At the Edge of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian watched the man walk off and that made his suspicious even though he was working on making Lekagura less "uncivilized" their were still unwanted elements in the "corporation" also if the man was looking for something he wouldn't find it this place was nice and "clean" if their were any inspections so unless the bouncers were doing side business the place was fine. He walked up to the woman and started up a conversation. "Hello, your friend or date whichever he is does know that leaving a woman even an armed woman *Adrian gestures to the hidden gun that he caught a glimpse of while she was dancing* alone around here can end badly right."

Kayla raised an eyebrow and glanced towards the man, crossing her legs slightly to conceal the weapon better and she snickered slightly. "He's a childhood friend of mine and how would it end badly, exactly? That he'd leave me alone, I mean." Said Kayla as she turned to be more properly facing the man and she took another sip from her drink. "Thank you for the drink, as well." She then said with a polite smile.

Leon made his way to the bathroom and decided now would be a good time to sneak out. He took off his clothes and his them in the ceiling tiles leaving him in a black jumpsuit. He strabbed the hosted to his pistol to his leg and opened the window. He quietly snuck out the window using the pipes to make it to the roof.

"You're welcome, what I mean is that you are a very nice looking woman and their are men and other women around here who don't like to take no for an answer and they will either get forceful or sneaky with something or someone they want if you catch my meaning but just flashing that gun would dissuade most and pointing it at the rest would keep them away, you'd be surprised how many people in here are armed nut back to your question even if he's not a date those type of "people" don't go after groups or even couples. So what's you and your friends angle I've never seen either of you two before...well that's not true I have seen your friend before...driving a police cruiser around the city and don't look all panicky I don't got anything against cops but this all screams undercover work to me."

"A woman has to be armed in this part of town for that specific reason, no? Especially when dressed like this." Said Kayla and she brushed some hair behind her ear. "He stole it from a cop a few years back when he was with the Arvin gang, he is former military so he knew just what to do. Can't blame a man for wanting to show off his big car, now can you? I'm sure you have a few you like to show off as well, the way you dress." Said Kayla with a snicker as she looked at the man and she tilted her head a bit.
"And I can assure you that any people with such an intent have always ended up at my feet, begging for mercy." She then said with a sly grin.
"Fuck sakes! The first night out and he's already almost blowing my cover! Fucking hell where did they get this guy?!" Thought Kayla while she showed a calm smile, not displaying any of her inner thoughts or emotions on her expression. "What brings you here then? It doesn't quite seem like someone like you would fit in among these lot."

"well you can say he stole it but leaving it the same color with the lights on the top of the car would be very stupid but i'm not one to judge a "cop" motives and if he was ex Arvin he would have the facial tattoos to show that, I only own one car and even then it's not that expensive. Also you don't have to lie to me I can see you're not comfortable here, the people and the noises aren't your cup of tea, I have dealt with much more experienced sneaks and actors in my life my dear, it's in your eyes you are nervous and your breath quickened when I accused you and your friend of being cops luckily the music and talking will keep anyone from hearing our conversation so no one else with interrupt us." Adrian was waiting for possibility of her going for the gun but he wasn't being hostile so he felt that was a slim chance.

Kayla raised an eyebrow slightly before she burst out chuckling and she placed down the glass on the table while she observed the man. "Actor? You honestly think I'm a cop? I guess I should be flattered but quite frankly I just think you've had too much to drink. My friend got his tattoos removed once he left the gang, it's a ritual, you know? You cut off the part of the skin that had the tattoo. He had to sew back skin onto his face, not a pretty sight to be there during that operation. I can tell you that much.
My breath becoming quicker? My heels are killing me from standing up so of course my breathing becomes quicker and of course I get nervous when an unknown man, albeit the first one ever, buys me a drink and then comes over to make conversation with me only to then accuse me of being a cop." Kayla said rather plainly once she stopped laughing, she had done her homework when it came to the Arvin gang in case she herself would have to use the story but now it was necessary to use it in order to save not only her hide but also Leon's.
"So. Anything else you plan on accusing me for this evening? If you're really that paranoid, you can even check my records to see what they say and you'll see that I am as far from a cop as you can get."

Leon had found a skylight on the roof. He pulled his mask across his face and watched quietly as he looked into the back room of the club.

[spoili]
2s9oksl.jpg
[/spoili]
Marilynn stepped out of a jet black car, her dog jumping out as a man followed suite behind her. Once she stepped out, it seemed as though the man attempted to hold her arm and walk her in."I got it..!" Hissed the brunette bitterly at the Lekagura worker, who wore casual clothing. The worker eyed her in dismay before Marilynn snapped boldly."What!? I'm a big girl now!" She scoffed, walking anger oh and rather quickly into the club as her heels clicked with each step. She was late for work, and before all of this was held up by the idiotic low lives of the Lekagura. Hell, she would do anything to be freed if she wasn't in a tight leash already and she walked to the bar area in the new get up. A bunny outfit, or 'playboy' uniform. Barry, the dog seemed to rest at the corner of the bar as Marilynn got in position immediately behind the counter, obviously irritated."Jesus Christ....." She muttered as a customer ordered a mixed drink and she started to conjure up the liquor and ingredients to do so.

"Well I never accused you of being a cop only your friend so...also your friend seems to be taking quite along time in the restroom maybe I should go check on him just to make sure he's alright." Adrian started to head to the restroom when their was a loud bang outside and then the sounds of a light struggle ans then a women wearing a bunny outfit walked into the bar and behind her walked in one of the low level guys who saw him then turned around and walked out with the most extreme quickness.

"It's your own funeral. I'm just saying this, you don't want to get in there when he's been taking a shit." Kayla said and turned towards the bardesk again and then glanced at the woman in the bunny suit. "Quite the outfit you have there, Miss." She said with a faint smile and she then sighed heavily before she picked up her phone to call up Leon.

