Atavism _OOC_

Alrighty then, that is quite a few new characters. Really liking them. I believe all of them are accepted aside from the unfinished ones, but I'm pretty sure they will be accepted too.

I'll leave this open for more players until I start the RP in about a week. Thank all of you for deciding to participate, I really appreciate it.

I'll join up in a bit. ~<3
I have school today, so I may not get my characters in till then.

1075605456.jpg

Name: Tori Avalon

Powers:

Umbrakineses - The power to manifest shadows as a substance, and control their movements. The shadow-substance is flexible, able change shape. It can taper to a sharp point to impale, or flatten into a shield, able to soften blows. The brighter the light, the stronger the shadows become. They can be cut with anything sharp, scissors or small knives. If there is no light, then there are no shadows. The shadows of living creatures are more difficult to control than that of non-living.

Shadow Walking - The ability to enter the world of shadows, a separate plane of existence laid just beside our own. Giving a false sense of comfort and security, those who find themselves brought into the world must keep close to the Shadow Walker. They must keep physical contact, for if they should become separated at any time, then those who are not Shadow Walkers will be lost to the shadow world. It will latch on to them and their light, and it will become very hard to leave.

Personality: Tori comes across as a cold individual, his words biting and sarcastic on the best of days. People who've met him tend to have low opinions about the man and his attitude. Tori keeps people as distant as possible, and never willingly seeks to interact with anyone unless it is required of him. Mostly, this hard outer shell protects a very insecure boy with crippling shyness. Tori simply doesn't know how to deal with people, so he puts himself in a position where he rarely needs to.

Short History: Tori was born the younger twin to Alois, and for much of their childhood, the two boys were inseparable. All play was done together, and any attempt at splitting the two up, whether in separate classes or on different sides in team sports, was met with two very angry children who'd refuse to participate. It was quickly decided that splitting the brothers apart was a bad idea, and the notion stuck, even as they grew older. The cloaked figures began to visit Tori in his 3rd school year, persuading him to join them. He declined each time, refusing to leave his brother, unaware that Alois had already been given the exact same offer.

Tori's parents split when he was 10 years old, his mother moving he and his brother to a small city. The split was difficult for the boy, sad that he couldn't see his father as often as he'd like. It didn't help that he hated the city. The noise kept him awake at night, there were no parks close enough for he to play at. And school children were trying to steal his brother from him. He hated them, and he was angry and hurt with his brother for leaving him behind. Then summer came and Alois had time to spend with his brother again. Their apartment to small to run around in, and with no parks around, the two boys found themselves at the construction yard. The scaffolding became a jungle jim, the large pile of pipes a castle. While fighting for control over who got to keep control of the castle, Tori slipped, knocking into Alois, and the two boys tumbled to the ground. This would be the first time Tori Shadow Walked, bringing Alois in with him. Terrified at first by the dark and grey around them, Tori didn't complain when Alois offered bravely to go look around. It didn't matter how far he walked, he always seemed to cross back to Tori. Hopeless and at a loss for what to do, the two boys sat huddled together in the dark and cold.

Tori woke later, having drifted off in the hours they had spent their, to flashlights shining in his face, shouting filling the air. He was brought to his mother, who seemed so very worried about him. She asked where Alois was. Tori didn't know. The search for the boy went on, but they never did find him. It was a few days later, when Tori realized his shadow was moving on its own, that he knew what had happened to his brother. Alois was still back in the dark. He tried to tell his mother, but who would believe such a story? So Alois stayed lost, Tori keeping him company by talking to his shadow, and fleeting walks through the Shadow World.

It was Alois who convinced Tori to go to the town the cloaked ones had mentioned, and the young man set out soon after.

Special Item: An old and tattered copy of "Through the Looking Glass" that his father used to read to them from.

Kristopher-Turner-shirtless-1.jpg

Name: Alois Avalon

Powers:

Time Reel - The ability to watch any event in time, future or past. One cannot alter these events, but details that might have been overlooked at the time, or those that have yet to happen, will be available to view. At this time Alois may view only events he has participated in or will participate in, and can't willingly go back or forth any farther than a few days.

