Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening her eyes and letting out a small yawn, Yoshino got up to a sitting position and looked around while blinking repeatedly for a few seconds to allow her eyes to adjust to the light. Makki was already up and Tenten didn't sleep in Karan's rock tent. After another moment she got up and slightly nudged Karan with her feet "Get up big guy." She said before getting out of the tent and looking around.

Only a minute after getting up Yoshino went and approached the other two "Morning Tenten, Makki. Either of you have any ideas on how to find the path we need to take again?" She asked them with a rather casual tone, as if it wasn't such a serious topic. For her it wasn't, as she was confident that if they faced any troubles then they will most likely be capable of taking care of it. She couldn't stop herself from letting out another yawn before looking up at the sky.

Putting her hands behind her back, Yoshino tried to think about the possible ways of tracking the route to their destination once again. If they remembered the direction they needed to head, then perhaps they could use the sun to navigate themselves. Using the sun as a compass was rather basic. Looking down at the ground, she slightly wished that she could sense things through the earth, but she knew that was a skill that required many years to achieve, and only with the right kind of mentor.

Slightly shaking her head, Yoshino decided to turn around and see if Karan-giri already got up or not "Hey, Karan! Come here already! We should talk over something with all of us present!" She said before stomping the ground in the direction of the earth tent and moving her hands to the sides, moving the earth from which the tent was made of back into the ground and leaving the sun to hit Karan directly. She figured that might be the most effective way of ensuring he wakes up. She then turned back to look at Tenten and Makki "We shouldn't leave tracks anyway, and the tent would've been a huge sign that said 'Someone was here!', right?" She said and then smiled in Tenten's direction.

Pulled along by rope, which was tied loosely to her wrist, Tao covered the end of the group during their trip through the tunnels. It was just as Krane had said, the tunnels were pitch black but it was no problem for the Earthbender. With each step the brunette could feel the vibrations of their movement beneath her feet, the shifting of rocks and earth within the complex system. If she had a little time to stop she could probably get a good reading of the tunnels herself, but with the group pulling ahead she didn't want to stall any longer then she was already.

As they entered the Underground City her eyes wandered from the group to the area around them. It was unlike anything she had ever seen, and as Krane continued to explain the history of the Risings home, Tao only partially listened to his words. She didn't mean to ignore him, but the cities magnificence had absolutely blown her away. This was nothing like Gaoling, but then again this was Omashu. She had been to the city above with her father long ago but she could have never imagined something like this sat below the old kingdom.

With every new face that passed, Tao made an effort to smile and wave back. The greetings were heartwarming, immediately bringing any anxiety within her to a halt. The chi blocker was right, the underground city was home-y. Making their way to a small building, the group separated from Krane and followed Tanvi into a smaller room, where Tao quickly singled out a large red chair on the opposite wall. Slipping past Suzzio with a small 'scuse me', she plopped into the cushion and let out a long sigh.

"Jeez, I never thought we'd stop walking." She had been on the road for longer then a month, aimlessly traveling the coast and the edge of the desert. Her confidence had been crushed multiple time, forcing her morale to fall to an all time low. But since meeting Krane and Tanvi that all seemed to end. She was finally able to call a place home, relax, and forget about everything. Even if it was only for a little bit.

"May I suggest not falling asleep? You may miss him."​

Eyes closed and resting only for a moment, Tao headed Tanvi's warning about falling asleep as she sat up and shifted in her seat. She had slept less then a few hours so getting too comfortable didn't seem like the best idea. Besides, they'd probably find time later to rest--or at least she hoped they would.

As the chi blocker continued, Tao felt her heart skip a beat at the mention of food. "Food.." Her response was drowned out by the sound of her stomach growling, the idea of food had brought out a heavy rumble and as the sound echoed in the room Tao's face grew a bright red. Breaking the awkwardness with a sheepish grin, she rubbed the back of her head and snorted lightly, "Hehe.. sorry." Scooting closer to the platter she could feel her mouth watering at the sight, "Man, I haven't had a good meal in ages."

Just as she was about to dig in Zarina's sudden words forced Tao to stare wide eyed in horror at the girl. "What.. did you just say?" How does one not know what a potato is!? The single vegetable had been always been included in some of her families main dishes for ages, from fried, to mashed--hell, potato's were considered a blessing by some of the lower privileged citizens in Gaoling!

Feelings of disrespect soon turned to pity as she stared at the Fire Nation noble, head slowly shaking in disbelief, "You poor, poor girl." There was no sarcasm behind her words, only true sympathy as she placed her chopsticks down in shock. It was unlike the Earthbender to not hop on the opportunity to eat, but instead of diving into the platter she instead and stopped and waited for Zarina to try the food, "Potato's and onions are actually really good! You can cook them in all sorts of ways, and they can be added for flavor--especially onions. My mother always made this really good soup with potato's, onions, and Turtle duck--oooh, it was good. Then there were times were we would mash them until they were soft, and that was always so good!"

Almost drooling on herself, Tao hummed happily at the thought of homemade food before refocusing on Zarina, "You should try it though! Don't wanna' meet Uquo on an empty stomach, ya' know?"

Zarina raised an eyebrow and almost glared at Tao. She rolled her eyes and settled down. "It looks like hard bread." she said then poked at it. Regardless, she picked up the brown thing and bit into it, not minding the heat of it.

She chewed slowly then tried to swallow. The she tried again. Then once more. In the end, she couldn't swallow it, as she was unused to the soft but dense feeling of the potato. Still, to be polite, she forced it down then laid the rest on the plate in front of her.

"It is...too heavy." she frowned as she tried to explain what she meant. "I...um...guess it isn't what I am used to." she frowned at the brown ball and sighed before she looked at Tao. "I grew up on seaweed stew and tentacle soup. My mom never cooked, but my grandma made the best tentacle soup. She knew I loved my Water Tribe roots...so she made an effort to learn about the food they made. I swear, her soup was better than that Southern Water Tribe restaurant that cost too much money. She used northern deep squid with the southern sea rock octopus, and seasoned it like...really spicy. The broth and noodles would be so red!" her eyes lit up in excitement. "Then she'd add crab or clams or komodo chicken. Whatever was on sale and fresh. Then the noodles would be made of seaweed or ocean kumquat if I was good. When I moved to the Colonies, my mom's friend made it all the time. It wasn't as spicy as grandma's but, he always let me add more chili to mine." she licked her lips. "Mm...and dumplings. Ooh....dumplings are the best. It was the only time I really ate bread...well outside of sweets." she said with a small smile. "I should make you my Grandmama's Tentacle Soup! She taught me before Mother called me back home."

