Fantasy, Scifi, Mystery
kxuYrTW.png=1

[BCOLOR=transparent]| Roster | IC | Accepted CS Dump | Collaboration Site |

Head GM

Sketching101

GMs
| Gero |
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rule no. 1: Don't be rude or more plainly put, to destroy all loopholes, an asshole.
Rule no. 2: Don't go overboard with your characters. Characters deemed overpowered by the GMs will be denied.
Rule no. 3a: This should be obvious but you can only have one main element.
Rule no. 3b: You cannot start with a sub-element. (icebending doesn't count)
Rule no. 4: A bender cannot start with chiblocking.
Rule no. 5: You must respect the decisions of the GMs. You can protest but unless you convince them before the final say, don't bring up the subject.
Rule no. 6: No metagaming, no powergaming etc. etc. . . You guys already know these parts.
Rule no. 7: I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT push the character's powers' boundaries while making the CS.
Rule no. 8: This isn't really a rule but I want everyone to understand one thing: Bending is different from other skills. It's not learned later so you'd most likely be able to bend without any problem. The complicated stuff need to be learned but the core basics and perhaps even more would be known by every bender.
[/BCOLOR]

[tabs]
[tab |Origin Myth|]
Around 10,000 years ago, the spirits roamed the earth freely along with the humans. There was hardly anything that could be called 'peace' except for the wealthiest. Lords governed walled cities protected by warriors granted with bending by one of the four giant lion turtles. It was no secret that there was hostility between the spirits and the humans. People without bending weren't allowed to leave the walls, since such a thing would only lead to the reduction of workers for the landlords. The benders would go hunting for the city, taking some able-bodied citizens on the dangerous journey for a chance to get a bigger share. There were four main cities, each quite far away from the other. The city of the waterbenders in the north, of the firebenders in the east, of the earthbenders in the west and the differing society of the air nomads. Of the four, only the nomads lived in harmony with the spirits, as they'd learned to coexist without hampering with one another's life. Among the spirits were two that stood out: Vaatu and Raava. Little was known about these two. They were always seen fighting, clawing at one another, trashing mountains and forests. It is said that they have been fighting for eternity, never resting. Both soon, however, would stop their everlasting war for neither could fight anymore. The spirits started to lose their light and size. Each was found by two citizens, who decided to help the fading spirits. They nurtured the spirits to health, until the point when they humans merged with the spirits in order to keep them safe. As a result, with the combination of the spirits and the humans, two great and continuous powers appeared.

For several centuries, five great governments have prevailed: The Water Nation, which is divided into the South and North Poles, The Fire Nation, which rules in the west, The Earth Kingdom, which spreads its lands in the east, The Air Nation, the country of peaceful nomads south of The Earth Nation and finally, Viola, the independent peaceful island nation.
[/tab]

[tab |World History|]
Before globalization, the world was quite turbulent; a lot more than it is today. In the beginning of the Tetra Era, the world was divided into several small tribes, using their bending as their main weapons. There were some non-benders who were able to hold power, using the martial arts techniques of chiblocking, though these people were mainly situated in the Fire Isles in the west.

Throughout this long epoch of turmoil, technology was unable to flourish for quite some time outside of the Fire Isles, where the people learned the ability of fire to fuel contraptions. Rivaling the firebenders were only the earthbenders, where a select group had found a way to rapidly make weapons, armour and even build impenetrable steel fortresses. While these two nations were quite advanced and numerous, a ruthless tribe that was accustomed to harsh conditions in the north and south were flourishing. The water tribes were almost impossible to conquer, since their homes were, by all means, their arsenal. They soon started to meet their neighbours, although these meetings were rather violent.
The only peaceful land could be found in the secluded Air Temples, which were just myths. The air nomads lived there just as they do now, cut off from the outer world almost completely.
The Avatars, in their times, would usually protect the people, siding with rebels in revolutions and fighting barbarians off to keep small villages safe. Both were respected in their eras, though they were usually short-lived.
As time progressed, larger and centralized governments were formed and even the islands Air Temples were on were governed by an Air Nation. The Earth Kingdom was formed in the east, The Water Nation in the south (Southern Water Tribe) and the north (Northern Water Tribe), The Fire Nation in the west, the Air Nation islands around the world and Viola, a peaceful nation that helps keep the peace. With the formation of these five nations, a calmer era began where technology was developed immensely.
[/tab]
[tab |Near History|]
Around 20 years ago, there were two Avatars, like there was for more than several millennia. One was Rafruel of the Air Nation, who'd already finished his training in all of the elements and was residing in the Southern Air Temple, and the other was Alina of the Fire Nation, who was younger than her counterpart and was still venturing to sharpen her skills. Around that time, the temple Rafruel lived in was sacked and almost completely destroyed. There were no survivors from the mysterious attack, except, perhaps, Rafruel, whose body was never found. After that day, Alina was also nowhere to be found. People expected new Avatars to rise but no one appeared.
[/tab]
[tab |Technology|]
Today's technology is quite advanced. There have been fire-fed trains, planes, cars and airships for quite some time. Recently, people have been able to create artificial limbs, mechanic armours, radios and even screens. Things such as diving suits have been made smaller and easier to use not too long ago in the Earth Kingdom to be used for the searching of the ancient ruins under the water east of the mainland of the Kingdom. There are landline-phones, several hundreds in each city, though its development hasn't reached the point where it is mobile.
[/tab]
[/tabs]

