Aspiring Medieval Fantasy Squire - Seeking Training and Adventures!

Gossip

WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Mostly Fri-Sun, with chances of Mon-Thu appearances at around 4PM EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Seeking playgrounds for my dumb Bois ATM!
Hey, I'm Gossip. First thing you should know is that I haven't written anything in months, and may be a clumsy slowpoke for it, but most of all I'm currently eager to play with a specific trop: That of the Naively borderline idiotic, 'try harder' Hero type. My character is still young at this stage, and I'm seeking partners to strengthen him as a person and to also hone my skill at writing fight scenes. That's right, I'm looking for Training Montages!

If you have an older knight character, a young damsel (or lad, not judging here!) or even a low powered enough bad guy to send my young farm boy's way, feel free to contact me! To reel you in, I'll tell you a little more about the Farboy with Big Dreams in questions, and a bit also about my writing style.

I love writing idiots that warms the heart, ok? The most fun I ever had writing was with a little grander than life demon with too many plans and not enough power or talent to back it up, and I may even make a PG-13 version of him soon, who knows? - but anyways, here I'm looking for your generic Medieval Fantasy or Arthurian-like legend here. And I'm looking for a patient and OOC-ly chatty partner with a lot s of ideas and lots of taste for good silly fun. I'm a multiple paragraph, third person writer, and I'm looking for the same.

Now, about the character I'm looking to build up: Vermail, an aspiring squire of the small farming village of Hedgestone Fields. He's a bit of an idiot alright, but he will always give his best for those in distress, and will never judge someone harshly. He's the Neutral Good spectrum of D&D style morality, in that he doesn't really care if he follows the rules or not, as long as there is Good to be done. He'll start up clumsy, malnourished and uneducated, but he is very determined to become a hero, and he'll do every training exercise in the books and fight any hoodlum up to no good to get stronger and maybe, hopefully gain a real Knight's attention. He's starting at about twelve years of age, but will age up in time, so please don't ask me for straightly romantic role-plays as he'll be too young for that for a long time. Crushes are okay, marriage is not! He's gangly, skinny, with tanned skin and bleached blond streaks of originally brown hair from the harsh sun. His body is small and frail, but show signs of hard farm work and some clumsy attempt at training the body. He has multiple healing or scarring cuts on his arms, hands, legs and feet, and even a few lashing scars on his back and bum, due to being essentially a glorified slave due to being an unwanted offspring to an unmarried and long married off (far away) daughter.

The worlds I can play with are:
Generic and bastardized: Medieval Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, High Fantasy, Low Fantasy, Arthurian Legends, Fairytales, Dongeon and Dragons
Can be Cannon or close to it at least: Fable 1, 2 & 3, or something like the games.