Aurora's Gift (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill have my CS up later on today, I have the ability fully thought out and it will be based off of a show that I watch, hope that doesn't discourage anyone ^.^

While I have not mentioned it in Kate's superpower description itself, I have decided to not include such manipulation of the pain sense. As if she had that she could pretty much instantly make someone drop over in pain, or kill them. Overpowered, yes? I would think so. But the hallucinations, yep.

While I have not mentioned it in Kate's superpower description itself, I have decided to not include such manipulation of the pain sense. As if she had that she could pretty much instantly make someone drop over in pain, or kill them. Overpowered, yes? I would think so. But the hallucinations, yep.
If you can just cause pain like that instantly then yes its op.

HOWEVER...

if you make it so that you can pretend to hurt them (lets say with an imaginary sword) then its not op.

If you can just cause pain like that instantly then yes its op.

HOWEVER...

if you make it so that you can pretend to hurt them (lets say with an imaginary sword) then its not op.

That just goes in with hallucinations though, if someone thought Kate had a gun then MAYBE that would be enough to extinguish a fight, maybe.

How about balancing it between the two. She can cause hallucinations of pain, but only proportional to her visual illusion skills, so if she "shot" someone with a gun, then they'd feel like they'd be shot but wouldn't actually take damage? That way she can still hold her ground against someone who's resistant to visual illusions, but has to actually be able to perform the appropriate attack.

e0cb5b3d985c44a2285c8926c82371d4.jpg
Matthew Miller
divider.png

Appearance: Matthew is a physically fit young man, Medium build, Ashen hair (The reason for the lack of pigment in his hair is obviously due to the fact the pheomelanin has broken down, but the reason for the breaking down of pheomelanin is unclear His hair used to be a dark brown until he turned 10, then the white hair began to take its place) Red eyes (which are only recently red due to the gain of his new abilities after the aurora event) He stands to be 5'10 and has a rather relaxed posture.

divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns_d353f7e_by_sugarfinch-d6l8f55.png
Description of powers

Blood manipulation: For this ability to really work, Matthew must draw blood from his body, no one else. Once blood is drawn he can bend it to his will freely. His blood (once drawn) can crystallize and create solid structures or even become a strong gelatin like structure, basically anything that Matthew can think of. Now of course, your probably thinking "A human body only has so much blood" Well, his blood can change its density when creating these structures to allow for larger objects, without losing its durability. But even Matthews bone marrow can immediately produce blood cells when needed, but eventually it will hit the limit, and begin to put a strain on his body. Consequences can vary, from being lightheaded, fainting, chest pains, and even death if pushed way beyond the limits. As of now, Matthew can only draw blood in small amounts and use it mainly as projectiles, eventually his ability to make larger structures will come to him in due time, with a little practice of course.

to give you guys an image of what it would look like. because I know ya'll like to look at the pictures rather than the text lol.

c81eddb129098a15276140ef8dbf0f9d32bccd2d_hq.gif

tumblr_mp4tzlDgSS1swxj00o7_r1_500.gif

65ef3c28e0d31a3c0a8dffb9fa14be77854d285d_hq.gif
1305427767825968289fancy-divider-md.png
Personality:
-uses vulgarity for his first language
-Sarcastic
-laid back
-Can be quite cocky
-despite his first impressions, does have his moral beliefs which fall on the "good" side of the spectrum, even if he needs to cause a little chaos, because that's always fun

Backstory:
What has been noted about him

-was an only child
-mother and father were barely present in his childhood due to work
-was in college for veterinarian science
-worked as a cashier at a local corner store
-has superb knowledge about computer systems (his hobby)
-age 19

dividerFancy.png

Just saying, blood based projectiles are a very bad idea to start on. Assuming he can already do the sonic speed projectile thing, he's only going to have maybe 30 shots absolute maximum before he's having problems staying awake. Unfortunately, for projectiles, making them have a very low density to conserve blood won't work - if a projectile is too light, it won't fly properly. Think paper planes - there's no way it would be possible to throw a paper plane fast enough to do damage to something.