Political State

[BCOLOR=transparent][tabs]

[tab |Map|]
xaQy6xs.jpg
[/tab]

[tab |The Water Nation|]
The Water Nation is divided into two tribes: the Northern Water Tribe, a colony that answers to the tribe, the Southern Water Tribe. The northerners are generally simple villagers, lacking military forces entirely. They're usually hunter gatherers, surviving by making whatever they need themselves. The southerners, on the other hand, live more comfortably compared to the northerners. The South is also the base of the military of the Water Nation, which is known for it's successful defense of the Nation for more than five hundred years.
The Water Nation has great influence over the trade routes in the oceans, especially since they tend to go back and forth between the North and South. Its main trade source is seafood and animal pelts, though they also trade what they buy from foreign nations.
The nation's current leader is the Tribe Chief Jaimyk, who resides in the south. He's a resolute warrior and waterbender admired by his people. Lately, he hasn't been seen much outside his home.

The Water Nation has had quite a bit of inner turmoil, as well as conflict with The Fire Nation before the Fire Lord came to power. Though there was no official war, the two nations kept taunting and sometimes even attacking one another. With the young Fire Lord's reign, the conflicts died down, though the two nations' peoples still resent one another.
[/tab]

[tab |The Fire Nation|]
The Fire Nation resides in the western islands. Its technology rivals with that of the Earth Kingdom, feeding their machines with their flames. The Fire Nation is known for its masters of chiblocking. Though the places this art is taught isn't general knowledge, it isn't impossible to find. Asking around the islands is a good way to find out.
With the young Fire Lord coming to power with her father's untimely demise, the nation has somehow become more stable than it was before. She helped mend the relations between The Fire and Water Nations. This helped the nation both economically, since it was now able to trade with The Water Nation with ease and pass the ocean, as well as socially, slowly creating trust between the two peoples.
[/tab]

[tab |The Earth Kingdom]
The Earth Kingdom is a wide nation and probably the most powerful. It is nearly impossible to invade the great land of the east. The terrain allows them to use their bending to its fullest potential. Its economy is also flourishing since its main exports are weapons and technologically innovative inventions.
Its army is quite powerful and it has been showing some disturbing tendencies since the Earth Queen came to power, invading some of the uninhabited lands of the Air Nation. This has raised alarm in the Southern Water Tribe quite a bit.
Its capital, Ba Sing Se is quite the place to see, a city with great skyscrapers and green gardens.
[/tab]

[tab |The Air Nation|]
The Air Nation has been secluded from the rest of the world for quite some time. People barely find any of the temples in the Air Nation, since their locations are not really public knowledge. However, there are quite a few airbenders in service of Viola, as well as many in other nations as ambassadors. The nomads in the Air Nation spend their time in the temples.
There has been unrest in The Air Nation due to the invaders from the Earth Kingdom, though they're not officially connected to them yet. The air nomads refuse to fight the invaders, even when they're met with hostile behaviour.
[/tab]

[tab |Viola|]
Viola is the only major nation that has no affiliation to any of the elements and is by all means, completely neutral in every conflict. It has never had any engagement in war and acts as a mediator at times of turmoil. Because it always stays out of war, it doesn't have an army. The country itself is quite rich. The citizens earn much more than those of other countries on average. It has five grand cities, two on the main island and three on the smaller islands, respectively Wuyuan, Woduhe, Xialiao, Tai'an and Qitan.
Wuyuan is the cultural capital of the nation. The city is the host of several of the greatest universities and schools on the planet. Although the slums are quite different from the city, the rest of the place is beautiful and filled with people from all over the world and cultural centers like libraries, concert halls and prestigious schools.
Woduhe is a more densely populated area, situated on the west of the main island. It's the trade city of the nation with several seaports and airports. With so many people coming and going, Woduhe has become the city with a great number of tourists. Most businesses in the nation are settled in the city, or rather the north, to be more specific.
Xialiao, Tai'an and Qitan are all on different islands. Although they're all much smaller than the other cities, they're larger than the villages. They have quite a few interesting ruins in them.

