Asteris Academy of Light and Praise

Kate felt a nudge and turned to look where Seka was indicating. Demons? It hadn't occurred to her before but it made sense, if angels existed surely the opposing side did as well. She shuddered, that was a scary thought. Looking at the pictures it was a full out battle with winged angels firing holy bolts, or whatever, at the black horned beings. The devil fought back with long black swords that looked like they were made of smoke. All the fighters of the battle wore robes and togas from the roman era... strange.

"You think that battle actually happened?" Kate asked quietly.

I nod, "I'm sure it did. Why else depict it in a mural? Think that it represents the falling of the angels?" My eyebrows knit together as I try to not think about it.
I look at the mural again and wonder what the strange outfits were for.
"Think the robes are traditional wear, you know, 'up there'?" I point my finger to the ceiling trying to gesture to Heaven. But then the thought occurs to me about the fact that we are dead. So are we in Heaven? Does that mean I should not have pointed upwards because Heaven is technically all around us? Or are we on..

"Miss Seka! Please, play attention. I'm trying to explain the class rules" Mr Wilson fusses.
"Yes, sir. 'M sorry" I bow my head and feel myself blush

I refrain from talking to Seka Mr Wilson's rules get explained. And he said he wasn't boring, ha. Suddenly he stops in front of a large blue door.

"Welcome to your classroom for the rest of the year," he says pushing the door open.

WHAT?! Since when do schools have beaches as classrooms? Kate thought, BEACHES! Seriously. There is soft white sand everywhere and waves are lapping at the shore just further down from the door. As we walk in most of the students are grinning and remarking on the awesome location of our classroom. There is a large ring of flat rocks and Mr Wilson indicates for all of us to take a seat on one.

Ok, maybe he isn't that boring...

"Oh, my.." I look at the gorgeous scenery and almost forget to question how this is possible. Then again, I did just die and now I'm angel.

Angelina smiled nodding her head at the location of the classoom. Not boring indeed. Angelina then sat down on one of the rocks motioning for her new friends to join her.

I sit down next to Angelina, and then wait for Kate to come as well.
"Is this rock taken?" I point next to Angelina and get a small smile on my face.

Kate quickly joined her friends and grinned.

"How absolutely awesome is this?" she asked.

Mr Wilson cleared his throat once everyone was seated and started explaining the different classes. Most of it was fairly standard, Math and Writing Skills type stuff, but a few subjects made Kate raise an eyebrow. Instead of PE there was Mixed Martial Arts. Wow. And "Personal Study" what was that? She groaned when he mentioned chemistry though, she hated chem with a passion.

"Definetly not." Angelina said to her.
Angelina smiled at Kate. "This is amazing."

I sit next to Angelina, and readjust my corset. "This is amazing!" I agree with Kate, and see how Angelina likes it. Personal study? Like study hall? I twitch my face as I try to understand that ways of angels.
"Alright class," Mr. Wilson claps his hands to get our attention. "Time for your first English writing assignment." Some of the girls to our left groan and he snaps a warning look in their direction. His look makes them tuck into themselves with shame and they squeak their sorry's. "I would like you to write about the things you last remember before dying. You're last memories. What did it feel like to die? How did you die?"

This assignment makes everyone become nervous and become stone-cold silent.

Geez.

Angelina's breathing stooped and she became pale. Her....death. Flashes came back.
Blood, screaming, tears. Death, laughing, voices, so many voices.
She gasped softly and clenched her teeth looking down as her bangs covered her eyes.

Kate didn't particularly want to even think about her death let alone write about it. By the look on her new friends faces neither did they.