Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking over at the man, Geo nodded. She brought her arms up to her chest, crossing them gently over it. "Roy then. Nice name." She stated simply, a soft smile coming to her face. She had heard that name before, and she knew it was quite a challenge to go face to face with him. But she didn't know she would end up sitting in his house, bruised and bandaged.

Grinning slightly, Geo put her hands behind her head. "Yeah well those sticks did a good job of that. Still don't know why I passed out." She shrugged, wincing again at the pain in her bones. "But besides that, I am glad I got to fight you, and that you know, you didn't beat my skull in after I passed out." She said, shrugging. "But at this point I don't know how much longer I will be working for who I work for, because they are pretty pissed at me already." She noted, closing her eyes again.

Roy noted the way Geo often downplayed her true emotions. A defense mechanism to avoid attachment. Possibly a trait many had to carry within their line of profession. Even Roy had it to some small degree. His blade was sparse on who was spared. "You seem... More interesting alive than dead." Roy turned his gaze down, remembering the look she held before her gaze went white and she crumpled over.

Slowly, he stood up and made his way over to the window and paused before it. He gazed out at the city knowing someone at this very moment was either being shot in the head, or stabbed in the throat. "Do not feel too bad. My leader wished you dead in the worst way possible. A heap of your former self. My head too is on the chopping block... Yet you are spared." He said quietly. Still, he was at battle with himself as to why she was here. Yet what was done is done. "Tell me Geo.... Why have you chosen to become a killer..."

Reactions: IceQueen
Snorting slightly, Geo looked at Roy. "Well more interesting can go both ways if you ask me." She said, trying to keep the mood light. She didn't like keeping the mood light. She felt like shit. Her bones ached, and so did her heart, not that she had any trauma. But being alone was a hard job to do, especially when you had to lie to anyone you actually loved about what you did because otherwise they would probably break it off and go running for the hills.

Geo let her smile falter as Roy walked over to the window, his gaze no longer on her. Heaving a sigh, Geo looked at the wall, trying to avoid eye contact. "Well I guess you deserve more of a thanks. Maybe when I heal I can do something in return." She mumbled, curling up slightly. As he asked her about becoming a killer, she sighed. "Well that's a long winded story that involves depressing family stories, a bunch of background and would probably make me feel worse, so I am not that inclined to say at the moment."

Roy could believe her words. At least she had family. All Roy really knew was killing and hiding amongst his surroundings in more ways than one. Since he was born, his skills were forged sharper and sharper. Speed, direction, strike, evade. None of those had anything to do with emotion not parents. He knew not of them at all.

"Perhaps you can tell me once that mask comes off..." If it ever came off between them. There was still work to be done. If Roy was out of contact for too long, someone would be sent to find him and that spelled worse trouble than reporting his 'failures'. ".... There isn't much of a future for those in this line of work, you know..." As one grew older, their skills and experience grew yet their body declined. Leading to an untimely death and much unfafilled within their lifespan.

But enough being his usual self. He had to nurse her back to health. Slowly, he half turned and gazed with her, eyes glowing with intent once more. "Are you hungry?"

Looking at Roy, Geo nodded slightly, well what she could muster of a nod. Her body still ached like nobody's business. She hated being bed ridden, since she was never the kind of person to just sit still and talk for a while, but she really had no choice. "Maybe. But if I quit this job there won't be a single place in the world safe for me. They could just as easily drag me back in or throw their newbies at me to try and kill. Wouldn't that be swell." She mumbled, scratching at her face mask. It was still pulled up over her nose, hiding her lips from view again, and the cowl still drew over her long hair.

"I would like some food though." She stated, on a much lighter note, turning back towards Roy. Finding him smiling at her, Geo grinned back, wincing slightly at the pain in her cheek as she did so. She was still hurt, but she had had enough of sitting down. Slowly pushing herself up again, Geo sat up against the back of the cushy bed, folding her hands onto her lap.

Roy watched as she began to push herself upwards despite the pain it brought. A spirit never enjoyed to stay down for too long. Even if it had to. Roy was probably the same way. Yet this was far from the first thing the two had in common. "That would be foolish at such life lost. I am sure you have enough to stop them." He said, hinting yet soon excused himself by leaving out of the door once more.

