Ashes to Flames II: Revenge of the Gods

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Osi didn't even flinch at the look. That sword was falling no matter what. "He's not stopping! Hold on!" Bitter jumped and tackled Osi, the blade piercing into the ground. She restrained him, before ripping off part of her shirt and gagging Osi with it. She then tied him up using more fabric. Osi tried moving, but the armor's bulkiness kept him from doing so. "Problem solved." She sat on his back so he couldn't try anything clever. "Proceed."

Picking caleb up from the ground and holding him in his arms he looked around again " so whats going on? "

Violet nodded at Bitter. "Thanks..." she looked at Michiavelli and smiled a little. "Did I ever tell you about how Caleb was going to choose someone?"
Caleb placed his head on Michiavelli's shoulder, his hands on his chest.

"Caleb is choosing a bearer for the weapon that will kill Falco, Liam just came in like this and proposed to Violet, my Master's heart and mind are simultaneously breaking, cue muffled sobbing and cursing in a different language..." Osi was, in fact, quietly sobbing and it sounded like he was trying to say something. "...yeah exactly, and I am sitting here like the fucking mediator of insanity, any more questions?" She shot Machiavelli an angry stare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Violet rolled her eyes. "Bitter. Don't be so...bitter." she said. She glanced at Caleb. "I think he chose you, Michiavelli.." Her voice was suddenly quiet.

Caleb was silent, his hair was turning a dark brown, no longer the bright golden color. His eyes still glowed brightly though they were closed.

" me? Huh do i get some magical power then? Cause im like the only non super powered person here " he chuckled shifting caleb so he could hold him better " i see you guys have returned with uhm different features " he said inspecting osi and violet who now had a tail

Caleb's eyes opened. His hand glowed, and if anyone paid close attention, they would see the glow. Maybe, Michiavelli would feel the slight tingle crawling his spine, changing his skin's makeup to make is stronger, almost undestroyable by dark magic. He might feel the cold sweeping across his eyes, causing them to water, or the searing fire across his chest as the magic swept into his lungs and heart, making him able to go without breathing and making him harder to kill. He might feel the slight change in his stomach so he could go longer without food. He might, he just might feel the warmth slipping from Caleb and into himself.

Violet started to respond, but her eyes were focused on Caleb's hand and the words were lost as they disappeared behind a cloud of smoke.

"On that note, I'm off with the idiot. I'm gonna find Ilya and see if we can't get this bomb under control. Until then, I want Liam and you to have protection. The Nurses will be watching." She picked him up. "Oh and Vi. I'd be REAL careful from now on. Expect anything and everything from Osiris, Violet. There's only so much we can do on out part. For all we know, he may go off the deep end." She nodded to Vi and she went off to find the woman in question.

All thesr sensations running through him made him groan a bit, he was put down to one knee still holding caleb, was this the power he was going to use to defeat falco? But why him what did he see in him except a dark past

Vilan followed the yelling and commotion out the room and down the hall. By the time she'd gotten there she still wasn't sure what to expect. As her eyes took everything in, she was still confused on what was going on in front of her. Yet, she stayed quit. Now, her plans would soon be able to be put into action. It was the only vulnerable moment Laim and even Violet would ptobably have for a while.

All Vilan had to do was wait just a little longer..

(If I accidentally'd this post, someone tell me.)

Ilya and Bitter sat in Osiris's room, looking over at him as he hopelessly thrashed about. "Alright, ghoul, do you wish to know what is happening?" Ilya nodded. "Osiris is almost obsessively in love with Violet. You should know this, if you don't already. Since we changed into our current forms, Osiris gained a few things. Looks, powers, knowledge, et cetera." Bitter sighed before continuing.

"The problem here is his blood. It will boil now when he is in combat and when he is angry. The hotter his blood, the worse he will get. He will get angrier, more irrational, and extremely violent. Especially if something directly angers him. Liam literally proposed to Violet in front of him. This almost sent him over the edge. He lashed out at the person who took 'his woman' away from him, Liam. You didn't see it, cause you was in the Med Bay, but when Vi stepped in front of Osi, he didn't stop. He intended to kill them both. In one slash, the Rebellion would've died, and Osi would have went berserk. Even more so than he is (in)famous for."