Time Skip - The ability to move ahead from time's natural flow. To the one with the power, the world seems to move in slow motion as they fast forward through time. Often misnamed as "Super Speed", this ability manipulates the affect of time on the individual.

Personality: Outgoing and forward, Alois is one to make friends quickly, and keep them forever. He's open, trusting, and just the slightest bit naive when it comes to people. He may come across as childish, and his imagination tends to run away with him, but he means well in everything he does. He craves attention from others, and would likely go out of his way to impress you. He can't see the bad in people, as very few have ever done him wrong.

Short History: Alois was born the elder twin to Tori, and for much of their childhood, the two boys were inseparable. All play was done together, and any attempt at splitting the two up, whether in separate classes or on different sides in team sports, was met with two very angry children who'd refuse to participate. It was quickly decided that splitting the brothers apart was a bad idea, and the notion stuck, even as they grew older. For as long as he could remember, Alois had been visited by the cloaked figures. They tempted him away with high promises and sweet words, but Alois couldn't leave, not without his brother, and declined each time.

Alois was only 10 when his parents divorced, he and Tori moving with their mother to a different city. Alois had known the split was coming, having skipped forward once on accident. He took the split well, having had time to prepare himself for the separation. At their new school, Alois found himself at the center of attention of people wanting to get to know the new kid. He liked it, and spent much of his time with these kids. This created a bit of a rift between him and Tori, him flourishing in social situations while the younger twin hissed and hid away. While Alois had many people he would call friends, there were never any he would ever say he was close with. He began to miss the time he shared with his twin, and during the summer, dedicated his time to the other. However, their new homes wasn't very kid friendly, a small apartment with thin walls and angry neighbours.

The idea to play in the construction site not far from their home was his, seeing the fun and none of the dangers. The two were playing a game of King of the Castle on a pile of pipes when it happened. Tori slipped, sending them both hurtling down into the world of shadow. Terrified at first by the dark and grey around them, Tori didn't complain when Alois offered bravely to go look around. It didn't matter how far he walked, he always seemed to cross back to Tori. Hopeless and at a loss for what to do, the two boys sat huddled together in the dark and cold. Alois woke alone in the dark. He could still see the world outside, but as though it were through a thick, black sheet. The only voice that came through clear was Tori's. He could do nothing but watch and follow as his mother's heart broke, thinking him gone. He's lived in this shadow world a long time now, unable to leave. He might have lost all sense of self had he not accidentally Time Skipped forward, to a day when he was free again. His time out was short, but it was enough. He could wait, knowing that one day, he'd be free.

When Tori began expressing a desire to follow up on the cloaked figures, who had spoken to both of them, Alois pushed him towards it.

Special Item: A small rock, blue in colour and smooth to the touch. It was a gift from Tori when they were young, and is the only possession he has in his dark prison.

I like your characters, LuluRS, there are only two bumps to be overcome. Firstly, I can't allow a time hopping power in which they can manipulate the future. I can allow Alois to jump around in time but only so long as he can only view what's going on each time, like you said for the Time Reel power. I would have to do a lot of work just to describe the future, and it would be too much work if he could alter the future while viewing it. Simply viewing the future without being seen or able to do anything would be fine though.

Second, can you describe this shadow realm to me more? I'm leaning towards allowing it, but I would like to know more about it first. If you'd like to keep the details a secret, you can PM me about it.

Thank you for your interest. ^^

-characters are accepted-

Okay, my charries are somewhat complete. I'll probably change things - again - later, once I get a better feel about them in this story.

I'm interested, i kinda want to do a combination of ice and lightning though

Hope this is ok! I haven't included much on the cloaked figures as I want to save that stuff for the RP, but I can add extra information if you want.

Name: Echo Kane

Powers: Razor sound- The ability to use slicing sound waves to damage things. Enhanced hearing- The ability to hear quiet noises, and noises from a long distance away with clarity.

