Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Modern, Magical
The Fires of Fate

Yazuru. Azuma. Soza. Osazi.

Our parents used to tell us stories of the old days, a time of peace when the Fire Lord Kenshizo kept balance between the Fire Princes, who each strove for power over the other. But that all changed with the Fire Lord's final days. Only he could have declared an heir. Only he kept his sons from warring with each other and tearing the unstable Fire Nation apart. But when the people needed him most, he died. A hundred weeks have passed, and there is still no clear victor set to take the throne. Two weeks ago, a new prince began gaining popularity among the common people. Azokan may not have much experience, but his siblings see him as a threat. So the young prince has been kidnapped to be removed from the picture. But I don't believe that he's gone forever.
I believe that Azokan will become
the next Fire Lord.
@rissa @Doctor Jax @CloudyBlueDay

Last edited:
Azokan

For all his lineage being linked with the sun and land, there was something comforting about the sea. There was the almost motherly lull of waves, the bright freedom of wind over the horizon, the sun beating down on his head as he looked over the gunwale. The islands off the coast of the Fire Nation were a nice touch as well. Any other time, this would've been a great little jaunt to see the Ember Isle or even one of the tiny inlets. It was a pity they had to waste such fine weather.

"Fire Prince Azokan, I am nervous about heading out much further to the south. Your brothers Azuma and Soza have--"

"Yes, yes, General. I know about their blockade," Azokan drawled in a bored tone.

The twins, of course, were not about to let Yazuru keep his trade routes open. They only had enough boats among the peasants they kept company with to patrol the South, but what they could manage to get their hands on was enough for Yazuru to seriously consider sending out his own fleet after them. Azokan glanced back at the aging general, whose beard was so sharply trimmed it seemed like it could cut paper, and he waved a hand.

"I doubt they'll attempt to attack a royal navy ship. Keep our current heading. Meanwhile, I'm going to stay up here and enjoy the sunshine," Azokan sighed happily, leaning against the gunwale of the small -- but lavish -- ship Yazuru had let him borrow. He was honestly quite surprised that his oldest brother hadn't put giant holes in the hull, so as to sink his youngest brother in an 'unfortunate' boating accident, but Azokan guessed that even Yazuru wasn't about to try and kill Kali's favorite son, not with her still in his stronghold.

Azokan's expression soured just as the General stated, "Sir, I believe we--"

"Funny, General, I don't recall your name being on this boat. Hm? I want to see Bone Isle. I've heard there's a man there who makes excellent birdfish stew. Tell your men to steer towards it."

"But -- sir, that's quite far out of the navy's reach. If we run into trouble, there won't be much your Excellency's fleet can do," complained the General, and Azokan pursed his lips as he turned around to lean his back against the gunwale.

"What's life without a little danger?" asked Azo with a slight smirk.

Ilesh Satish
Aboard the Kushala,
ten kilometers off the coast of Bone Isle

The sea breeze smelled nice today. Ilesh stood at the helm of his small ship, guiding the Kushala through the uncharacteristically mirror-like surface of ocean. Above her, the white feathers of hungry seagulls flashed against the sky's blue backdrop, lost occasionally against the bone coloration of the clouds. It was a good day. A gentle day, undisturbed by any sight or report of their prey. Which was just the way Ilesh liked it.

If he were honest, the self-styled Captain Satish didn't really want to find the Fire Prince. It was a dangerous job, by all reports, and Ilesh still couldn't figure for all his consideration why he of all people had been contacted for the job of kidnapping Azokan. There were far more well known pirates for consideration. Enough danger had been had as it was: breaking his two crew members from the Earth Kingdom Bender Facilities had been nerve wracking, and he'd felt certain the other guards would see the lines of sweat that were almost a steady flow down his forehead as he nosed about pretending to be about his duty.

Yet it had gone off with as little hitch as could be expected in such things, and both Kaito and Akasha had been rescued and were now on his ship... Somewhere. He shrugged at the thought. Whatever they were doing, they must think it important. Leaning forward against the tiller, Ilesh cradled his bearded chin within his lazy hands and dreamed of plundering some unsuspecting merchant freighter.

@rissa @CloudyBlueDay

The weather was pleasant. The sun's warmth was a lingering embrace and the salty sea breeze was a long kiss in the afternoon sky. Akasha glided through the clouds, dewdrops clinging to the fabric of her robes, soaking them, before the rushing air and heat of the sun whisked them away. In the sky, with the music of wind in her ears, the surreal painting of the earth below, and the random encounters with sea-birds made her yearn for something more… something better and more righteous than kidnapping one of the Fire Princes.

And yet, Akasha thought to herself as she closed the wings to her glider and plummeted down towards the Kushala, there were worst things she could be doing too.

She landed softly, with barely a thud to signal her arrival. Twirling her staff, Akasha made her way towards the lounging captain. Smiling softly and rather fondly, she bowed her head in his direction and then nodded towards the sky.

"There's a ship in the distance. They'll be here shortly I presume. Might want to think about some… weather diversions to cover our tracks afterwards." Akasha shrugged after giving her opinion and then glanced around in question. "Where's Kaito?"

Status
Not open for further replies.