Assault on Iwaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pirogeth

Original poster
Alright so I am working on set two now and it’s looking to be a much smaller set indeed. However, that doesn’t mean it won’t be interesting. So for now I’m here to give you all a promo card honoring the latest balance in the power known as the Admin.

[align=center]
JackShadePurveyorofTorture.jpg
[/align]

Because I I like to give you all a few spoilers before set release, and I'm really liking the cards, I'm going to give you these two to also give you an idea how the colors vs. Artifacts is turning out.

[align=center]
MiruCreatoroftheMeek.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
XiosWorldShredder.jpg
[/align]

Agreed! I highly endorse!

New day today so I'll reveal...hmm these three.

AwakeningtheAncients.jpg

PirogethLordofSecrets.jpg

SakuraLittleAngel.jpg

So as you could see from my last spoiler I've been toying with this idea of Ancients coming to save us against the spiders. So here are the Ancients that I currently have made up enjoy.

GosaiDragon.jpg

ComahLeaderIncarnate.jpg

KendutheOrdained.jpg

NaneMaidenofAncients.jpg

NaturalJudgeIsciam.jpg

VineIgniterPedeimg.jpg

Bonus points to those of you who can guess who the five mulitcolor Ancients are based on.

Some spiders and names you can make your own assumptions about.

AngelofValhalla.jpg

DianaInvasionArchitect.jpg

ElderSiegeModule.jpg

ElderTankModule.jpg

MatterEradicator.jpg

I admit I've kinda been neglecting to apease the black players here. Not a single card on this spoiler list has been monoblack yet and well here's a five card monoblack spoiler for them.

TuxViralDissolver.jpg

RotwoodWolf.jpg

RotwoodSummoner.jpg

RotwoodKnight.jpg

RotwoodAncient.jpg

Hope you enjoyed your zombie-esque shenannigans. I'm closing in on the final cards here so a full list will be coming soon.

I like what I see.

As for the dragons...

*grabs the Infinity Bandana, the M-134 Minigun, and an M-47 Dragon msisile launcher.*

Been on a Peace Walker kick, you see...

Glad to see some hype over this heh. And time for a cardless update.

The biggest thing that has been holding me up is good digital art and this reason alone holds up the sets themselves for several months. (Reason why this did not release so soon after Leaders of Iwaku) I mainly use Deviant Art and I have not been too good at giving the artists their credit even though if there is a nice signature in the art I try to include it. I think the set after this though, "Living Dead," will have a much more natural look to the card as I will be including the artist. This way I can give credit where credit is due and have a much nicer looking card set.

As far as Living Dead goes I'll probably reserve that set for summer this year. I do have a few images for it already but a few is not exactly the 125 I need. So here's the gimmicky gimmick. If you are a Digital Artist (like the stuff seen in the cards created so far) I'll be happy to accept any kind of art you want to produce for that set. Of course the set name alone hints to zombies galore but it will be much more than that. I can give further details when Assault on Iwaku is finally released. And thanks for all the interest everyone.

I had some good fun making this set and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have. So I give to you all:

[align=center]Assault on Iwaku[/align]