Damn right, you will use my tent. I made this for you! He chuckled to himself, seeing Yoshino go into the tent. It didn't seem like she was ready to open up or eat. Karan grew concerned but now wasn't the time to play private investigator. Now was time for foods, and he was HUUUUNNNNNGRAY. Or, it was time for Makki to tell a story. His tummy growled, but he listened anyway. "Always wanted to ride on the mail system. Looks like a barrel of fun." He commented during one of her pauses, in the story. Makki did what she had to do to survive. Granted, Karan doesn't like thieves or people who steal, but if they have a legitimate reason, his moral compass wouldn't bust at the thought....

Karan was not ready to get up. At all. Mornings just....didn't ever happen well for him. The foot nudging was met with a groan and a tired attempt at a playful foot grab. The young man rolled onto his back, still well resting. It was still a good night of sleep, getting up was the issue. Of course, when the sun smacked his face with the sudden disappearance of his fabulous structure. He groaned and turned from the light. "Nooooooooo let me sleepppp you monsters!" He sarcastically bellowed, and slapped at the ground. Finally getting up, the burly earthbender stood and stretched. A grizzly bear of a yawn sounded off before the last member joined the little meeting. "Morning everyone." He nudged into Yoshino, for the wake up.

"How may I help you?"

Tenten was the first up, and Makki could almost feel the look of concern on Tenten's face. It seemed she was always worried, but Makki was always just as quick to brush off Tenten's concerns. Makki was fine, she was always fine. "Morning Tenten, did you sleep okay?" Makki said for the sake of polite conversation, but she didn't get her answer as Yoshino was the next awake. Makki smiled as Yoshino asked the same question she had this morning. She'd leave Tenten or Karan to that question, since they were supposedly the experts here on the Rising. Makki stood and stretched out for the rest of the walk back to Omashu. Makki was excited to get back to civilization and food that wasn't made from bugs and who knows what else.

"Well, Karan," Makki said as the earthbender was woken and asking how he could help them, "I think we're lost, but you know how to get to Omashu from here right? I mean, we can't be lost right? Because the swamp madness is already starting to set in. I can feel the bugs we ate last night start to talk to me..." It wouldn't be fun without starting to drive at least one person crazy from worry about something that didn't exist, and Makki was being too serious lately anyway. This group needed fun in order to keep going, because the walk would be long and boring anyway, adding in 'swamp madness' would get her a good laugh and maybe get the group moving a bit faster than before.

Makki moved back to where the tent had been before and grabbed her bag, full of things taken from the other bags, and moved back to the rest of the group, eager to start going back to Omashu and away from the slimy swamp that Tenten called her home. No offense to Tenten, but the place could use some serious cleaning and maybe a badger mole to go through it to make it reasonably livable.

There was only one thing Suzzio for sure could say about these tunnels, there was no way he would ever remember how he would get out of them. They seemed to go on forever, it was pitch black and the added detail that Suzzio lacked all sense of direction also made it a tiny bit worse. However ether of pure luck or Krane's skills the group seemed be on the right way, Suzzio felt that way mainly to avoid the fear of getting lost in this place and thankfully after only 4 hours of walking he and the rest reached some kind of door. His eyes gazed at the door he could not help to think how out of place it was, but this seemed to be the end of the tunnels and the entrance to their destination.

It took a few moments before the doors was opened and Suzzio entered the city along with everyone else. Being lost in his own world as he tried to take it all in. He tried to understand how this place could be so well light so deep down, but mostly at how beautiful it all was. Hearing Krane saying something Suzzio tried to focus, but he just couldn't his mind was elsewhere.

However as they entered the diner Suzzio made a sound or rather his stomach did. You see as his nose filled with the scent of food his stomach twisted, turned and let out a sound that would scare wildlife several miles away. Thankfully it seemed there would be food and as the group made their way behind a piece of cloth and sat down the food swiftly arrived. "Fair warning guys and girls, Im hungry and I do not promise that there will be food left for any of you" and as soon as the food was served Suzzio started to dig in, the food was great and he hardly stopped unless it was to drink some water.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]He Who Is Uquo[/BCOLOR]

Soft, steaming insides of dry potato covered in a crispy fried layer that merged with the grit and pungent flavor of onions almost levitated on a large plate in front of the group. The entire dish centered around the somewhat greasy white of an Ostrich Horse egg that was used to fry the potatoes and onions together, all brought home with a dense amount of earthy seasoning and flour to add more flavor and crisp to the dish. Krane loved the dish, although he hated how it made him feel afterward. Sluggish, fat, maybe a little bloated. He had no idea it would cause such controversy within the group, although the conflict it brought wasn't as detrimental as it was entertaining. The group of five dined on the hearty, albeit unhealthy, meal with the exception of Zarina. The food cultivated within the Underground City had to thrive in the weak light, or utter lack thereof, or at the very least be relatively local to the area. A firebender, accustomed to the coastal diet she had, was almost hopelessly lost for a fitting meal. Although Krane did eventually attempt to appease her with a type of cookie crisp, it wouldn't be ready by the time the course of their meal - and their plans - had changed.

It may have been thirty minutes. It may have been an hour. Hell, it might have been two. It was hard to tell just how long it was, but it wasn't nearly as long as one might expect. Or, at least, one whom knew the man in question might expect. While the group was eating and being generally merry, teasing the picky Zarina and her relatively sensitive pallette, none other than Uquolaan entered the small room. Ducking beneath the tarp used as a doorway, Uquo first appeared through the archway with his braided bangs hanging down before standing upright, allowing them to fall back into the elegant braid of a Watertribe Chief. Although Uquo was far from intimidating, he almost demanded attention. His bright blue garb was line with the traditional furs and decor of his homeland. His ears bore the wolftooth piercings of his forefathers, his coarse hair flowed into a braid so complex it seemed it would never be undone. Almost anywhere else in the world, and even in the places one might expect it, a garb this complex and authentic would draw the attention of all around. Uquo made a statement without ever saying a word. Uquo was a waterbender, Uquo embraced the Northern Water Tribe and even more importantly the Underground City was not like the rest of the world - here, one could embrace what was suppressed elsewhere.

"I am Uquolaan of the Northern Water Tribe. It is a pleasure to meet all of you," he introduced himself. With all the majesty one might expect, he bowed before them and smiled gently. It was polite to introduce oneself before engaging others, especially when first meeting them, and Uquolaan did not miss out on these opportunities. "Krane, if I had met a beautiful airbender, she might have been your mother, my son - come here," Uquo said before walking over to Krane. The two embraced hands, then patted each others' backs before Uquolaan addressed the rest of the group. "Miss Tanvi, it is nice to finally meet you. Anyone who can handle Krane as long as you have is definitely an asset to us," he told her before turning to the other three, "but, you all are new." Uquolaan smiled and first spoke to Tao, "I know of who you are, and I know of your late master. We believed no student of his had ever survived; him, or the Phoenix Kingdom. If you are willing to join the Rising, we will take you. I trust a master such as him would never choose an unworthy student." Uquolaan smiled at her and nodded. He had known her story. He had known her master. She had been an unofficial member of the Rising for some time, and his words were all it took to change that.