Appearance:
RedHead.jpg

Personality: Echo is a shy, reserved woman. She doesn't like loud noises or crowds very much. She is sweet, optimistic and kind, but extremely gullible and easily influenced/controlled. She isn't very brave, but she does try to be supportive. Echo is always honest, yet doesn't have much self confidence. Sometimes she can be anxious from concern of others, thus she is easily flustered/embarrassed. While she is highly intelligent from ready many books, she is fairly weak physically. Echo is alert and organised, but clumsy. She isn't very ambitious, so she is easily pleased, plus she likes being realistic. She has an unfounded addiction to costa coffee.

Short History: When Echo was a young child she always played alone. This was because she was easily agitated by noise which other children loved. She had very sensitive hearing, and got tired of having constant, ringing head aches from the bustle of day to day life. She spent many afternoons hiding away at the top of the church bell tower, in her small town home in England. She liked the bell tower as it was mostly peaceful up there, and the bells beautiful ringing calmed her. Echo often skipped her hectic school, and went up the bell tower instead. This didn't deprive her of a good education though, she spent most her time reading up the bell tower, from which she learned much. One day when Echo was nine her mad grandma who rarely visited came round her house. Not many people in the family like her grandma as she was a bit cuckoo, thus a lot of hard work. Yet Echo enjoyed her grandmas company as she appreciated silence plus she knew some interesting tales. On the day of the visit her grandma gave her a special gift- a small, silver bell. Nobody in her family understood the gift as Echo hadn't let anybody- including her grandma- know she spent most of her time up the bell tower. Echo's bemused face at the gift made her grandma chuckle- for the last time it turned out, since she died the next day. At every large event after that, Echo has had the bell with her- it used to be by chance, but now she always has it with her as a lucky charm. She had it on her first kiss; she had it when her father announced he had a promotion and the family was moving to a city; she had it when she got her A level results; she had it when she lost her virginity; she had it when she got her job as librarian. Now she's grown up she works a librarian, plus she is currently single. She lives in a cosy flat in Hart by herself, but occasionally looks after exchange/foreign students. In her spare time she writes book reviews at costa coffee

Special Item: A small, silver bell on a white, silk white ribbon. The bell makes a soft tinkling sound. It was given to him by his crazy grandma before she died. He's always had it with him when major events have happened.

Sorry, I'm going to have to pull out of this RP before it starts.

My class schedule will be tripled this coming session, and my work load had doubled in this month alone. I'm realizing that this year is not for me.

You guys have fun!

E-Claire, your char is accepted.

I'm sorry that you are leaving, Phi, I'll miss you already! Haha.

I'm also sorry for the delay everyone. Having a realllly hard time with real life right now, and I can barely get online at all. I'll do my best to have the opening post by this weekend.

It's okay...I hope life is going well for you :) Life is tough nowadays...it is completely understandable.

That's fine, I hope your ok.
So long as your delays aren't as long as some of mine... ;)

Hey there - was just wondering if I could post a character with powers similar to Mystique from X-men - totally not developed to that sense though.. I completely understand we're all 'newbies' to our powers..

What with that being quite a strong power something a little more passive.. Like.. super-enhanced flexibility and acrobatics? :) Or perhaps ability to communicate with animals? Something less.. "Umph" haha.

If Yes - I totally reserve this :')

[MENTION=2368]Ekaetriana[/MENTION] I don't mean to be rude, but when do you think this will start? I'm really looking forward to this RP (it looks such fun!) and was wondering when it might begin.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o181/xCharliebobx/Woman_zpsc3d4d557.png

• Vanya Leorn
  • Female
  • Twenty Three

Call it a cliche, but Vanya's parents didn't want her when she was born. Her appearance was far too unnatural for them to come to grips with. In the nursery of St James's hospital, she was the only baby to be like this. The doctors couldn't find any reason for it, they tested everything and the abnormalities in her blood were just so outstanding that they didn't know what to do with her. Her eyes were of a pigmented yellow that was out of this world, and her hair to be the colour it was, just wasn't natural. On top of that, her body had deformed aspects. Her ears were pin pricked, and eyes were lifted slightly to be almost snake-like. Although, it was only to be expected that soon enough when word got out about this peculiar child with unexplained circumstances would soon be snapped up by science. This was the life which she was about to begin..