There had been a fire pit going with the embers barely a blaze. Above sat a black pot with a brown strew swirling around within the limits. Meats, veggies, and soon herbs would be added in and the fire roared again. Soon the cabin was filled with a salivating stew coming from within the pot. Roy knew how to survive on his own without anyone. That included cooking to trapping his prey and how to use their body to his advantage. The bear pelt laid across his wall was a shining example as such. Taking a scoop, the pots contents were placed into a bowl with plenty left should her body harbor more of an appetite than she let on.

Soon, Roy returned carrying the sizable bowl in one hand, while performing task with the other. Shutting the door, pulling his chair beside her once again, and sitting down all without spilling a drop. "This is used to lift ones spirits..." He said, stirring the contents slowly. "This may get you back on your feet sooner than not." The spoon scooped up some of the stew and held it up to her lips for her to intake, and fed her more as she down the last helping.

Geo watched Roy from where she sat on his bed, letting him leave with the door open. She took every moment he wasn't in the room to look around her, push on the padding of her bed, and just generally get her muscles moving a little bit. The house was starting to smell good, and though she quite enjoyed the rare company, he seemed very traditional. Almost like he had never been outside the walls of a shrine. Had he? She didn't know. 'Damn, should have asked.' She thought to herself, tapping her fingers against her thigh absentmindedly.

Geo was used to having something to fill every waking second of the day, being that she was from the city. She had her own small apartment somewhere, and she didn't doubt that she could get a job to pay for it. She might have to move to a smaller place though. Sure, her job paid great money, but that kind of money was only won fairly by people who went to school for many years. She could see herself doing art somewhere in downtown, but art didn't pay much until you were dead.

Humming softly under her breath, Geo looked out the window to the mountains, ignoring the city in the distance. It was good to have a change of pace, be out in the woods. But at the same time it kind of sucked for her, since all she could do was sit inside on a bed, being nursed back to health. Words softly began to form on her lips as she continued to hum, closing her eyes. She could imagine what the air smelt like, what the ground could feel underneath her feet, but she couldn't feel a thing besides dawn comforter and stew.

Speaking of stew, Roy soon reappeared at the door. The song died in her throat, her eyes flickering up to him before down at the soup in his hand. She had expected him to give it to her without thought, or shove it into her hand. She was pleasantly surprised to find him scooping her a spoonful, and holding it up to her lips. Blinking back her surprise again, Geo sipped gently on the stew, being careful to not get too greedy and scarf down her food. It was soon enough that she had finished her bowl, and she could let her muscles relax. Looking over at Roy, Geo pursed her lips slightly. "How did you become a ninja?" She asked gently, looking down at her bandages.

Roy was suprised to see how quickly she was taking down the stew. Perhaps it may put her to bed again, allowing her body to recover faster. Or maybe she required a second helping for that to happen. The bowl was placed upon the nightstand beside her and the ninja clasped his hands before him, shutting his eyes as he heard her question. "How did I become a ninja..." He repeated the question and took a breath. 'How did I become a ninja...' His voice echoed within his own mind.

"Many choose their path. Or change their path within their life. Mine was chosen before I was born. Trained from birth of dicipline until I could wield a sword... To fight. To evade and strike." His voice went quiet as his gaze looked down. "I guess you could say I was born a ninja. The way of the sword is all I know." His gaze turned to the window. "I would watch those fortunate enough to never be under lock and key as I am. Their experiences. Their emotions. People laugh. I am still. People cry. I am still..." He realized he was going off topic and shook his head some. "Apologizes. My mind got away from me.." At that moment his vision failed him causing him to rub his eyes then look at her. The once argent eyes were now a dull silver. With the silence, he could not see her. Only remember which general direction she was in.

Geo listened patiently to Roy as he retold his story. She let her face fall somber, looking out the window with Roy as he retold his life story of how he became a ninja. She could feel her heart aching for the person who didn't have a choice but to kill. He was born into it. Unlike her. She had taken a choice, a dumb choice at that. Pursing her lips tightly, Geo watched the clouds pass by as he gently talked about his life being able to feel nothing.