After a short pause, Uquolaan turned his gaze onto Zarina and Suzio. The gaze of Uquo grew stern for a moment. Suzzio he knew nothing about, but Zarina was fickle to him. The daughter of a famous Fire Nation commodore, previously loyal to the Fire Nation to a fault. She could be of great use. Or, she could be a terrible tribulation. "Zarina Lian, daughter of Sarina Lian. You had a life planned out for you, to follow in the footsteps of the exact people we wish to remove from power. You would have followed the orders of the greatest tyrant of a generation under the banner of a puppet nation," Uquo spoke, almost preached, to Zarina and the entire group. "In another life, you may have been a terrible foe for the Rising. But... but, I believe you can be a powerful ally. You have seen the corruption of power and fame and pride and the indignant desire to rise through the petty ranks of a military and establishment that gained its position through the slaughter of the innocent and suppression of the common folk. Your mother, for better or worse, was an incredible naval leader. She served under the Admirals that defeated the Northern Water Tribe and suffocated Ba Sing Se decades ago, and only made the name you carry more famous in the years that followed. Even if a foe of mine, she was a woman of honor and she was struck down in the most dishonorable way. A way with no court marshal or justice. A way that we wish to reject. I cannot promise you revenge. I won't promise you anything liek it.More importantly, I know you are not your mother and I know you have not the experience or or skills she had, but you can serve as an idol. If you join us, when the time comes, your name - among many others - will carry the pride of a Fire Nation that rejects the ways of present puppet controlled by Ozai. It will take time and you will eventually see, Zarina, that you can bring honor back to the Lian name where it was stolen. When we bring freedom back to the world, you can take back that honor..."

Uquolaan paused for a moment. He had grown very passionate in his speech. Although calm at first, even somewhat daunting, he spoke as if he too felt an urgent need to rekindle a pride. To bring respect and honor to a name. To tell the world that the way things were was not okay. Within his voice, within his speech, one could feel the hatred he had for the world and his intense hope to make it better. "...that stands for all of you. Krane, Tanvi, Tao and even the youth I don't know. You can take back the honor stolen from you, your masters, your loved ones. Through the Rising, you will acquire that opportunity. You will get chance to reach out and seize what it is you want, and take it back from the world that stole it from you." Uquolaan inhaled, then exhaled deeply. He allowed the group a chance to respond. He allowed the group time to fathom what he just said. It was true, he had no idea whom Suzzio was, or his story, but to the rest of the group, he absolutely knew that what he just said had to resound deeply within him. He did not found the Rising for nothing.​

Long Awaited Meeting

There was an entire controversy about how Zarina didn't eat potatoes. "You can't be too picky. Not too many luxuries." As that went on, Tanvi merely shrugged and watched Suzzio and Fei inhale most of the food. "...If you're going to try some, or eat any more you may want to hurry before Suzi here eats it all." In the hour or so, there was lighthearted banter and teasing as they waited for Uquo's appearance. Although it didn't show in her expression, Tanvi had been a tad excited to finally see him. She had only been in the Rising for a few weeks, two months at the latest, and she had only seen glimpses of him or passed by as he was talking to others. While she waited, she tossed a small pillow in the air and hummed. As if fell for the nth time she was the first to notice the new person- Uquo himself, walk into the room.

She sat up, catching the pillow. He introduced himself and Tanvi sat in the chair with her legs crossed. She noticed how warm of a greeting he gave Krane, and then she smiled as he addressed her. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well." The playful jab to Krane made her raise an eyebrow. As true as it was, she didn't realize he had noticed. She assumed the leader was too busy with his own work to deal with the others and their missions. Well, she learned something new. His attention turned to the new recruits, so she stayed attentive and listened. The only moment Tanvi had been distracted had been when Fei crawled up and draped on her shoulders to watch Uquo as well.

Being put in the spotlight all of a sudden must have been a small scare, especially since Zarina was new, however Uquo's speech didn't leave an air of intimidation. The leader's speech had an air of passion and hope to it. The wisdom he possessed was easy to spot, and despite it all, he seemed...really nice. It was a pleasant surprise. Tanvi had imagined that with having to lead a band of organized rebels, he'd be a little more uptight and demanding. This however was quite the opposite. It also made her wonder what would happen if he was angered... She refocused as he ended his speech. You will get chance to reach out and seize what it is you want, and take it back from the world that stole it from you. The words echoed in her mind. Again, she wondered what exactly that could be. Everyone else seemed to have such tragic stories to tell in order to give them such burning desires to be in the Rising. She'd figure it out. Maybe not at that moment, but sometime. At the moment, she only hoped Zarina would make a good first impression.

The Choice of the Conflicted
"Oh come on, that's not fair." Zarina pouted at Tanvi. "Being unable to eat something is not the sane as refusing to eat it just because it is different." She seemed to be quite adamant of the distinction. She participated in the banter a bit shyly. She was still reserved over the choice to join known Rebels and to meet the Leader himself.

Her heart clenched in the waning minutes before the leader's arrival. She remembered that her mother had spent days and weeks fighting and utterly decimating any rebel footholds that managed to pop up in the Colonies she oversaw.

-------
"Rebels want to fight a war of attrition. You cannot allow them the hope that they stand a chance where you stand. Not only does it strengthen them, but it is the cruelest torture. It is best to destroy them at the heart and destroy their hope, rather than allow their existence to linger." Outfitted in the elegant robes of office, of black with red and gold trim, Commodore Sarina Lian stood next to her heir. The two women stood upon a snow buried hill as they watched a small encampment of rebel earthbenders fight the overwhelming force of Fire Nation military.

"How is this any more merciful, Mother?" Zarina asked as she watched an earthbender get impaled from the side by a sword wielding fire soldier. "How is this promoting peace, rather
than inciting the civilians?"

Sarina looked to her daughter and clamped a comforting hand on her shoulder. "To the enemy, it is a cruelty. To crush them where they stand, no remorse, no mercy. In fact, I respect them a great deal. I understand why they fight, as must you, Zarina. They fight because they have nothing left. Everything was taken from them, and their self-appointed King refuses to hear their plight. I, as should you, sympathize with them. But this is not the place for them to take out their anger or to fight their enemy. These Colonies...they too are subject to the King. No, these rebels..." Sarina pointed at the smoking encampment. "These rebels are nothing more than people with jealous, selfish hearts. They wish to upset the delicate peace that I have striven to construct for the people under my protection. It is out of respect for The Rising that I put down rebellions. They are noble. In the handful of times I've had to rout pockets of them, they've never attacked civilians. And I can respect that. As should you." A pregnant silence passed between them, as battle ranged on below their vantage point.

