ASTRAL DREAMS - a fantasy rp (sign ups and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnemoVictorious

boom boom i love pretty girls
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Modern, Modern-Fantasy, Magical Girls

• ASTRAL DREAMS
    a fantasy roleplay

Introduction
    Throughout time, the Gods and Goddesses of the realm Tuphere, have tried to defeat monsters and members of the organization The Nether Brigade that have been sent their way to destroy all of the dimensions. With the help of the Elwin family, the rulers of Tuphere, they found a way to recruit those who have the most potential to help the fight. More often than not, the recruits will be high schoolers and college students, but this is not always the case as sometimes they are older or younger.

Using magic, devices known as amphones are dropped at the location of the selected and time on Earth is frozen. Someone will then speak through the amphone with instructions. By pressing a certain button on the device, the recruit is transported to Tuphere and are then requested to go to Dreampetal Retreat where they are given a choice on whether or not to join the fight. The recruits that decide to join are then are known as amphites (singular amphite). They are then assessed to see what element they resonate with, which will be the element that they use to fight when they transform.

The assessment goes as follows:
    The amphite candidate is handed a rose, which pricks their finger on a thorn. Their blood reacts with the rose.
    If the amphite's element is water, the rose turns blue, the petals spread and, a fountain-like formation of water comes out
    If the amphite's element is air, the rose turns a light purple and begins to float out of the amphite's hand
    If the amphite's element is electricity, the rose will turn yellow and emit lightning
    If the amphite's element is ice, the rose will turn white and freeze over.
    If the amphite's element is fire, the rose will burn up.
    If the amphite's element is light, the rose will turn gold and glow.
    If the amphite's element is darkness, the rose will turn black and emit a dark mist.
    If the amphite's element is earth, the rose will grow roots around the amphite's hand.

Each of the Gods and Goddesses represent an elemental power as well as two other aspects.
    The Goddess of Water, Traveling, and Fishing - Liquire
    The Goddess of Air, Animals, and Creativity - Whispe
    The Goddess of Electricity, Weather, and Justice - Lumis
    The Goddess of Ice, Seasons, and Wishing - Avala
    The God of Fire, Joy, and Surprises - Ferno
    The God of Light, Health, and Protection - Vivius
    The God of Darkness, Love, and Family - Mortis
    The God of Earth, Farming, and Cooking - Grine

Afterwards, they will be admitted to the academy of their element and will be taught more about Tuphere and they will learn to use their powers. Time will pause for them to go through the academy, so large amounts of amphites are chosen at a time. During their time at the academies, every amphite will select a weapon class. Each level is the same for every amphite with that same weapon class, save for the final one. An amphite's ultimate weapon is created specifically for them based on their skills and abilities.

At the graduation of the academies, all the amphites who have graduated will form a group of at least 4 people they will fight and do missions with called a guild. Those who aren't in a full guild will be allowed to work alone, in groups of two or three called a party, without a guild emblem or guild name, or join an already established guild. Guilds have both a leader and a deputy leader, also known as the second-in-command.

Guilds can pledge their allegiance to a certain God or Goddess in exchange for their help and power. This will happen once the founding members of a guild has completed 25 missions, after which the guild members will go see Elwin for a new mission to prove their worth to the God(dess) they want to pledge to.

Each Amphite has a pet called a Guardian. They are magical animals, like the mascots from Pretty Cure, lower stage Digimon, smaller Pokemon or the fairies from Yuna Yuki is a Hero! They are earned when getting to the Animal form and as such, should portray to the animal type of their linked Amphite.

Quest givers will oftentimes be NPCs if there is nobody else available. To advance to a new form, the amphite must have completed a certain amount of quests together, and go see the designated NPC. The forms are all listed below, as well as the amount of quests and what NPC to go to.

