Whoa, now hold on here. The introduction of this RP, which includes a three paragraph prologue, then five paragraphs of explanation as to the differences in this AU and Avatar: The Last Airbender constitutes under ten paragraphs. After that, you have a one paragraph description for nations, three paragraphs for the Rising, an explanation as to how the RP works in IC status, That's all pretty much prerequisite reading. You need to know the world well enough to be part of it. The timeline is unneeded, sure, but just about everything else is necessary. It's nowhere near that lengthy of a post; once you read it, you know what you need to read to make a character. If you can't even get past the description of the world I wrote, as the GM, so any potential or interested players had all the information needed to sustain a healthy, quality roleplay, then this might not be the RP for you. Coming in to a detailed AU saying its description is tedious is rude. Asking what's the bare minimum of information to get by, additionally, is rude.

You've just met pet peeve #2. The first was characters that are copy and pasted or poorly formatted to the RP.

Ok, so I want to join and I read some of the overview but... it's kind of tedious to read the whole thing. What specific parts should I read to be able to effectively participate in RP?
Short answer.

All of it

Well you obviously misunderstood me because I did not mean to upset you or give the impression of trying to do the bare minimum. I had a reason for asking that question. I had already seen this RP a while back (or one similar to it) and I thought that there was a first part to it that was finished.

I also realized that I was on my phone so the post looks longer than it really is. So I began to read all of it while waiting for your response. I was already reading the air temple part when you posted. I did not forsee you being all hurt about what I had said. I didn't really mind reading all of it. Also I didn't say that the description was tedious, I said that reading it would be tedious due to some of my issues. But like I said, I didn't mind reading it. All you had to say was to read all of it.

I'm not sure if now I want to join, but if I do decide to join I hope I find a list of your pet peeves so I won't accidentally run into them.

Well you obviously misunderstood me because I did not mean to upset you or give the impression of trying to do the bare minimum. I had a reason for asking that question. I had already seen this RP a while back (or one similar to it) and I thought that there was a first part to it that was finished.

I also realized that I was on my phone so the post looks longer than it really is. So I began to read all of it while waiting for your response. I was already reading the air temple part when you posted. I did not forsee you being all hurt about what I had said. I didn't really mind reading all of it. Also I didn't say that the description was tedious, I said that reading it would be tedious due to some of my issues. But like I said, I didn't mind reading it. All you had to say was to read all of it.

I'm not sure if now I want to join, but if I do decide to join I hope I find a list of your pet peeves so I won't accidentally run into them.
Im not often going to be the one saying something like this but... " I said that reading it would be tedious due to some of my issues." that was not what you said.

"-but... it's kind of tedious to read the whole thing." is what you said. If you had mentioned that there was a reason it would be tedious you might not have gotten the response you did.

Reactions: Lunar❖Franco
I'm sorry @Manaxer I should have quoted what I said differently. But my point is that he said that i referred to the description as tedious, which was not what I meant. Like mentioned, I said "it's kind of tedious to read the whole thing." I guess I implied that he would know what I meant, which was wrong of me.

I'm sorry @Manaxer I should have quoted what I said differently. But my point is that he said that i referred to the description as tedious, which was not what I meant. Like mentioned, I said "it's kind of tedious to read the whole thing." I guess I implied that he would know what I meant, which was wrong of me.
To be fair... your first post seemed like you wanted to a minimum and I don't see how he would have figured out that there was a reason it was tedious without you giving a single reason.

However I'm glad we cleared it up and I'm sure you will be more careful about what you write. Sometimes you need to feed people with the smallest spoon you find

I also said that because I've been in many roleplays that give a long description that doesn't serve a purpose, which they tell us not to read. But anyways, thanks for being the middle man @Manaxer I hope ya'll have success in the RP

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Everything I wrote serves a purpose. That purpose is to inform. All of the information presented is essentially necessary to effectively write in this roleplay to what I would consider acceptable standards, with a few exceptions.