Viola is governed by a council of elders, masters of one element each.
avatar___councilors_by_sketching101-d8bcl57.jpg

[/tab][/tabs]
[/BCOLOR]

Player Contributions to Lore

[tabs]

[tab |Info|]
Of course, I can't add every small thing that can help every player… So here's what I had in mind. So that we have a good idea of everything you need for your characters, you can apply to create locations, landmarks and organizations. You can make some ancient, undiscovered ruins or a warm fire village with a nice pork dish specialty or maybe even a secret society.

[/tab]

[tab |Landmark and Location Application|]
Code:
[b][i]Name[/i][/b] (If any)

[b][i]Location[/i][/b] (Its vicinity)

[b][i]Classification[/i][/b] (Is it a city, a temple, a dojo, ruins…?)

[b][i]Significance[/i][/b] (Why is it worth mentioning? The reason could be as simple as 'it's a part of my character's backstory')

[b][i]Inhabiters[/i][/b] (If any)

[b][i]History[/i][/b] (Not necessary but would help give context)

[b][i]Other[/i][/b] (Anything else you want to add?)
[/tab]

[tab |Organization Application|]
Code:
[b][i]Name

Logo[/i][/b] (Description is fine if you can't find an image)

[b][i]Locations[/i][/b] (Cities in which its located)

[b][i]Recognized by Nation?[/i][/b] (Is it an officially recognized organization or not?)

[b][i]Size[/i][/b] (How many members?)

[b][i]Important Members[/i][/b] (Players and significant members)
[/tab]
[/tabs]
Character Creation

[tabs]
[tab |Starting Skills and Limitations|]
A very important thing you need to look out for while you prepare your CS is making sure your character is balanced. So I decided to give you some context as to what a balanced character would be like.[/SIZE][/FONT][/BCOLOR]

Bending

Waterbending[/U]
All waterbenders have the ability to manipulate water to a certain level. As the skill is trained more and more, the waterbender would be able to manipulate water more precisely and in bigger masses. Interesting techniques like limb extensions could be mastered with training. In full moons and nights, waterbending becomes much stronger.

Icebending
Almost all waterbenders can use simple icebending, since it's mostly simple and blunt but with training, one can create either sculptures, or create glacial ice with hardness that rivals stone. There are several ways in which icebending can be used. The best way to train this is simple icebending.

Healing
Some waterbenders develop the ability to heal wounds by applying their water. While this isn't a rare talent, it's ineffective when used on grave wounds.

Plantbending
Plantbending is an interesting and surprisingly easy technique to master. The user simply draws water from plants, withering them while doing so. The best way to train plantbending is to try and manipulate the water in the plants without killing them.

Spiritbending
This is a rare form of waterbending that takes extremely lengthy and dedicated training. When it is mastered, the bender can purify dark spirits. It is difficult to find a teacher that knows this technique.

Bloodbending
Most likely the rarest form of waterbending, bloodbending is a banned form of the art. It can only be performed during a full moon, with some exceptional cases, and allows the bender to manipulate the target's body. It's known by very few and even fewer are willing to teach it.

Firebending
Firebending is the most destructive bending form. It has many variations from explosives to incendiary techniques. The flames can be given shape, routes… They can even be used as propulsors, shot from under the feet and palms in order to levitate. Unlike waterbending, firebending becomes stronger with the rise of the sun. It becomes several times stronger for a brief amount of time each century with the coming of a comet.

Lightning
Some firebenders learned how to harness the power of lightning. Though it's not easy to master, some firebenders have learned to redirect and sometimes generate lightning.

Earthbending
Earthbending is an art that draws its power from the terrain. Each material can be used in different ways. Earth can be simply bent and broken in an aggressive manner or the bender can make more delicate use of the art. There have been those who make tunnels to dive into, compress rocks and stones and even magnetize objects and people.

Lavabending
This is a rare form of earthbending seen only used by few masters. It's not too difficult to learn but it's difficult to find a teacher who could teach this technique. It melts the earth into lava and allows the bender to manipulate the lava at will, though not precisely. Earth can be turned into lava and back with ease.

Metalbending
Metalbending is a common technique which can be taught by quite a few people. The drawback is that it's not quite as easy to master as lavabending. Few have ever become true masters of the art. Though most metals can be bent, platinum cannot at all.

Airbending
Airbending is an art that requires patience and self control to master. Air Nomads usually train their minds and bodies to master airbending at a young age. Airbending is a more passive fighting style that redirects attacks without taking them on recklessly. It also has offensive techniques, such as air blows, air blades and air swipes. Airbenders can float with the support of the wind and glide using the glider/staff that most of them own.[/SIZE][/FONT][/BCOLOR]

Conventional Combat

[BCOLOR=transparent]Martial Arts
Even benders have felt the need to learn martial arts in order to be able to combat their opponents when they can't use their abilities. Martial arts is the composition of combat techniques, both armed and unarmed.

