Well, that's what I did and it's done now. :-S

Oooh, this looks so great :] Still accepting characters for this? I've been dying to play in an Avatar RP. If you'll have me, I'll dedicate some time to reading the information and see what I can cook up. Based on the first few paragraphs I've read though, it looks like it'll be amazing. (I've been EXTREMELY ill, so my headache allows for only so much screen time before my skull threatens to burst.)

Tenten_zps52f15a1f.jpg

[Female | 33 | Foggy Swamp Tribe]

Tenten is an unusual woman with a caring soul, who's wandered far from her home, the swamp village. She was originally going to be named Ten, but her grandfather, now deceased, fancied something more catchy. So, the name Tenten came to be. Those she's met outside of her home have a hard time deciding if they like her or not. She has a tendency to behave like a wild animal in many situations, which can be unsettling. The rest of the time, though, she has this warm, motherly presence to her. Tenten, in fact, has an eleven year old daughter who she's out searching for. The mother and daughter had a nasty argument, then the following morning, her little Syd was gone.

Due to the absence of Syd, she carries a heavy sadness in her heart. Sometimes, she has to seek out a private place where she can weep, but only when it's appropriate. Tenten seems to gravitate more towards children and teenagers rather than fellow adults. A fair number of them refer to her as the 'swamp witch', a nickname she embraces and humors the young ones with every opportunity she gets. She's a cheerful, playful sort until she's summoned to duty, where she transforms dramatically into a cold huntress with unbreakable focus.

Traits

Survivalist:
Tenten has impressive knowledge on the basic needs of survival. Being one with nature comes in handy. She works effectively on her own, or as a leader to a team; whatever gets the jobs done. Shelter building, hunting, creating fire pits, identifying plant species--just to name a few things she can do. On the note of food: Tenten's diet is mainly meat and bugs, which she'll assume everyone else likes too. If you ask nicely, she'll cook it for you so it'll taste better.

Waterbending:
You'll see her demonstrate the rigid style that the swamp tribe uses to guide skiffs, otherwise she waterbends more aggressively than most. At each hip, she wears a bottle of water, one of which has swamp water directly from home. She likes to manipulate the water into tentacles that act as whips, or a way to constrict her enemies. Water is also involved with her punches and kicks, to add damage or to form a shield. Additionally, she can manipulate plant-life that has swampy characteristics.

Big hands and feet:
Tenten uses this to her advantage. There's a lot of kicking involved in the way she fights, making for a painful and accurate strike from her foot. Her fists are forces to be reckoned with as well. Sometimes she likes using her water tendrils to reel enemies in for a good punch. On this note, she has no weapon expertise whatsoever. She melees with her bare knuckles by choice.

Mother hen:
You won't have to worry about her mothering you if it's unwanted, but it's generously given where welcomed. She has useful knowledge on remedies for sickness, she loves to hug, she's supportive, she'll pretend to be a parent to the starving orphans--Tenten has so much motherly love to give that it'll make you throw up.

Relations & Relationships

Syd, daughter, prisoner
Fin, husband, deceased
Zuzu, mother, an elderly woman living in the Foggy Swamp
Moh, father, an elderly man living in the Foggy Swamp
Lee, a female frog squirrel who follows Tenten everywhere

History
I'll begin the story at a time when Tenten was fresh into her twenties. She'd fallen in love with a strapping young man named Fin, who served the tribe as a capable protector. The two were destined to grow old together. It was solidified when Tenten's mother pointed out how her daughter was getting more sluggish, as well as ill in the mornings. They were going to have a new baby in the family.

A mere week after the birth of Syd, a guardian of the tribe approached Tenten. He reported that his comrade, Fin, was missing. The last time anyone saw him, they said he went to investigate a suspicious noise he'd heard, then he would catch back up with the group. All regret not volunteering to go with Fin, rather than keep walking home with only their hungry stomachs in mind. He not only never returned, there was no evidence as to where he went. Since this unfortunate event, he is assumed dead. Days upon days of not seeing her beloved eventually made Tenten accept he was gone.

The grieving young woman struggled against a powerful depression that lasted for weeks. She was neglecting to feed her child, as well as herself. Though the swamp folk aren't the cleanliest, it was still obvious she paid no mind to hygiene whatsoever. Her heart seemed too broken to heal. She'd lost her grandfather at a young age, now the same happened with the love of her life. Of course, Syd didn't go ignored. She was taken into the hands of other tribe members until her mother was well again.

Tenten's wounds were eventually healed by the swamp. Her father, one day sick of her melancholic laziness, forced her out of her hut so he could toss her into the water. She was unresponsive until lifeforms began to swim past her, the pure beauty of them reminding her of what good she still had in her life. It felt as if the creatures were empathizing while the water carried her, at some point soothing her enough to make her smile. The tribe then watched in awe as Tenten rose from the pool, tentacle shaped lengths of water spiraling around her as she looked down at her people. In that moment, she was finally awake. All this time, she felt like she was lost in a bad dream.

