At the Edge of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I got a duffle bag in my car and sure." He finished his cup of tea and took it to the sink. "So what's for dinner"

"Roasted chicken breast with rice balls, sweet and sour sauce along with some wine." Said Kayla with a small nod before she began grabbing the ingredients for dinner before she started cooking. "Make sure to take anything valuable from the car and install a tracker hidden from view. It will most likely get stolen." She said surprisingly plainly as she was chopping up pieces of the chicken breast.

"Good luck I have a quarter inch steel plating on that car and half inch bullet proof glass. Plus it you need my finger print to start it."

"You need to move it further down the block then because that just screams cop car all over. You should've grabbed one of the civi units vehicles back at the station." Said Kayla as she continued to prepare the food while the pan was heating up, having already placed the rice in the rice cooker.
"And make sure no one sees -you- getting in or out of it because that could jeopardize everything."

Adrian sat with his fingers interlaced as the lower level bosses filtered into his office, once they were all in he addressed them. "Ladies and gentlemen I have some bad news...the other bosses were killed and they had no one to pass their positions onto this leaves me with sole power of our "corporation", now before we get to any further business if any of you have an objection to the position i'm in please do speak now because their wont be time for it in the next few days. *Adrian made eye contact with every individual only a few seemed unsure but seemed to resolve their issues privately in their own head* Nothing then, good my first order is for you all to tell your lieutenants to tell their crews that our operations need to be more desecrate this means more dock workers on the payroll and less broken bones if they say no, we got a multiple shipments coming in I want them to our "clubs" as soon as possible. I will be heading over to our new bar to see how operations are going who ever is in charge of that sector make sure your men are on their best behavior we are after all just running a business here. You are all dismissed." Adrian watched as they all slipped out, no decent was good it would help when he implemented his plans but for now he needed to head to the bar, he put on his coat but left his pistols but he did grab a new karambit this one was meant as his carry weapon and since he carried it in the open on his belt the cops couldn't say anything about it oh how he loved this cities laws. He sat in his car and told the driver where to go and to wait to be called for his pickup.

Kayla finished her dinner before she placed down a spare plate near Leon with food on it, having almost devoured her food. "I need to hurry down there but just catch up whenever you can, alright? It's later than I thought." She mumbled lowly but showed a faint smile either way to Leon before she ran into her room to get changed.

She tied her hair up in a bun while she put on make up and used a concealer to hide the tatto on her upper right arm before she properly put on her black cocktail dress. Her make up consisted of black liquid eyeliner on her bottom eyelids, carnelian red lipstick, silver eyeshadow and some rouge on her cheeks.
Backless-Cocktail-Dress2.jpg
cashmina-black.jpg
v11.jpg
v11.jpg
Bun-Hairstyles-Dianna-Agron-Updos-Loose-Bun-Hairstyle.jpg
Lola_Nouveau_Black_1__13039_zoom.jpg

Once she had gotten dressed, she put on her shoes and a pair of diamond earrings with a matching necklace before she grabbed a small purse and then walked out the front door. "If you don't show up there, try not to wait up." She said with a faint snicker. Even though Kayla typically looked quite manly in her outfits, this one surely enhanced her womanly side.

Kayla walked down the street as the club was just nearby and she looked around every now and then, having taken her cellphone with her and a small gun that was concealed against her inner thigh. She walked up to the line that had formed outside and breathed out as she patiently stood and waited for it to be her turn to enter, having draped a beautiful black cashmina over her shoulders so she wouldn't freeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leon made his way down to the car as he moved it out of view. He grabbed the duffle bag as he went back to the apartment to get changed.

Leon's look for the night.
Hot-Mens-Casual-Suit-Slim-Fit-Solid-Color-One-Button-Fashion-Suit-for-Men-Nice-Blazer.jpg

After he changed he his his pistol in the back of his jeans. He made his way out the apartment and down the street where caught up to Kayla. "You look really good in that outfit."

"I only wear it because I don't have anything else and because I look pretty much like a completely different person when I have make up and what not." Kayla said and she looked at Leon, eyeing him up and down for a moment. "You don't look too bad yourself." She said and then looked forward, moving with the line whenever it moved forward. "I hate clubs and I hate... this kind of stuff but it has to be done." She sighed heavily and looked up at the starfilled sky.
"Wow..." She said in a rather baffled manner and for the first time in a long time, a gentle expression was seen on her face with a genuine and calm smile.

Leon looked up at the sky. "To be honest. I've never enjoyed this type of thing. I preferred small events and formal gatherings to clubs." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of gum. He popped a piece in to his mouth and then held it out to Kayla. "Want a piece.?"