Zarina looked away after a few moments, "We are soldiers, Mother. Why should we feel anything other than contempt for scum! I want you to be proud and watch as I further your name after you retire! But how can I when...Damn it!" she growled with clenched fists. Her anger had begun to well up from her chest as she digested everything her mother had told her. "You...RESPECT the very people our glorious leaders--"

"I did not allow my daughter to be raised in the Capitol so she could be a propaganda poster." Zarina scolded her daughter. Her voice had not raised, but took on an edge of disappointment and frustration. "That is what your step-father believes. Are you him? Just one of the mindless herd?" That hit Zarina like a punch to the stomach. "Patriotism is good. For me. I AM a soldier. YOU are not. I AM paid by the Fire Nation. You are not. We are both unconditionally loyal to the Fire Nation but you will not be accepted by most. Not on my merits alone." Sarina pulled her daughter so they could stare eye to eye. "You must forge your own path. No matter where it takes you. As long as you make your own name one to be feared and respected by your enemies...I will always be proud of you. Always."
-----------

Zariba was pulled from ytthe memory by the sound of Suzzio scarfing down food. She quickly swiped away the few stray tears at the memory. It was the last conversation she wanted to remember. The smell of burning flesh assaulted her nose while the screams invaded her ears. The battle had been short and brutal, but that was all the time her traitor of a step-father needed
to...No. Not here. Not now...Zarina shook her head. Those were thoughts for when she was alone.

When the leader of The Rising appeared, she was taken aback by how...normal...he looked. The reports her mother briefed her on suspected the man to be an earthbender at least. A big burly guy with muscles and a voice that could cause a shockwave with how loud it was. This man...was nothing like that. The interaction between him and Krane told her that he was...a lot like her mother. Despite how busy she'd been...her idol always made time to really talk to her lieutenants. She'd ask about families and birthdays, anniversaries and often kids. It seemed they both cared a lot for their subordinates despite ordering them to their possible deaths on every mission.

She'd watched him carefully as he spoke to Tanvi then Tao. Then he'd turned towards Suzzio...then his piercing gaze had fixed on her. When he'd spoken her name, her heart dropped and her jaw clenched. Her body tensed in expectation of an attack. Sure, she didn't think the leader, Uquolaan, would attack. But it was a habit. She listened to him silently then looked away when he moved on to Suzzio. She stared at nothing, just thinking in an almost meditative state.

"You're wrong..." She said to the man once he was finished with Suzzio. "It wasn't my family name that was tainted. My mother's legacy is no longer tied to the Lian name. There is no inherent honor to be found there. The traitors mangled it into an unrecognizable perversion." She looked at the man with a fiery rage. "Tradition states that once a familial name has been tainted, the parental name is adapted. I am sure my grandfather restored my mother's name. And it is a tradition I will continue."

She took a deep breath. is not revenge I seek. It is a name. A name suitable enough so that I may honor my mother. Just as she did at the Siege of Ba Sing Se and the Battle of the Northern Water Tribe, I will forge my own name under the banner of another, and strengthen it with the trials of battle. It is only once I have that name...a name spoken on the lips of fearful soldiers and respected by ally and enemy alike...that I will purify the Lian name." She said as that rage shifted towards passion.

"In another life...I have no doubt that I would have chased you down and killed your subordinates until I found you." She said to him. "But as it stands...I will pledge my loyalty to you. You had the respect of my mother, and you have just earned mine. All I ask, is that you do as my mother once did...and bestow a name upon me that I may bring honor." She asked the man humbly.

She was sure Krane knew exactly what was going on. It was the tradition she once mentioned. Amongst her family, and other lesser nobles, was the concept of "bestowal". Her family was famous in the Fire Nation for each generation having a different last name as an incentive to create their own path in life. Upon marriage, either the bestowal name or marriage name would be taken and the remaining name would be kept private. That act of bestowing a name was incredibly important to her line, as it signified loyalty and a deep, familial connection between the recipient of the name and the giver of the name. Especially since the recipient's entire identity rested in the hands of the bestower. She never had the chance for her mother to bestow a name upon her, as the woman had been killed before the allotted time. She only hoped that she didn't make a fool of herself.

"Slept like a log," Tenten answered Makki with a low chuckle. None had to worry about her getting sleep deprived, unless memories relating to her family spurred. Every so often, she'd stir in her sleep and mumble about Syd. It's to be expected. A mother without her baby had a tendency to feel lost at times.

Though, not the kind of lost she and her group were experiencing.

The other two didn't take too long to join them. Well, Yoshino didn't take long, at least. Her head was still down, to better see the objects in her bag. "Figured nature would guide us, at least until we come across a path, or a sign maybe." That could come off as crazy to somebody who didn't spend a lot of time outside. They weren't exactly going to ask the trees for directions, but there were plenty of other clues that could be of some use.

Yoshino had a point; they should discuss this as a group. Arching a brow, she tilted forward some so she could get a better look at the tent where Karan-Giri slumbered. He was exposed to the morning daylight once he was robbed of the sturdy shelter. The whole scene made her snicker, a set of curled fingers hiding the grin that split across her face. There was humor in what Makki said, too. Tenten was a talented cook, but adding bugs to her recipes didn't take from the fact that...well, there were bugs in there. One day, she'd have to cook them a more proper meal with more ingredients to choose from.

Her lungs were filled with air, then expressed through a relieving sigh as she secured the flap of her travel pack. Feeling Yoshino's eyes on her, she looked to the friendly woman with a smile of her own. "Yeah, smart thinkin'." Leaving tracks behind definitely wasn't a good idea. That would be a shame, to lead anyone untrustworthy to their headquarters. They should take apart the fire pit, too, now that she thought about it.

They were all awake and ready to to plan for the day. Lee made a croak to greet the rest of the party, still hiding against Tenten's neck in the comforting shade provided by her hair. 'Sometimes I wish I was friends with something that had wings,' she thought grouchily to herself. A winged creature to scout for them would be really helpful right now.

Karan-Giri was responded to with a pat to the ground, inviting him to sit amongst them. They were surrounding a campfire that was no longer roaring with flame, yet it still pulled them together like this. "We're brainstorming, Karan." Makki already asked what needed to be asked, so she left it at that. They would need to agree on what direction to go if nobody had a confident suggestion to make. "Perhaps we could start by looking for water?" Tenten wondered aloud. They needed to replenish their supply, for both drinking and bending purposes.

