Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Action, Adventure, Romance, Magical, Fantasy, Furry, Modern, Supernatural, Naurto, RWBY, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Avatar/Korra, Hunter, Games, Fandoms
Well i am seeking advice on roleplays and what to do. See i am coming from being left hanging at the discussion phase of a roleplay for the second time already. I have done posted what i am looking for but i feel either people don't like it or I'm out of touch. A part of me is angry it has happened again while a part of me feels depressed and wanting to give up and i'm stuck in the middle of this tug-of-war. Any advice on what to do..

I'm sorry to hear that. Try not to let it discourage you, it happens quite a bit, unfortunately. People get busy, lose interest, or both... and move on. I promise you that everyone who has searched for a roleplay has gone through that exact thing many times over, but you just gotta keep trudging on. The right partner is out there!

To be honest i do not know if the right partner is out there...I post what i want and it seems either people are not interested or i am out of touch due to what has happened to me even though i am doing what i can but it doesn't seem to be working..

Have you considered searching for something different? A different genre or idea? Sometimes what we want gets in the way of something potentially fun because we aren't willing to open up and step out of our comfort zones. Maybe try something new and see where it takes you :)

To be honest no i have not considered something different because i would be going into something like that with a disadvantage instead of a advantage. I probably couldn't possibly do another genre or idea without knowing what it is first and i rather be in my comfort zone but no one seems interested so it's like what will be the point in stepping out into the unknown zone..

The unknown is scary, but sometimes it surprises you. I never enjoyed realistic RPs ... then I tried one and now political intrigue is one of my absolute favorite genres to play. You just never know till you try.

Eh I'm still iffy about it though...It just seems things are not in my favor more often than not so even if i do that i'm going in with a disadvantage anyway

I mean - at the end of the day it's whether or not you want it. If you're not willing to stretch out a little and try something new, you fail 100% of the time. If you try, it's at least 50% more likely you will have success. If you're just flat out done and don't wanna RP anymore, that's one thing, but if you intend to keep going, sometimes the only thing you can do when something just isn't working... is alter your own methods.

Reactions: Kagayours
Alter methods how? I have altered my posts but stuck to what i want but it still doesn't interest someone i mean what was the point of the post if the results were obvious? No one is interested in what i want

That's what I mean though - you're saying no one is interested. That's why branching out might need to happen from your end. Otherwise, you're just stuck.

i don't know how would i branch out so i'll probably be stuck regardless of the choice i make even if i branch out or not.

Try altering how you present yourself. Take a deep breath and read your search over from the point of view of someone else looking at it and wondering if they're interested in partnership with you. Run through spell check, make grammatical corrections, and adjust your wording so you sound like you're excited that someone is reading your thread.

Excitement is contagious, and hype is the key to lasting roleplay—it's the key reason that people keep coming back for more.

Appearing energetic makes people think that you're happy to be talking to them, and encourages them to stick around.

Presentation is important. It needs to be easy to read: avoid center-aligning too much, and break any huge walls into manageable paragraphs. Avoid tiny fonts unless it's for subtext like tagging ideas within your thread or briefly explaining terminology. Large images can be cumbersome, as can an overabundance of fonts and colors.

My final suggestion: make sure that you put your best foot forward in OOC, especially in the beginning. Pay close attention to your phrasing, grammar, and spelling. In a way, those first couple dozen messages are a little like going to an interview—you and your partner are feeling each other out, trying to figure out compatibility. Like wearing your nicest suit to an interview, you're going to want to present your best self to a potential partner.