1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Action, Adventure.
IC Link
Sign-Ups Link
GM: @AceSorcerer
Co-GM: @Jageroux
UxGalMA.png

Rules
1. You shall abide by the tenets of your respective Order.
2. You shall not kill another player's character spontaneously.
3. Your character is not omniscient.
4. Relationships are encouraged, but keep it clean in the IC.
5. Obey the GM at all times.
6. The Assassins do not have access to Templar intelligence and vice versa unless stated by the GM.
7. No one is to interfere with the actions of a character in an Animus, except for pulling them out or emergency actions
8. Quality > Quantity. While one strong paragraph or two paragraphs is the encouraged minimum for scenes that aren't combat or dialogue happy, writer's block is horrible and it happens.
[fieldbox=The Story]Long ago, in the time of gods and men, there existed powerful artifacts known as the Pieces of Eden. Some of these artifacts could control human behavior while others could perform actions that bordered on magic. These artifacts were crafted by a race of ancient beings known as the Isu, or the Precursors.

Either way, these Pieces of Eden began to influence men since before recorded history, and with these Pieces power's exposed two groups began to form.

The first were the Templars, a group of people who believed that the Pieces of Eden were the key to human perfection. A perfect world, cleaned of all sin as free will would be completely eliminated from humanity, allowing for the Templars to mold the world in their image as all would obey they the dogma they set forth for them. To obtain the Pieces, the Templars formed a military-like organization, eventually assimilating themselves into the Roman Catholic Church for a long period of time. In the end, the Templars became a massively wealthy, multinational corporation known as Abstero Industries.

However, were it not for their rivals, the Templars would have succeeded long ago.

Born from outcasts, the Assassins rose in various forms before truly organizing into their modern strata in the 12th Century. They are driven by a series of three tenets, called the "Assassin's Creed." The tenets state that a member of the Assassins shall "stay their blade from the flesh of an innocent," "hide in plain sight, be one with the crowd," and "never compromise the Brotherhood." The Assassins sought to protect the free will of humanity, their mission continually to prevent the Templars from using the Pieces of Eden to enact their plans. As such, the Assassins became self-appointed protectors of the Pieces of Eden, doing their best to ensure that the Templars would never rise to realize their plans.

But the Templars are still adamant in their pursuit, refusing to give up even in the modern day as many locations of the Pieces have been lost to the sands of time. However, there lies one solution.

Blood holds the key.

Thus one encounters an age-old question- how does every living being on Earth share their species' instincts, a mysterious collection of primal knowledge and urges without ever have undergone such experiences themselves. So why does instinct exist? How can people know what they've never experienced?

The solution is in a person's blood, specifically their DNA. Instinct is derived from a principle known as genetic memory, where an ancestor passes on their memories to their descendants, with the latent access to these preserved memories constituting an individual's instinct.

It was thus that the Templars began to invest in researching genetic memory, eventually creating a device known as the Animus (plural Animi) that would permit any user to access the memories of their ancestors. By tracking down the living descendents of various Assassins, the Templars utilized the Animus to locate various artifacts and learn about the inner workings of their enemies. As such, the Templars began to track down other Assassins through genealogies, as the only ways to enter the Assassins Order is to be born into it or to be inducted into it be another Assassin. Many of those who were born into the Order resisted captured by the Templars, although this led to their own demise and the removal of their blood from their corpses. While the Templars could have others experience the memories of ancestors through the Animus Omega, such a process was highly unreliable unless an extremely versatile mind took to the chair. The Templars found it imperative to take any and all measures to ensure their success.

But, as the Templars adapted, so did the Assassins.

The followers of the Creed followed their tenet of hiding in plain sight, disguising various bunkers and meeting-places in commonly accessible buildings. Assassins themselves also began to take on an alias to protect the truth of their true name and family, to keep the innocent safe. Assassins took what they needed and mastered their skills not only with the blade and body, but with technology, learning to engineer massive cyber attacks and hack into even the most secure servers to gain information that their Order needed. Most importantly, they took this tenet and infiltrated Abstergo Industries, with agents ready to kill those who suspected them and learn of the Templars' plans, as well as "lose" an Animus or two here-and-there.

The Templars, however, responded in kind. Using their agents, the Templar Order sought to kill the Master Assassins and the Mentors- those who lead the Order and trained others, presented with the twin hidden blades as a symbol of their ability and strength. Without the experience and wisdom of these leaders, the Templars believed the remaining Assassins would falter under the weight of grief and their lack of understanding in their Creed. As such, some of the few remaining Mentors went into hiding in a hidden bunker only a few select Masters and apprentices knew of. The only viable solution was to permit younger and younger Assassins rise to the rank of Master and induct others into the Brotherhood.
[/fieldbox][/hr]​

It is now January 12, 2021 and the century old war rages on. With a new objective in sight, the battle has grown even fiercer as a Piece of Eden that may hold the power to end the conflict between the Assassins and Templars is discovered.

[/hr]

Last edited:
Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Do NOT put Character Sheets in this thread. This is for OOC Chatting and Plotting only. Character Sheets are to be placed in the Sign-Ups Thread (Link found at the top of the page.)

Reserverino.

Our Master Assassin's sheet is up.

Interested. I'll see what I can do about getting a character sheet up.

So epic and exciting. XP I may have to flip a coin as to which order I make a character for.

Regardless, I'll post here to any fellow participants who are interested in beginning character bonds/relations.

Yeah, so @AceSorcerer can I get one of those modern assassin pictures for attire ( specifically for an apprentice)

First Templar :^)

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Duly noted.

May I be an assassin? Most likely a female if that is ok with you

@AceSorcerer I meant to ask this sooner, but are we allowed to play both an assassin and a Templar? Second question, can our ancestor be someone in the actual game canon?

@AceSorcerer I meant to ask this sooner, but are we allowed to play both an assassin and a Templar? Second question, can our ancestor be someone in the actual game canon?

Yes to multiple characters, no to canon ancestors.

Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
@Jageroux
Glad my character seems to be all in order. Please let me know of any additional things I can work to add to the story or my character cause I get excited and pump out my OC really quick which leaves me with little to do. XP I'll stick with one character and not make one for the Assassin's cause I find I'll put more quality into the one character.

I'm the same way blue one character is best for me

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
Everyone, please work on your character sheets. When we have sheets up I'll introduce the IC Thread.

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
I am going to be working on my character right now. So if I cannot find a modern assassin female can you please send me one?

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
Status
Not open for further replies.