Assassins {With AshenAngel}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey blinked, wondering if what he was seeing was actually there. "Yeah..." He said uneasily, backing away slightly. He didn't trust the other assassin either, but he knew what the bigger threat was. At least, he thought.

Bailey's hand went to his gun, wondering if shooting it would do any good. At the moment, running seemed like the best idea.

The creature let out a low growl and surged forward, and for once the man didn't give a damn about his reputation as he turned tail and flat out sprinted down the hall. He knew the place like the back of his hand due to his cover as he got close to his target for both the kill and the encryption code. Having succeeded in both goals, the man had no problem in getting the frick out of there.

That did it for Bailey as well. He turned tail, following the other assassin as he did not know where to go. He cursed himself however for failing the job and not getting what he was meant to be paid. But his life was worth more. For sure.

The man rounded a corner and hurried down a flight of steps, his long legs allowing him to take them three at a time. He hurried down another hall, and caught sight of a clump of blonde hair poking out from an open room. His heart skipped a beat. His throat went dry. The room seemed to be in slow motion as he passed it. Blood spattered the walls and pooled in the carpet, centered around his partner's limp, lifeless frame. Her dark grey eyes were staring up in perpetual fear. He forced himself to look away, charging on down the hall. He felt like he was going to be sick. He steeled himself once again. That creature had done this. It would die. But in order for him to win, he had to survive and that meant escaping for the minute.

Bailey almost missed the other assassin when he rounded the corner, but quickly caught up. He missed a step however, when he saw the mans partner. His eyes widened in complete horror. What could have done such a thing? He tore his eyes away, trying to focus on the other assassins back and getting out of there.

The man continued running, bolting around another corner and down another flight of stairs, not breaking stride once. They soon came to a garage and he made sure that the other assassin was in before he shut the door and used every single lock on it. A black RangeRover was already sitting there running. At least Tex had completed her part of the mission before she was killed. He quickly got in, and popped open the door for the other assassin. "No killing eachother until we take care of this mess, deal?" He asked the man steadily as he pressed a button and the garage door began to open. There was a lot of banging coming from the other door.

As Bailey followed the other assassin, he wondered what exactly what was following. He's heard stories, but he hadn't actually seen the damn thing himself. He didn't hesitate, vaulting into the car. "Deal," Bailey muttered. "What the hell is that thing?"

"Something bad." The man stated as he quickly sped away from the house. He glanced in the mirror in time to see the creature burst through the door. "Really bad." He stated as he sped out the front gate of the estate. He let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding once he put a safe distance between the estate and them.

"Oh man," Bailey groaned, running his hand through his hair. He sighed, glancing to him. "Was that... Was that your partner?" He thought back to the body they had ran past, cringing. Damn.

"Yes." The man replied solemnly, his grip tightening on the wheel. "I'm dead if I tell the boss what really happened to her. And you're dead if she finds out that you were there. So I think that silence will be the better option." Better that Videl would try to lob his head off with a plastic spoon than the other assassin's.

"Probably," Bailey muttered. "Where are we going?" He hoped the other assassin would keep his end of the deal. He had trusted the man so far, and they had gotten out of there. But what to do now?

"Someplace safe to stay for the night. A decent hotel in the next town. Unless you want to spend the rest of the night back at the estate, or a hotel that that creature would have no problem getting into." He replied gruffly, his hazel eyes locked on the road ahead of him, not showing the swirling hurricane of emotions inside of him.

"Yeah no thanks," Bailey sighed. He thought back to the creature, wondering what it was and why it wanted them. "Do you think that it's the thing that's been killing the others?" That brought up the question on which clan he belonged to. Great, another thing to worry about.

"It had to be. We have a policy about other clans. We don't use force unless attacked first. My boss is a lot scarier than anything an enemy can dish out, and everyone knows it." He spoke easily, still focused on the road. "Is your arm alright?" He asked, glancing over at the assassin with a frown. He'd been able to make out a small tear in the fabric of his shirt in the dim light of the street lamps as they passed by. Undoubtedly, the trusty old revolver digging into his back hadn't missed quite as badly as he originally thought it had in the pitch black struggle.

Bailey thought about his answer. Seems like the other assassin's clan ran things a bit different. When the other assassin mentioned his arm, Baileys eyes widened in surprise. He glanced at it and groaned. He had completely forgotten about it. It was still bleeding. "It'll be fine. Nice shot, by the way."

"Alright. It's just that concierge might give you a little trouble if you try to check in with the bloodstain on your shirt." The man replied evenly. His nerves had slowly unwound from the day's events. "It was blind luck, really. Couldn't see a damn thing. My name's Archaeo, by the way." He introduced him, brushing off the compliment. Luck wasn't something to be complimented for.

Bailey chuckled at that. "My scar is intimidating enough. I always have trouble with them. The blood will be nothing." He shrugged with the mans next comment. "Do you think that thing took out the lights?" Bailey hesitated. "I have two names. Which one do you want?"

"I'm not sure. It could have, but it seems a little far fetched. That thing was more along the lines of a brute than a brain." Archaeo sighed. He had no clue what the hell that thing was. He really didn't want to go back and ask it. Fortunately the topic of names came up and ended the monstrous thoughts. "Whichever one you use the most."

Bailey frowned and shook his head. The damned thing. "Then my name is Bailey for you." He hated his other name, but he did use it when the need arose. His other name held his reputation. But he hated it, and instead used his more common one.

Archaeo nodded, choosing not to say anything else. They'd gotten all of the important questions out of the way, and he was still extremely rattled with the recent events, enough that normal conversation was somewhat lost to him.
Finally, he saw a big Comfort Inn sign glowing in the distance, and he pulled in. Finding a parking spot somewhat close the door, he quickly pulled in. He grabbed a travel worn backpack from the back seat, and got out of the car. He tucked his revolver back into it's hiding place underneath his coat, and moved his wallet from his bag to his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.