Heaving a sigh, Geo pulled at her mask, taking it off for the first time since she had been here. She didn't bother to look at him. Her long hair was tied back in a messy bun which now fell lazily over her shoulder. Tugging on the elastic, she let her long ish hair tumble down to her shoulder, and she pulled it to her shoulder. "Well then, I guess we aren't too far in the whole depressing backstory thing." She said, a soft chuckle escaping her once before she fell silent again. "When I was a little girl, life was perfect. Mom, dad, a big brother to look out for me. Nothing in the world could go wrong. Back in that day, I dreamed of spending my life soaring amongst the clouds, dancing with the birds. Like an angel." She added, looking up at the sky before back down at her hands.

"But angels aren't real in this world, and I figured out so very quickly. My father slipped back into his old habit of drinking after getting laid off. Classic story. He couldn't find any place in his mind that made him happy. Mom worked hard to keep the house up, but after years of broken stairs, and smashed walls, they finally split. Mom went one way, dad went the other, and so me and my brother went with my mom, and my dad went to rehab. He had done some, less admirable things in his life at home. It was a surprise he didn't go to jail." She said, folding her arms over her lap again.

"I lived most of my life sneaking around my dad, who was too drunk to care. Sometimes I would break things just to try and get someone's attention. It was stupid, I know, but Mom was too busy filing papers, and the only thing I got from my dad was discipline, there wasn't anywhere I could go. I stole some of his liquor every once and a while. In high school I started hanging out with the bad kids, going to parties, getting drunk, vandalizing, all that good stuff that can get you thrown in jail." She added, before pausing.

"There is more, but it's just sad, and depressing, and I really don't feel like becoming a blubbering mess in front of someone I was supposed to kill." She added, a pained smile gracing her face as she looked back down at her hands.

"Why...?" Roy spoke up suddenly. "I heard two women talking. Her friend was in distraught about a secret of some sort being out among two other friends hers. And the woman said... The only way for three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead." Roy sighed. It furthered the need for people him and Geo. "a week later, I was task to kill two women..." Many assiassians don't know why they are killing their targets. Only they have a cash bounty upon their heads. And money was the substance of life. You could give life with enough of it. And take life in the same principle. "If you end up killing me, at least you may rest knowing your secret is safest with me." He said in a genuine tone as if he would not tell a soul or use it against her in any way shape or form.

Slowly, he gazed at her. Finally seeing her hair fallen over upon her shoulders. Those wide eyes gazing upon him. He cursed himself lowly for not being able to see how she looked in color. For the tapping of his foot resonated a blue hue that outlined her figure as she sat there in bed. She would not understand why he did so, or why his eyes were the way they were. Reguardless, if she was so comfortable with him, he would return the favor. Slowly, he removed his face mask, revealing his true self to her.

His skin was only slightly darker than her own. Black close cut hair set itself free from its restraint slightly sticking up. He would have to brush it later on. There was an X upon his right cheek. He viewed himself as nothing special. For he was only a tool.

"Tell me... What would you do if you did not have your past to shape who you are now? Time is a forge... He forges many a blade. And each different from the last... I am sorry for your past... All we can do is pray we do not make the same mistakes twice as we forge our own blades and paths." He leaned his head back going quiet. Roy was surrounded by darkness within his mind due to his impairment growing only worse. "Some one said you had to stay your current path, Geo... You're a woman. Young... There is much opportunity for you beyond that gun barrel. Don't waste it."

Geo looked up at Roy hesitantly, her gaze flickering back to her bandages as he talked about the experience with his targets. It was unfortunate when one had been sent to target someone they knew whether it was by a passing glance, or if you had shared your memories with.

Looking up at Roy, Geo watched as he took off his mask, his hair flopping out. His skin was fairly dark, a close to her own skin color. His hair stuck out on all sides, considering it was previously shoved under his mask. Furrowing her brows, Geo looked up at him, her hand reaching gently to knock one of the locks down over his forehead so it wasn't sticking up anymore. Smiling a bit, Geo let her hand fall back onto her lap as he pestered her to get back to her story. Tugging her knees up a bit, wincing at the pain but doing it anyway. It felt safer to curl up on herself.

