[Ashlio+Peregrine]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was. Watching from the shadows, leaning against a wall, almost as if she was really there. Only the fact that a few strands of her black hair penetrated right through the wall gave away the fact that she was nothing but another shadow. In that moment, she finally chose to break their thusfar mutual silence. "Brave boy, taking all the risks. Are you going to ask for help, or just go it alone and die again?"

He looked towards the building again, taking a moment to pick his words before answering. "There is nothing in between?" he asked and leaned further back into the shadows when he saw the guard coming around the corner furthest away. Now he just had to wait until he walked the length of the building and disappeared around the other corner. "Besides, I thought you said I was immortal now." He thought that would make the whole 'die again' a bit hard.

"You are," she agreed, a smile spreading across her face. "But you've got to die before I can bring you back again. And it's still going to hurt like hell."

"Great," he sighed through gritted teeth. He had hoped to skip the pain if anything bad should happen again, but he wasn't surprised to hear that wasn't the fact. Oh well, he just had to be a bit more careful then.
The guard went around the corner and he ran across the broad street, and then jumped up to grab the window frame. His fingertips hooked over the edge and he let out a low groan and his whole bodyweight was put on just a few fingers. Then he managed to pul himself up enough to get a better grip, and he nudged up the window. It swung open without a sound, and he dropped inside, landing on his feet in the dark room inside. Then he reached up and closed the window again, hiding his trail.

No request for aid? Fine. So be it. If he wanted to play as a lone wolf, if he wasn't interested in accepting her aid even when she offered it, she wouldn't do it again. She'd wait until he asked for it.

But she still followed him, slipping right through the wall of the building that he had to struggle so hard to get through, so that she was waiting in the shadows on the other side when he dropped through the window and closed the little portal behind him.

He looked at her and scoffed. "Not fair," he muttered before hurrying across the room to the door. He peeked outside, into a long hallway, completely lit up. He sighed and glanced at her. "Any chance you can make me invisible too?" he asked before checking his watch.

"I am Death," she replied flatly. "Not a magician." The slightly hooded look to her eyes implied that she knew full well he knew this, and questioned why he would even bother with such words.

He scoffed. "Doesn't hurt to ask," he said all grumpily, and turned back to looking at the door. After a second glance on his watch, he tiptoed out of the room. The next minutes were intense, but they went by smoothly. Thanks to memorising their rutine, he managed to avoid every guard and made it to the control room. There were more guards this time, Eric had been right about that, and even in the control room the number had doubled. Luckily there had only been one last time.

Both of them was taking out with a couple well skilled hits, and they lied unconscious in the chair. He then grabbed their keys to get into the safe that had the key for the vault. High security, oh yeah. "Ever robbed a bank before, Death?" he asked while he struggled with the safe. The lock was a bit rusty.

"Me personally, no," she replied. "But I've been in plenty of banks getting robbed before. People have this unfortunate habit of making others angry when they do that. Many end up dying."

One of the guards on the other side of the hallway stirred faintly, practically unnoticeable, before his hand began to creep his way down, reaching for the weapon that was tucked away near his boot. While Audric's back was turned, her heavy looking shoe lashed out, coming to an abrupt and unexpected halt as it collided with the guard's temple, promptly returning him to a state of blissful, and safe, unconsciousness.

Audric had just gotten the key out of the safe when he quickly turned around, the sound of the kick alarming him. "What the hell was that?" he asked and looked at her, eyes surprised, but also a but suspicious. He had a feeling she could do a lot more than she was letting on, that he just had to find the right questions to ask her to learn all her secrets.

"I decided I wasn't really in the mood to resurrect you again." It was true enough. If she'd left well enough alone, Audric would likely have ended up with the shiv in his back. Of course, that was only partially why she had done it, but she didn't feel any need to share that. "Are you done yet?"

He rolled his eyes at her, not appreciating what little fate she had in him. So yes, he had been killed, but it had been four against one. A half fainted guard, that he could handle, even with his back turned to them. "Are you done yet?" he repeated like a child and then stood back up, leaving the room. After going down a couple hallways and making some turns, he was by some windows once again. This time he didn't climb through it though, he only stuck his hand out and signaled the others that everything was going according to plan. Time for phase two.

"Can you do anything about electricity?" he asked as he hid behind a dark corner. Of course the bank had it. Not much, but enough to have lights that were making it harder to sneak around. There probably was an alarm too now, after their last attempted robbery.

She considered him silently for a moment, having completely ignored his jab from earlier and the obvious frustration that had accompanied it, before finally speaking. "What kind of 'anything'?"

She had meant it when she said she wasn't a magician. She couldn't conjure things from nowhere, couldn't make the impossible suddenly happen. But if all he wanted was a few out-of-reach wires pulled, that was something she was capable of doing. And she might even do it. Might.

"Like make it stop working," he said, thinking it was very obvious what he wanted. Whole they had their short conversation, he made his room to were the electricity could be turned off. (Sorry, don't know the english word and I'm too lazy googling on the phone.) The locker containing the switches were locked, so he got his tools out and started working on picking it open.

It's just a matter of luck.