Chiblocking
Chiblocking is a special martial arts technique that was first created to combat benders. It blocks the routes through which chi flows, disabling people's limbs as well as their bending. It requires great precision as well as agility.

----
The stronger you make your character, the slower his or her strength will grow. You'll be outshone quickly by those who left space for character development. Check the rules for decisive limitations.

Level I : Novice.
This level indicates that a character has only learned the very basic of basic skills. The person can't do anything extravagant with this level of ability.

Level II : Adept.
This level means that a character has mastered some of the basics. It still means that they won't have any easy time with it and isn't really capable of applying the skills with ease. At this point it could be considered to be a small asset in some situations. Still not advised though it isn't yet advised for serious fights.

Level III : Regular.
At this level the character has mastered the skill, where they can make very many use of it. It still requires some focus, but they can use the skill in more serious fights, in order to defend themselves or perhaps being somewhat more offensive than the previous levels. At this level one can consider to dabble themselves in a specialization.

Level IV : Experienced
People on this level are more experienced and have an easy time with the basics of an element. They are often people who have trained long and hard with their bending in order to make it so good that their skill requires less focus and energy, which makes them often fierce opponents for lower leveled opponents. People on this rank often have started to research or started to train into a specialization.

Level V : Masters
As the level says it, these are the masters of a skill. The benders of this level are a force to reckon with in a fight as their bending goes almost without any sort of focus. They are also often the best teachers as they have a lot of experience, being able to guide others in understanding the skill they master better and faster than their lower leveled counterparts. Due their mastery, they also often are advanced in one or, in very rare cases, two specializations.

Beyond level V will come later, for sure, but for now, these will suffice.
[/tab]
[tab |Sun and Moon Cycles|]
The moon is the source of power for waterbending. When it rises, the power of the waterbenders grows immensely and proportionately to the size of the part of the moon that sees the light. With its coming, the power of firebenders dampen.
The sun, however feeds the power of the firebenders. With the rise of the sun, waterbenders lose the power boost given to them by the moon. The power grows greater with the sun's brightness.
[/tab]
[tab |Character Sheet|]
Be creative! You can be a street kid, a member of royalty (just PM me about it ;) ), a noble… Anything you can think of! LET THE IDEAS FLY!
Code:
[/SIZE][/FONT][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][FONT=arial][SIZE=4]
[b]Name

[b]Length and Build
Weight
Appearance[/b]

[b]Birthplace

[b]Element[/b] (if any)
[indent][b]Sub-Element[/b] (if any)[/indent]

[b]Personality[/b] (A short paragraph at least)
[b]Backstory[/b] (At least two paragraphs)

[b]Equipment[/b] (Anything your character carries, maybe even a pet)

[b]Skills[/b] (Talents and abilities)

[b]Theme Song[/b] (Just for fun :) )

[b]Other[/b] (Anything you want to add?)
[/tab]
[/tabs][/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Roster
[BCOLOR=transparent][tabs][/tabs][tabs][/tabs][tabs][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][tab |Characters|][/BCOLOR]
Waterbenders
Luca Céleste - Sketching101
Shiue An - Jessikka
Aiko Hasewaga - Lesli
Firebenders
Fang Lei - Gero
Aya Lian - Inzane
Ling S. Manshu - Blitzfang
[BCOLOR=transparent]Earthbenders[/BCOLOR]
Shen Rong - Superpiggeh
Miang Xiang - RainyDays
Hayate Kyozu - Chromehound
Li Kin Wo - Ash Mortis
[BCOLOR=transparent]Airbenders[/BCOLOR]
Yun Hui - Mizos
Jia Zhang - Snoring Serpent
Kaen - RedFox
Hotaru Suzuki - thirteenorphans
[BCOLOR=transparent]Non-benders[/BCOLOR]
Shun Min - RoranHawkins
Mei Guang - Aliceee
Kimiko - Lykaon
Jinhai Su - Fieryfly
Mu Lan - Expollo​

[BCOLOR=transparent][/tab][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][tab |Locations|][/BCOLOR]

Shangtan City - Owned by RainyDays
[BCOLOR=transparent][tab |Organizations|][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name Palm of the Worker[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Logo
qQ4Rpq7.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Locations Primarily in Ba Sing Se but has bases in almost every major city in the world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Recognized by Nation? Recognized as a criminal organization[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Size Several thousands[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Important Members Uura the White Bolt (leader), Finn the moonbane (right hand)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Shadow Blades - Owned by Gero[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Blessed Hand - Owned by Superpiggeh[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Shangtan Stompers - Owned by RainyDays[/BCOLOR]
Zisei - Owned by Mizos

[BCOLOR=transparent][/tabs][/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Woot! Woot! Let's get this RP starting. :)
CS almost done, Sketch. ;)

Shen Rong, yellow

Length and Build: 1.65m; Significantly muscular and well-built (refer to image for physique)
    Weight: 70kg
    Appearance: Sporting a greatly weather-beaten face and bald head, Shen is most distinctively identified by the cross scar that he has on his head. That, alongside his well-muscled physique and long earlobes and (relatively) distinctive facial hair, makes for a highly recognizable individual.