"Well, I suppose it started when I left high school. I wasn't on the best side of things, I didn't have any money for college, and quite frankly I was done living at home. It just reminded me of what it was like to live in a empty house, alone. My brother was already doing great things, nothing was expected of me anymore. " She added, looking back out the window. "I needed money to move out, and fast. Considering my father was starting to come around again, I looked for the first job that paid well. I was inducted into their system, considering my high street smarts, and good muscular strength. After getting inducted, there is really no way to get out besides them kicking you out." She stated.

"I was content living in the lap of luxury, having anything I wanted whenever I wanted it. I had enough money to do whatever I wanted. But it turns out the money was even lonelier than I could have ever imagined." She mumbled, pulling her knees up. "My father had been visiting me for a while, leaving right after he came. I was miserable. And now you find me here, waiting to be unbound from the stupid constrictions of my job."

Roy wasn't sure how to answer. Never had he attended high school. But he did know of family problems when he used to watch human families at night when he was passing the time. It was shameful to see families become so broken because of someone within the inner circle. "I see... Do you still keep in contact with your father?" Roy was beginning to feel like a social advisor to her rather an enemy. More than not he caught her hint that she was alone. Very lonely within her heart. More often than not, many died without finding even the slightest comfort within someone else's arms.

"It sounds as if a boyfriend would make your life all the more tolerable. You do not hide yourself in that mask all the time, do you?" Roy asked, leaning his head back. He began to grow tired. Rest was a very important part of being a ninja and most of these past few days he has been working to make sure she had not passed within her sleep as she wondered upon the fringe of death. "Maybe you should vanish.. There is always a way out. A way only you know." Roy had one of those plans. Never had he thought he would use it, but he would be willing to if the situation was right.

Geo shrugged, and she looked out at the city again. "I guess. He kind of pops by every once and a while to get his fix in." She shrugged, closing her eyes. "And a boyfriend isn't going to fix it. I am not the most social person. Besides not many people are interested in me. It's just the way I am." She said, closing her eyes and leaning back again. She was feeling a bit better, if a bit sleepy, so relaxing would do her some good, she hoped.

Looking over at Roy, she pressed her lips together. "Well vanishing isn't an option for me. I am used to the hustle and bustle of city life, so switching directly to a solitary place miles from the closest city would drive me nuts." She added, pursing her lips together. "So it looks like I am stuck unless I have the urge to throw my sanity out the window along with my hopes of ever finding someone to come with me in life."

It really sounded as if Geo was already counting herself down and out for the count with no place to go and no one to turn to. In their line of work, free time was a luxury. "I understand. You do know, this is not the only city on this planet, right?" Just as he had said that, her phone in her pocket began to sound. Roy let out a thoughtful noise, moving to the chair and handing her the pants holding her cell. "That has been ringing constantly. Someone really requires your attention." He took the empty bowl and began to leave. "You should rest once you are finished."

The door slowly shut, giving her the privacy any person deserves. Even if that was a enemy conspiring to kill.

The phone number was to James. A fellow assiassian within her line of work who tried to look out for her. When she answered the phone, his worried voice instantly sounded through the device. "G? G! Thank god you picked up! It's been three days where the hell have you been?! Boss has half of us combing the city looking for you right now." A sigh was heard as he tried to calm himself down. "I hope you got that wall crawling butter knife wielding son of a bitch too..."

Looking up at Roy, Geo shrugged. She was about to respond to him when she heard a ringing. Looking over at the chair, she spotted her clothing. It just then occurred to her he had to wrap pretty much her whole body. Flushing a shade of red, Geo cleared her throat and took the phone from him. She watched Roy leave the room, the door shutting slowly behind him.

Picking up the call, Geo flinched at the harsh sounding tone of James. "Geeze, cool it. You are going to kill my ear drums." She grumbled, rubbing her head. "I'm fine, I just, passed out for a bit. The fight wasn't easy." She said, biting down on her lip. She knew she couldn't tell them about Roy, they would really murder her if they knew he had saved her. "He just barely got away. I don't know where he is, but I am headed out soon to find him. I'm not coming back until the mission is completed. But I'm fine." She said, waiting for his response. Luckily, the mission might never be complete.

