ATTN: Gamers! E3 2010 is wrapping up! (Coverage inside!)

Delnoir

A Relic of a Bygone Era
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Well, for those of you who didn't know, the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010 is winding down in its last day as I type this. I can't really know if anyone else has been keeping up on coverage of this annual video game press conference, but let me touch on a few things.

A new Donkey Kong Country from Retro Studios, the brains behind the Metroid Prime series!
New Fallout New Vegas footage!
Kirby returns to the Wii as does Kid Icarus!
Star Wars: The Old Republic has a new trailer!
Some insight to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Multiplayer and single player aspects discussed!
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds demo!
Little Big Planet 2!
Final Fantasy XIV (Its an MMO mind you)!
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep!

The scary part? I'm only scratching the surface of this video game goliath. If you want to take a look at Gamespot's coverage of the CONSTANTLY released news on all the latest games and updates on ones you might already be aware of!

Consider this the E3 discussion thread.

I don't think my internet will handle gamespot's advertisement bombardment tactics.

So just spill the beans if there's any news on MGS: Rising & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

*JUST FOUND THIS*

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZN_qF2fxx0k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZN_qF2fxx0k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CASTLEVANIA CO-OP!!!!

*Is so happy right now*

I was really hoping they'd make Rising a slasher.

And LoS looks like it's becoming a longer & longer game.

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about Zelda. They kept hinting that this was going to be a departure from the tropes of the old games (or as I like to put it, the same game they've been updating and re-releasing for a couple decades now), but as is Nintendo's tendancy, they've gone for the lazy option. Though the Kirby game is a step in the right direction, I will admit.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looks interesting, however. I was skeptical when they announced multiplayer for the series, but they're taking a unique approach to it. Just hope it actually plays well. I'm already psyched about New Vegas, it must be said. And I'm thinking The Old Republic may well be the first MMO I'll ever really get into.

Now, Kinect. It's Microsoft trying to break Nintendo's hold on the casual gamer market, but hell, it might just fucking work. They have a solid line-up and the technology's got a lot of possibilities. Sorta like the Wii at the start.

Hopefully Microsoft won't fuck it up like Nintendo did.

Eh, the Wii overall is good.

Personally looking forward to Fable three. Kirby sounds cool, and Legend of Zelda games have a habit of being good.

3ds sounds kinda like the future has started jumping into real life again.

In all likelyhood the only one I may end up spending money on would be Fable 3 (damn it coming out just after my birthday!)

fable three fothermuckers.

oh,a dn lets not forget the space marine 3rd person game.

that will smash and rip! tear everything

Ah, over the course of the last three years, my reaction has gone from, "OH BOY! E3!" down to a horror filled, "OH GOD NO, E3."

This one was no different. Time for a new hobby.

The press conferences this year were so underwhelming (or just made me want to find the nearest baby and punch it in the face, in the case of Microsoft's). O_o Which is strange, 'cause the actual games that were either debuted, or were shown looked fantastic.

Even Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 looked like a blast, after you get past the initial revulsion at Fatshark's blasphemous inclusion of jumping into the game.

fable three fothermuckers.

oh,a dn lets not forget the space marine 3rd person game.

that will smash and rip! tear everything

Space Marine better have multiplayer. if so, expect minimal sleep, and maximum heretic slaughtering.

*has extreme MANLY reactions to Lords of Shadow, Harmony of Despair and MGS: Rising trailers*

Ah~. . .

Chaos if you ever read this Metroid Other M is actually suppose to tie up the gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. Other M is really not part of prime at all *well I got this info a few weeks ago now so not sure if you already herd or not, or if someone else posted about it... oh well should stop thinking now* anyway From what I herd is that Metroid Other M is suppose to come out on August 31st 2010 *I know it isn't needed but I put the year in anyway.*

Nintendo won, so many good titles and some that were surprising. Sony should have saved more surprises. Microsoft, well. Maybe have some more interesting games with Kinect at least instead of all that goofy crap? Skittles? The dancing nerd? Not as bad as Ravi playing the drums for Wii music but still pretty sad.

Oh well, MS did have more titles that interested me than Sony. That upcoming Castlevania for XBLA looks to be interesting.

what's betting they fuck castlevania up? isn't Hideo Kojima on the payroll for it?

expect longer-than-gameplay-time-length cutscenes to break up the good adventuring action!

He's the executive producer, and aside from some creative input (he's responsible for Gabriel not looking like some medieval Kratos), he isn't all that involved in the game.

He's the executive producer, and aside from some creative input (he's responsible for Gabriel not looking like some medieval Kratos), he isn't all that involved in the game.

I'm thankful Gabriel doesn't resemble Kratos or any of the STEROID heroes they've had lately that look like walking fridges. It just looks silly to me.