The Amphone
    Using the amphone, an amphite can transform and summon their weapon, as well as travel between worlds. It is the single most important object an amphite can have. It allows them to check on missions and store equipment, as well as communicate with other amphites. Important notices are also given out through the amphones.
    SA75nYW.png

Center/0. Go to Tuphere
    1. Summon Weapon
    2. Summon Item/Guardian
    3. Receive Urgent Quest
    4. View Quests
    5. Messages
    6. Video Chat
    7. Call
    8. View Tuphere Map
    9. Magic form - Normal transformation. No specific theme
    10. Animal form - Costume has animal features. Think Tokyo Mew Mew or KiraKira Precure A La Mode
    11. Flower form - Costume has flower properties. Flowers often have some sort of meaning, so this could be incorporated into attacks.
    12. Gemstone form - Costume has gem properties (ex: Emerald is green) Attacks often do with gemology.
    13. Food form - Sweet properties. I was running out of ideas. Costumes are like KiraKira Precure A La Mode. Attacks could be based off cooking and food?
    14. Musical form - Music properties. Each amphite's form is based off a dance style or style of music which the incorporate into sound based attacks. Theres not an image of all of them, but these Lollipop Hipop, Popcorn Cheer, Pine Arabian, Macademia Hula Dancer, Coconuts Samba, Cherry Flamenco, Sherbet Ballet, and Anmitsu Komachi. You can probably google them or go to Pretty Cure Wiki and find them all.
    15. Underwater form - Ability to breathe and fight underwater, Water elementals and aquatic animal forms don't need this forms, but it powers up their attacks as well.
    16. Winged form - Ability to use wings to fly. People with winged animal forms and air elementals do not need to use this, but it powers up their attacks as well.
    17. Dream form - Ability to see the thoughts of enemies and other amphites, as well as turn invisible
    18. Ultimate form - The most powerful form an amphite can achieve, but each use comes with a sacrifice for a period of time. 100 missions. Go to the God or Goddess that your guild has pledged allegiance to. Think Yuna Yuki's Mankai. You could lose the ability to walk, memories, or senses. To use the Ultimate form while still suffering from a sacrifice means that whatever was lost is gone permanently.

Places in Tuphere
    Tupherian Square: The Capitol of Tuphere. A large city that is the main hub for amphites.
    Notable Places: Dreampetal Retreat, Little Pet Ranch, Pine Rose Florists, Jewel Shining Apparel, Iron Fist Forges, The Fridge, Gentle Waves Clinic, Tuphere Castle.

Glassrose City: A city within the desert near Tupherian Square. It specializes in pottery and glassblowing, and has stronger weapons and armor than those in Tupherian Square.
    Notable Places: TBA

Blue Wave Isles: Off into the sea, the Blue Wave Isles are home to a people who live off the land, fishing, hunting, and growing food. Every year, there's a ceremony in which someone is selected to have a child with the Goddess Liquire, and that child becomes one of the island's few amphite guardians. Other children and people do become Amphites, however they focus only on protecting the island for the most part.
    Notable Places: TBA

• RULES
    the obligatory rules and stuff
    - Be kind and courteous towards others! Don't leave anyone out when plotting.

- The standard 'don't powerplay or godmod, unless given explicit permission to do so'. Except for NPCs. You can do whatever you want with them TBH. Just like, no killing important characters.

- Demi-god characters are limited to one per person - though they don't have to be the same element as their godly parent. They may be a little more knowledgeble about Tuphere and a bit more skilled in magic, but they should not be overpowered. Mortis only takes one person as a spouse because he is the god of love and family, so any children or Mortis must be full siblings.

- There isn't a limit to how many characters one can play otherwise. As many as you can handle is fine!

- This is based off my original story, Stellar Tomorrow. You can find it here, with the haha unfunny jokes I put as I transferred it to AO3. Keep in mind it IS old and I should really update it but...

- There also isn't any restrictions other than one demi-god per person. Make a teacher or make a student, or make some random guy in Tuphere who works with Joe Dann the photography man.

- Characters obviously must be approved before they can join in the role play.

- Amphites can have jobs around Tuphere as well. For example, you could be an apprentice blacksmith or medic.

- Characters can be from anywhere on Earth or from Tuphere itself.

- This RP is being developed as we go, so please bear with me as we develop this together :D

- Please use anime faceclaims! If needed, I can help you find them!

