Assassin's Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurkuna looked at her, "It would make more sense if we weren't so young, and you weren't just getting a mission. WE get our missions at the exact same time."

"Sooo... what does our age matter?" Eliza pressed forward, before another thought came up in her mind. "...Are you saying our guilds are trying to get rid of us both? That they were in cahoots?"

Kurkuna finally let the knife lower, "Took you long enough to figure it out."

"Tch." Eliza spat, still without an answer as to why their age mattered any. In fact, the whole ordeal only created more questions. Her guild practically raised her, why would they want her gone? "So what do you suppose we do about it?" she asked Kurkuna.

Kurkuna held out her hand, "First off, I won't kill you, you don't kill me. Deal?"

Eliza hesitated for just a moment, though she realized that she might've been a bit outmatched should she try to fight this woman, anyway. Not often her target is another assassin. She took Kurkuna's hand and shook it. "Deal." she replied. "Now what?"

"We sit down and have some drinks, or water, whatever you prefer, and discuss our employers," She smiled.

Eliza remained hesitant, but tried not to let it show on her face. She hadn't trusted a stranger like this in quite some time, there was always the possibility she was just being tricked, and truthfully this woman had already gotten on her nerves somewhat... but what else was there to do? At least this way, she might be able to figure out what sort of conspiracy she's getting at. Eliza nodded. "Alright." she agreed, though she intended to keep her guard up just in-case. "Where to, then?"

She turned and walked down the road, "my place"

Eliza squinted her eyes. Now she was really suspicious of this being a trick, but that just meant she'd have to be extra prepared for a surprise attack. "...Kay." she told Kurkuna, following.

When they got to her apartment, she took off all her weapons and sat own.

Eliza eyed the weapons. It seemed like Kurkuna's way of saying she meant no harm, but whose to say she didn't still have any concealed weapons? What if she just wanted her to put her guard down? Copying the gesture, Eliza laid down her handgun and dagger in a pile next to Kurkuna's, but still kept a knife concealed on her person. If Kurkuna was being sincere in all this and actually leaving herself unarmed, then by seemingly doing the same, Eliza had appeared to accept it and seal the mutual trust between them. But if it was still all a trap - and with everything going on she really wasn't sure - then she still had a way of defending herself although she appeared unarmed.

"Sooo tell me more about this theory of yours." Eliza spoke up, trying to start a conversation. "Why do you think our employers want to get rid of us both?"

Kurkuna smirked, "You still don't trust me? Want me to strip so you know I am not carrying my weapons?"

Eliza tensed. How'd Kurkuna know she still had her knife on her? Well, either way, if she was really offering to prove she was unarmed like that then it was hard to believe she'd still be hiding any weapons on her. "Hmph." Eliza grunted, tossing her knife onto the pile. "Sorry, I'm not usually one to trust my targets like that. Or my assassins." she shot back. "This whole situation's just too crazy to believe."

"I know, but look, why would we be both sent against each other at the same time? I say our employers are trying to take us out. Maybe to start make a new batch."

Make a new batch... Eliza's hand formed a fist as the words echoed in her head. After everything she'd done for her guild, why would they... she tried to shake the thought out of her head. "Look, I get that it's weird." she told Kurkuna. "I just haven't trusted anyone like that in a while, ok? It's second nature to always keep my guard up." she tried to explain. "But I'm unarmed now," she lifted her hands, palms showing. "Are we past that?"

Kurkuna nodded, "Yeah, I understand. Look, I enjoy having you here, because I'll need the help when I kill my employer."

Eliza raised her eyebrow. "Is that what we're doing now? Taking out both our guilds?" she asked. "And what will we do then? I don't suppose you have a second job you do during the day, cuz I for one don't."

"I have other employers. They're everywhere, if you look," She grinned, "Help me take mine out, I'll set you up with another."

Eliza wasn't so sure about the offer. Not that she didn't trust that Kurkuna was being sincere this time, though. But something didn't feel right about finding a new employer. Her old one practically raised her and even that one wasn't trustworthy? How could she join another and expect it to go well? Eliza sighed. "I suppose it's better than letting our current ones keep trying to kill us." she agreed. "So, where do we start?"

Status
Not open for further replies.