Birthplace: Ba Sing Se
    Organization: N/A

Element: Earth Bending
    Sub-Element: Metal Bending

• True to his element, Shen is a greatly rooted and firm individual, capable of facing down even the most belligerent of people and still maintain a cool, collected facade. Despite that, he is far from cool and collected, often breaking out into earth-shattering (literally) fits of anger after the need for calm is passed. Such is his nature that some have taken to calling him "Two-Faced Shen". As if to further perpetuate that moniker, Shen sometimes passes himself off as a Non-Bender, blending in as a skilled martial artist who specialises in various schools of martial arts.

Nevertheless, beyond his apparent hypocrisy, Shen is a kindly individual with a soft spot for those younger than him. Like a gardener who cultivates the plants in his garden, Shen looks upon the young ones as flowers about to bloom. Which is an irony, considering his general aversion to change.

On that note, Shen is anti-royalist, believing the Royal Family did nothing to better serve the interests of the Earth Kingdom. However, owing to the belief that the negative impact of an upheaval effected by the removal of the Royalty far outweighed the positive, he has never acted on his ideology. Instead, he travels the Earth Kingdom, honing his art and imparting them to those willing to seek him out for it.

With those he is on cordial terms, he can be rather crude and at times lewd in behaviour. It has earned him a few slaps here and there, but his physical training has proven to be exceptionally useful in such situations.

• Born to commoner parents in Ba Sing Se, Shen demonstrated aptitude for earth bending from an early age and was thus sent to an Earth Bending school. Although he showed no genius with the skill, he proved to be a diligent student, and was taken under a master who eventually helped him master Earth Bending and eventually, Metal Bending. However, determined to go beyond what he already knew, he sought out a Lava Bending master. He eventually found one, but when the latter realized he had no aptitude for the skill, he left - an act that left Shen with one of his oldest grudges.

Still, his thirst for true mastery persisted, so he pretended to be a Non-Bender and sought out a martial arts master (as the said master only taught Non-Benders). The fallout from when the master discovered his bending heritage was so severe that his parents paid for it with their lives. Furious, but still reasonable, Shen took to the authorities to exact vengeance by law but was thoroughly disappointed by the inefficiency. Left with little choice, he took revenge the criminal way, killing his master without anyone realizing.

With no evidence besides his motives, and combined with the gross inefficiency of the bureaucracy, Shen was able to leave Ba Sing Se without trouble. He did so and never looked back, taking to the sands of Omashu where he continued to train his earth bending in the treacherous sands of the desert - well known for its difficulty to any Earth Bender. He spent most of his later life there, surviving on odd jobs which he performed with ease due to his physique and bending abilities.

• Equipment: A paper fan. What better way to survive the heat of the desert? (Besides water, of course)

Skills: Keeping calm. It is probably fair to consider this a talent of sorts, especially when factoring in how long he kept watched and listened in times where most men would shout in rage, held back instead of striking, after his parents' murder.

Meditation. A ability he picked up to combat the nightmares and emotional repercussions of his actions leading to his parents' deaths. It has proven to be the sole way he kept himself together.

Theme Song: Stains of Time - Jamie Christopherson (Metal Gear Rising) << The lyrics are highly relevant to the character
[tabs][/tabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is my CS. I will start the review once I am done with my organization sheet.

[tabs][Tab | Personal Information |]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fang Lei[/BCOLOR]
(Fang : square, in the sense of correctness.
Lei : thunder.)

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]25 years old.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Length and Build[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1.82m tall and normal build.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight[/BCOLOR]
Weighs around
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Avatar_OC__Amatt_by_VeniceGirl.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Birthplace[/BCOLOR]
Woduhe
[BCOLOR=transparent]Location[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Organization[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Shadow Blades[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Element : Fire[/BCOLOR]
Sub-Element : None
[/tab][Tab | Detailed Information |]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fang is a calm and cool-headed person. He is often polite and knows how to stay at the background, as he doesn't enjoy the attention of a large group. Often he is also having trouble with reacting back if somebody compliments him, often grumbling or muttering that they need to thank or compliment him if he is really done with something. Fang does however takes pride in what he consider himself good in, though he is more than humble enough to realize when he is being outmatched and thus needs to either back down or try a different approach.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Furthmore, he does have a hard time to bond with people due his natural distrust of other people. Even though he will behave in a polite fashion, it does take some effort before he goes out of his own way in order to help somebody else, even if he doesn't directly benefit from helping another.[/BCOLOR]

Backstory
Fang grew up in the slums of Woduhe. Both his parents had came from the Fire Nation as they had heard from Fang's father's brother that living in Viola was a blessing. However, they soon realized that the man had lied and just tried to work his way out with spinning fairy tales that Viola could provide a better life than anywhere in the Fire Nation. Bitter and disappointed, Fang's parents were thus forced to try to work hard to find a job. And when they managed to find one, it would took even more effort to keep it. After all, it is rather easy to hire somebody else who will work harder and longer and for less. This caused quite some grief at the young couple, who had dreamed to settle down where they could start a nice family.