Month old Syd was no longer suffering now that her mother was back. Overcoming that burden of sadness turned Tenten into a stronger person, the drive to live for her daughter more powerful than ever. While caring for her infant, she dedicated spare time to practicing her bending, survivalism, and self defense. There were plenty of eligible challengers, though many of them didn't agree with sparring against a twenty year old mother. Where this lacked, she took to the wilderness with creatures who made worthy opponents. A great many of them were accepted tribe members, in fact. The people lived peacefully as a community with plant and animal alike.

From that point on, she aspired to be an active contributor to the tribe, just as her husband was. She wasn't about to don the armor that the guards wore, but she developed other ways she could help. At about the time that Syd was old enough to start training, she invited other kids her age to learn with her. Tenten was appointed one of the main 'teachers' to the village children, creating a much more social environment altogether in the community.

The perfect, happy days weren't meant to last forever, unfortunately. Guards came with urgent reports involving deforestation of their beloved home. This was a cause for panic. Their numbers were so few, and their technology certainly wasn't anything to fear. They were doubtful that even when grouped together, they could make enough of a difference.

Reflecting much of the father she never knew, Syd stood up with a crazy proposal to save the swamp. Tenten watched in amazement as her ten year old gave a speech about how someone should leave, get help, and bring the help here. Of course, everyone thought this was a bizarre idea. Before anyone could make a comment though, Syd pointed to her mother, and suggested that the two of them journey from the swamp to seek aid for their people.

Tenten refused, though. She insisted that Syd remove herself from the crowd and to stop sounding so ridiculous. In all truthfulness, Tenten was afraid to ever leave the swamp. Fin left their safe zone one day, and never came back. What if the same happened to her or, goodness forbid, her little Syd!

Syd was through with her mother's cowardice, however. That, and the strict rules Tenten had set for her. She wasn't allowed to cross a certain line of territory, and her taste for adventure was always dismissed as a phase. Syd felt the need to stand up for herself, foolish as it make make her seem. She confronted her mom with a passionate rage, ranting about how she should be ashamed for hiding when their lives could end at anytime for all they know. Don't you care, she asked? Don't you wonder what's out there? Tenten shouted back, accusing the girl of being irrational and of being a terrible listener like all the other kids. Did she not see she just wanted what was best for her? The fight ended with the two going separate directions. Syd retired to the hut, while her mother spent time with the wildlife and her frog squirrel companion.

When she returned to the hut the next morning, Syd was nowhere to be found. It was to be expected, since she was taught so well. Tenten grieved until her head was clear enough for her to decide to leave. Her daughter was out there somewhere, and Syd was right... Someone should do something to help the swamp. She suggested that in her absence, everyone should put their heads together for ideas on how to protect their home.

Combing through the swamp alone took a long time. Her closeness with nature allowed her to question animals on what they'd seen lately, and she constantly sought out evidence to a trail. Tenten didn't want to rule out that this could be Syd pretending to run away, just to get a rise out of her mother. All the clues eventually led her to a scary sight: where the swamp ended. She would need to find the courage to go... Out there.

Tenten tightly embraced the goals she'd set and made that first step, in her entire life, out of the Foggy Swamp. The steps from then on eventually would take her to the Underground City. Before that, she had some embarrassing run-ins with villages of people who aren't used to seeing a tribal woman. She's guilty of robbery, biting an innocent old man, flooding an inn room, and kidnapping so far--all because she wasn't accustomed to the rules... Some were willing to forgive, some weren't. Let's just say she's had to do some trial and error before she finally understood how to properly behave. For the...most part.

Information through word of mouth, and a few clues carelessly left behind by Syd herself, got Tenten to the Underground City. She was unaware that it was the headquarters of a resistance that was plotting against the Phoenix King. During her visit, she gained knowledge of Syd's whereabouts and what exactly was involved with this cause. She learned of the tragedies that have gone on outside of her peaceful life in the swamp. The exchange of stories made a mix of empathy and sympathy swell in Tenten's heart.

Syd was once involved with the Rising, but is now being contained as a prisoner where she can't endanger anyone. She wasn't good at following instructions, her skills weren't as sharp as she talked them up to be, and she kept getting caught in her illegal acts. The young girl's foolishness got her into a dead end, something that Tenten wasn't at all surprised to hear of. As much as she missed her daughter, she would prefer her to stay where she was. It meant she would be safe. Most importantly, it meant she'd learn a thing or two about being a rebellious little monster.

Since she wasn't going to pursue her child's freedom just yet, she agreed to dedicate her time to the Rising. She eventually found where she could fit in, filled with determination to help her allies in every way possible. Mostly, the children were on her mind. The idea that she could help make the world a happier, brighter place for them is all the inspiration she needs.

Last edited:
So, as we all know, its nearing Christmas time. My time will be stretched a wee bit thin, but I am trying to smooth out all the kinks for this. As I said before, my goal is to get 2 solid groups to begin their own individual adventures with each other only truly connected through the Rising. That said, I am looking for a "defacto leader" or type of sub-moderator for the second group. I want every group in this roleplay to have a sense of individuality, and I believe that will be best captured if another capable writer leads the group with me just supervising. Basically, I'm looking for any volunteers that might like to plot with me for the second group I'm making and help develop the world some more.