"it's kind of tedious to read the whole thing."

You shouldn't tell others they misunderstood what was clearly wrote. That's not our mistake nor our failure in communication.

Now, I will admit that I did state your claim was that the description was tedious, which was technically not true. I do apologize for the oversight, but it doesn't exactly change the purpose of the sentence.

A list of my top three pet peeves, in order:

1. Inserting a character that is a poor adaptation of another or an unoriginal idea for an RP. I hate to see characters that are merely "general" characters a person uses from RP-to-RP; I feel such dilutes quality and restricts character integration.

2. Intentionally disregarding, ignoring or simply not wanting to read information given, as it is in this OP, that's not terribly time consuming. This is a bit iffy as it's opinionated, but I wrote a lot of information in relatively condensed, succinct paragraphs. Asking me "what you need to know" when I have posted all that you need to know is insulting to me.

3. Taking a statement out of context and altering its meaning. If you have to quote ten paragraphs I wrote because I redefined a word for them, do it. But, don't use a single excerpt from me without knowing its background information. Layers and layers if information is almost always present to provide depth. This applies both IC and OOC.

Any time someone hits one of those pet peeves, I become a very unreasonable and have a permanently bad impression.

Anyway, enjoy your future RP endeavors.

Yes, I feel like I also left a bad impression. It's just that I have never had conflict on social sites and I wasn't thinking straight when I posted my comments. But my lesson learned is to not make implications in my posts and to be thorough.

Reactions: Manaxer
Come back later, and that impression will likely had faded some. I'm not terribly begrudging.

gregg_hoesing_heavyweight.jpg

Male | 23 | Earth Kingdom

Karan-Giri is a buff bard from a tiny village in South East Earth Kingdom. He is an emotional (for better or worse) people person. Karan has a good heart but a bull head. Making jokes and earthbending are his favorite pastimes. Eating is right up there too. He is a "first man in, last man out" kind of person and always seeks to help his friends. He loves to fight. Whether it is a person, tyranny, or for love, he will be there, if he can.

Traits
[BCOLOR=#331800]Earthbending[/BCOLOR]
He had been pushed to train in earth bending, since he was able to walk. While Karan is very strong, and has been trained well, he so far lacks the refinement to be able to move on to master-level bending. His style tends to be more brute force than anything else, by being able to lift more earth than most benders of his level. If compared metaphorically to military terms, he would be a trebuchet.

Two Handed Weapon Proficiency
If it is a weapon that requires to hands, he is most likely familiar with it. Of course, he does tend to lean more towards heavy axes and maces.

Poetry
Karan loves to write, in his spare time. Specifically, he like to write poems for people. Most often, they are a pick me up for a friend of just something to help him get his feelings out and on paper.

Musical Performance
For a man that looks like all he does is lift heavy things, he is actually a great love of art in general. Including poetry, he has artistic passion for singing. Thanks to his mother being a singer herself, she helped honed this love more than anything else.

Relations & Relationships

Father: Bahadah (Living)
Mother: Vichine (Living)
Older Brother (4 years older): Hisne (Living)
Little Brother (6 years younger): Lahram (Living)

History

He was born just Karan, to an Earth Kingdom family. Giri didn't come until much later. The middle of three sons and ended up being the one with the shortest frame. His family genes would put in somewhere in the 6 foot mark but he drew a total of 5'9'' when he was done growing. Both of his brothers? Lahram is 6'4'' and Hisne is 6'2''. "Bastards." Karan would often say.

His parents were a cross-town love story. Both Earth Kingdom and knew each other a long time. Vichine was a frequent performer in the village square and traveled out to other parts of the kingdom. She was very worldly and made coin off of her musical talent. His father was often a fighter in tournaments that was often overseen by the Phoenix Kingdom Police Force and allows illegal betting, gambling, etc. to go on through it. There were two divisions: Bender or Conventional. Conventional just referring to fighting with weapons such as swords and clubs. And either he was good or the competition sucks as he was always a favorite to win it all every time they were held. It was how they met. She performed after one of the tournaments and just took Bahadah by surprize.