AncestralLight.jpg

AncientTemplar.jpg

AngelofValhalla-1.jpg

AngelicOath.jpg

Corona.jpg

DecisiveStrike.jpg

EssenceofThor.jpg

ForgedAngel.jpg

HaloofProtection.jpg

InvasionSurvivor.jpg

KittitheGreywing.jpg

LadyofAesir.jpg

LiaisontotheMeek.jpg

ManaFlux.jpg

NewRising.jpg

Pimprat.jpg

ReliconSoldier.jpg

SakurasValkyrie.jpg

SakuraLittleAngel.jpg

SolarCannonModule.jpg

TurntheField.jpg

VenerablePriest.jpg

AncientShifter.jpg

Annul.jpg

BookofFate.jpg

DeusEx.jpg

DimensionalDistabiliization.jpg

Eitri.jpg

HeroofMidgard.jpg

Hijacker.jpg

IcelandicViking.jpg

Jormungand.jpg

Longboat.jpg

Moderate.jpg

NightRaidValkyrie.jpg

PirogethLordofSecrets-1.jpg

ReportDrone.jpg

RiftStorm.jpg

ShiftingBug.jpg

ShiftingLeviathan.jpg

ShiftingVirus.jpg

TurntheCurrents.jpg

Worldeater.jpg

Xindaris.jpg

AgentofFenrir.jpg

AsmodeusCycleAugur.jpg

AuraoftheNecropolis.jpg

Deviant.jpg

DevourWhole.jpg

DimensionalCollapse.jpg

EssenceofLoki.jpg

EvilConstruct.jpg

FleshcraftZombie.jpg

JotunheimrTutor.jpg

LokisValkyrie.jpg

RevivetheWicked.jpg

RotwoodAncient-1.jpg

RotwoodKnight-1.jpg

RotwoodSummoner.jpg

RotwoodWolf-1.jpg

TurntheDead.jpg

TuxViralDissolver-1.jpg

TwilightRitual.jpg

UnquelledZombie.jpg

WallofCorpses.jpg

WarmasterDeath.jpg

AncientDefense.jpg

AncientMessenger.jpg

AwakeningtheAncients-1.jpg

Brokkr.jpg

ChanneltheAncients.jpg

DianaInvasionArchitect-1.jpg

ElderSlayer.jpg

EscapetheFray.jpg

EssenceofOdin.jpg

Flamer.jpg

GosaiDragon-1.jpg

GrievetheInsane.jpg

KingofAllWeavel.jpg

ManaCannonSpider.jpg

MountainValkyrie.jpg

OrcofGosai.jpg

Sleipnir.jpg

SpamiteVenom.jpg

ThorsLightning.jpg

TurntheFlow.jpg

VikingBerserker.jpg

VikingRaider.jpg

BarrierofCreation.jpg

CorrosionSpider.jpg

DeepwoodGuardian.jpg

DeepwoodIguana.jpg

DeepwoodSprout.jpg

ExpedientExpedition.jpg

GuardianoftheMeek.jpg

IkeFeralWolf.jpg

MageclawOwl.jpg

MiruCreatoroftheMeek-1.jpg

NaturalDisaster.jpg

Naturalize.jpg

OkamiJigoku.jpg

RotwoodMutant.jpg

RotwoodPest.jpg

RotwoodSafeguard.jpg

ShiroOkami.jpg

SlimeoftheCreator.jpg

Troll.jpg

TurntheWinds.jpg

TwoinOne.jpg

Yggdrasil.jpg

ComahLeaderIncarnate-1.jpg

ConfluenceBomb.jpg

FallenGrandmaster.jpg

JackShadePurveyorofTorture-1.jpg

KendutheOrdained-1.jpg

NaneMaidenofAncients-1.jpg

NaturalJudgeIsciam-1.jpg

PirosConstruct.jpg

TorstyVikingCommander.jpg

VineIgniterPedeimg-1.jpg

Andvarinaut.jpg

ArmorStrider.jpg

BulletSprayDrone.jpg

DistortionNode.jpg

Elder.jpg

ElderSiegeModule-1.jpg

ElderSpeedModule.jpg

ElderTankModule.jpg

Gungnir.jpg

MatterEradicator-1.jpg

Mjolnir.jpg

MonolithofConfluence.jpg

MonolithofDreamweaving.jpg

MonolithofRealityBending.jpg

MonolithofSoulArt.jpg

NuisanceEngine.jpg

SeismicRoughian.jpg

StragglerSeeker.jpg

TemplarRemnant.jpg

TrashConversionModule.jpg

XiosWorldShredder-1.jpg

AiruneForest.jpg

AncientsForest.jpg

AngelicPrecinct.jpg

CreatorsHall.jpg

GateofGosai.jpg

Necropolis.jpg

PitsofGosai.jpg

ProlificLake.jpg

ShapeshiftTown.jpg

TemplarLighthouse.jpg

Let me know your favorites and ideas you would like to see in the final set of this block.

Edited in for Relevance: http://space-kitten.org/iwaku/showthread.php?t=2736&page=2

Weavel's made me giggle. XD

These are so amazing. <3 I love them.

mmm, Archy has yet to appear in either of these. I think I might want to see what some of that third block's cards are like before I ask for one, though I've been thinking along the lines of using split second, suspension, and something that re-suspends her whenever combat would kill her to show off her dimensional travel abilities.