Fun fact, I ain't dead.

another fact, I edited my cs

If I have overlooked a CS, I do apologize. I'm quite accustomed to having a thread specifically set out for character sheets alone with no OOC. I normally prefer being highly organized.

Aaaanyway, I just watched The Battle of Five Armies, so... my mind is in a slightly different fantastical setting at the moment. I'll get to a full review of this tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta say I'm with you there, Cerulean.

oZLlBfI.png

[Female | 17 | Earth Kingdom - Wanted]

Tao Shěn is passionate young woman from the village of Gaoling. Holding great confidence in herself she doesn't take, much less allow any form of insult or criticism to hinder her from reaching her goals. Not exactly the brightest of the bunch, she makes up for her lack of book-smarts with optimism, and a trust-worthy nature. Unfortunately, at times she can be a little too trusting. She's been conned multiple times by supposed 'magicians', and 'unfortunate travelers' passing through town. Despite the trouble, Tao still thoroughly believes everyone deserves to be heard, or given a second chance.

She has a strong mindset of right and wrong, a trait her parents made sure to educate her and the rest of her siblings on from day one. Thankful, and aware of her privilege as middle class -- or rather, was middle class -- she's come to resent the oppression, and struggle the Phoenix King has brought upon her people, and nation. Active in her community, especially with the lower-class and less fortunate, she and her family have put money and efforts into aiding her town in as many ways possible.

Her family, and friends mean everything to her and she'd be willing to put her life at risk for them no matter the situation. A true social butterfly, it doesn't take long for Tao to associate herself with others. Enjoying the company of others, and meeting new people she's known for stirring up friendly conversations with some of the most unlikeliest of strangers who've sailed or traveled through Gaoling.

Talking, and eating are two of her favorite things to do. So with a stomach as big as her mouth, the quickest way to heart has ,and always will be, through her stomach. No matter the attitude, or nature of a person, Tao has a knack for talking someones ear off however she stays vigilant of others own needs, and boundaries. Her goal is to make friends after all, not push them away.

Never afraid of hiding it from others, especially towards those who've shown her disrespect, Tao holds a temper that's placed her into tense situations more then once. Unapologetic, blunt, and unafraid of letting someone know how she really feels about them--she'd be ready in a heartbeat to take a few hard punches if that meant beating some sense into whoever disrespected her, or those close to her. Unsure of how to deal with loss, or failure, Tao hides her struggles and stress behind a smile and terrible excuses. Refusing to face her problems head on, much less admit them, she allows her issues to fester and grow until they burst in the form of a tempered, or drawn attitude.

Ultimately a loyal, and warm-hearted person, Tao attempts to be the best person she can be. While her actions may cause trouble those around her trouble, her intentions are always good. Keeping an open mind, and an open heart, she's struggled to come to terms with her situation but with her head held high, Tao still stands strong and hopeful.

Traits

EarthBending:
Tall, strong, and sturdy both in mind, and body, Tao is a force to be reckoned with. EarthBending has always been her true passion besides her physical health. Training beneath her parents in basic techniques, she eventually went under the wing of Master Kǒng at her parents school to further her skills. Stressing neutral jing, and traditional methods, he encouraged Tao to find her own individuality in her bending. With this advice she's come to lean towards defensive techniques, and counter offensive attacks.

By allowing her opponents to make the first move she can typically assess their style, and adapt to their technique before countering with strategic, and thoroughly thought out moves. Her connection to the ground is the most important piece to her technique, so while most of her fighting style revolves around strong kicks, punches, and leg movement, Tao is always sure to stay grounded.

Seismic Sense:
A technique passed down to her from Master Kǒng, Tao is able to sense the vibrations in the earth around her in a 360 view through her connection to the ground. As one of the first advanced level techniques she was taught, Tao trained her skills acutely. Through sensing others physical reactions, be it through heart rate or breathing, she can almost always tell when someones lying. With focus, she can also discern certain people through the way they walk--although it's much easier for her to identify someone if she's been around them before.

One on One Combat:
Depending mostly on her bending, Tao is capable of handling herself in one on one combat. While her bending uses a mix of all her limbs, her one on one combat revolves around her legs, and grappling skill. Flexible, and versatile, she can easily reverse and escape most grips, or locks.

Versatility:
While naturally quirky, and kind towards most, Tao isn't afraid of dirty jobs, or grunt work. If it means getting the information she needs she's willing to show a little force, and play the bad cop if the situation calls for it. Not exactly a master of strategy, she can lie her ass off and put on a number of faces when given clear instructions and a role.

Lan Hua Shěn | 45 | Owner of Shěn Academy - EarthBender Teacher | Father | Alive - Incarcerated
The Shěn family have lived in the Earth Kingdom for generations. Known for their mastery in EarthBending, and eventually the Academy that called home in the mountain range village of Gaoling, Lan has often boasted about their distance relationship to the late Earth King through a marriage between his great uncle, and Lan's great great great grandmother. Through this old reputation the Shěn family have lived their lives as Nobles and eventually middle-class citizens in modern times. Friendly, loud, and as strong as a ox, Lan Hua is a respected man amongst the community. Likable in many ways, be it due to his overly friendly nature, or his ever rare speeches of wisdom, Lan lived his life comfortably and happily. Lan Hua is currently incarcerated in the Boiling Rock for the charges of his daughters crimes.

