character Name: Zhang.

Place of Birth/Tribe: Earth Kingdom, Ba Sing Se.

Job/Role: Mercenary/Caravan Guard.

General Appearance:
chang-chen-5724.jpg

Current Goal/Purpose: To make sure the caravan is safe on its way to the record station, once there, find out if his brother is alive or not.

General Personality: Zhang is a man who always thinks like a soldier, he laughs at the tense situations, and he fights like the devil when he must. He doesn't take well to incompetent authority, doing his best to antagonize such.

Special Items/Weapons: He has the hat of his Earth Kingdom Army uniform, his spear and a short sword he uses for several purposes.

Bending Abilities: BENDING YO ASS INTO GRASS BIATCH

General History: He was born into a family of soldiers, since he was a child he fought, with his own hands, with spears, swords, axes, bows, almost every weapon in the kingdom. He grew up trained by some of the greatest martial artists in Ba Sing Se and Omashu, many of them friends of his brother, Zhao, then an officer in the Navy.

Once he matured, he joined the Army, where his career was quickly cut short, he fought with an officer while he was off duty, after having heard the news that the ship his brother was on had been sunk. He was discharged from the Army, with no chance of getting back. He travelled to Xiu Ying Tse as the bodyguard of a wealthy man, who died on the attack on the city. Now once again he is searching for work, having found it in the caravan heading for the record station.

Gonna go with a pure offensive air bender...this should be interesting.

Character Name:
Zhen Xiu

Place of Birth/Tribe:
Kyoshi Island/Earth Tribe

Job/Role:
Earth Bending wanderer offering her services to those in need, in exchange for money. As business grows smaller, she joined the caravan and serves as a guardian or whatever else they need. Free of charge, of course.

General Appearance:
chinese_girl_painting10.jpg

Current Goal/Purpose:
To assure the safety and accomplishments of the caravan. Also to look for a place to settle.

General Personality:
Reliable, caring, sweet and compassionate. Zhen seems to hardly ever lose her temper; she's always so peaceful looking. In many situations, she can be seen smiling and blushing. Although she's got good social skills, she comes off as pretty bashful. When she's filled with sorrow, she does her best to control her tears, unless she's by her lonesome. Showing sadness is weak for a study Earth Bender to show in front of others.

Special Items/Weapons:
Aside from her backpack of supplies for fishing and camping, she carries a whistle specifically to call for Ying, her Ostrich Horse if he should wander off. This mount allows her to travel much faster. He also keeps her company.

Bending Abilities:
Zhen is experienced with both offensive and defensive Earth Bending, though she prefers to attack. Reason being if someone breaks through her defenses, she's doomed to pulverization. She has little close combat skill and doesn't know how to use any kind of weapon properly.

Many underestimate her since she's such a frail, cute looking girl. The reality of it is that she's a power house! Like many, she can make fissures, make stone into armour, create rock walls and toss heavy chunks of earth in the direction of her foes.

General History:
Zhen Xiu's parents insisted that she do more domestic things rather than learn to Earth Bend. She had the gift, as did her Father, but they still forbid it. Her Father was a bitter old man who wasn't thrilled about the birth of a daughter in the first place. This was greatly upsetting to Zhen, especially when he'd shout at her for getting private lessons. The Mother would just stand by, too intimidated to step in and defend her only child.

When Zhen was only sixteen years old, she fled her home upon the back of her Ostrich Horse so she could be free from the antagonizing Father. Life was harsh for a long time, since she had to learn on her own how to survive. Once she was skillful with her Bending, she offered her services to anyone she came across. In exchange, she got money, all of which went towards food and sometimes, shelter. Little of every payment has been saved to go towards a real home.

Zhen has no grudge against any person or any particular nation, such as the Fire Benders. Their reigns of terror, however, have caused her grief for others, being the overtly compassionate woman she is. She knows she can be useful to the other nations so peace can be restored. Eventually, she hopes for the opportunity for her to help will arrive.

Cool! So I'll put up the OC on Monday. Right now I'm just waiting for Fluffy and Jack to create their bios and Alarice to put hers in!

Sorry i changed a part of my character again. This time I changed his equipment. I thougt it would be better for him to have more traditionalwater tribe armor.

So I'll be starting the IC later this evening so if there's any last minute things you want to squeek in before we start let me know now~

BEND AWAY DARKNESS! BEND AWAY. I DARE YOU.

I love Avatar! o_o Can I still play? Pweeeease?! -snuggles Zypher-

Sure thing Shinobi! Just fill out a bio and we can add you in!