Atrinita Town- "The city of Heroes"

Erexia smiled slightly and finished the cupcake. "I'm A Balverikon, it's an ancient black-blooded creature. But I have an elemental power over Darkness and Electric. My wings might not seem like it but they are able to keep me and about... 60kg in the air~!" She said happily, looking over Valerie. "And you~?"

Valerie was genuinely impressed. Back in her village, there were not much winged creatures, let alone Balverikon. It was rare, and she was stunned. "Umm, I just pass through solids, that's all," she muttered in reply, making herself go through the bench and through trees. By the time she got back, she ended up sitting beside the other winged person, slumping and panting. Sure, she had a power surge, but using the power immediately after consuming the cupcake made her feel tired all of a sudden. "I think..." she began, "that I showed too soon." She soon fell asleep, leaning on the back of the bench with her mouth wide open.
(OOC: I'LL BE OUT FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND, I AM SORRY, THIS IS MY LAST POST FOR NOW!)

((sorry for the late post, had things to do. A lot of things.))

Jadar looks at the Balverikon,utterly amazed. He thought they were an extinct race, died out ages ago. With the discovery of her elemental power, he was curious as ever. He had power over shadow, and she controlled darkness... oh, the possibilities. One of his powers was a spell known as Essence Drain, a spell that could transfer the very essence of a person to fuel himself, or just their powers. This could be beneficial to him... For now, he decided, he would befriend the rare, odd creature/person. "I apologize if I seemed too up-front. I am Jadar. It's nice to meet you,...?"

Erexia jolted slightly, looking over at Jadar with a small smile, "E-Er... Hi.. I-I'm Erexia." She said, bowing her head in respect. She felt something dark from him and her tail crackled with lightning.

Jadar noticed her tail crackle, and that usually meant she was preparing for 'fight or flight', from his experience. He chuckled reassuringly, "There is no need to be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you. I may be of Evil Blood, but that doesn't make me an evil person." The Dimir were commonly known as Evil Bloods, as it was in their nature to kill others, steal, lie, cheat, backstab, and other malicious activities. The blood red goat-like horns protruding from his temples glistened in the sunlight. He was not used to being out of darkness for this long, but for the sake of curiosity, he powered through it.

Erexia was still wary but smiled happily, "Alright... But I have to say... Try anything and you could possibly get hurt..." She said with a small frown before smiling again. "I have reflexes which make me attack when threatened...."

Jadar looked at her as though she were kidding. "You... do realize you're talking to a Dimir, right? I can handle myself. Besides, you need not worry about trouble from me. I'll only attack you if you start it." He laughed a bit before adding, "That's when you'd get hurt. Let's agree not to start trouble?" He reaches his hand out to shake hers and seal the deal.

Erexia nodded and shook hi hand with a huge smile, "Deal~ And I'm not the kind of person to tart a fight, which isn't needed~" She said happily, tail twitching.

"I'm sorry, but Trouble happens to be my middle name," the smooth tenor trickled from the nearest alley. Axel sauntered up beside the Dimir, shamelessly and fearlessly using the creature's shoulder as a crutch. The fair skinned dark elf's left ear twitched playfully, silver hair almost translucent in the bright of the daylight. He grinned at the Dimir and removed his immediate presence from shadow user's person and stood straight. Contrary to popular belief, those of direct eflin lineage were tall and graceful rather than short, stumpy and ungainly. Axel's face belied his true gender sometimes, having pretty much taken his mother's facial features in tandem with his naturally slender body. His hair, he knew, was quite long, and so he kept it wound in a rather large bun at the back of his head, the shortest of strands left to flail helplessly in the wind.
Around said bun, glinting in the light, were curved yet hair-thin blades.
And as menacing as those weapons should be, his carefree stance and attitude made it almost impossible to take seriously.
The dark elf slouched where he stood and looked around at the small gathering.
"So who might you you people be?" After all, it wasn't often so many anomalies met in the City of Heroes.