Jian Shěn | 43 | EarthBending Teacher | Mother | Alive - Incarcerated
Formally Jian 'Truong' before marriage, her reputation as an Wrestler in the Underground Ring was known about Gaoling and eventually caught the attention of her soon-to-be-husband, Lan Hua. Their meeting was 'destiny' as her mother put it. Mistaken for a mugger, her father had been punched in the face and promptly knocked out by Jian due to a startling touch to the shoulder. After hitting it off with one another, they eventually began to date and soon married. Jian is currently incarcerated in the Boiling Rock for the chargers of her daughters crimes.

Shang Yu Shěn | 23 | EarthBender | Brother | Alive - Incarcerated
Tao's older brother, and a passionate EarthBender like her parents, Shang has dedicated his life towards the teaching, culture, and history of his people. Rambunctious during his youth, he's become passive and wise with age, the only sign of aggression or sternness he ever shows is during his training and mentoring of the younger students in his parents Academy. Shang Yu is currently incarcerated in the Boiling Rock for the charges of his sisters crimes.

Master Fang Wú Kǒng | 82 | EarthBending Master - Teacher at Shěn Academy | Family Friend | Deceased
A man of honor, and tradition, Fang Wú Kǒng was a highly respected man amongst Gaoling. Rumors of his past often spoke of him as a key member of the Earth Kingdoms resistance during the Great War, while some have even claimed him to be ex-Dai Li for the formal Earth King. However his history has, and always will remain a mystery as he was executed for aiding Tao, and the Kanei twins in their escape.

Iokua Kanei | 37 | Fisherman | Northern WaterTribe Colonies WaterTribe - Earth Kingdom | Father of Sitqa, Mato, and Tahani | Deceased
The Kanei Clan originates from the Northern WaterTribe with generations going back to the first settlers. Relocating to the Colonies during the great war, Iokua met his wife, Situ, in his early childhood. Marrying her, and soon having kids by his early twenties, they relocated to the Earth Kingdom to focus on their family and their shared passion of the ocean, and fishing. Despite his lack of activity and presence during his children's rebellion, he and Situ were executed within their homes due to the 'crimes' of their children.

Situ Kanei | 37 | Fisherman | Northern WaterTribe Colonies WaterTribe - Earth Kingdom | Mother of Sitqa, Mato, and Tahani | Deceased
Kind, passive, and compassionate, Situe Kanei was a friendly and likable woman. Beautiful inside and out, her love and passion for her family, and culture was evident in everything she did. Without an aggressive bone in her she was executed with her husband in her home due to the 'crimes' of her children.

Sitqa Kanei | 17 | WaterTribe | Girlfriend | Deceased
The eldest child, and twin, Sitqa Kanei was a stubborn and enthusiastic youth. Easily tempered, and highly passionate of her own beliefs, her witty antics and lack of self-control over her own mouth was often the source of her problems. Trying to act cool in front of her siblings and Tao, her antics would often lead her to looking like a fool, but deep down Sitqa was as innocent as any other child. She was full of curiosity, and held was a role model to Tao.

Killed in the swamps, her death has left a huge impact on Tao's way of life, leaving her questioning many of her own morals and life decisions. Instead of facing her grief she uses Sitqa's death as a crutch to help her move forward, and strengthen her will to avenge her, and the rest of her friends.

Mato Kanei | 17 | WaterTribe | Friend | Deceased
The most reserved amongst his siblings, Mato Kanei was a quiet and reserved young man. His reclusive, and abrupt nature was often seen as disrespectful or suspicious. The main target of the towns more prejudice citizens, he's come to be proud of his culture, as a WaterTribe native. While hard to anger, his life was ended due to his own blinding rage. Executed at the gates of Gaoling, his last words have forever been etched into the back of Tao's mind.
"Down with the King.."​

Tahani Kanei | 14 | WaterTribe | Friend | Deceased
The youngest of the Kanei children, Tahani resembled her mother in every way. Gentle, respective, and lacking any sort of bad bone in her body, Tahani was a sweet girl. Lacking the heart to raise her voice at anyone, or even to kill a fly, she was executed in public due to false claims of thievery.

History

Born and raised in Gaoling, Tao Shěn was the youngest child, and only daughter to Lan Hua, and Jian Shěn. A stubborn, and troublesome girl, her parents were aware of their daughters abundant curiosity, and absence in fear from day one. Allowing her to explore and grow into this eccentric nature, Tao grew to become much like her older brother, and the rest of the boys he hung around. Becoming tom-boyish with age, she returned home with bruises and scrapes from wrestling, and fighting with the other boys. While other girls held interest in clothing, and jewelry, Tao loved getting dirty, and collecting insects. She was an oddball by all standards, but was still accepted amongst her family despite these differences.