Some may consider this a sad story, but those should not, because she did not know anything else apart from the life she was living.. The mundane human world on how 'other children' should be brought up, was not known to her. The everyday DNA testings became a regularity, she even enjoyed some of them, found them entertaining. She didn't understand the meaning of 'parents', but 'elders.' A group of people who were her 'authority.' However, deprived of human education, and kept so low underground in a facility unknown to the rest of the world, her curiosity sprang quite strongly for what else there could be. The unit hadn't given her normal lessons, no history, geography, mathematics. She was just taught how to walk, read, and write. Everything in her life consisted of technology, and science. However, they kept her active, over the years becoming astoundingly aware of her capabilities they were tested to the best of her abilities. She was put in certain 'training regimes' much like the mundane idea of a gymnastics class, and a playground. Animals were even put in to the institutions they watched her in, so she could replicate their bodies.

Although years grew on her, and she shifted from child, to teenager. Naturally containing her human side - she had great difficulty understanding her emotions. She started to feel angry, lustful, sexual, and then came the lesson of 'womanhood.' They kept it from her long enough, for they did not know if she would menstrate like a normal human. When she started, it did become quite a problem considering the tantrum and traumatic experience of it all for her. They explained to her what it was, why it was happening, and more to the point - about motherhood, and parents. From here on, it was all too much for her to handle.. This was when they came.

She wasn't asleep, she should've been, but she couldn't. Much like the other nights, continuous thoughts kept her restless. The feelings all became clear now, and there was one person she couldn't get out of her mind.. The boy who also lived in the facility. He was similar to her, only his capabilities was with his mind, that's about all she understood. They didn't get to speak very much, but when they did she always felt this feeling of wanting to be touched by him, and held. She wanted what she didn't understand, 'love.' On this thought is when the shadows began to course through her room. She couldn't understand how they'd gotten in for the lock that kept her door shut wasn't due to open again till morning.. There were no windows for there was nothing to look at 500m underground. They merely looked at her, and although without faces - spoke.

"Are you willing to join us? Finding out what you're supposed to become?" The voice wasn't normal, it wasn't outloud but.. in her head. How were they doing this?

It happened year after year, on her birthday. Now at full adult stage, she had almost grown bitter. The boy she had once known was no longer in the unit, and she had found things out from her so called 'elders' which were just her baby sitters really.. Being kept from the real world had backfired on the place. Now it was her intention to leave the institute, to be rid of these horrible gray clothes she spent her lifetime in. To visit this 'Earth' she hears so much about, and more so... to find out why these 'visitors' were really here.. It didn't take much, really, her body morphed and shifted into the appearance of one of the workers, whom she had tricked, and locked in her room until morning.. Just like they did to her. Smiling whilst she left, she didn't speak for she knew that was something she had no control over - and her voice was too distinctive to go amiss. She rushed for the doors, and finally hit the elevator into what she was lifted into, was a reception... Gripped in her hand, was her name tag.. Out in the real world, out to find out her future... This was it now.. But how the hell did she turn back!?

Biomorphing Vanya can manipulate her body and shape shift between different living organisms. Be it human, plant, or animal. It's a good camoflauge and stealth related power which although she does not know the full extent of it, she had gained the ability from her childhood to further understand what her future holds for this ability of hers.

Enhanced Agility Convenient when in combat or just for every day, mundane use. It is noteable that Vanya has flexibility about her which most gymnasts do not even contain. Her physique is perfect for such agility, and from training as a gymnast in her younger years she has a great collage of skillfull flips, rolls and acrobatics up her sleeve.

Accepted, Charlie.

I'm sorry about the hiatus. I just have had no time to sit down and write freely, and when I can get online it's very brief. The next time I post it will be with an OP.

Once it starts, it should keep going on its own.

I believe I might be able to return to this RP, but will only hold one charrie.