For the first few years they managed to barely keep staying alive from the few coins they made. When Fang was however born, it didn't last long. His mother had some complications at the birth of Fang and caused her to be weakened and growing ill. This left his father to work harder in order to provide for his spouse and son. It didn't only took a toll on the man's physical condition but also mental. He started to drink more as he was growing desperate and saw almost no other way to escape the misery that was overruling his life.

Eventually Fang's mother died when Fang had became six years old. His father had became an alcoholic and the relationship between Fang and his father wasn't a healthy one. Most of the time they would exchange curses and shouts at each other, resulting that Fang would either run away or receive a beating from his old man. On the street Fang was often busy with doing what the typical street urchin do. Pickpocket people, picking fights with other kids and what not.

It would continue on like that until Fang reached the age of twelve. He tried to pickpocket what he believed to be an easy target. An old man that was sitting on a bench, apparently fallen asleep. After Fang tried to reach into the pocket of the old man's jacket, his wrist was grabbed and learned that the old man had waken up. Expecting to be in trouble, Fang tried to intimidate the man, but met the ground before he could blink with his eyes. Aggressive and angry, Fang tried to lung and beat the old man up, but every time the old man would work Fang with ease against the ground. Eventually until Fang had enough of it, the two started to talk. The old man asked why Fang had tried to pickpocket Fang and why not looking for a more honest living. Saying he couldn't think of one, the man offered him the chance of his life. To learn one honest profession.

The old man was a scholar that had been once a mercenary. But he had given that up in order to travel and see more of the world. Taking Fang as his apprentice, the young boy started to learn how to read and write. Something that Fang in the begin disgusted as he knew that no street urchin could just read and write as it wasn't necessary or handy when you wanted to beat somebody up. But he didn't want to go back to the street, so he tried his best. Next to lessons on how to behave, the man also passed down marital arts. A subject where Fang managed to shine in. Though it would take many a years before he was even close of managing to beat his old master in hand to hand combat or with the use of a sword, Fang managed to become better with each passing year.

During these trainings, Fang also received meditation lessons in order how to control himself. The old man knew how to firebend, but wasn't willing to teach Fang how to do so if he couldn't keep himself under control. Else he would be a danger to everybody around him. Only when Fang reached the age of nineteen, did he received those lessons. They were strange and almost out of another world for him as he at first couldn't co-op with how bending worked. After the first two months, Fang almost had given up on it as it was more meditation than actual training. But after a few training sessions, Fang learned was introduced into something that renewed his motivation to strive to learn how to firebend.

firebender_swordsman_by_sketching101-d8c1bem.jpg

He was introduced to the group of the Shadow Blades and though he was first not sure if it was either just a sort of club or really an organization with a purpose, Fang enrolled into the organization with the rather ominous name. His old teacher and master was one of the few recruiters and would pass the knowledge of the organization on Fang, so that he would one day could take over the tasks of his old master. But before that could happen, he would need to pass some of the secret tests. It took all his skill and he even joked at the time, all his luck, but fang managed to pass the somewhat grim and harsh tests to see if he was capable of becoming a Shadow Blade. Entering the organization as a trainee, Fang managed to gain some mastery over Fire Bending. For several years he has stayed with his old mentor, continue to gain better control and mastery over his bending and swordsmanship. He was however requested to leave his old mentor at the age of twenty three, required to travel to Omashu in order to help and reinforce the base of operations of the Shadow Blades at that region.

For two years, Fang went under the cover of being a simple owner of an antic shop. Though he kept training and honing his skills, he was needed to try to gather information about a place that is called 'The Library of Wan Shi Tong'. Why or for what reason the organization was so keen on trying to find information about it remain to this day unknown for Fang, but recently he has gained a new objective. One that would mean he had to travel again, trying to find for more hints as he had been promoted and became a full fledged member of the Shadow Blades.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other[/BCOLOR]
* Fang isn't particular fond of telling how he has received the scar near his nose, often turning into a grumpy mood.
* Fang has developed the habit of counting the strikes whenever he sharpens his weapons. Something that can work on some people nerves as he keep doing it, weapon after weapon.
* Though he doesn't like to admit it, Fang is a capable teacher as he has can pass the teachings, training and lessons that he once received to somebody that he could consider worthy.
* Furthermore, Fang has a fear for feeling an affection for somebody. The reasons have yet to be revealed.