As her brother and his friends matured and aged, her time was soon spent practicing Earth Bending or causing trouble with her other friends, the Kanei Siblings. Children of local fishermen that lived by the port, Tao's parents were close to their parents, and naturally she got along with their children. While she bonded with each of the siblings, her interests and time was primarily focused on the eldest daughter, Sitqa. As best friends the two were practically glued to the hip, constantly together, and always causing a ruckus somewhere.

Growing up with one another their bond grew with time, and while they stayed friends, Tao and Sitqa eventually came to acknowledge their feelings for each other. Despite the approval from both of their parents, some of the more prominent members of town protested their relationship. Their differences in race, and similarities in gender were questioned and insulted, but this was criticism they fought against together.

Even with these obstacles, Tao couldn't have been happier. Life was working out in ways she could have never imagined, and as she dreamed of her future with Sitqa, her days took a sudden turn for the worse.

Caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, Tahani was falsely accused of stealing food and jewelry from a merchants stand. In fear she had attempted to flee, but was struck down, burned alive, and unnecessarily executed in public. This fueled Mato's retaliation as he had been at the scene and attempted to reassure the firebender of his sisters innocence. Sitqa and Tao arrived just as the Phoenix Kingdom Officer was killed. In fear for Mato's safety and ultimately Sitqa's as well, she attempted to help the twins escape town, her name eventually pulled into their resistance and made out to be a criminal.

Seeking shelter with Master Kǒng he hid them till nightfall before assisting them out to the Swamps, a fool proof plan had it not been for the guards patrolling the front gate. Apprehended and eventually surrounded by Phoenix Kingdom Officers, Master Kǒng, and Mato were killed in the struggle leaving a severely injured Sitqa, and Tao to escape into the Swamps. Despite their efforts to escape, the two were eventually caught and surrounded. Fending off their attacks as best she could, Sitqa was struck down. Burned alive like her sister, and brother before her. Consumed by rage, and loss, Tao broke her vows and killed the five remaining Phoenix Kingdom Officers before fleeing the scene, and heading deeper into the Swamp.

After the incident her name and face was demonized amongst the community while lies were spread of her friends, and family, further tarnishing their reputation. It was said she had 'joined forces' with the perpetrators and brutally executed the Officers during their confrontation. The remaining Kanei in the village were executed and while Tao could not pay for her 'crimes' in person, her family unfortunately paid the price. Sent to the Boiling Rock without trial and awaiting a date for execution, Tao has sought out the Rising not only for their aid, but to join alliances in efforts to rescue her family, avenge her friends, and save her nation.

Miscellaneous

Body Type:
- Standing at a towering 5 foot 11 inches, and weighing in at a hefty 174 pounds, Tao is muscular and toned. Her body shape and athleticism is her pride and joy, and she'd be willing to reassure anyone of her strength with an arm wrestling, or sparring match. Actively training and keeping up with her figure, Tao uses working out as a hobby to not only pass the time, but as a coping mechanism as well.

Love:
- Young and curious, Tao has always been interested in love and the feelings surrounding it. Her feelings are not restricted by gender, or race, but lay dependent on her own bond with a person, as well as her own feelings towards them.

Goals & Motto:
- Despite her love for her town, and people, she has always been interested in traveling the world and learning about the Four Nations and their. While she never anticipated her travels to begin with such a tragic start, Tao is still desperately searching for the positive side of her situation. 'Everything happens for a reason', as she always says. Or at least that's what she used to believe.

Vows:
- No matter the situation, Tao made a vow while under the wing of Master Kǒng. Her bending and strength was never meant to mortally harm, or maim another living being. This moral code was broken during her escape from Gaoling, leaving the weight of a broken promise, and the death of seven men on her shoulders. Since then she has once again vowed to never break the code, and kill another person.

Habits:
- To increase her level of connection to the earth, Tao has a habit of removing the soles from the bottom of her shoes. New shoes never last her more then a few hours as this habit has grown on her making the constriction of her feet uncomfortable. Not a fan of shoes anyway, she can often be found walking barefoot entirely.

Singing:
- Outside of her fighting, and aggressive nature Tao has a hidden love for singing. Keeping her voice to herself, she'll only sing in an empty room and away from others due to her own self consciousness. Not much of a hobby as it is a habit when she's bored, her parents, and even Sitqa had encouraged her to hone in on her singing skills.

Christmas is really kicking my ass right now, but I really wanted to get something up. Once I have some free time I should be able to work on her and have Tao finished by tonight or tomorrow.

firebender_oc___vanhi_by_zareonianwolf-d4xhp9d.jpg

[Female | 19 | Fire Nation]

Zarina Isitoq was always the dutiful daughter. Stuck in the middle of a messy noble family, she is the product of a love affair between a Fire Nation General and her Northern Water Tribe lover. Her entire life has been shadowed in military life and and stained with the unavoidable rumors that could be found in her social circle.

Traits

Firebending
Zarina is a rather accomplished firebender. While she is not a master, she is able to create fire blades, fire whips, and fire streams, amongst a few other things. As a fire bender, her fighting style is highly aggressive and fast paced. She is constantly on the move, and uses flips and various acrobatic maneuvers to add extra swinging force to her attacks.