Alternatively, just absorb and haste so she can RIP AND TEAR.

Nice work on the cards, though. I really like the Barrier of Creation...so simple, and yet...

now i must learn how to use my card!

BRILLIANCE!

great work dude! i look forward to seeing images of such cards in reality! (i may even print my own one out if thats cool)

also, karma for using rogal dorn as wmd's image!

Heh glad you like it. As far as the cards being physically printed........do accept copy paper XD.

There is a program out there called Apprentice that I can export the sets to. In addition I also have a program to make a .zip file out of that export so that way I can send people that if they want to play this. (Unfortunately there is quite a few extra steps to this process I'm not mentioning for simplicity's sake)

The WMD card though is very interesting and I think it is one of the most powerful singular Black cards in the set. It is protected from artifact effects and damage with the pro artifacts ability. In addition Intimidate only allows black or artifact creatures to block him...but because he has protection from artifacts, artifact creatures, ie the spiders, cannot block him either. Finally to put the icing on the cake he's indestructible. He cannot be destroyed by destroy effects, damage, or combat damage. The only way to get rid of him is through Exile effects which would remove him from the game.

Also to further explain the challenge I made to all you digital artists out there.

The next set I said would be worked on probably this summer. So by mid June at the latest I would need your art to be finished. When doing the art you might want to keep in mind exactly what kind of card you would make that art for. Whether it be White for loyal soldiers and religious protical, Blue for it's law abiding feel and delegation of spells, Black for the undeath and sacrifice for power, Red for sheer brutality and blazing spirit, or Green for nature and a growing wild.

As far as specifics go I'll be including more zombies, dragons, and probably have a need for random spells as well. Whatever you guys come up with would be much appreciated. Trying to keep to the style I have set down in the cards is also appreciated. Main things I'd like is a focus, a background, and a color that could probably be matched to the artwork. And remember next set I'll be crediting everyone :).

lol I got some ideas on the reality bending side.

New rules:
Signature - X (If you have the permanent X in play, this card can be played for just it's noncolor mana cost.) =In other words, Manifold Perception below can be played just for X if Paorou-sama, the true dominion is in play.=

Reality Bend X - Y (This spell costs X less to play if a Y type of spell has resolved during the turn. The cost reduction does not stack if multiple spells of the same type have been played.) *Multiple reality bend effects from different sources do stack, however.

Errata: Since Reality Benders worry about spell resolution, it must be defined. A spell resolves when it's effects have come into play. A resolved spell has not been countered, or removed from the stack. These are spells that have been 'casted properly'.

Paorou-sama, The True Dominion GRRB
Planeswalker - Paorou-sama - Mythic Rare
+1 - Target creature you control has intimidate, trample and double strike until end of turn.
0 - Paorou-same, The True Dominion deals 1 damage and puts a -1/-1 counter on every creature on the battlefield.
-5 - Put an emblem that has "At the beginning of each combat phase, You may deal 5 damage to target player. If the target player takes at least one point of damage as a result of this ability, no player may prevent damage nor gain life until end of turn." into play.
Loyalty 3

Manifold Perception XGRB
Sorcery - Rare
Signature - Paorou-sama, The True Dominion (If you have Paorou-sama, The True Dominion in play, this card can be played for X.)
Reality Bend X - Sorcery (If a sorcery has resolved this turn, this spell costs X less to play.) X is the converted casting cost of the last sorcery that resolved. (Prior to Manifold Perception's resolution.)
Destroy X target permanents with converted mana cost X or less.
"Paorou's fearsome golden eyes eradicated every facet of reality he deemed inconsistent with his own vision. This is probably why Insanity was a blasted wasteland most of the time."

Bend Truth 3UU
Tribal Instant - Wizard - Uncommon
Reality Bend 2 - Instant (If an instant has resolved this turn, this card costs 2 less to play)
Target spell's controller removes the spell from the stack, and then exiles it. He/she searches his deck for a card of the same type (instant, enchantment, creature, etc.) with the same converted mana cost. That player reveals it and puts it into his/her hand. He/she may play that card for no mana cost until end of turn.
"Look at my hand. The tickets are now diamonds."