8063203664_a95b960ee0.jpg

It was nothing but a small-town carnivals, but still large for one of those. It had sprawled across the entire parking lot, and it was possible to spot the top of the ferris wheel from many miles away. Ethan hadn't really intended to end up there, but he found himself parked in the parking lot anyways. A couple of seconds later and he managed to fish his wallet out of the glove box, and then he made his way into the faire.

It was a crowded Saturday, but hardly overwhelmingly so. Local farms had brought in some of their animals, and vendors of all shapes and sizes had set up shop on one side of the parking lot. Carnival games and rides dominated the other side, and the sound of cheerful shrieks, tinny music, and the ringing of bells filled the air. Ethan moved slowly through the crowds, seeming to practically float in between the gaps in the crowds, before finally coming to a halt in the middle of a moderately busy passageway, games lining both sides of the street and the middle of the asphalt avenue.

Reactions: AshlioFern
The small light on the mic was blinking red, indication the battery was running low. Lisa went over to the desk and quickly changed them out, before pressing a button on the wall that rang the bell. With all the noises at the carnival, it probably didn't do much to get peoples attention, but it was part of the show.

"Ladies and gentleman, or whatever other gender you might identify as," she said into the mic, and her cheerful voice washed over the people passing her both. "Get your money and step up to join another trilling round of Roll-a-ball Horse Race! Pick your horse, pay up and get a good grip on your precious balls!" Her speech grabbed the attention of a small crowd, and the seats started filling up. She flashed charming smiles and made small talk with a few of them as she received payment and pressed the button that activated their machine.

The problem with not moving in any particular direction was that it had the tendency of making it hard to get anywhere in particular. He ended up moving with the crowd, following after, or along with, a small group of people, until he unexpectedly found himself sitting down at a vacant seat in the middle of a booth. He glanced up at the young woman in front of him, offering a hesitant smile, before asking: "What exactly am I supposed to do?"

She held out her hand for the fifty cent it cost and then activated his seat. "I'll explain it, kind sir," she said with a smile and winked at him before grabbing the mic now that every seat was occupied. "Oh people, we got fresh meat in the both! Lucky for him and all of you with memory problem, I will now explain the complicated game of Roll-a-Ball horse race."

She cleared her throat dramatically and then held out a hand, pointing at all of their seat. "Notice the number in front of you, and then look up here, behind me, at these beautiful and realistic horses. Find your number, and you, my good people, have found your horse for this race. Now, when you hear the bell, the game has started and you will have a number of balls fall down in front of you. As quick as you can, grabb the balls and roll them up so they one by one falls into the holes. The higer number on the hole, the further your darling horse will run. The first horse to the other side will be this rounds winner, and will get to pick one of my lovely prices!"

She pointed to the different teddy bears hanging over her head. "And no, as you are probably all wondering, I am not one of the available prices," she said and winked at them, receiving a couple whistles back fromt he guys who had had a beer or two too many. "Now, last but not least; If I see any balls being thrown, you will be disqualified, and..." she said and her voice turned gravely serious. "...be forever banned from this life altering game." She then smiled again, laughing a bit. "Any questions?" she asked them and looked at all before stopping at the one who had asked her in the first place.

Well then.

This was hardly Ethan's kind of game, but then again carnival games of any sort had never really been his thing. Almost all of them were far more about luck than they were about skill, and for a man like him that meant they might as well just give him the prize without even asking him to play. There was simply nothing to them. But he'd already paid for this game, even if he'd practically been tricked into it, so he might as well make something of it.

In his mind's eye, numbers flew across the world in front of him. Some big, some small, some constant, some changing. Were they truly there, they would have blocked out his entire vision, left him walking blind. Luckily, they were only an illusion, his brain's way of desperately trying to interpret what he somehow, implicitly, just knew. He studied them carefully while the rest of the people at the booth prepared. Finally, one number drew to the front of his vision, flickered, and then settled on a clean "100".

The moment the buzzer sounded, Ethan patiently set aside three of the balls that rolled in front of him. While the rest of the people began to hurriedly fling, he grabbed one ball, before rolling it out in front of him. Almost as though guided by some sort of invisible hand, it fell neatly into the hole with the largest number. His horse jolted forward. Twice more, as the race was quickly drawing to a close, he repeated the process.

Lisa had slammed the button starting the game and held on thight to the mic. "And we're off! Number three is jolting away, quickly followed by seven and elleven. Next come four six eight, and there is number two. Number one is barely moving at all, come one dude, throw those balls-I mean, roll! Don't throw!" she laughed and held her forehead, watching the horses. "Seven is taking the lead, come one three, dont give up! Then eleven six five eight- no, wait, nine is taking it's place! Nine is running on, passing five and six in a hesrtbeat. Guys, nine is not stopping! Thirs place, second place, it's going for it!" Number Nine jolted intk first place and suddenly the race was over, the bell ringing again and rhe light over seat number nine flashed.

Lisa looked a bit surprised when it was the guy who had asked about the game was sitting there. "Sir, either you have some crazy beginners luck, or you hsve to explain yourself," she chuckled after putting away the mic. "Which price do you want? The pink mouse, blue elefant or grey crocodile? Or aligator, I'm not really sure."

Status
Not open for further replies.