[/tab][Tab | Combat Information |]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Equipment[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]* Fang's Blade,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The weapon of choice for Fang as he wields the dao sword with great expertise, using it often with some fire bending to increase his fighting capabilities. It is been made from good quality steel and can be considered to be anything but cheap. It had been a sort of gift from his old mentor when he enrolled into the Shadow Blades. A reason why Fang is very fond of the weapon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
143_1764a.JPG
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]* Ankle Biters,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Two sharp steel knives that Fang have often concealed, for use when he can't swing around with his sword or needs to go to a place where weapons aren't allowed.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
IP-201-2_1_.png
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Skilled Fighter, [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Regular Fire Bender,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Capable of sneaking around,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Good in making plans,[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Silver tongued,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Due his training from a certain young age, as one can read from his history, Fang is a capable swordsman as well having learned how be effective with other sort of weaponry, mostly using his knives as secondary choice of weapons. He has been trained to a fire bending level of being Regular. Other than that, he is capable of sneaking around and can be considered silver tongued, a skill and trait he has found handy with his occupation.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][/tab][/tabs][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gods damnit. The spoiler problem at the Fang's blade is something I will try to work out, but it is giving me a hard time. My apologies for that. :([/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
Name
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]The Shadow Blades[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Logo [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]
tribal_owl_by_takihisa-d5gr4fe.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Locations [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Currently the organization is spread out over a few settlements. They don't have a recognized HQ or a real base of operations, but currently it is known that they have bases of operations at Woduhe, Omashu, Fire Fountain City and Goaling.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Recognized by Nation? [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]So far the organization has tried to keep itself in the shadows as they seem to be indifferent towards the nations, which makes them probably unrecognized.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Size [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]It is safe to say that there are a few hundred members. Its not a big organization that spans much length over the world and nations, probably due their rather secretive codes.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Important Members[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Currently known members are : [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]- Fang Lei's mentor, nearby Woduhe,[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]- Fang Lei[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Both of you can throw your CSs over to the Accepted CS Dump :) I put a link up top.

Reactions: Gerontis
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name Luca Céleste[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender Male[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age 17[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Length and Build 1.76m | He's quite flexible and somewhat strong-armed but his not-so-well-trained body makes him look a bit wimpy.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight 59kg[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance
luca_lunam___waterbender_oc_by_sketching101-d8cgywm.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Birthplace Southern Water Tribe[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Location [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Organization N/A[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Element Water[/BCOLOR]
Sub-Element N/A