They played cat and mouse for months until anything worth noting came about. When they finally married, and she became pregnant with Hisne, they began to argue about his current job. While able to keep them afloat, was not safe for a future father. They argued for weeks, until he gave it up. While they were let go, they always felt the need to look over their shoulders. From there, he become a landscaper, primarily useing his earth bending to give rich, snooty nobles the yard of their dreams. Of course, the upside being that most night could be spent with the pregnant wife.

By the time Karan came into the picture, his father had become a prominent supervisor and saved up large amount of money that half went towards running a music shop Vichine had set up. The other half was stored away from a rainy day. They stayed in their minimal lifestyle. It is how they preferred it.

Much of his early life involved 3 things: Eating, Music, Earthbending.

Both his mother and father took pride in their work and so passed it on to their boys. When they weren't at school, his father encouraged him to come play Earthbending with his brother. When he didn't feel like doing that, there was always Mom who could use help in the shop or taught him a thing or two about music. He was very determined to be the best at both, or at least music since Big Brother had a few years head start in training which was bad when their father let them use actual weapons.

When Lahram was born, Karan felt relieved. He wasn't the baby anymore. Of course, when he outgrew him in height, he became the Little One again. He was often teased for it in school. Instead, he decided that if he couldn't be the tallest, he would be the stoutest. Which is when people started attaching the Giri to his name.

Many nights he would be out lifting large rocks, working himself to the point of exhaustion. And when it wasn't heavy anymore, he moved something heavier. It is what he did. By the time he was 18, he was starting to look like a gladiator. Let us just there were few people who said anything that wasn't nice by that point. Life was simple, but good. Even with all of the tyranny (which his parent stayed out of the best they could), they managed to build a good home. Of course, this was about the time Hisne was getting into some trouble.

Karan's older brother had made his way up the ranks in "The Ring" and was now a regular. It was how he paid for his shack two towns over. He wanted out, but he knew what would happen if he did. They knew his father and where his family slept. The last who even got off scot-free was his father himself. Anyone else were encouraged to come back mysteriously after their house burnt down or they ended up missing for a month. So he ran. Hisne went home.

It wasn't even a week before the shop was smashed. Their father assumed it was them coming back to get him. Mother cried. They tried to fight and it was unfortunate Karan was not there at the time. Fortunately, he only got to see the aftermath. Momma cried. Lahram had his head smashed in. Father's arms were too broken to hold his wife and it was raining. Hard. Windows smashed, earth was broken apart and there was a trail of slight red coming away from the whole scene.

And they way Lahram was going, the shop was going to have a successor. But with the head injury, there wasn't much he could do other than whine and moan at Momma. Karan was at a loss on where his road took him, because he wanted to blaze his own path but didn't know how to. Taking a giant leap of faith, he packed his things and went out to see the world to try and find something else other than hardship.

Years of travel brought him much joy and friendship. However, time and time again he always seemed to Fire or Phoenix or whatever they call themselves doing something that just pissed him the hell off. It inspired him to find his path. That path...lead him to The Rising. Karan-Giri had reached out to them and was given a location to go to, if he was serious. Everything fell into place from there. The Rising has plenty of Earthbenders that go out and create secret huts or bases using their Earthbending to create a secret network for travel. If he learned anything from his father, this would make him perfect for this particular role.

Miscellaneous

I like garlic mashed potatoes.

Last edited:
I'm just dropping this message in to state my interest. It's hard to nail anything down with all these half-ideas swirling around my mind but I'll likely go with a discontent soldier with waning beliefs in his profession. Probably closer to "on the fence" than an outright rebel. I feel like having an internal moral struggle might be an interesting thing to try out, but this is still early days for whatever this character will be called. Knowing me, by the end of his development he might end up being a disabled water-tribesman who just wants a decent pension so he can live out the rest of his days in mild comfort. I actually like that idea, I want to be the old water man. I can just imagine him ranting about kids these days with their equal rights and "advance bending techniques".