Reality Burning 3RR
Reality Bend 2 - Instant (If an instant has resolved this turn, this card costs 2 less to play)
Target spell's controller takes x damage, where x is the target spell's converted mana cost.
"Ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire."

Existence Bending 3WW
Exile target creature. It's controller may return another exiled creature into play.
"I don't like your face. Get a new one."

Thought Anomaly 3BB
Target player reveals his hand and discards two cards. He/she returns a card from his/her graveyard into his/her hand.
"No John, you are the zombies."

Will unto Vigor 3GG
Target creature gains +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the total converted casting costs of all spells that resolved this turn.
"HUGE, HUGE, HUGE!"

Bread Cult Janissary GR
Creature - Cook Warrior - Uncommon
When Bread Cult Janissary comes into play, deal one damage to each other creature on the battlefield.
"Men differ from beasts in that they cook and serve their food. This is why Skhone prefers the offerings of man to everything else."
2/2

Initiate Baker-Sorcerer RB
Creature - Cook Wizard - Uncommon
T, Sacrifice a creature : Initiate Baker-sorcerer deals damage equal to it's power to target creature or player.
"They have been taught the most basic law of the universe: to gain something, you must give something in return."
1/2

Baker Militants 2R
Creature - Cook Soldier - Common
"The servants of the Bread God Skhone, whose life's work is the creation of the perfect demon-bread. We just happen to be their preferred ingredient."
3/2

Bread-washed Slave R
Creature - Human - Common
Sacrifice Bread-washed Slave: add R to your mana pool.
"See that mindless guy with the loaf of bread over there? Don't hate him. In fact, pity him. His final fate is to be fuel for their spells."
1/1

Bender's Summons 3G
Enchantment - Uncommon
Select a tribal type. All creature spells you cast have Reality Bend 1 - The selected tribal type. (If a spell of the tribal type has resolved this turn, your creature spells cost one less to play.)
"In Insanity, the land forges bread cultists out of thin air to fight you."

Bender's Barrage 3R
Enchantment - Uncommon
All your instant and sorcery spells have Reality Bend 1 - Instant, and Reality Bend 1 - Sorcery.
"The trick to Reality Bending is overwhelming your opponent's wits. Change too many things, and they'll miss out on details that they should've noticed."

Bender's Stratagem 3W
Enchantment - Uncommon
Flash
All your spells have Reality Bend 1 - Enchantment.
"Make things more realistic? This is as real as it gets." - Paorou-sama

Bender's Forecast 3U
Enchantment - Uncommon
Whenever you would draw a card, you may reveal it. If you do, all your spells have "Reality Bend 1 - the revealed card's spell type" until end of turn.
"Allow me to narrate your demise."

Bender's Manipulation 3B
Enchantment - Uncommon
As Bender's manipulation comes into play, target opponent reveals a card at random. Exile that card. All your spells have Reality Bend 1 - The exiled card's spell type. When Bender's manipulation is removed from the battlefield, return the exiled card to opponent's hand.
"Just because I bend reality, it doesn't mean that I have to be original."

Demon-bread Crusade 2RRR
Tribal Sorcery - Cook - Common
Signature - Baker Militants (If Baker Militants is in play under your control, you can play this spell for 2.)
Select a target creature on the battlefield. It's controller may choose to sacrifice it, or Demon-bread Crusade deals 3 damage to all creatures other than target creature that he/she controls.
"We will have that woman, or Skhone will feast upon your charred remains!"

Invigorate the Will 4UU
Tribal Sorcery - Wizard - Common
Reality Bend 2 - Wizard (This card costs two less to play if a tribal Wizard spell has resolved this turn.)
Draw four cards.

Captain Nic, Arm of Teknika 1WUB
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier - Rare
1WUB: If Captain Nic, Arm of Teknika has entered the battlefield at least once during the course of the game, return Captain Nic, Arm of Teknika into play under your control. (This ability can be played from anywhere, even from outside the game.)
"You can't kill him, even if he died."
3/3

Arsenal of the Mind 3WUB
Enchantment - Mythic Rare
Signature - Captain Nic, Arm of Teknika (If Captain Nic, Arm of Teknika is in play under your control, you can play this spell for 3.)
When Arsenal of the Mind comes into play, search your library for any number of artifacts and exile them. Exile all artifacts in your graveyard.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put an exiled artifact into play under your control.
WUB, Sacrifice Arsenal of the Mind : Put any number of exiled artifact equipments into play under your control, and attach it to Captain Nic, Arm of Teknika.