[BCOLOR=#ccffcc]The Fated Meeting[/BCOLOR]​

As kind, and thoughtful as the action was, it was almost heartbreaking watching Zarina force herself to swallow the potato. Tao had never met anyone that didn't enjoy the vegetable, but the girl was too polite to spit it out. "It is...too heavy." Zarina said while frowning, "I...um...guess it isn't what I am used to." A small pout came over the brunettes face, as she shook her head, "Everyone's taste is different, I suppose. I'm sure we'll be able to find something better you'll like!"

As they continued, Tao found herself fantasizing of all the dishes the other girl spoke of. "I should make you my Grandmama's Tentacle Soup! She taught me before Mother called me back home." Hearts were almost visible in her eyes as she stared at Zarina. She had never tasted the kind of food the Fire Nation native spoke of, but Tentacle Soup sure as hell sounded good! "Oh! I'd love that--And I've had dumplings before! My mother would buy them from this shop in town, and they were sooo good!"

After speaking with Zarina a bit more over food, Tao finally dug in to the platter with the rest of the group. Unfortunately, before long Suzzio's earlier statement had become somewhat of a challenge to Tao. She ate just as fast as the firebender, stuffing her face and eating as much--maybe more--then him. "I do not promise that there will be food left for any of you." Not if she could help it!

In the process of stuffing another large portion of potato into her already full mouth, Tao's gaze shifted from the plate to the sudden figure entering the room. Tall, and regal, the man was of obvious Water Tribe origins, but he held an aura around him that almost demanded respect. She was reminded greatly of Master Kǒng and the grace he carried around with him as she looked upon the man. Eyes widening in realization, a sudden thought passed through her head. Could it be him?

"I am Uquolaan of the Northern Water Tribe. It is a pleasure to meet all of you,"​

"GHh!" Choking, Tao slapped a hand over her mouth before she could cough and ruin Uquo's graceful arrival. Hiding behind Zarina's figure, Tao tried to concentrate on breathing quietly as the older man greeted Krane. The sudden shift of focus had lead a piece of potato to slide down the wrong pipe, and as she became desperate to breath Tao couldn't keep her silence any longer. With a strong fist, she slammed her upper chest and coughed out the stray piece of food. Red faced from lack of oxygen, and embarrassment, she could only pray that no one saw her predicament as she gasped for air and tried to avoid looking like a fool in front of the Rebellions leader.

As Uquolaan spoke to Tanvi his attention eventually fell onto Tao. Back stiffening, her posture became tense, almost as if she were saluting to the older man as he smiled down on her. Having a hard time telling if she needed to be this formal, his words eventually settled her worries and a blissful smile slipped across her face. "I know of who you are, and I know of your late master. We believed no student of his had ever survived; him, or the Phoenix Kingdom. If you are willing to join the Rising, we will take you. I trust a master such as him would never choose an unworthy student."

Not only was he aware of her, Uquo also knew of Master Kǒng! Listening to him speak highly of her, and her master, Tao couldn't help but grin as he offered her a spot amongst the rebellion. After facing her struggles in Gaoling, wandering the coast near starvating, and eventually joining a faux-Rising, she had finally found her place. "Yes! I--I mean," Clearing her throat and trying to speak in a more formal tone, Tao's eagerness was unfortunately given away by her toothy grin, "It would be an honor, sir!"

She had come a long way, and faced many struggles coming here, but now as she stood before Uquolaan she couldn't help but feel relieved. Past her now calm smile her thoughts laid with her family and friends. Captured, and wrongly imprisoned, her parents were locked away while her friends and Master were buried six feet under. The time of action was now, and now that Tao was finally apart of the Rising, she was finally going to be able to do something about it. She would finally be able to make an impact.​

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]A New Name,[/BCOLOR] a New Dawn
Uquolaan became immediately aware of the tradition that Zarina was referring to. Although it wasn't common, there were a series of Fire Nation families that forfeit their name every generation to bring honor to a new one. Uquolaan had seen several variations of this tradition; some families only allowed their oldest a new name, others took the name of the most honored sibling while others still compressed the ashes of their ancestors into a stone block and engraved only the most honorable names onto it so that generations to come would know the surnames of the great Fire Nation warriors they were sired from. It was a tradition seen only in the Fire Nation, believed to originate from the monks of the mountains and volcanoes. It was a tradition that Uquolaan understood the importance of.

Krane was accustomed to this type of drama, Tanvi and Suzzio seemed dumbfounded and Tao had taken the moment to accept her place in the Rising. Even if the words he spoke could apply to all of them, Uquolaan still needed to reply to Zarina and do so perfectly. In his heart of hearts, Uquolaan did not want to give this girl a name to bare. It was unfair. Uquolaan of the Northern Water Tribe gifting a Fire Nation girl from a military family a name. It didn't seem right to hi,. It didn't seem right that she didn't want to bring justice to her name. Even if the tradition was to bring honor to a new name, it just didn't seem right to Uquo that Zarina didn't want to cleanse her old one. There was a pause. A pause that created a tension so thick it could be cut with the dull wolf teeth that Uquo had on for decoration.

"I will bestow a name upon you, Zarina. You will bring honor to it, I am sure. But... I want you to do one more thing. I want the name I give you to be the name you use to rekindle the honor of the Lian and those before them. Even if your mother is no longer attached to the name, I want you to do all you can to absolve it of its dishonor," Uquolaan said in eventual reply to Zarina. He still wasn't entirely comfortable with what he was about to do, but he knew that rejecting it would not only be a great insult, but a great opportunity lost for the Rising. It was the place of a leader to make compromise. It was the place of a leader to know when his pride was worth being set aside for the greater good and the betterment of his cause. This was that time.

"The name I give you is Isitoq. From hence for, you shall be Zarina Isitoq of the Rising," Uquolaan said, now more firm in his voice. He outstretched his arms, pulling water from the gourds on his belt. Uquolaan waved his arms in small semi-circles, his entire body moving with the flow of them. The water began to form thin, circular patterns that intertwined around Zarina and Uquolaan. These veins of water began to glow, filling the room and showering the two with the life essence that filled and permeated the water he used. "In my homeland," Uquolaan explained, "we believe spirits govern many aspects of our lives... among those that keep the tradition alive, Issitoq is the spirit that governs justice."

The water between them began to form a small floating orb with a dark blue center, floating freely from the veins of water. "Issitoq is the eye that sees all. He sees all that is wrong, all those who have wronged and he through his subtle nuances brings them to justice. Those that bore the name Isitoq were of great wisedom. They resolved conflicts in our villages, like the judges of your courts. The Isitoq were not just the judge and jury, Zarina... the fate of an Isitoq was also to be an executioner if the situation called for it. It is for this reason that I give you this heavy name to bare. One I have not heard in my generation, nor the one before it," Uquolaan further explained, his voice somewhat growing more aggressive as he spoke.