• APPLICATIONS/SHEET
    the application requirements! go wild with your formatting and stuff!, just make sure you have the necessary information!
    (* = that a section can be left blank for the time being)
    FULL NAME:
    GENDER + PRONOUNS:
    CURRENT LOCATION/HOME:
    FACE CLAIM:
    APPEARANCE:
    SCARS, BODY MODIFICATIONS, PHYSICAL/MENTAL IMPAIRMENTS:
    HISTORY: (can be as brief or detailed as you want)
    PERSONALITY: (can be as brief or detailed as you want)
    ELEMENT:
    WEAPON CLASS:
    *GUILD OR PARTY MEMBERS:
    MAGIC FORM:
    *ANIMAL FORM:
    *FLOWER FORM:
    *GEMSTONE FORM:
    *MUSICAL FORM:
    *FOOD FORM:
    *UNDERWATER FORM:
    *WINGED FORM:
    *DREAM FORM:
    *ULTIMATE FORM:

• RESOURCES
    various resources for character creation

DISCORD SERVER: Join the astral dreams Discord Server!

Here are some resources that I use to come up with forms for characters. Take the quiz as if you were your character. Different quizzes will give different answers, so pick the one you like most, or just pick something you like in general.

ANIMAL FORM

FLOWER FORM

GEMSTONE FORM

MUSICAL FORM

FOOD FORM

WEAPONS

ALL

FACECLAIMS

• CENSUS
    list of accepted characters + guilds + NPCs (note that NPCs do not have faceclaims, but a small appearance blurb can be provided if need be)
    (guilds/parties marked with * are recruiting!)
    NEW AMPHITES
    Name / Gender / Age / Element / Weapon / Guild / RPer

VETERAN AMPHITES
    Name / Gender / Age / Element / Weapon / Guild / RPer

NPCS
    DIVINES
    Liquire: Elegant and wise. Often looked up to by the fellow divines
    ->Role: Goddess of Water, Travelling, and Fishing.

Whispe: A bit air-headed, but does her best. Carefree and kind.
    ->Role: Goddess of Air, Animals, and Creativity.

Lumis: The most serious out of all the divines. Shockingly powerful
    ->Role: Goddess of Electricity, Weather, and Justice.

Avala: Quiet, but very intelligent. An observer and keeper of knowledge.
    ->Role: Goddess of Ice, Seasons, and Wishing.

Ferno: Tries to stay cool, but is very energetic and loud-mouthed
    ->Role: God of Fire, Joy, and Surprises.

Mortis: The laid back God. He tends to observe others and gossip about them.
    ->Role: God of Darkness, Love, and Family.

Vivius: Always looking something to do, Vivius focuses on training to vanquish evil.
    ->Role: God of Light, Health, and Protection.

Grine: Prefers not to speak with words, but is very thoughtful.
    ->Role: God of Earth, Farming, and Cooking.

TUPHERIAN SQUARE
    Roderick Elwin: A descendant of the people behind the Amphone and the current leader of the Amphites, as well as king of Tuphere. More commonly known as Elwin. The father of Rowan and Rina. Elwin is a light elemental.
    ->Roles: Gives out missions, chooses amphites, gives the elemental assessment. Helps amphites to join guilds.

Amili Warren: The owner of the Little Pet Ranch. She gives the quest of finding a Guardian to Amphites and helps them learn to control their Animal Forms. She is kind and sweet, but when a Guardian is mistreated, she will bite your head off. Amilie is an electricity elemental.
    ->Roles: Gives out Animal Form mission, sells and breeds pets. Owner of Little Pet Ranch.

Rowan Elwin: The owner of the Florists in Tupherian Square. He gives Amphites the quest of finding their Soul Flower in his flower garden and helps them to control their flower forms.. He is very excitable and loves flowers a whole lot! But he'll yell at you if you damage them. Rowan is an earth elemental.
    ->Roles: Gives out Flower Form Mission, grows the roses used in the elemental assessment, creates bouquets and flower arrangements for amphites. Owner of Pine Rose Florists.

Jerrick Almas: Jerrick is the younger brother of Jessica and the owner of the apparel-shop in Tupherian Square. He and his sister, Jessica, give Amphites the quest to find their Heart Gems and help them control their gemstone forms . He is stoic and tends to keep to himself. However, he is a talented tailor and jeweler. Jerrick is a darkness elemental.
    ->Role: Gives Gemstone Form mission, mines gems, creates and sells clothing and jewelry. Owner of Jewel Shining Apparel.

Jessica Almas: The elder sister of Jerrick and the owner of the blacksmiths in Tupherian Square. She and her brother give Amphites the quest to find their Heart Gems and helps them control their gemstone forms. Jessica is very loving towards her younger brother. She tends to joke around with others, and always tries to make people smile. Jessica is an air elemental.
    ->Role: Gives Gemstone Form mission, mines gems and metals, creates and sells weaponry, helps Amphites pick out their weapons. Owner of Iron Fist Forges.