I'll probably actually have a sheet done at some point in the future. Who knows what my character will actually be in the end? Totally going with the old man.

Hello there. I would like to join into this RP if that's okay, I'll put up my sheet in a bit. I just wanted to know if there was still room for me.

I've always loved and been fascinated this series, and your story is unbelievably awesome! So much time, creativity, imagination, and hard work put into this thread I really hope it takes off. I love the storyline and I'm very interesting to create a unique character for this RP.

Here's a my sheet. I hope it meets your standards.

a7ae81475705de176936a1eae8e37ca6-d4z9918.png

[Female | 18 | Southern Water Tribe]
Makki is a sarcastic and laid back girl from the Southern Water Tribe. Her first response to anything is a sarcastic quip and a quick smile, which more often than not hides the fact that she stole your purse. Unsurprisingly perhaps, she has a habit of stealing, even unconsciously. IF asked she'll usually return stolen or taken items, but it's very rare that she ever returns them without being prompted to. Makki is very street smart, despite her words and lies about just arriving off the ship. Makki doesn't like talking about her feelings and often prefers actions to words.

Traits
A waterbender of some repute and a masterful thief. Her studies about airbenders has allowed her to be quicker on her feet, but not as quick as anyone who's trained under the master airbenders themselves. She also knows some healing, though it is greatly limited.

Relations & Relationships
Father: Injuquaq (Estranged)
Mother: Siku (Deceased)
Sister: Miki (Estranged)
Mentor: Gomi (Deceased)
Friends:
Ratna (Deceased)
Akane (Deceased)
Pukiq (Deceased)

History
Makki was born to a Northern Water Tribe woman who had come to bring waterbending back to the south pole. While there she met a man named Injuquaq and quickly became engaged to him after several years of dating and both moved back to the Northern Water Tribe. However, he could not bend and was extremely against benders.

Siku, Makki's Mother, was part of the faction that believed that waterbending should be a part of the Southern Water Tribe once more, and she also wished to escape the constricting sexist traditions that circled the entirety of the Northern Water Tribe. Siku had been trained as most women waterbenders were in the north pole, using water for healing and not attacking. Despite this she believed that she could teach others how to use this power in the south pole. Siku was just off the ship to arrive when she ran into Injuquaq, a man who was selling fish at the market.

Injuquaq grew up in the Phoenix Kingdom clutches, and had nearly been burned by several firebenders who claimed to have been part of the Phoenix Kingdom. As time went on, Injuquaq began to connect bending to power, and he believed that power was corrupting good and honest people into filth and criminals. He voiced this opinion only after Siku and he were married and with child.

When Siku discovered this, she vowed to keep the fact that she was a waterbender a secret from him, however long it took. Makki was born first, and as soon as she showed promise with waterbending at five years of age, her mother quickly told Makki to never allow her father to know about her waterbending. Siku trained Makki in healing and medicinal uses for waterbending, teaching her in secret from her father. When Makki was six, Miki was born and Makki's mother died from childbirth, leaving Makki without a teacher for waterbending in the whole tribe.

Makki decided to run away when she was ten, frustrated by her inability to learn more about waterbending on her own, only to be caught by her father shortly before she left the house. Makki, in a fit of rage accidentally water bended her father into their wall. She tried to explain it was an accident, but her father quickly told her to simply leave and never come back. With her little bag on her back she headed for the Northern Water Tribe colonies. There she found a mentor and a way of living.

Her mentor taught her how to use waterbending for attacking and fighting, which Makki quickly grew skilled at. He also taught her how to steal without being caught and how to live on not much money. Her mentor had always believed the current Avatar, the one under influence from the Phoenix Kingdom, to be the false Avatar and that the real one was out there somewhere. Makki picked up on this belief quickly, thinking that maybe she was the avatar. Her mentor become more of a father figure as she grew older and Makki believed that her old father was just a nightmare...