As the veins circled around them, Uquolaan slowed down his bending, but the veins still flowed with life. He reached out and gently took the arm of Zarina, lifting her sleeve and placing his hand over her forearm. Between his coarse hand and her skin, a burning sensation lit up on her arm as the water began to glow brightly once more. The veins swirled around his hand and her arm, pulsing as if alive. The eye that once floated began to shrink and the burning became more intense. All the while, Uquolaan maintained direct eye contact with Zarina. What he was truly doing was bending around them as if they were both spirits, and through that bending fine pieces of ink from one of the parchments on his belt. So fine they would be unnoticeable. Uquolaan was creating a show for the group, as none of this was truly necessary.

As the burning died down, Uquolaan lifted his hand to reveal an area of red skin and a tattoo of a runic eye, resembling the language used by the traditionalists of the Northern Water Tribe. Uquolaan had just used his waterbending to not only provide a light show, but to penetrate her skin just enough to create a tattoo out of ultrafine pieces of black ink. "If you are to bare the name of Isitoq, you are to bare his symbol. You will bring honor to this name; I would not have given you such a legend if not for believing you can. Moreover, Zarina... I want you to bring justice to those whom have done wrong." There Uquolaan stood, in the middle of floating, glowing water and still holding her arm. There Uquolaan told Zarina her new name, and brought the dawn of justice to the dusk of the immoral.​

There was a weighted silence after Zarina spoke her mind. Tanvi knew little about the traditions that were spoken of, and so she kept quiet. The little she did know about the traditions were all from long, drawn out conversations with Ty Lee when they were together after a performance or when she was being pulled along with her to see her other friends- which wasn't too often. Then again, she didn't dare speak unless she was spoken to. It would have been rude to just speak out of turn anyway. In this moment, she watched intently as Uquo spoke and how he moved. It was one thing to simply listen to what he had to say, and it was another to actually learn. In such an occasion, she learned a new tradition of the Fire Nation upper class. It was possible that the information could come in hand in the future. A part of being a nomadic traveler to Tanvi was always learning something from the place she was in. With nations hiding away and cultures dwindling from the tyranny of the Phoenix King, the Rising was the next best place to learn about it. Maybe that was her reason of being in the Rising. Maybe preserving cultures was the reason why she wanted to be in the Rising. It was definitely food for thought that she would think about later.

Tanvi's eyes wandered to Uquo's movements next. On the team they had, every element was present save for the water element. Tanvi had observed the styles of how each of them used their skills. It was how she learned how to defend herself. From the sturdy and strong natured movements of the earthbender to the power and offensive movements of the firebender. Having a firebender perform like an airbender was definitely something she had to get used to, just as she had to learn Krane's firebending style despite his airbending abilities. It was odd, but it helped her learn. She refused to be considered the weakest of the group just because she lacked the elemental abilities everyone else had. Uquo's movements were fluid as she expected all waterbenders to be. The moves he did weren't offensive or defensive, so she couldn't quite incorporate that into her own style, however she did notice the show he was putting on. Tanvi leaned forward with expert balance as he spoke and did something to Zarina's arm. She wasn't sure what to make of it until the eye was spoken of. "Ah, I see." Tanvi's voice was soft and she spoke more to herself than to anyone else.

It looked as if the procedure may have hurt a bit, but Tanvi spoke nothing of it. Instead, in the heavy silence after she was sure everything had been said and done, Tanvi mused out loud. "Zarina Isitoq. It does have a nice ring to it." The chi blocker sat back into the chair she was occupying and put her hands in her lap. Fei was still resting on her shoulders, quiet due to the tension. Now that Uquo had finished, Tanvi wondered what his next move would be. Did he have other tasks to accomplish? Or did he have more words of wisdom to give? It wouldn't be known until he spoke again, however now Tanvi was interested in what Zarina thought of the new name. She had a new name to honor and uphold, along with one she had to fix. If Uquo believed in her, then Tanvi would definitely give her the benefit of the doubt.

Suzzio ate and ate until he simply could not stuff himself anymore and as he took the last piece he felt like there was a huge boulder down in his stomach, every breath he took it felt like the boulder moved slightly "I don't think I should move… for a while" he was sure this was what snakes felt like after they ate a antelope. One thing was for sure he would never have eaten this much if it had not been for the long trip to this place and he was also fairly certain that he would not have to eat for the next couple of weeks.

However the dinner was soon interrupted by a new arrival. As Suzzio laid eyes upon the new arrival he couldn't help feeling like this was someone important. He could not pinpoint why, but the man gave of some vibe. It was almost like the feeling Suzzio had had every time one of his teachers or one of the elders spoke to him. Using a napkin Suzzio cleaned of the scraps of food still around his mouth and then started to listen to the man speak.

If there was anything certainty in this world it was that Uquolaanknew how to hold speeches. He seemed to know a lot about whom these people were and where they came from, but it seemed like he knew nothing about Suzzio. That wasn't really a big surprise as hardly anyone knew about him and Suzzio wasn't really the most interesting person in the room, if anything he was pretty close to the bottom of the interest ladder.

But the man had also spoken about everyone's reason to fight against the phoenix kingdom, but Suzzio found himself lacking a real reason. Nether had it killed his family dishonored him or even slightly made his life inconvenient. The best reason he could think of for being here was that he was tired of how harshly some people from the kingdom was treated, how others had been wrongfully put to prison just for speaking their mind.

However the biggest reason he was here was the man that had gotten them food, Krane. If anything Suzzio found Krane interesting as he was Suzzio's counterpart. How he used his powers fascinated Suzzio, but also terrified him. It was thanks to this man Suzzio had learned the full wrath air benders held dormant inside them, how lethal just a gust of wind really could be. This was what had sparked the interest to join the rising; the other parts had just helped him convince himself.

Sadly when Suzzio had recovered from his thoughts he had missed the naming ceremony and all that was left to prove it happened was the runic marking on Zarina.

After seeing Karan get up and walk over to them, nudging into her, Yoshino smiled before sitting down with the other two and watched as Tenten patted the spot next and marked for him to sit down as well. She then looked at Tenten and then at Makki before putting her right hand behind her head and thought for a bit, when the leader of the group suggested they would search for water.

"Looking for water is a good idea, but trying to find the main road is also important. We should try and ensure that we won't look for water for too long. I suggest we look until noon, and then if we hadn't found a water source until then, we will go back to looking for the road. Much like Makki, I wouldn't like staying around here for too much longer." She said and then placed both her hands on her legs.

