[Ashlio+Peregrine]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan finished his own food at about the same time as Lisa, although he carefully scraped the sides of his container for the last traces of goop before resigning napkin and bucket to the trash can. Carefully licking his fingers to make sure they were, at least relatively, clean, Ethan turned to look back at Lisa.

"A few times, yes. Is a shooting game our fist objective?" She was moving in the right direction, at least. The more skill-based the game was, the harder it would be for Ethan to cleanly alter the numbers. But, with the action as simple as aiming the gun correctly and pulling a trigger, the skill was hardly high enough to prevent him from doing whatever he wanted.

"Yes!" she said and clapped her hands together, smiling all excited. "Be warned, I'm pretty good." She chuckled and winked at him as she led him to the right booth. "Hey, John. Give me and my friend a round, please," she said as she stepped up to the counter. The ginger standing behind it glanced at Ethan before finding each of them a round of pellets to put in the rifles that were linked to the counter. "There you go," he said and stepped out of the way.

"So, you know what to do?" she asked as she quickly loaded her rifle, and then held it up, aiming at the moving objects on the other side. "I'm afraid we won't get a price though, since we didn't actually pay for the game. But I assume you don't mind, since you're just giving them away anyway," she teased.

"Don't mind one bit," Ethan agreed, offering a smile to John before meticulously loading the pellets into his gun. The slow process gave him a chance to start studying the numbers, pick out the ones essential to this game, and begin tugging and tweaking them. By the time he finished loading the pellets, he felt ready to begin.

"Would you like to go first, or should I?"

She gasped and gave him a shocked look, always putting on a performance. "Ladies first, Ethan!" she scolded him and then smiled before she lifted the rifle and took aim. She only missed a couple times, and managed to take down most of the moving targets. "Damn it, I missed the clown," she sighed and put the rifle back down. "Your turn," she said and took a step to the side to give Ethan better room. She crossed her arms and looked at him, smiling.

Ethan took a gracious step backwards as he set down his loaded rifle, offering a half-bow in the process that seemed to present Lisa's rifle to her. "Of course, my lady." He flashed a smile after that, and patiently waited for Lisa to finish her go.

Of course, Ethan knew her chances for success before she even began. Had he wanted to, he could have ensured she made every shot just as easily as he did. Or, he could make sure she missed every one. Of course, he didn't. It seemed odd that he would have any sort of spirit of competition in a situation like this, but he still did. He would leave her to use her natural abilities to complete her attempt, and use his for his. The fact that his abilities just happened to include a cheat was beside the point.

"My turn," he finally agreed, stepping back up to his pre-loaded gun, numbers still firmly in mind. He picked up the rifle slowly, leveled it carefully at his shoulder, before his eyes focused on the target range. From this angle, it would be impossible to see the way his eyes pretty much completely glazed over, as if he wasn't even looking at the targets at all.

And then, in quick succession, he pulled the trigger, knocking down the entire line of wobbling targets.

Her mouth was hanging open, her forehead in a frown. "How..." She closed her mouth and gave him a sideways scowl. "You're sure you're not the terminator? Oh, I know, you're a spy!" She grinned and playfully punched his upper arm before waving at John. "See ya! Lets go, Ethan."

She stopped by a booth close by and bought a small cotton candy, pink and blue. "What do you want to do now, Ethan?" she asked and looked at him. "Take a ride instead? Or aren't spies allowed to go on roller costars?" She looked at him while she plucked some of the cotton candy off the stick, and then put it on her tongue, enjoying the feeling when it melt. "You want any?" she asked and held the stick towards him.

"Thanks," Ethan said shortly to the rather flabbergasted looking John, who blinked in surprise before letting out a half-laugh.

"Hey, no problem," he replied. "I'm glad you were just playing for fun!"

Ethan waved goodbye as Lisa pulled him away, and they started walking down the row again. He shook his head to the offer of cotton candy, never having been particularly fond of the overwhelmingly sweet stuff, before letting out a laugh. "Finally acknowledged that I can win any game I want, hmm?" he teased right back.

"Noooo," she said, rolling her eyes. "I just figured that if you don't even like playing games, why should we do it? But fine, lets play some more." She chewed on her lip while she tried to think of a game and looked around, humming a bit. "Oh, I know the one!" she said suddenly and picked up her pace a bit.

This game wasn't very hard, but it was fun and a nice way to get out some frustration. "Ever played wack-a-mole?" she asked just as they arrived and she picked up the cushioned hammer that was tied to one of the machines. "Hey Cathrine," she said and waved at the girl behind the counter, who looked incredibly bored. "Can you start up these two?"

Status
Not open for further replies.