Until she reached fourteen. That was when her mentor passed away, leaving Makki alone and without a home once more. The young vagabond headed for the air temples next, hoping to find relaxation with the monks, as well as trying to find out if she could bend air. She knew that airbending after waterbending was out of the cycle, but she wanted to know if she could do it or not, because the Avatar could bend any element without training.

After a few months of trying to airbend, Makki grew frustrated with herself, having not bended the air at all in her time there. Her delusion of grandeur had reached it's end, and Makki didn't want the monks to know her true purpose at the air temple. So she blamed them for being too weak in the war with the old Fire Nation and left in a huff, never looking back.

She decided to go to the Earth Nation next, simply because it had more Phoenix Nation presence to annoy and hide within and held possible work for her to do. She didn't care about any particular destination to go to, and simply boarded the soonest ship she could book.

That was when she arrived at Omashu, the city that was rife with fun, other bender kids, and a way to live without having to do too much manual labor. As she stayed in the city, she picked up younger kids who had been thrown out of their homes or ran away as she had. Slowly they became her new family, they stole together and Makki showed the ones that could waterbend how she learned.

Everything was going well for three years in Omashu. Makki managed to steal enough for everyone to eat every night and she enjoyed the feeling she had when they all worked together to steal or get food. One day Makki went out for cabbages -half to annoy the peddler and half because they needed them- and returned to discover that Phoenix Nation troops had stormed the home, leaving no one inside alive. Her entire gang had been wiped out, leaving Makki alone again.

Makki vowed vengeance against the troops for her once again broken family. She vowed that she would make every Phoenix Nation imperial pay for what they did to her family, and has been on the warpath ever since.

Last edited:
OkitaSoujifull817501.jpg

[Male | 16 | Nomad (fugitive)| Airbender]
Krane Elba is a confident and intelligent young airbender that was originally from the Fire Nation. Harped on for his attention to the physical beauty of the opposite gender and his inability to focus on the enlightenment of air, Krane never could quite follow the traditional methods of airbending. He didn't share their mentality, either. He loved the finer aspects of palace life, the influence he had due to his connections, but most of all, he found a personal amount of enthrallment by none other than Princess Azula herself. While she was undoubtedly manipulative and malicious at times, Krane spent his childhood with her and was able not only to outperform her in several fields, but was capable of easing her down from her moments of manic insanity.​

It was actually this influence over her in combination with his beliefs that caused him to become a fugitive. Krane is intelligent, easily on the level of the prodigious Azula, but he was not completely enamored by the life he lived. He enjoyed it, but he could see how the Fire Nation prospered off the toils of the Earth Kingdom and efforts of the Southern Water Tribe, even if the latter benefited as well. He believed that everyone should be able to live like them or at least live on a closer level. Upon sharing these ideals with Azula whom shared them with Lu Ten, Krane was ultimately attempted to be arrested. He fled for his life, leaving the Fire Nation and now firmly believing in their corruption.

Traits
Krane has a unique variant of airbending developed by training alongside firebenders for a majority of his life, most notably Azula. Krane is quite capable with the airbending basics, but his most notable skills come from compression. Krane was able to replicate master-level firebending techniques through Airbending, most specifically jet propulsion and pressurized fire streams. Creating these techniques and mastering them himself, Krane has a unique fighting style using compressed air. His 'air beams' can slash through trees and solid rock. If charged into a ball, then shot as stream, they can even penetrate rock, metal and ice. Additionally, Krane can augment his own speed and force to amplify his regular techniques greatly with pressurized air and even isolate all damage to one point. This technique is further proven in his ability to create air slashes with a sword, techniques that the weaponless airbending masters would have never considered. Although he is far from a master, his destructive force may be on par with one. Krane once boasted to have developed the first advanced airbending techniques since former Avatar Aang nearly a hundred years prior.​
Relationships
Karen Elba is his mother, and takes care of his siblings. Estranged.
Tolaf Elba is his father, and serves as a secretary to Iroh. Estranged.
Princess Azula was once a close friend and arguably a romantic interest.
Prince Zuko found himself jealous of Krane for his skill and Azula's admiration.
Lu Ten has a deep disdain of Krane, as he is a liability from a militant perspective.