Noticing Tenten glance at something behind her, She then turned her head a bit and looked at the now burnt out fire pit. Standing up, she took a deep breathe before moving her hands to the sides while firming her stance, making the earth beneath the fire pit crack open into two, and some of the ashes and a burnt piece of log fell into the hole before she moved her hands across and the ground closed itself shut. There were still black marks on the ground from where the fire pit was previously at, and Yoshino rubbed the back of her head.

"Guess we'll need to clean the marking in a different way then." Yoshino said before looking at Tenten "Sorry, I saw you glance in the direction and figured I could take care of it quickly. Guess it didn't entirely work." She said with an apologetic smile.

Standing back from Zarina and Uquo, Tao listened to them speak of tradition and honor. Such customs were never pressured on her, or her brother Shang, and honor was only something she considered during training or fighting. They were a proud family, with a long history that went back centuries, but old traditions had been scrapped long ago. They were from different worlds, she eventually told herself. Pulled from her thoughts by a bright light, her eyes widened as she watched Uquo maneuver the water around him, and Zarina.

Amazed by the show of technique, it almost felt magical to the Earth Bender. Sitqa, and Mato had been great Water Benders, but Uquo was on a whole new level. His fluid, and calm movements were the exact opposite of her own aggressive, and strong style. To meet such a person was a blessing in Tao's eyes, and it meant more to her knowing that he had acknowledged her before they had even met. Uquolaan was truly a miraculous person, and he was proving that with every second. As Uquo spoke her name and thee tattoo was left imprinted on Zarina, a tense silence had fallen over the group until Tanvi finally spoke up. "Zarina Isitoq. It does have a nice ring to it."

Nodding in agreement, Tao flashed Zarina a toothy grin. "Yeah! Sounds badass, if you ask me." She said, raising a thumbs up of approval.

She may have been given a name, and welcomed into the resistance but it wasn't hard to tell that Zarina was struggling with conflicted thoughts. Zarina came from a different background, and shared different ideas, so the brunette could never be able to relate to her on a personal level, but she did understand how hard it was to adapt to a whole new lifestyle. But as a teammate-- no, as a friend, Tao would comfort her as best she could. Just as she'd do for the rest of her team. They were all in this together, after all.

"I will bestow a name upon you, Zarina. You will bring honor to it, I am sure. But... I want you to do one more thing. I want the name I give you to be the name you use to rekindle the honor of the Lian and those before them. Even if your mother is no longer attached to the name, I want you to do all you can to absolve it of its dishonor," She looked up to him when he spoke and nodded solemnly. She would do whatever she could to cleanse the name of Lian. She had to...even though her reluctance to do so was plain upon her face. Nonetheless, she choked down that bitter pill and waited for The Rising's leader's words. "The name I give you is Isitoq. From hence for, you shall be Zarina Isitoq of the Rising." Her eyed lit up at that, for she'd heard of the spirit during her waterbending studies and while in the Water Tribe Colonies. She
was unsure if he understood the weight of what he did...or maybe he did and that was why he did it.

She had never viewed her mixed heritage as a curse, despite her being out casted from the more sociable circles in the Fire Nation. It was her mother's name and grandfather's good word that kept her from being a social pariah. Not that it mattered, as her dedication to and skill in firebending helped to earn her some measure of respect. Despite their...views, she still respected the Northern Water Tribe and its skilled waterbenders. So much so, that she based her cold plasmabending on the water techniques. That lead to many a sleepless night of course, but it was worth it practice alongside her brothers and sisters in the Water Tribe Colonies. Now, this man had gifted her with a longtime wish she'd always had: a connection to the last bit of heritage she could never claim. She had a Water Tribe name now, and not just any name!

Zarina bared the tattooing with gritted teeth. Nothing had really punctured her skin to this degree before, though she watched him carefully. Uquolaan was an incredibly skilled waterbender, and it showed in the fluidity of his movements. He seemed so relaxed, but there was an underlying intensity in his eyes and voice. She couldn't help but feel the concentration he put into the mark, if that even made sense.

Once he was finished and he spoke his final words to her, she couldn't help the look of sheer joy pass over her face. "I will. I will mete out justice in the most appropriate way. I promise I will bring honor to the name you've given me. And I hope to please my namesake with my actions." she bowed to him respectfully, "I won't let you down, and I won't become a tyrant." she looked over at Tao and give her rougish smirk before looking back at the leader, "Tao won't let it go to my head." she joked. Then she cleared her throat, "Nor will I. I'll do my best not to let my emotions dictate my actions."

Zarina looked at the others then flushed when Tanvi complimented her name. She, she floated in midair and found the sensation fun but...unsettling. Even though she loved the water bending style, she wasn't exactly comfortable now that she saw she was surrounded by it. "Er, thanks, Tanvi." She full on blushed and thanked the spirits for her darker skin tone when Tao spoke.

"Thanks. When we get to the surface, I'll be sure to find the ingredients so you can try my Grandma's Tentacle soup." she looked to the group, "For everyone if you want to try it."

"Well I--The what?"

His eyebrow cocked and an look that was some in between "Excuse me?" and "What the f--". Then came the eye squint. There is no way I ate bugs. That would be nastier than a bison turd. Either way, I am watching you. Before he could say anything, Tenten had patted the ground. The universal sign to sit was established. Complying, he sat down. Normally, he would have an idea, but it seems they were all ahead of him. Stupid morning people. "Water should probably first on our list. We aren't going to be able to do anything without the proper energy."

Karan just sat there watching Yoshino bend and take care of the fire, for the most part. As she scratched her head, the short, stout earth bender stood. "Not a problem." He got into a stance of his own. Similar to her's but twisted his body, and the ground around the stain crackled and broke. Lifting, with relative ease, The spot with the mark was then flipped over. Karan relaxed and let the earth fall back into place, dirt side up. Smiling and rubbing his hands happily, he was pleased. "Mommy Tenten, I did it." Chuckling, he patted the fellow earth bender and stretched.

"So, can either of you water benders feel water nearby?"

Makki watched the two earthbenders try to hide the fire. She didn't feel like pointing out the seams along the rock where it had been flipped or that they had slept on the ground, leaving imprints. Those would either fade or someone who wasn't good at tracking wouldn't notice and pass by the spot. What Makki responded to was Karan's comment about sensing the water nearby. "Karan." Makki said completely straight faced, "do you sense the earth? How about the air? Pretty sure that if you wait a moment it might occur to you that, yes, anyone can sense water. Because it's everywhere and you pretty much know what when you see it. That doesn't mean I can clap my hands together and point at water because I'm a waterbender. Maybe next time I'll ask Yoshino and you to find some rock when we're on a boat!"