Plasmabendimg
Zarina discovered this incredibly rare anomaly of a talent when she mistakenly added fire to her waterbending meditation forms at the age of 14. This advanced and versatile bending skill requires a high level of control, finesse, concentration and inner balance to use it most effectively. Currently, Zarina has managed to use two forms of the plasma: hot plasma and cold plasma.
Plasmabending: Hot Plasma
Hot plasma is highly destructive, and is the fully activated form of plasmabending. Hot plasma is a bright green color. This form is closer to fire bending than Cold Plasma, and is used in Zarina's highly mobile, highly aggressive fighting style. The main difference is that her movements become more fluid, and focused on counter-attacks and hard hitting attacks.

Plasmabending: Cold Plasma

Cold plasma is the inactivate form of plasmabending. As such, care must be given to entice the plasma to into moving. This form uses waterbending forms almost exclusively, and can be used to heal. Cold plasma is light red in color. The plasma entices the body to speed up the repair process by exciting the cells with the dense chi energy within it. Of course, this requires a lot of concentration, as exciting the cells too much can lead to death. This form can be weaponized as well, but Zarina's code keeps her from using such a gift for destructive means. But codes can be broken under the right circumstances...

Hand-to-Hand Combat
Zarina is a capable fighter, even without her bending. Using her strong core and excellent sense of balance, Zarina's fighting style is unconventional at best: a hybrid stemming from a hybrid. Interweaving Tae Kwon Do/Kickboxing and Capoeria, Zarina is a force even without her bending. However...it just so happens that her chosen martial art can easily incorporate her firebending or plasmabending...what a coincidence.

--Capoeria
At first glance, this dance like martial art seems useless during an actual fight. Consisting of flips and various turns of the body that seem impractical in the heat of battle, many would ask why Zarina chose this martial art. However, a trained fighter would know to proceed with caution. Following the concepts of rhythm and fluid movement, Zarina's strikes could appear out of nowhere. No stance is without a potent offense, from a two footed stance, to a one footed/one handed, or even a two handed stance with all over her weight being supported by her arms, a powerful kick or punch could be just a shift away. This martial art is also rife with grapples, feints, and counters, which can all be performed from the same base stances. If an opponent sees Zarina's arms shifting, even slightly, in a constant way, they should ne very, very aware...and lucky. The circular patterns her body makes aids in strengthening and powering her firebending, even when she is calm.

---Muay Thai/Kick Boxing hybrid
To capitalize on the flexibility and power that Zarina gained from her bending training, Zarina has managed to integrate a mash up of two martial arts into one. The base is muay thai, a martial art that utilizes the head, elbows, hands, knees, and feet for striking and grappling. To strengthen her kicks and offer a wider range of moves to string together, she added in kickboxing for its versatile nature.

She uses this combat style for her firebending and hot plasmabending, since she doesn't need to really change anything about them to incorporate the bending.

Lee Lian Jr.- Elder Brother
Jet Lian- Younger Brother
Pao Lian- Elder Sister (deceased)
Tien Lian-Younger Sister(deceased)
Li Lian- Younger Sister (deceased)
Lee Lian Sr.-Step Father
Sarina Lian- Mother (deceased)
Hazing Kyogin- Father
Tao: Good Friend
Krane: Leader, confidante

[Optional themesong]

History

Her mother was, and still is, a well liked Commodore due to her unique bending style and tactics. She held a position that oversaw the day to day operations of a naval base near a well known Northern Water Tribe Colony that served as a gateway for goods and trade. Zarina idolized her mother, and often competed with her half-siblings for her attention. This, of course, led to dissent within the family as her step-father disliked that the young firebender inherited her looks from her mixed father. He believed, unlike his wife, that purity would lead to an heir worthy of his wife. He also hated that the girl carried the name of her mother without his approval. Her mother, Sarina, disagreed vehemently, but sent the young girl to live with her maternal grandparents when the man threatened to dissolve their marriage over the girl. This led to Zarina resenting her stepfather and half-siblings, while it strengthened the connection to her mother as the woman did not want her to go.

Sarina sent her daughter by ship back to the Fire Nation with a personal guard. Her grandparents met her at the port and welcomed the child with warm smiles, hugs, and chocolates.

Zarina grew strong, under the careful guidance of her grandparents, and often received letters of love and encouragement from her mother. Her grandparents, whom were wealthy nobles, paid for an Air Nation mentor as well as a Northern Water Tribe Colony teacher so that the combined cultures could help temper the girl's hot headed passion. Regardless of the outside influence however, Zarina remained loyal to her mother and the Fire Nation, and was always excited to hear the stories of her mother's bravery and heroism whenever she put down a rebellion. She did, however, grow to love the customs of the Northern Water Tribe, despite her disagreeing with many of them. She was quite enamored with the idea of receiving a betrothal necklace, or maybe even giving one. As someone that worked with her hands, she felt that the idea of carving a meaningful symbol of the pair was quite the expression of love and care.