An idea to try though, that I use on my blood-based characters. He could have "donations" of his blood taken, and then keep the samples as kind of ammo cartridges which he can draw blood from. Since it still classifies as his own blood, logically speaking it probably works.

• Thank You
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Just saying, blood based projectiles are a very bad idea to start on. Assuming he can already do the sonic speed projectile thing, he's only going to have maybe 30 shots absolute maximum before he's having problems staying awake. Unfortunately, for projectiles, making them have a very low density to conserve blood won't work - if a projectile is too light, it won't fly properly. Think paper planes - there's no way it would be possible to throw a paper plane fast enough to do damage to something.

An idea to try though, that I use on my blood-based characters. He could have "donations" of his blood taken, and then keep the samples as kind of ammo cartridges which he can draw blood from. Since it still classifies as his own blood, logically speaking it probably works.
SEE I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING XD

But in all seriousness, I wasn't planning on having the projectiles be less dense, since technically he's just starting off, this is all he can do, and I like the fact that he becomes dizzy, and tired from shooting theses projectiles. Eventually making him want to look for an alternative, such as the blades :) I don't want him starting out strong, but rather weak, and gradually learn how to properly use his abilities.

But I did want to say earlier about how fascinating your character's ability is, its quite original as I have never seen someone create an ability such as yours. Its very refreshing and creative especially around a roleplay such as this where being creative with the powers is needed, and many end up having similar, or the same abilities/powers :3

Okay, I took an actual look t the abilities listed, and these are the ones I would prefer that you get rid of, or at the very least restrict, please.

Binding: The ability to restrict the movements of others via the mind.
Download: The ability to quickly process, store, or download information through another's mind.
Emotion Manipulation: The ability to make one feel pleased, happy, pained, or any other emotion.
Knowledge Projection: The ability to project knowledge onto another mind.
Knowledge Replication: The ability to replicate the learned knowledge and skills of others.
Memory Reading: The ability to read the target's memories.
Mind Control: The ability to manipulate the minds of other via thought process.
Mind Image: The ability to project one's image to the mind of another.
Mind Link: The ability to develop a permanent mental bond with any person, also called imprinting.
Mind Melding: The ability to fuse one's consciousness with another.
Mind Walking: The ability to enter the mind of another.
Neurocognitive Deficit: The ability to shut down an opponent's higher brain function.
Psychic Inhibitors: The ability to place inhibitors in the mind to limit target's capabilities.
Psychic Navigation: The ability to create a mental map of the area.
Psychic Torture: The ability to torture victims mentally and spiritually.
Speaking Inducement: The ability to make others say whatever one wants.
Telepathic Combat: The ability to use telepathy in physical combat
Telepathic Hijacking: The ability to hijack telepathic communication.
Telepathic Prediction: The ability to know an opponent's moves and attacks by reading their brain waves.
Thought Manifestation: The ability to make ones thoughts visible to all.
Thought Manipulation: The ability to control the thoughts of others.
Master Level

Darkside View: The ability to communicate with and bring out the dark side of a person's personality.
Consciousness Transferal: The ability to transfer one's mind to a new body.
Lightside View: The ability to communicate with and bring out the good side of a person's personality.
Mental Manipulation: The ability to manipulate functions of the mind.
Mind Exchange: The ability to transfer one's mind into another's body, taking control of that body.
Psychosomatic Illusion: The ability to create powerful illusions that may cause severe physical damage.
Subconscious Manipulation: The ability to manipulate the subconscious.
Ultimate Level

Mental Projection: The ability to project thoughts into reality.
Mindscape Transportation: The ability to transport physical matter into one's conscious or subconscious thoughts.
Omnipathy: The ability to read the thoughts of billions or more subjects at once.
She doesn't have those yet I want to work up to some of those powers, as I had previously posted in the expansion of the powers she does have. I like to let the GM know where I'm going with the character. I don't like the whole mind control power either it makes me work harder and I'm all about work smarter not harder.