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality Luca seems very easy to understand; he's caring and kind towards people close to him. He values friendship above all else, but doesn't consider everyone he gets to know and doesn't hate as his 'friends'. He likes to have few true friends whom he could trust completely, even with his life.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He also has a rather mischievous side that somewhat lacks in empathy. Although he wouldn't go so far to be qualified 'merciless', he cares little for strangers. He used to steal from random people, not really caring much about their need for what he took.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Backstory Almost two decades ago, the Céleste family lived comfortably, if not too much so, in the Southern Water Tribe. The parents had gotten quite rich running a tech company. They had one child on the way and a 6 year old daughter, Assan. Soon later, the second child was born, a boy that would receive the name Luca. The jade blue eyed boy was the first waterbender in the last two generations. Sadly, his parents wouldn't be around for too long to see him and his sister grow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Soon after Luca was born, his parents vanished without leaving a trace. They were never found, nor was there any result from the investigations. Thus, the new orphans were given to the care of a trusted servant of their family. Assan grew to be a calm and collected young girl in a few years, while Luca was more… destructive. As a child, he was quite reckless. While he played, ice sculptures worth hundreds of gold coins would turn into water in an instant, pouring down like the money would down a drain. He could never contain himself, always running around the house or playing with the snow and water outside. The closest person to him was always his sister, though she would often yell at him for damaging the house. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Being in the south pole, it was quite difficult to find a proper teacher, but one was found nonetheless to homeschool the brother and sister.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They both moved to Omashu along with the growing company which was trying to expand. This was around the time Luca turned 10, and the first time the two had left their homes. At that point, he hadn't any ornaments to turn to water, so he found new ways to play. This was the point he started reading more and more often. He became calmer and more docile as he read more. The kinds of books he read varied from fiction to scientific literature. The new worlds he discovered aroused the will to discover the one he was in. He became more attentive during his classes so he could get rid of them quickly to be free to do whatever he wanted, to go wherever he wanted.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]By the time he turned 13, he was done with his mandatory courses. He packed some of the things he'd need on his adventure after his planned silent escape: notebook, pencils, a pouch filled with water and some of the money left to him by his parents. Before long, he vanished, starting his adventure from that young age.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He got his fair share of adventures... His first course of action was to get on a train to go to Omashu. Just as he got off the wagon at the stations, a few guards greeted the passengers. Luca squeezed out of the station quickly. He found himself at the walled city on the mountain. The first day was by far the most challenging. It was the first time he had to take care of himself. He considered going back several times but such cowardice would hardly be poetic. He walked into a hotel and rented a room, spending half of his money to stay in a luxurious room where he felt at home. He blew off the rest of his money the next day, buying souvenirs. Finding himself with no money and a hungry stomach, the boy didn't eat for the entire day, for noblemen do not go begging; they steal. When the moon rose, Luca did what he did best: cause trouble. People had found their crops ripped from the soil and taken, their money grabbed from their homes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luca fled the scene of crime by morning, boarding the train to go to the next city. At one point throughout his adventures, he was even found out and detained for some time. He escaped and continued his journey from thereon, becoming more and more skilled at avoiding police officers and getting away with whatever he did. 3 years after his escape, he returned home, slightly matured. His sister had grown as well; she'd taken over the family business, had made it grow quite a bit. She could spare little time for her brother who had been gone for quite some time. Since the day he came back, Luca left Ba Sing Se for the first time, headed for the train station.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Equipment Luca always, always carries a sack of water across the back of his waist that opens from both sides. He claims it's because he's always thirsty but since it's strapped to him, it seems inconvenient to most people who see him. Another thing he never parts from is his pen and small sketchbook that fits into his wee pocket.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]From time to time, he takes a backpack with him when he goes out. Whenever he takes it, he carries his tools for drawing in it, as well as a small instrument known as the ocarina.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills He's quite acrobatic and flexible, being able to move around with ease, be it upwards or downwards, as long as he has something to step on. His ability to learn with great ease is the one thing that sets him apart from most people.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Since he was immersed into a culture where waterbending was celebrated and encouraged, he honed his abilities to a point where he could be considered impressive for his age.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Although his combative skills are far from perfect, he has been honing two other forms of art for quite some time. He's quite a capable artist. A great talent that he has is drawing, and the other is musical. Currently, he only carries the instrument that he loves the most with him, but he's familiar with stringed instruments as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
sketches_0014_by_sketching101-d8cgyzv.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: Gerontis
I just want to bump this in case anyone interested missed it :)

Gonna make 2 characters. I'll post a video to give you a basic concept of my characters.

Assassin Airbenders.

Reactions: Superpiggeh
The GM could clarify this, but I'm pretty sure there's space for that. Chi-Blocking was made exclusive to Non-Benders for that purpose.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Splendid. Thank you. ^_^ Do you think it'd be okay for me to post up a sheet?

No problem :)

That said, I don't see any harm putting up a sheet anyways. Not like this RP's being overloaded. The worst you can get would probably be some minor edits here and there.. So yeah, go for it!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, but, I feel it necessary to ask this. Would it be plausible for my character to be with the warriors of Kiyoshi? If not its cool. I honestly couldn't figure out the time frame of this rp or what the primary story is. Admittedly, I'm rather slow, though.

Sorry.

Sorry, but, I feel it necessary to ask this. Would it be plausible for my character to be with the warriors of Kiyoshi? If not its cool. I honestly couldn't figure out the time frame of this rp or what the primary story is. Admittedly, I'm rather slow, though.

Sorry.
Sure, go ahead :) Though if you're gonna do that, could you also fill the organization sheet for them?

EDIT: Think 40 years post-Korra era tech. I forgot to include that in the OP :( Sorry about that.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Hm, I'd really like to make a character, but I'm honestly not at all sure what the plot of the RP is. Could you clarify it? (and perhaps place the time period onto the OP so that new people can see?)

Hm, I'd really like to make a character, but I'm honestly not at all sure what the plot of the RP is. Could you clarify it? (and perhaps place the time period onto the OP so that new people can see?)
As supporting GM, I can say that the main plot will be revealed over the course of the IC. Right now, you should see it as a sort of free-roaming RP where our characters will try to deal with what we can call 'minor plot problems' that will be presented as soon as the RP starts. Hope that my answer helped you a bit.

Reactions: Sketching101
As supporting GM, I can say that the main plot will be revealed over the course of the IC. Right now, you should see it as a sort of free-roaming RP where our characters will try to deal with what we can call 'minor plot problems' that will be presented as soon as the RP starts. Hope that my answer helped you a bit.
Seems fine by me; I'm considering making a smaller orginzation of a bunch of good-for-nothing street rats. I'm a fan of the Last Airbender but not LoK, so I have a very, very weak grasp on the lore surrounding it...are there any large, sprawling cities that this organisation can be based in? (Perhaps the one where this plot may or may not be centred in?)

Is my character being two guys okay? There supposed to be like creepy twins who do most everything together, and use a huge harp to assassinate targets with their airbending.