At the Edge of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayla jumped at the sound of a gun being fired and she quickly stood up before she looked around and then looked to the ground. She flinched as she saw that someone had been shot, being impossible for her to see who it actually was from her balcony and in the dark.
She rushed inside and grabbed her cellphone and threw on her jacket before she ran outside and she then ran down the stairways in the apartment building, nearly jumping down every seventh step and she kicked the door open once she was at the entrance and ran over to the spot where she had seen the person who was shot.

Her eyes widened and she completely froze as she saw that it was Leon who had been shot and she swallowed once, just staring at his body for a while before she quickly raised her phone and dialed 911, instantly calling for an emergency ambulance. She staggered back and leaned back against a wall as flashbacks came flooding through her mind and it didn't take long before an ambulance arrived and gathered Leon up before they'd take him to the hospital.

Kayla dropped her phone after a few minutes and she placed her hands on either side of her head while she sobbed lowly and tears ran down her cheeks, her body trembled heavily as she relived every moment of the last few minutes she had together with Mark, in her head.

Adrian held out his hand for her to shake and said. "Well Marilynn I have an offer for you, I can tell you don't like being in that outfit and frankly I never did agree how the old bosses used you...oh how rude of me to not introduce myself, my name is Adrian Lekagura the last true heir of the Lekagura family and now the sole leader of the whole organization, so would you like to hear my offer?"

Marilynn thought for a moment. So he was the new heir of the mafia.... Interesting."Depends... Does it involve freedom?" She scoffed before shaking her head."Whatever... Let me hear it. I'll most likely accept it anyways." She added, muttering mid sentence with a deep sigh as she crossed her arms back in position again.

Adrian exhaled the smoke from his cigar to the side and said. "Well Marilynn I will give you the key to your freedom but like everything in life their is a price for that key. For you I ask two things the first is that I need you to get into the governors office and access any files on Lekagura and destroy them, they are keeping them there as they see any of the police stations as unsafe and to vulnerable to attack and the second thing I ask of you is simple, leave this life and leave this city behind the state...everything, if you do these things I will ensure you are protected and can live a normal life I will give you a new name and completely wipe your current record and everything that links you with us...you will be truly free." While she thought on that Adrian pulled out another encrypted phone and made a call to a hospital. "Yes this is the boss, i'm cashing in a favor, their is a man coming in he has been shot he's blonde about 6'1" and 200 pounds and he might be a cop, if he has any chance of living...cut his vocal cords and the nerves in his hands make sure he can't speak or write again."

Last edited:
Leon slowly sat up, as he ripped open his shirt and jumpsuit revealing a bullet proof vest. "Fuck that stings." He looked over at Kayla and then at the paramedics.

Kayla slumped down inside of the ambulance and she placed her face in her hands as she felt her whole body relaxing and as if someone had just lifted a great weight from her shoulders. She brushed some hair from her face and then looked up towards Leon and she breathed out deeply, trying to disguise the tears that ran down her cheeks.
"Y-You are... a fricking idiot... y-you know that?" She stuttered with a weak attempt of a smile on her lips.

Marilynn pondered about the topic while Adrian was on the phone. She took a deep breath in but ended up sighing as usual and slightly shook her head with disapproval."Sounds good, but the task is easy said then actually done." The girl answered."Yes, I grab information. I deceive. But going to the governors office will take a while, I can't promise you that it'll take 1 week or whatever unless bribery is involved, and some members to help out and deceive as well." Explained the blonde."It certainly won't be much of a one person task... Can I try and then if help is needed call you for a few members to help out when I see that the task will be more complicated then expected?" She asked, a grin across her face."Looks like I'll be getting a new day job at the office of the governor.~" she mused to herself in a slight mutter.

Adrian looked at her after hanging up the phone. "I already have people in the office to help you but they are all in low level positions and don't have access to the documents, you can grease as many palms as needed just don't get caught. Here *Adrian hands her a phone* this will be the go between for us it's heavily encrypted so no one can trace it, you also have unlimited access to men and material if you need it." Adrian started to walk away to his car that just arrived he turned and waited for her. "I would get anything you need from inside because you are coming with me now so I can get you what you need." Adrian simply waited for her to get anything she needed from inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.