At Your Service~

A

ArgentAconit

Original poster
Hello! I joined a couple of days ago but had to work up some courage to make an introduction. I apologize in advance for the lack of formatting this time around, I just need to learn the ropes first. .//////.

My name is Argent, but feel free to call me Gent instead! Argie is aright as well, but I do prefer to be called Gent if you choose a shorthand. I'm in my early twenties and if you don't find me writing, you will find me drawing. I live at home and am basically a (secondary?) primary caregiver to four people in my household, so while I'm online daily I do get distracted easily by my family. Oh! To clarify, those four aren't my children, instead, there are three cousins and one niece.

My sleeping pattern changes drastically between days and nights, and there are times where I'm awake for one hour and asleep for three. The last option is usually a situation my health forces on me, haha. So, if you don't hear from me during our usual times that's likely the reason!

If perhaps, it isn't clear via the title, I'm also a bit obsessed with The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. Mostly with the lore and the world, but the characters come in a close second, especially our two groups of brave travelers. This all being said, I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on the books. We'll be remedying that soon though, hopefully!

Ah, but enough of my rambling! I hope to learn plenty from being here, and potentially make some friends along the way. Here is enjoying a few adventures as we work together to build worlds and entangle characters. It's a pleasure to be here. (:

Hey, Argent! No need to worry about formatting. (: Most/many people don't format roleplay posts or casual chat posts, but if it's something you're interested in learning, we have a lot of awesome people and guides that can help you! That being said, welcome! We're super glad to have you. You seem to have a lot going on! What sort of roleplays do you enjoy?

• Thank You
Reactions: ArgentAconit

That's wonderful! I'll make sure to look into them then. I do enjoy formatting posts at least to some degree, so learning how to do it on this site will be amazing!
Thank you!

Well, roleplay wise I prefer writing one on one but groups aren't an unusual concept to me. I'm mostly interested in fantasy, adventure, some slice of life, and the occasional romance story so long as there is more than just romance. I'm not here to just play lovers. Strife and a good plot line usually have to be present to raise my interests. Past, present or future- I'm not too picky with these either, haha.
How about you Nav? (:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PoetLore and Nav
That's wonderful! I'll make sure to look into them then. I do enjoy formatting posts at least to some degree, so learning how to do it on this site will be amazing!
Thank you!

Well, roleplay wise I prefer writing one on one but groups aren't an unusual concept to me. I'm mostly interested in fantasy, adventure, some slice of life, and the occasional romance story so long as there is more than just romance. I'm not here to just play lovers. Strife and a good plot line usually have to be present to raise my interests. Past, present or future- I'm not too picky with these either, haha.
How about you Nav? (:
That's awesome! I'm terrible at coding and formatting. I try, and usually fail.

That's pretty diverse. I don't think you'll have any trouble finding partners-- fantasy, adventure, et al are all pretty popular here, especially among the one on one community. As for me, I generally prefers detailed one on ones with political intrigue, fantasy, and/or drama and strife.

• Bucket of Rainbows
There's a decent, if small, number of people who adore formatting and fancying up their posts who I think you'll stumble upon eventually if you keep an eye out.

I bid you welcome, Argent! Take this cookie and enjoy your stay.

Ah, I'm sure you do wonderfully at it! It just takes some practice otherwise. (:

That's a relief, I was worried that I might struggle somewhat. Most places I've visited for writing have strongly focused on adult content or romance without any other additional excitement going on. It often took a great deal of digging to find the stories more interested in exploring the world instead of lingering in one room or clearing!

Political Intrigue, that's a topic I don't think I've seen very much in the past. An interesting idea to look into, though to be fair I'm not too knowledgeable about politics. At least, not as knowledgeable as I should be. Details are a great tool! I love it when a partner can give just enough information to play around with, without it being overwhelming.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nav

I'll most definitely keep an eye out for them on my quest to find stories and worlds in which to frolic!

Thank you! I'm excited to be here and hope I'll enjoy it as well. (:
Also, thank you for the cookie, it's much appreciated!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
Welcome to Iwaku, Gent :) Glad to have ya!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Welcome Gent! I'm sure you'll find most of us are friendly and helpful around here. And oh you really HAVE to get the LOTR books!! I did love the movie adaptations, but the books are wonderful!! Hope you find your footing quickly and feel comfortable. If you have any questions please feel free to ask any of us, we are here to help!!

Also, we have an awesome Creative Content area of this site, full of helpful tips and writing prompts to get your muse singing beautifully. So many ways to grow and expand your writing and role play horizons!! I love it!

ANYWAY...I've probably rambled enough. Have a look around and most importantly...HAVE FUN!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Welcome to Iwaku, Argent! It took me a few days to make an intro thread too ^^ glad to see you made one, though! Did you draw your avatar? o.o Also, I definitely agree about the romance thing! I generally prefer to not have romance unless it develops naturally alongside the plot, ahaha.

Do make sure to check out our guide to Getting Started and our Newbie Care Package if you haven't yet! They're great ways to familiarize yourself with the site and meet a person or two ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Welcome Gent! I'm sure you'll find most of us are friendly and helpful around here. And oh you really HAVE to get the LOTR books!! I did love the movie adaptations, but the books are wonderful!! Hope you find your footing quickly and feel comfortable. If you have any questions please feel free to ask any of us, we are here to help!!

Also, we have an awesome Creative Content area of this site, full of helpful tips and writing prompts to get your muse singing beautifully. So many ways to grow and expand your writing and role play horizons!! I love it!

ANYWAY...I've probably rambled enough. Have a look around and most importantly...HAVE FUN!!

So far everyone has made me feel more than welcome! I'm definitely putting them on my wishlist for future purchases. The world just fascinates me too much to not have more of the lore and characters! The languages, landscape, cultures- I love all of this about Tolkien's work and I honestly don't know what I would do without it in my life. I hope to one day play as one of my characters in a story using the universe that they created. (:

Ohhh, writing prompts- I'll most definitely add that to my list of sections to poke around in! With any luck, I will find dozens that tickle my fancy so that I might dust off some rust and find a way to enjoy my own writing style once more.

Thank you! And I don't mind the long message, it's quite refreshing. (:

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Welcome to Iwaku, Argent! It took me a few days to make an intro thread too ^^ glad to see you made one, though! Did you draw your avatar? o.o Also, I definitely agree about the romance thing! I generally prefer to not have romance unless it develops naturally alongside the plot, ahaha.

Do make sure to check out our guide to Getting Started and our Newbie Care Package if you haven't yet! They're great ways to familiarize yourself with the site and meet a person or two ^^

Thank you! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was cautious or too shy to introduce myself at the start. As for my avatar, I did not though I wish I had the talent and skills of the wonderful artist who so perfectly captured the personality and style of my ever so handsome Serren. An amazing friend commissioned it as a gift for my birthday, and it's one of my most treasured pieces- so of course, I wanted to share it with iwaku!

Yes, exactly! Naturally occurring romances are always so much more appealing! I can't seem to keep myself away from the idea of an arranged marriage that might have started off in a sour way only to eventually bloom into friendship and then a warm, comforting love. I think that might be my one exception on romance based stories, though a good setting would definitely improve its chances in my mind!

I've already poked around at those two! They were lovely resources and I am glad I thought to sift through them beforehand. I may still yet find myself hunting for a mentor in the near future, and with luck, I will find myself a friend on the way. (:

• Love
Reactions: Joan