Imagination Savant U
Creature - Human Wizard - Common
As long as Imagination Savant is untapped, all spells you cast gain Reality Bend 1 - Creature. (It costs 1 less to cast if a creature spell has resolved this turn.)
"Reality is but a canvas for our imagination to paint on."
1/1

Intresting ideas although Signature does come real close to being a little Yugioh. Reality Bending though is an ability I could very much see as a playable ability for cards. Only thing is the next set is part of this same block and I can't really just randomly introduce new keywords at this point. HOWEVER, I will be making single set expansions after this block. (Once again due to the fact artwork is the biggest factor in delays.) And I'm sure I'll be using Reality Bending as a keyword for one of those sets.

I will have to review Signature though. See if I can work it into the concept that has been established in MTG. And as for the Planeswalker, well I might tone him down a bit. Paorou's powers are pretty outrageous for his cost but he will be worth the mythic title :)

Thank you everyone so far for the feedback. I will get to working on "Living Death" in a couple months.

Lol, I wanted signature to actually hit tribal, but then realized that I can't imagine certain 'personalized' spells being used (easily) by any other wizard or human. Also, I remember certain MTG spells naming specific permanents in their effects to get an advantage, so I don't think Signature is too bad. (Grandeur, Nissa Revane, Blast Station/s and the Unspeakable/Unthinkable come into mind.)

Maybe we can call it Confluence - X instead. (If a card of X type has resolved this turn, choose a color. This spell can be played as if costs of that color were noncolor.) Like Reality Bend, this does not stack on it's own, but you can have multiple confluence effects from different sources stack.

So Reality Bending and Confluence oppose each other but generally do the same thing. (Which is somehow true in the meta-discussions Iwaku Characters have with each others regarding their abilities.) This means that they don't have to be mutually exclusive, and it allows for this card:

Achieve True Dominion WGRBU
Enchantment - Mythic Rare
Flash
As you play this spell, you may "Reality Bend 1 - Any single nontribal type" up to five times, provided they are all different types.
As you play this spell, you may "Confluence - Any single nontribal type" up to five times, provided they are all different types.
All spells you cast have "Reality Bend 1 - Their own spell type" and "Confluence - Their own spell type".

Here are more along the confluence line:

Disbelieve WU
Instant - Uncommon
Confluence - Instant (If an instant spell has resolved this turn, select a color. You may play Disbelieve as if all costs for that color were noncolor.)
Counter target spell, unless opponent chooses not to cast any more spells of the target spell's type until end of turn.
"How illogical."

Endure the Odds GW
Instant - Uncommon
Confluence - Instant (If an instant spell has resolved this turn, select a color. You may play Endure the Odds as if all costs for that color were noncolor.)
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target creature, unless the source's controller chooses to have it gain shroud until end of turn. If he/she chooses the latter, prevent one of that damage instead.
"Try that again. It takes more than a few shards of light to kill me."

Brutal Surge RG
Instant - Uncommon
Confluence - Instant (If an instant spell has resolved this turn, select a color. You may play Brutal Surge as if all costs for that color were noncolor.)
Target creature gains +3/+3 and Trample until end of turn, unless an opponent chooses to have Brutalize deal 4 damage to a target creature or player of your choice.
"I'm definitely taking something away from this battle - Your severed head, perhaps?"

Swift Dismembering BR
Instant - Uncommon
Confluence - Instant (If an instant spell has resolved this turn, select a color. You may play Swift Dismembering as if all costs for that color were noncolor.)
Destroy target creature, unless its controller chooses to put two -1/-1 counters on it instead.
"Cut off his leg at the thigh and he probably dies of blood loss, unless he chooses to live a few more moments one-legged."

Dim Thought UB
Instant - Uncommon
Confluence - Instant (If an instant spell has resolved this turn, select a color. You may play Dim Thought as if all costs for that color were noncolor.)
Target player reveals his/her hand and discards one card of your choice, unless he/she puts the top five cards of his library into his graveyard.
"Stop Reality Benders from perceiving and thinking around the situation, and you've won."

Status
Not open for further replies.