During her a long stretch of meditation, Zarina's firebending manifested as she went through her forms. Her mentors swiftly notified her grandparents, and a firebending mentor was added to her daily routines. This led to increased curiosity from her mother whom demanded to be kept up to date on the events.
As she grew into a teenager, Zarina found that she held a fluidity and flexibility naturally, which had been enhanced by years of meditative forms and stretches. She worked on incorporating that into her firebending and then added strength training with her mother's approval. After some time, her mother sent for her to return to the Northern Water Tribe to show what she learned.

Zarina's chosen style led to more discussions and fights between herself and her siblings as well as her mother and step-father after her arrival. Sarina eventually decided that her daughter's skills would be better honed under her direct, personal tutelage. Her husband was furious, as their kids had developed their firebending without much input from her. In light of this, Sarina kept a close eye on her pupil, but allowed her to make mistakes and forge her own style of bending.

Much later, Sarina named Zarina as her successor shortly before she retired. Zarina, whom had always been at her mother's side since becoming her protégé, took over the day to day operations of the family while a new general was set to be appointed. Weeks later, Zarina approached her mother and told her of her intentions to join the Fire Nation's Army.

Seizing his opportunity, Lee Lian challenged his half-sister for the title of "Successor". Despite her mother's warnings to not involve herself with petty disputes, her hot-headed persona appeared after a few well placed insults. The fight was dreadfully one-sided, and the duel was ended early when Lee could not stand. Nonetheless, Zarina was ready to kill him when her mother commanded that she stop. She lost her head for a second and whirled on her mother in fury. After all, as she pointed out, she'd never been accepted by her step-father and step-siblings, despite the affair not being her fault. The wiser woman demanded her daughter to not kill her kin, and stressed that family was more important than a petty argument. She argued that Zarina was above such things, and that as Successor, she had to show her future soldiers that she knew the value of mercy.

Upset by her wording and how flippantly his mother dismissed his feelings, Lee attacked his mother from behind while she confronted her heir. Zarina made to take the blow herself, but was blown back by her mother. Sarina blocked the attack with a flippant wave, then burned Lee's arms badly in reprimand at trying to attack like a coward. Following the rebuke, the rest of her kids stood by their brother, united against their mother and step-sister. Sarina realized that her husband had turned her own kids against her after a very twisted declaration of a coup attempt by the man. Zarina stood at her mother's side and begged them to not split their family. Her mother slapped her across the cheek only enough to sting, something the woman always did when words couldn't bring her daughter to herself. Sufficiently reprimanded, Zarina apologized for her wavering loyalty and stood at her mother's side. The woman placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, a first for the stoic woman...

Regardless, her siblings didn't listen and seized the opportunity to take their own part of the woman's legacy. Zarina fought tooth and nail for as long as she could, as did her mother. But the power of five, vengeful, angry firebenders was too much for the conflicted Zarina and slowly failing Sarina. The general was killed, overwhelmed by the combined fury of her traitorous children. Despair was quickly replaced by sheer hatred and rage within the injured Zarina's heart, and she ended up killing three of her half-siblings before she was subdued.

For her loyalty to her mother and murder of her siblings, Lee Senior sentenced Zarina to a public execution. The Chief of the village stepped in, however, and declared that no execution would take place. While the two men fought verbally, Zarina managed to use her waning strength to blast her two captors back with her plasma bending before she ran off. Guards loyal to the coup creators ran after her, only to be rebuffed by those still loyal to Sarina. Zarina turned when she heard those good men and women dying, and struggled to go back to help. However she collapsed in the snow and lost consciousness.

Due to the efforts of her mother's personal guards, Zarina was rescued and kept hidden in the later months while she recovered. Over this time of recovery, Sarina's army was split, as some decided to follow certain siblings on their quests to unite the territory under their name. Her step-father seized power for himself though, and split the territories amongst his two remaining children.

Her biological father later sought out the young woman out during these months to offer support for her own bid of power. While she disagreed and wanted nothing to do with it, he reminded her that she had a duty. If nothing else, she had to avenge those that were killed, including Sarina, as well as those who had died in her name. She agreed. In exchange, however, she would need to help fan the fires of rebellion in the Northern Water Tribe and beyond with the few forces she managed to escape with. Reluctantly, the young woman agreed, if only as a duty to her murdered mother.

Now though, she grapples with her loyalty to the Fire Lord over her new allegiance, as well as her own raw grief and self-hatred due to her inability to protect her mother. She has become the traitor, and she isn't sure how she feels about it.

Recently, Zarina's last name has changed due to her not wishing to be associated with her step-father. To show her loyalty to The Rising, she asked for its leader to rename her as per the Fire Nation (and familial) custom so she may bring honor to it. He did so, and bestowed the name of "Isitoq" upon her, to show her new role in administering justice. However, he has tasked her with bringing honor back to Lian name, thus setting in motion a new Zarina.

Other:

-Zarina stands at 5'6" , though her long legs and arms make it quite deceiving. She is well muscled and is capable of lifting quite a bit of weight. Her frame is built to meld strength with flexibility and agility though, so she will rarely trade blows from a standstill.

-Zarina is a closet romantic. She gives off an air apathy but is very shy. She hasn't had many positive interactions with people her own age, so she is easily flustered but cynical.

-Animals intrigue Zarina, to the point where she can be entertained for hours just watching them.