Erexia bowed politely to the new figure with a smile, "I am Erexia. And you my god sir?" She asked with a smile, she yawned slightly before looking up as the sun slowly started to disappear along the horizon.

"Axel," he said with a tiny, awkward mockery of a salute. He'd grown so accustomed to dropping his self-appointed name, it nearly esacaped him what his true title was. It was best forgotten, at that. He stepped forward and took Erexia's free hand, bending slightly to plant a light kiss at the back of her palm. "A pleasure, Miss Erexia." He stepped back and followed her gaze, his usually slate gray eyes a glimmering opal as they moved over the orange ball.

Erexia blushed slightly, her ears drooped down slightly and her tail twitches with a slight lightning crackle. "Eheh... It's nice to meet you Axel... Kay, if you don't mind me asking... What exactly are you?"

Valerie never imagined that she'd meet people like these in her life. Much less elves! She personally believed that tale her neighbors said about elves being short, but this elf intimidated her, for some reason. She shrank back behind a tree, but because her mind was set on backing away, she ended up teleporting and tumbling past the other side of the tree.
"Damn it, it keeps happening!" she muttered, embarrassed. "What the hell's wrong with me today?"

"An elf," Axel anwered. "A dark elf, to be precise. It's not often I meet a Balverikon," he added. "Thanks to books and pictures, they're easier to spot."

His right ear twitched and his attention was diverted to a fallen girl near a tree.

"Is the ground alright over there?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jadar was shocked by the sudden intrusion, which is why he stayed quiet. Frickin' Elves. Jadar had a deep resentment towards elves. Especially the short, stereotypical ones. This one was tall, however, so he was less angry. The Dimir and Dark Elves have never gotten along, and no one knows why. They only know it's true. He had to refrain from being a complete jackass, as though he might be evil, he did not like to be rude around friendly people, like Erexia. He wasn't strong, so he couldn't have overpowered the elf, and he wasn't fast, so he couldn't overwhelm him. He could have shadow-possessed him, making his own shadow fight him. But... he didn't. He had no reason to, aside from an interruption. Thus he swallowed his rage and attempted to get to know the elf. "Hello, Axel, I am Jadar. Shadowmancer. Why might you be here?"

"Is the ground alright over there?" she heard the elf ask.
Valerie sighed, scratching her head. "It's the person that's got something wrong, not the ground," she muttered, walking back to them. "Wait a moment, why are we all here again?" she wondered aloud, silently offering the elf a cupcake. "Last one, take it."

Erexia chuckled slightly, her tail swaying to the side and her ears drooping sideways slightly, "Well... I'm looking for a place to stay for the night... Then ran into you three..." She said with a smile, rubbing her head slightly, "I'm not sure about you guys..." Her ears then pricked up as she heard the sound of what she thought were dragon wings, it was a faint sound but it then disappeared.

Axel took the offered cupcake and and took a bite. "Thanks," he said around half a mouthful. He looked over to the one who introduced himself as Jadar. /he knew the discrepancy between his and their kind, and while it was fun to pick a well-placed battle with them when they're angry, it wasn't his style to instigate violence and rage upon himself.

"Hey, Shadow Man," he greeted. Doing away with the rest of the cupcake, he shrugged. "I wander around. Saw you people, dropped by to invade conversation and personal space. This lovely new face here was the icing on the cake," he added, glancing at Erexia before returning his gaze to the Dimir. "So to speak, of course."

Erexia blushed darkly, feeling flattered. She didn't know if she should like the flattery or feel slightly afraid. She looked up into the sky as the moon rose and her fur stuck up nearly on end.

Jadar still didn't seem too happy about the sudden intrusion. "I'm here because I was told there was a Gathering here. I suppose I was wrong." He shrugged. "Oh well." He pulled something that looked like charred wood from a pocket in his coat and began eating it. "Hm. Ash rations are not as good as the real stuff, but they work."