Krane is a third-generation airbender born in the Fire Nation. He spent almost all of his young life in the Little Air Temple within the Fire Nation Capitol, and for eight years was thought to be the only child his parents would have. The Elba family had served the Fire Lord since Ozai ruled, and was kept around faithfully by Iroh whom even moved them closer to the palace and allowed them more important duties. It made sense that the oldest son of the Elba family, Krane, would become a friend of even the Prince and Princess, albeit Zuko was far less enthralled by him than his sister. Zuko was a proud firebender, albeit not an expressively good one, thus an airbender hardly interested him. It remained that way until recent years when Krane and Azula became prodigious in their respective bending styles and particularly close. At that point, Zuko had became jealous of Krane as he almost always had the attention of his sister, whom only gave him attention to prove her superiority or torture him.

Krane spent his youth playing with and training alongside Zuko and Azula. Trained by their older cousin, Lu Ten, both were pushed through hard, diligent training. Krane spent his time training within the Little Air Temple, but he spent almost as much time learning about firebending and being subjected to the same training Lu Ten put his royal cousins through. Iroh himself saw no harm in this. Educating the allies of the Fire Lord in firebending, in his opinion, would only prove to strengthen the bonds between the two as the styles provided a deep understanding of their culture. Although not a firebender, Krane understood how firebending worked as a martial art and as a bending style due to this, and attained the admiration of Azula due to his perfect execution of techniques despite the obvious lack of fire. Lu Ten also became increasingly aware of Krane and his relationship with Azula over the years.

As those same years past, Krane took up duties within the city and gained an understanding of the internal affairs, realizing Azula and Zuko were quite ignorant to how the city was actually ran. He was incredibly close to Azula by this point; they spent a significant amount of their spare time together. So close, in fact, that they sparred intensely and both revealed their more advanced techniques, and even learned to fight against them. Azula could use her agility and knew to keep close to Krane while Krane developed a technique to ionize air to derail Lightning. They complimented each other well, and Krane generally only won due to his age. It could be speculated there would have been a blooming romance or there in fact was one at this point. One so much that Krane thought he could confide his feelings about the Fire Nation to Azula. Azula, however, hardly understood this and expressed her questions to Lu Ten.

Lu Ten was enraged by these questions and the audacity of the young airbender. Lu Ten caught Krane unaware, arresting him for treason and intending to take him to Iroh himself to see what would need done. Azula, frantic in fear for Krane, turned on Lu Ten, disabling him with a bolt of lightning. It wouldn't matter. Krane was a wanted individual now and Azula had assaulted Lu Ten. This type of internal dispute would be solved simply by eliminating the problem. On that day, Krane ran. He fled the Capitol, he fled the nation and he became a fugitive. He didn't say goodbye to his parents. He didn't get watch his younger brother, Seru, or his younger sister, Tali, grow up. His old life was over. After his chase and a year of soul searching, Krane joined the Rising through Uquo himself. One might say Uquolaan reached out to him. The information that Krane possessed and familiarity with the Fire Nation made him an especially useful asset, as well as his airbending techniques. Krane has spent the last year of his life assisting Uquo with the resistance, and contemplating what he left behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say the word and I'll go post in the IC, otherwise, I'll wait for your go ahead Prince.

Go ahead and post, and I'll see how I can work with it :D

Not gonna lie, half the battle right now is reading the whole thing.
But I will and work out how I'm gonna get into this. Somehow.