-Zarina typically wears a sleeveless blue shirt with black and white vest, black pants, and light, leathery boots. Her hair is typically pulled back into a tight ponytail.

-Zarina holds multiple citizenship privileges in the Northern Water Tribe, Fire Nation, and Northern Water Tribe Colonies.

-She holds no love for the Phoenix King, simply due to having few interactions with those related to him. She doesn't hate him either.

I'd like to reserve a character likely a northern water tribe bender. Thank you ^^

I believe I have enough to work with that now I can begin construction of an actual plot arc. I do thank everyone who put forth effort into creating some for and integrating themselves into this. It is at this time I would look for suggestions from you, the roleplayers of this roleplay, for plot elements, what you would like to see in unfolding events and maybe character development as a whole. I also am still looking for one creative advocate to "lead" the second group and somewhat GM part of the roleplay for them, as I do want to create diversity among the teams and plot.

We could always dip into character's past to give them a chance to grow and to advance their plot. =D

1915936.jpg

[Female | 16 | Wanderer - Chi Blocker]

Tanvi Anil though lazy by nature, has a rare intellect that consistently allows her to prevail in combat. She isn't too stressed out to excel. She can be disappointed when she falls short of her goals, but she is never devastated. She is rather accepting of failures. It may cause a short irritation only because she took the time to put effort into that goal, but it only lasts a short period of time. Normally, she'd much rather watch a fight or sleep than partake in something so strenuous. Tanvi is pretty even tempered and she lives less of a stress free life, well at least tries too. With her pet, Fei, a fire ferret she enjoys travelling the world and learning about the different nations and element styles. Don't hurt her ferret and you won't feel her wrath.​

Traits
Tanvi is quite agile. Because of this, she is also very fast and agile in battle, able to outmaneuver almost any opponent she has come across. Some of it was due to being overly underestimated, which she uses as an advantage. Her agility and limber form can be paralleled somewhat to that of Ty Lee's own skill, that's no doubt because she trained along side the girl. Her abilities were inspired because of a run in with a circus. Ironically, the same one Ty Lee was in. She thought it was a good idea considering she wasn't born a bender like her father and mother and it wasn't like she had anything better to do. Her training around the world has led her to develop many formal skills in the art of bending, she just lacks the actual element to bend- which she makes up for with Chi Blocking. So far, her favorite style has to be in the Tai Chi field, probably because of the meditation it requires.

Relations
She was born into the Fire Nation by a store merchant and a father in the army. There were times at a young age where she was caught, dozing off under and sometimes in a grand tree a little "too close to the royal family".
Acquaintance of Ty Lee.​

History
Tanvi was born to a status-less family. Her mother was a store merchant, selling herbs and fresh vegetables and fruits while her father took up being a soldier in the army. One harsh and surprising winter, Tanvi's mother had gotten severely sick when she was around the age of seven, only to die the next few days. It hit Tanvi hard, considering her other parent was always being pulled away from them. It made nothing better when her father had returned home only three days after to hear the horrible news. "Why weren't you here to save her?" That was the only thing she said to him for a few weeks.

Tanvi lived with a neighboring family, getting visits from her father every time he could. By this time, she had forgiven him and they had a healthy relationship. It was safe to say that her life had fallen into routine for awhile (Help around, Schooling, Doing nothing more) and thus began the development of her new, more laid back personality. Around the age of 9 she was taken to the circus, witnessing the fantastic acrobatic performances, that's where her practice in agility had began to bloom. Over the next few years she spent all her time learning the art and everything about it, along with joining the circus. She was an exceptional student and practically mastered the skill in three years or so. To be so young and to be taught by a Ty Lee's teacher and occasionally a bubbly child (Ty Lee being around 14 or a little older) (She occasionally missed a few practices here and there due to oversleeping- or...some other excuse)- impressive.

A few gigs in the circus later, Tanvi realized....The circus was too much work! So, she quit and went back home. After she was fourteen (and a half) she decided to start her travels. It indeed was a young age and when her father found out, he definitely did not approve, but it was too late. Late one night, with a bag packed, she went off to start her journey. And there was no stopping her. She occasionally writes to her father, telling him about her travels and mainly just mentioning she is still alive. Tanvi plans to circle the whole world, hopefully twice in her lifetime and learn everything she can about it.

One thing she did learn about was the terrible history of how the Fire Nation came to power. She doesn't approve of such a corrupted leadership and believes that all elements should live in harmony of each other- it was one reason why she left in the first place. She had only heard rumors about the rebellion when she returned to pay her father a visit, but of course she mentioned it not to him. After all...he is in the Fire Nation army.​

Miscellaneous
fire_ferret__by_scoutrageous-d53fr96.jpg

She has a pet Fire Ferret named Fei. Fei is normally seen with a white ribbon around her neck just for identification. Tanvi sometimes hides the ferret in her kimono like sleeves when going through cities or trying to find a place to stay.

*Salutes* Here you go Prince. Everything is the same.​

I'm deeply interested in this, plus I have a character idea already building up in my head.

Only question that remains for me is... Are you still accepting characters?

Sure am. :P I hope you enjoyed the revamp of the OOC as well.