There was a thoughtful noise on the other end of the phone along with the sound of blaring horns, automotives, and music. Apparently James was street side. "I wouldn't keep the boss waiting. Said he wanted to see you as soon as contact was made. I don't think he'll be too mad. Besides you can tell him a few others and myself are going to keep up the search. Maybe this ninja can go toe to toe with you but he can't go at it with five others." James chuckles slyly as if he had an idea. "If you find him again, we can ambush him real good. Bastard wouldn't know which way to go. He'd be dead before he knew what hit em."

Looking down at her body, Geo frowned. "Alright, I won't. I'll let you know if I find him." She mumbled, before hanging up on James. She took a hot minute to relax, before leaning upwards. She knew she couldn't stay around Roy any longer. He was in danger with her around. Groaning under her breath, Geo started to push herself up again. Shifting the blankets off her legs, Geo started to try and get out of bed, slowly and painfully.

Roy was sitting there in the middle of the living room meditating about all that has happened recently. The fight, her passing out due to his furious assault. The decision to keep her alive instead of ending her life. Learning about her, and teaching her as well. Despite wrapping her body in bandages, he had chosen to forget her body's apperence rather than be captivated by the such. Geo's face however. Still lacked to be seen in color therefore leaving him curious. One day before all sight was lost, Roy hoped he could see her face in color just once.

As he heard the groan, his eye opened and peered at the door to his room. So, she was on her feet and leaving? It should be expected. If the shoe was on the other foot, he probably would have too. Jumping up, he moved to the kitchen area and pulled out a bottle of recently squeezed milk from his larder and placed it upon the table so she would get it as she left out.

Roy decided it was time to eat himself. Yet when he reached for a bowl, he paused, remembering she wanted more of his soup. Why did he have the urge to see her recover when she wanted to kill him? He had no duty or obligation to her what so ever. Still. Good skill should not be slain so easily. With that? Roy made her a meal to go. Wrapping it tightly so its contents stayed war during her trip. With the milk and soup, she should be back to health in no time. The cooking pot was empty. Both servings gone to her. A true act of mercy and kindness. Roy returned to his his meditation just as he heard the door open. He nodded towards the items. "I will not stop you. But take those with you. May you think of me once you dine."

• Love
Getting dressed while covered in bandages was not easy, especially with how much every single move hurt. She would be lucky if she made it out of the house without falling over at this rate. Tugging on the clothing over her bandages. It took her a long time to pull the fabric over her head, but somehow she managed to get most of the things on.

When she had finally put on most of it, Geo walked over to the bed, grabbing her phone and stuffing it into her pocket. Her legs were unsteady, her head was still pounding, and pushing herself as such was not a great idea, but she did it anyway. Grabbing her mask in hand, Geo left it off for now, her long hair still flowing freely behind her. With a few heavy steps, Geo reached the door, creaking it open. Roy's voice nearly made her jump out of her skin. Looking around the rest of the living space, Geo spotted the large container of milk sitting on the counter, along with a meal wrapped tightly with a cloth.

Stepping out from the room, Geo winced a bit, landing hard on her right foot as she walked forwards a bit. She couldn't help but wonder why on earth Roy would even think to send her with food, or to hand feed her like he was hand feeding one of his own. She glanced over to the fire, where a pot still hung lazily. It was empty. Glancing back at the food on the counter, Geo sighed, pulling a hand down her face. "Take the soup Roy. I can't take everything from you." She said, picking up the bowl. Walking unsteadily back towards Roy, Geo offered it to him.

Roy sat there unmoving. Had she been untrained to the eye, she may have thought he was not even breathing. He did not want to see her leave in her condition yet he was in no position to stop him. No good person ever took the enemies advice at full value, and he was just that: the enemy.

"You should expend your energy moving forward and progress towards your goal." Roy said simply and flatly. "Not going backwards coming back to me." It sounded as if the two were a pair with that statement trying to prolong the inevitable from happening. Roy never had anyone. No hands to hold, no lips to kills, and no body to caress during some harsh winter nights. "You're in need of it more than I." He nodded his head in the direction behind him. From her angle, she could see his larder filled with different jars and dried foods ready to be cooked to a rich perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.