Last edited:
I am a she, but I don't mind "it". I find it oddly appropriate given the avatar :D

As I just told the GM, I'm pretty good at coming up with unique abilities. I got bored of generic ones after a while, so I like to come up with crazy ideas. Often I'll search for a random item on wikipedia and try and develop an ability based on that. That's what I did this time, with the randomly generated wiki page being "nitrogen".

I just did another random search, for the hell of it. Got an incredibly brief article on a species of snail:
Cocculina fenestrata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aaw 3.3mm maximum shell length. That's so cute :D
As for coming up with an ability based on it: (This is not a final version, just a quick first draft)
Tactical Retreat - The user has a sort of pocket dimension which stores various materials. As a defensive tactic, the user may instantly build a very tough box around themselves, which is impervious to a good deal of physical attacks and all fire and lightning oriented magical ones.

Last edited:
-Le Snip-
Accepted, Welcome!

She doesn't have those yet I want to work up to some of those powers, as I had previously posted in the expansion of the powers she does have. I like to let the GM know where I'm going with the character. I don't like the whole mind control power either it makes me work harder and I'm all about work smarter not harder.
Oh, I know. I'm just saying that those are the powers I don't really want her to abtain, but I guess Mind control is the only for sure no-no one.

• Love
@ QwibQwib Some of those powers to open in role play (and the one's I'm interested in):

Download: The ability to quickly process, store, or download information through another's mind.

Emotion Manipulation: The ability to make one feel pleased, happy, pained, or any other emotion.
Knowledge Projection: The ability to project knowledge onto another mind.
Knowledge Replication: The ability to replicate the learned knowledge and skills of others.
Memory Reading: The ability to read the target's memories.
Mind Link: The ability to develop a permanent mental bond with any person, also called imprinting.
Mind Melding: The ability to fuse one's consciousness with another.
Psychic Inhibitors: The ability to place inhibitors in the mind to limit target's capabilities.
Telepathic Combat: The ability to use telepathy in physical combat
Telepathic Hijacking: The ability to hijack telepathic communication.
Telepathic Static: The ability to project telepathic static.
Psychic Shield: The ability to erect a psychic shield to protect the minds of oneself and/or others.

Telepathic Prediction: The ability to know an opponent's moves and attacks by reading their brain waves.
Darkside View: The ability to communicate with and bring out the dark side of a person's personality.
Lightside View: The ability to communicate with and bring out the good side of a person's personality.
Subconscious Manipulation: The ability to manipulate the subconscious.

Last edited:
Well if you really want those ones I suppose, they don't have such glaring problems as mind control. Go ahead and keep them.

Reactions: Almalthia
I am a she, but I don't mind "it". I find it oddly appropriate given the avatar :D

As I just told the GM, I'm pretty good at coming up with unique abilities. I got bored of generic ones after a while, so I like to come up with crazy ideas. Often I'll search for a random item on wikipedia and try and develop an ability based on that. That's what I did this time, with the randomly generated wiki page being "nitrogen".

I just did another random search, for the hell of it. Got an incredibly brief article on a species of snail:
Cocculina fenestrata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aaw 3.3mm maximum shell length. That's so cute :D
As for coming up with an ability based on it: (This is not a final version, just a quick first draft)
Tactical Retreat - The user has a sort of pocket dimension which stores various materials. As a defensive tactic, the user may instantly build a very tough box around themselves, which is impervious to a good deal of physical attacks and all fire and lightning oriented magical ones.
I forbid you from using wiki... you might destroy the world with your findings.

Reactions: Almalthia
We're at five people, and not all of us are going to start at the facility.. so currently I am a little unsure how to start it..

so who will start at the facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.