"I'm fine, thanks. Will look a little odd if someone dressed like I do suddenly starts chewing gum." Said Kayla and she was unable to hold back a small chuckle. "I appreciate the offer though." She then added.​
Once it was their turn, she took out her ID from her purse which obviously had a fake name on it and she smiled sweetly at the security men that were standing at the entrance and took her ID before she walked inside. She looked around a bit and nodded slightly, unable to hold back the fact that she was mildly impressed. "The interior looks good at least, they've done a fine job with making it both classy -and- modern."​

Leon was next he puled out an id that obviously had a fake name on it. He looked at the security guard. As he handed back his id. "No trouble tonight. Got it." Leon nodded And entered. He looked at kayla. "Care to dance."

suit.jpg
Adrian stepped out of the vehicle that delivered him here, he straitened his suit (pictured above) and entered through the back entrance when a bouncer tried to stop him he turned towards the man and he backed down Adrian guessed word had traveled around about his arrival, he slipped his knife into a pocket, he didn't want to scare any of the patrons here tonight. Adrian slipped into the main room and nodded at the bouncers they seemed to be the only ones who were told he would be here that was for the best to keep the regular workers from panicking because a "boss" was here, he walked to the bar and looked at the bartender and ordered wine an old vintage from the look of the bottle he took his glass and the bottle to one of the public lounge areas and observed the proceedings of the night while he sipped on his wine, two people walked in that he had not seen in the area recently so they must have been new to the area, he gestured to the bartender to get them a free round on him once they got done with their dance.

"Dance? Whatever happened to the no touch rule?" Kayla asked and snickered slightly as she looked at Leon, it was hard to know whether she was putting on an act or if she was just genuinly happy right now and she looked at Leon before she looked around slightly in the club. She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear that had escaped from the bun and she then glanced towards the bar and eyed a man that was quite handsomely dressed, her gaze lingered on his suit for a moment to take in every detail before she returned her attention towards Leon.

Leon looked at the other man and then back at Kayla. He pulled her close so he could whisper in her ear as they danced. "I think we can get a better view of the room like this and that guy looks kinda odd."

Kayla gasped slightly as she was pulled close and she placed one hand against Leon's chest. "Hands at ten and two." She whispered back and then slides her hand up to his shoulder before she would seek to hold his hand with the other one while she gently glanced around the room and she couldn't help but blush faintly as Leon could probably smell her perfume which smelled like Jasmine flowers and vanilla. She looked towards the man by the bar whenever she could and she listened carefully to Leon while they danced. "How so?" She whispered lowly with her lips near his ear.

yea.jpg
Adrian looked at the two for a quick glance and caught the woman's eyes but that was about it, he leaned back after putting his wine down he started to listen to the music playing it wasn't to overbearing that he couldn't zone out and that's what he did until a drunk man fell into him as he sat, Adrian looked down at the man as he was sprawled on the ground. "Having fun their mate?" Adrian pulled the man up and looked at him, he wasn't one of his guys just someone who drank a little to much. "Hey bouncer I think this guy has had a little to much to drink call him a cab." Adrian straitened his suit again and his hair and beard (I felt like I did not have a great pic to show what he looks like if that pic above is shitty just tell me and i'll fix it) back into the way he had it and sat back down, the club was looking at him now. "Keep having fun people i'm fine."

Leon leaned in close and whuspered into her ear. "First off that's a designer suit. Not many people have money to throw around like that. Second I'm getting a weird aura that feels like a killers intent."

"He could just possibly be like us as well and be a cop undercover. My clothes aren't exactly the cheap sort either." Kayla whispered to Leon and once the song was over she took a step back and straightened out her dress.
She raised an eyebrow in surprise as a waiter came over with one drink each for them and she took one of the glasses.
"They are from the gentleman over there, have a nice evening." The waiter said and dipped his head before he returned to his duties and Kayla looked towards the man by the bar who has also gotten stumbled on by a drunk.

She raised her glass in a polite and thankful gesture before she took a small sip and then looked around. "This is the first time a man has willingly bought me a drink."

Leon took the drink and followed Kayla's lead. After that he took a sip. He looked at Kayla again. I" think I'm going to have a look around."

"Do so." Kayla said and nodded once, smiling softly as she looked at Leon before she looked around and then walked over to the bar, leaning softly against the bardesk with her arms and she breathed out a soft sigh before she turned around and leaned against the bardesk with her lower back.

"It's surprising... even though the city is in such a predicament, people are still acting as if nothing is wrong and as if everything is top of the world. Are they so afraid of the Lekagura?" She thought to herself while she narrowed her eyes in thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.