Leon checked the time its time to get back he made his way back down and back to the bathroom he immediately changed back into his clothes. As he exited the bathroom he ran into the man. He looked him in the eyes. "I didn't recognize you from a far. How long has it been Adrian."

"I have never once talked to you in my entire life nor have I given you my name or your friend my name and if I did I would recognize you, so i'm gonna have to ask you to stop lying and be strait with me what are you and your friend doing here." As Adrian said this he had a memory pop up in his head when he looked back at the woman he was just talking to and turned back to her and started to look at her more closely and asked her a question. "Does the name Mark mean anything to you? because I had a real good friend who always talk about this girl he liked and worked with, her name was Kayla and your description and hers match up pretty well but he was killed, I remember his funeral it was in the summer while the cherry blossoms were in bloom and their petals were falling all around his grave."

"I've heard of mark. He was killed by your men. If you don't mind me asking does the name Dante ring a bell. He always told me of a man in this city that he trusted more than any other. He died last year in a military operation under the arrogance of my captain."

"What are you talking about...do you think i'm part of Lekagura, how dare you think i'm connected to the group that killed my dearest friend." Adrian was confused and angry he knew that Mark was killed by the old bosses but he had taken revenge for that and took over their mob. "You and your lady friend need to leave you can't going around making baseless accusations like that and I won't stand here and have my friend's memory dragged like that or my reputation." Adrian signaled for a couple bouncers to remove them from the premises, he also prepared for a fight if needed.

"It's your own funeral. I'm just saying this, you don't want to get in there when he's been taking a shit." Kayla said and turned towards the bardesk again and then glanced at the woman in the bunny suit. "Quite the outfit you have there, Miss." She said with a faint smile and she then sighed heavily before she picked up her phone to call up Leon.
Marilynn perked her head up immediately and looked around, handing the drink to the male customer and taking a step forward. Marilynn eyed the other girl cross armed and looked down at her own outfit then back up at Kayla."Well.. It's a theme thing going on.. I'm usually the one wearing some type of flight attendant outfit or whatever." Shrugged Marilynn as she leaned over the table grinning. Then the bouncers seemed to be approaching her way from behind Kayla, distracting Marilynn."Uh-oh." She said, blinking as she bit her lower lip.

Kayla looked towards Adrian and Leon and she folded her arms. "The name Mark says nothing to me, I've never heard of it before and I have -never- made an accusation towards you. If it's anyone, it is him who has accused you of something and you who did actually say that you suspected me of being a cop while I am not." Kayla said with a deadpan voice while she looked at Adrian to look him in the eyes, no hint of lying being in her expression or her voice.
She then turned back and shook her head. "Men." She sighed and brushed some hair behind her ear. "Pardon Miss, seems we have to speak another time." She said gently with a faint smile before she walked out of the club before the bouncers could come close to her and she waved slightly towards Adrian.

Kayla stopped outside of her apartment and took out a cigarette from her purse before she placed it between her lips and lit it up. She looked up at the sky through the window in the hallway with a surprisingly calm expression and she rested back against the wall.
"And this is why I work solo. Why can they never accept my wishes?" She thought to herself and let out her hair from the bun so it rested down her chest and back, her hair now being slightly curled due to having been tied up in a bun for so long.
She then grabbed her keys and unlocked the apartment before she walked inside and slammed the door shut, heading over to the balcony as she walked and she threw her purse on the sofa before she slid the balcony door open and stepped outside, leaning against the railing while the cigarette lit up a small part of her face whenever she took a drag and she exhaled deeply through both her nose and her mouth. As she looked up at the sky, a few tears rolled down her cheeks and she gritted her teeth slightly when she had removed the cigarette from her mouth and held it between two fingers.

Of course she remembered Mark, she remembered everything about him. His kind nature, his dedication to the job, his finesse with handling people and most of all, his gentle spirit. She remembered his voice, his touch and every last bit of him that made him special. The funeral was one she had set up in honor of Mark as he had always talked to her how he wanted to see the cherry blossoms but never had the chance, they had even discussed going on vacation just for that. But the night before their flight left was the night he had been killed.
"Mark... I wish you could just come back, I'm so scared, I'm so confused... I don't know what to do and I just... I want to find the bastards who did this to you so that you can finally rest in peace... I don't know what to do anymore." She thought to herself and lowered her head while a few low sobs escaped her lips and the tears began rolling down as she sat down in one of the chairs on the balcony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leon made his way back to his car when he felt a murderous intent behind him. He turned around as he drew his gun and let 2 rounds rip but felt a sudden impact in his chest. He'd been hit. Fell to the as the other dropped with a hole in his head and chest.

Adrian was pissed no that wasn't the right word for it he was shaking with rage, he pointed at the woman with the bunny suit and motioned for her to follow him as he walked out of the back and called his ride, he saw her walk out and he addressed her as calmly as he could. "Please...do tell me...who you are? I have seen you before but we have never spoke to each other." While waiting for her to respond he pulled out a cherry scented cigar and lit it while he waited for her to respond.

Marilynn saw a man gesture her to follow. It had oddly caught her attention and she looked down at the dog before seeing a member of the Lekagura and tapping him on the shoulder."Dog is under your care now." She said before walking out from behind the bar and hurriedly following after the man out of curiosity herself. "Please...do tell me...who you are? I have seen you before but we have never spoke to each other." Said the unfamiliar man. Marilynn tilted her head, slightly squinting her eyes as she crossed her arms curiously."Marilynn." She answered before observing his appearance. The only reason why she didn't leave was because she wasn't dismissed, after all she had to be called for a reason, right? The young woman waited patiently for another comment."Why call me all the way out here for a name? Is this important?" She asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.