Asmo's Christmas RP

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Asmodeus, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Atomyk

Wait. The Time Squad is an actual thing? I thought it was more like FreeMasons, where it was an out-of-universe thing.

I suppose it means "who's going to follow Ilona after Civil War," but If that's the case, I'm not sure about how this cast will change. Heck, Kim, go ahead and make a conversation or thread for some Time Squad role plays, I'll be up for it, but I'm gonna have to make some decisions.

I think it's clear that Mason needs some nerf, or at least some DEFINITION. Right now, he can pretty much make anything he needs. When signing up for Civil War, I forgot that Mason is pretty much Super Saiyan 2 in terms of power.

So my options are:
    A) Nerf Mason through in- or out-of-character means and have him join the Time Squad,
    B) Have Mason leave Ilona and prepare for Ragnorok,
    C) Timeline permitting, have Mason nerf, then Time Squad, then later Ragnorok,
    D) Send two completely different Mason's on Time Squad and Ragnorok adventures.

I'd like your guys' opinions of what's i should do, and how to nerf Mason regardless of my choice.

2. I'm gonna say that D is not a good idea, but I have no strong opinion on the other three.

I currently have @Klutzy Ninja Kitty and @Verite lined up for the side story, but I don't want it being too huge. My preference are those with characters who have time powers in some manner. I won't be starting it until December as I have another side story to concentrate on for the moment. That's also around the time Ragnarok starts.

3. XD Female VAs voice for young male characters, too.
    Two examples being the original D.Gray-Man, Allen's got a female voice actor (I never noticed, actually)
    and then the main male character from Fractale. Forgot his name, but it's the same VA that voices Sacchan from Gintama |D I've never had a problem with this, because hmmm... XD Who knew that grown men have already gone through puberty and thus do not have a young-sounding voice!!! 8D Biology, people. Biology.
    (Also, as a note, sometimes pre-pubescent boys act/sing female parts because they can reach higher notes than most females. This is done often in musicals and such.)

Aside from that, I'm an incredibly auditory-driven person, and watching a dub almost ruins the entire show for me. However, that is not to say that I don't like some of them. It's just that half of the dub VAs sound so half-arsed that it sounds god awful.

The only ones I like would have to be Samurai Champloo, Ruroni Kenshin (egh, Kenshin's VA x'D too high pitched), DBZ and all of its incarnations (same, Goku's VA x'D), and then the Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva film, and Baccano! And then there's that Ghost Stories dub or whatever it's called XD it's glorious.

Boku no Hero Academia English dub is okay but the sub is just way too good to ever want to consider watching the dub, and I would have liked Phi Brain's dub if they didn't absolutely screw up Ana's character by giving him a sassy voice actor.

And then we must never speak of Big Windup's dub. It's so god awful, I'm pretending the English audio doesn't exist on the DVDs.

My argument is not "it's originally Japanese so it must be enjoyed as such," my argument is "English VAs sound like they're either not trying or trying too hard," so it just sounds like a mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.