Assassin's Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Court." Then she vanished.

"...Ok... so..." Eliza tried to gather her thoughts, still watching for Kurkuna to reappear. "...Not sure how I feel about that..." she whispered, emotions still swirling.

Kurkuna stopped. Suddenly she looked defeated, "I-I'm sorry I don't mean to..." She sat down, "I hate life."

"...Wait, what?" Eliza stopped, not meaning to change things so suddenly. "No, I didn't mean it like that, so, don't get all upset, and...!" Eliza struggled to put together coherent sentences, feeling even more lost than before. Urgh, this is so confusing!! she raged internally, before sitting down next to Kurkuna. "So don't... think like that." she said, slightly awkwardly, confused and not wanting to make things worse.

"You're not the first," she started to cry, "I first told them, they rejected. The next person I flirted, they stabbed me. I just want to he loved, " I'd it wasn't noticeable, she was a little off.

Last edited:
"Ok, I..." Eliza remained hesitant. "I never said... I didn't love you..." she started to explain, but had a hard time believing her own words. "I just... this is too confusing. Everything's going on so fast." she told Kurkuna. "I... I'm not sure what I think about anything right now."

Kurkuna hugged her, "Just...don't leave yet."

"O...ok..." Eliza replied, hesitantly hugging Kurkuna back. This whole situation was confusing as ever, but Eliza found herself unable to figure everything out at that moment. Instead, she tried turning back to simpler matters. "So, uh... where were we?"

Kurkuna had to back-track, "okay before I went on my fit, I was talking about why it was our employers are out to kill us."

"Right..." Eliza nodded slowly. "So... what's our first step in that goal?"

"First we decide if this is worth undertaking." Kurkuna replied, "are you with me?"

"I... well..." Eliza hesitated. That seemed to be the plan and they seemed to already be going along with it, but, did she really want to kill her own guild?

"...I want information first." she told Kurkuna. "I'm not killing anyone till I know why they're trying to do this to us."

Kurkuna sat up, then she pulled out a file, "This is every bit of information about your employer, I believe his name is Jacob Rienfield." she paused, "I was sent to kill him once. I failed."

"I know who he is." Eliza deadpanned, pushing the files to the side. "Like I said, my guild practically raised me. I don't need my employer's information on paper, I want to know what led him to this... betrayal." she spat.

Kurkuna shrugged, "Very well. Are you aware of the Xander?"

"The Xander?" Eliza echoed.

"The Xander," Kurkuna explained, "Is a cooperation between employers. Our employers are all linked in it. They use assassins to take out targets they don't like. Following me?"

"Okay..." Eliza nodded as she processed the information. "So why would they want to get rid of us?"

"Because, the Xander is crumbiling. They want all assassins tied to it dead....and that means us."

"Wait wait," Eliza protested. "How does that work? What would killing all the assassins accomplish?"

Status
Not open for further replies.