Illiya Fjolla: Illiya is a dancer and idol, and the owner of concert hall and music and dance studio. She gives Amphites the quest to find their Tempotappers and helps them control their musical forms. Illiya tries her hardest to be cool, but she can be incredibly clumsy when she's not paying attention. She's bad at noticing the little details and, despite trying her hardest to make sure everyone is okay, she doesn't exactly understand everyone's problems.
    ->Role: Gives Musical Form mission, teaches music and dance, performs as an idol. Owner of Frostbeat Music and Dance Studio.

Rina Elwin: A young girl who, surprisingly, is a powerful Amphite, and the owner of a restaurant. She gives Amphites the quest to find their Taysties and helps them control their food forms. Rina is a talented chef and fighter, however she lacks patience and maturity, getting upset easily. Rina is a fire elemental.
    ->Role: Gives Food Form mission, cooks for for Amphites. Owner of The Fridge.

Reef Castleton: A doctor in Tupherian Square. He's a bit shy but always strives to help others out. He can easily diagnose problems with someone and works very hard to help them heal. Reef is a water elemental.
    ->Role: Gives missions, heals hurt Amphites. Owner of Gentle Waves Clinic.

OTHER
    Brook Fishel:
    A merman residing in Liquire's realm. He gives Amphites the quest to earn their Mystic Water Lockets and helps them control their underwater forms. Nervous and easily startled, Brook tries to do his best, but is incredibly clumsy. Brook is a water elemental.
    ->Role: Gives out the Underwater Form Mission. Helps amphites in Liquire's realm.

Auri Zues: An amphite from Wispe's realm. She asks amphites to help her fight the monsters in the realm. Gives amphites the Wing charm to add to their lockets and enables them to use their Winged Forms, and helps them understand how to use the form. Quiet and understanding. Auri is an air elemental.
    ->Role: Gives out Winged Form Mission. Helps amphites in Whispe's realm.

Glyxon Nisha: A spiritual warrior from the Spirita village on the border between the realms of Mortis and Vivius. Gives amphites the Mystic charm to add to their lockets and enables them to use Dream Forms, and helps them understand how to use the form. Cold, doesn't seem to care. Glyxon is a darkness elemental.
    ->Role: Gives out Dream Form mission. Helps amphites in Mortis's realm.

GUILDS
    LIGHT CHASERS (NPC GUILD)
    Leader: Roderick Elwin
    Deputy Leader: Ryan Elwin
    Members:
    Amilie Warren
    Rowan Elwin
    Jerrick Almas
    Jessica Almas
    Illya Fjolla
    Rina Elwin
    Reef Castleton
    Brook Fishel
    Auri Zues
    Glyxon Nisha

PARTIES
    None yet.
Code by Jenamos | Inspired by MaryGold

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kroyote
howdy hey! i'm not exactly sure if i should post here or not, so if not lemme know and i'll delete!

i'd totally be interested in joining in throwing a character or two in :)

Reactions: AnemoVictorious
oh you're totally fine! you can post here! ^o^
here are my character sheets by the way!
they aren't finished but they do exist!
crescent moons and shining stars - character storage for astral dreams
im gonna try and make the discord server today (i just woke up at 4 am my time. Thrilling! Is This My Body Torturing Me As It Always Does?) but i can be completely unreliable so dont be surprised if its literally just a singular channel with me and a bot *o*"

edit: discord server is live! it's under tab 4! just @ me when u get in there bc i keep everything muted.

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Reactions: kroyote
Look good
sorry, this seems a little vague, what does this mean? does it mean you're interested in joining or are you just saying the thread looks good?

on another note - anyone's free to hop into the discord if they're interested and would like help with plotting! ^_^

Oh my bad the rp looks good and I'd like to give it a go

Reactions: AnemoVictorious
cool! feel free to start working on a character and/or hop in the discord!
if you need help let me know!

I was thinking the mysterious big brother type since I'm probally the oldest here lol. I was thinking he could be the mediator for the goddess but also help out and more.

hmm...

im not sure that being a mediator would work, since a role like that is somewhat given to the npcs + the divines are very open with tuphere and it's civilians. plus, all the amphites help out via quests/missions! ^_^
otherwise, a big brother character would be cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.