Makki's tirade was part tiredness and part she wanted to find civilization again. Hearing they were lost only made her angrier, and that Tenten was okay with it was all the more irritating. How she be okay with living out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but frogsquirrels for company? It was simply mind blowing to Makki that anyone would want to live out here. She'd spent time as a nomad, but she liked having real walls around her. So that way it didn't rain on her in the middle of the night or she didn't wake to find a spider on her face.

"And yes, we ate bugs. Ask Tenten, she likes eating the stupid things because they're easy to catch."

The Sun Rises
While Zarina turned and spoke to the group in response to her new name, Uquolaan eased back, allowing his arms to flow back in smooth, round arc that resulted in the water that once free floated in the air to be withdrawn into his gourd again. While the group managed minor chit chat, Uquolaan let his eyes fall on Suzzio. Krane hadn't been instructed to recruit this one, but he did anyway. Krane must have saw something in the boy. Uquolaan had a difficult time considering what to do given their situation and given the news he was about to embark onto Krane. Their situation wasn't secluded to this group, either. The news Uquolaan had could potentially alter every dynamic within the Rising. Krane wasn't going to be a recruiter anymore.

Uquolaan took a calm stance, then grinned. Whatever conversation the group was having, he was about to interrupt it: "I see, my friends, you were eating before I had came in. I believe five young benders require a whole lot more nourishment than some potatoes." Uquolaan then sidestepped the tarp that acted as a doorway to the larger hall and in the same motion lifted the tarp. Behind him, the hall was filled with a table full of actual food. A sliced ham was the only actual portion of meat as attaining meat in the Underground City was actually quite difficult, but the rest of the table was set with steamed and seasoned vegetables, mashed potatoes made with cream and cheese, soft bread accompanied by a hard crisp and a small cheese platter. Cheese, although still difficult to attain, was far easier to sneak in from Omashu. The table was set wonderfully, and although the food was far from what a Fire Nation table would have allotted, it was no small amount.

Uquolaan waited with the door open and said, "I do have news for you all." Uquolaan was barely heard, however, as Krane and Suzzio were the first to rush through the door. Followed by a tentative Tanvi, then Tao and Zarina. Uquolaan gifted them all with kind faces as they traveled to the dining room, then sat down himself. Before he ate, however, he began to talk. He hoped that with the distraction of food, the news wouldn't hit them so hard. "First comes first, I suppose. Although I have no idea whom your fifth is... the five of you won't be separating. Normally, Krane would have recruited Tao and Zarina, and I would have found places for them accordingly. However... and this is important, things have changed. Krane will no longer be a recruiter; he will be your leader. He has been a member of the Rising for a long time, and with his roots in the Fire Nation courts he should be able to relate to all of you. With that said," Uquolaan looked around, still uneasy about Suzzio.

But, it didn't matter. Krane had been recruiting for years, literally. News would get out eventually, and Uquolaan had to have faith in those that surrounded him. Krane was no exception, and soon Tanvi, Tao, Zarina and Suzzio would find themselves in the same boat. Uquolaan inhaled deeply, holding his breath for just a moment before exhaling. "Avatar Kiareu has died. The Phoenix Kingdom is now without an Avatar. I have had this confirmed and have spread it through many veins of The Rising, and now I spread it to you. Even if the Phoenix Kingdom acquired the new Avatar, it would be over a decade - nearly two, honestly - before they would have them become another trained weapon. As of now, I have the leaders of the other outposts being informed. Those from the Patola Mountains are coming here personally. You are to deliver the news to Jet. Then, to New Taku where it will be sent to Ukoda. The Rising nor any other resistance will have as great of an opportunity as we will in the coming years to over throw the Phoenix Kingdom."

Uquolaan could see it. Even in Krane. At first, stuffing his face, half-ignoring what Uquo had told him. Krane believed he could handle any mission Uquo would throw at him. Krane didn't mind this group, either, so spending more time with them wouldn't be a bother. He was surprised when Uquo told him that Tanvi was sticking with him, but after that, Krane realized that there might be new roles for him to fill in the Rising. He had no idea idea things would be changing this quick. Staring at Uquolaan with a piece of ham in his fork, Krane had no idea how to respond to this. He looked around at the group for a moment. The Avatar? Dead? Would this be war? How would they take down the Phoenix King? He had always been part of the Rising passively. He had killed and fought, sure, but the prospect of war was terrifying.​

Big News

When Uquolaan spoke again and lifted the tarp, Tanvi tilted her head and glanced at the meal awaiting them. She couldn't agree more, however she felt as if the leader had something else to add besides the fact that they deserved a bigger meal. Fei didn't want to wait for Tanvi so while she slowly walked the ferret first jumped on Suzzio's shoulder, and then Krane's to get to the front. "News?" It could have been something of importance, however she continued and took a seat with the others. Mentally, because she had no intention to correct Uquo, she reminded him that she was no bender. The closest she could consider was that she could prohibit bending for periods of time. Still, she took pride in her title. Being in the Rising for the months she had, Tanvi realized there may have been many nonbenders, but few- maybe even less than that- were actual chi blockers. When Tanvi took her share of food, she looked over as Uquo began to speak.

She had been mid bite when she learned that Krane wasn't going to be a recruiter anymore. For a fleeting moment, Tanvi wondered if that meant she would be assigned to a new station- however it passed when Uquo continued. No, he wasn't going to be a recruiter, he was going to be a leader. And a leader of the small band of people he gathered. With fork in mouth, she gave a soft two claps of congratulations before continuing with her meal, along with listening. Krane wouldn't have too much problem leading the band of misfits he gathered, after all, he had been doing that already. But this wasn't all. Tanvi's attention moved more to the conversation than the food in front of her and because of this, Fei had no problem swiping food off her plate.

A look of surprise waved over Tanvi's expression. The Avatar was dead? That meant more than just a loss of a secret weapon. It meant opportunities. This could be the Rising's chance to success. But it was also all so sudden. Sure, Krane had been with the group for years, but Tanvi was only there for months. And the others had just arrived. To be tossed into battles and wars, proceeding with plans, were they really prepared for all of that? "Whoa..." It was a soft response, more so to herself, but it was still heard. She didn't know how to exactly respond, nor did she know how to formulate proper questions to ask. "That's...That's big news. Definitely big news." She took the moment to take in that information, wondering what would happen next. With a small sigh, she rewound her thoughts. First thing was first, they had to get the news to the other members of the Rising. Everyone needed to know before things started to move forward. And with that, training would probably ensue as well. The group may have been good fighters, but the real test was if they could go against armies and the Phoenix Kingdom itself.

Looking back down at her food, Tanvi also realized... Maybe she was getting a tad ahead of herself. "One step at a time..." Tanvi breathed and then once again began to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.