At Roads End "The Journey"

There map showed a simple road with indeed a curve but there were black blotches along the road marked"Do not enter!" in thick ink.As they travel through the small village on there way out strangers and villagers call to them and some wave to them from there windows wishing them good luck on there journey and being truly sivile because it was likely the heros wouldn't be seen again when they returned.Once past the village the small dirt road there on leads them through fields of grain with working serfs and a windmill.There were fields for miles around but further ahead the path continued on into a small cluster of trees that would soon make up a forest.

Demetri looked over at Gual and thout about what he had said. He looked at the map for a.moment and then at the roads head of him. It took him a moment becore he was going to answer but then he heard " I would have to say the cross country but the oads are good also". Looking over the maiden he nodded and then looked back at the roads.

Gaul chuckled "Well said my lovely maiden. I suppose I shall not complain if we take the scenic root if only to enjoy such illustrious company as these." he said with a smile and small half bow from the saddle, seeming perfectly at ease. He pointed to the trees. "However it seems that we took less time than we thought, as we appear to be approaching trees." he looked over at Lettara "I suppose you would know better, but yon trees look to be getting thicker, will we be entering the forest proper soon?" He asked.

"The trees ahead are merely a copse, rather than a true forest. Consider them a small wood, and should not be more than a minor inconvenience to those unused to traveling through woodland terrain," Lettara commented, hooding her eyes against the sun.

"The destination is approximately one whole day's travel, so we will likely enter the initial forest by noon, and that will merge with the blighted forest by early evening. I would personally avoid traveling through or resting within such a place in the hours of darkness, but our mission may not grant us such luxuries."

The forest ahead looked pristine and calm.So it was obviously not what they were looking for the elf was correct in her assumptions though the field workers they passed in entering the small stretch of woods seemed to pause and give them last goodbyes.