"Are you serious? What in the hell? Why would he ever....I mean....is that how much he loves that girl?"

"Yes, I'm afraid. Having to hide all of his feelings toward her has chipped at his mind and heart slowly. This event broke his heart. We have to make sure his mind and body do not go with it. Look at him." Ilya honestly hadn't gotten a look at him since they took his armor off. His skin was burned, any sweat evaporating off of him. There were a few blisters on him, but the thing was, they weren't healing. "If we hadn't have taken that armor off, he would've roasted alive. He's lost complete control of himself now, the only thing running through his mind is to kill. Do you understand?"

"Yeah....I do." Ilya's voice drifted off, all that she was finding out hurting her.

"We don't have time to cry. We need to figure out how to get this under control, as soon as possible."

"Got any ideas, Bitter?"

"The only thing we could do is talk to him. Our combined magic wouldn't effect a demon of his rank, Halfling or not. We can't cool him off, we cant knock him out. We literally have to talk him down. Master, I'm going to let you speak now." She leaned over and undone his gag. Instantly, his teeth went into her hand, crunching through bone before she wrenched it away. Osi laughed. The wound on her hand was cauterized and burned. "Alright then." Bitter took a deep breath. "Stop this, this instant. Sicarius, you're acting like a child." Osi stopped thrashing about, glaring at Bitter.

"You have no fucking right to use her voice! Isis is dead, stop fucking tormenting me!"

"And Violet was gonna follow if Bitter didn't stop you!" Bitter stepped back, not wanting to get in between this fight.

"Fuck you, Ilya!"

"You already have, tell me something new, Osi! This is fucking ridiculous! So what if you can't have her?! She's fucking gone! Off the table! She's your brother's fiancé, come on!"

"She was going to be mine, damn it!" Osi went still, trying to break out from being tied to his bed. "She was going to be the thing that saved me, got rid of the heartache, the emptiness! She's what I fought for, and now I have nothing! There's no one else-"

"There's me! I've been here behind the scenes since day fucking one! I sat there and tended to you non-stop when Caleb nearly killed you! I was the one who sat there, night after night, holding your hand when you twisted and turned in your sleep!"

"You lie, that was Vi-"

"It was her, Sicarius. This is no lie." He shut his mouth, but the attempts to break free didn't cease.

"I'm here for you goddamn it! Open your fucking eyes!"

"Ilya..."

"What do I have to do to get you to give a damn about me!" Her ranting continued. Osi's healing factor had kicked in as he started to calm down, if not to just shut Ilya up.

"Ilya."

"...and I've done nothing wrong, Osiris! Nothing! I have broken my back and-"

"ILYA!" She turned around.

"WHAT!" Osi was standing in front of her. "How did you-"

"Shut up. I get it, alright? I'm a selfish prick. I have been since day one. Trust me when I say I'm an asshole. I can't change how I feel about her, Ilya. You don't know what I've done to that woman."

"What could you have fucking done to EVER justify hurting everyone around you!"

"Ilya, I fucking started this entire thing. Vi's rebellion, her wanting to kill Falco for his crimes, everything."

"How in the hell could you ha-"

"I KILLED HER FUCKING FAMILY, ILYA!" Ilya stepped back with a yelp. Osi's voice started to falter.

"I never looked at the names on the order, I had killed so many in Falco's name that I didn't care to remember their names. I was to kill a man and a woman. There was more info on it, but I never cared to look at it. Simple job, but the way that it was worded made me think something was off. So I went to the house. I snuck in with ease, didn't trip over the objects in the hallway, and went to their bedroom. They were awake, but again, no problem. The man tried to fight me, but I broke his neck before he could do anything. The woman was pleading, wanting me to do something but I never listened." He laughed dryly." I didn't even listen to her. I didn't care. They weren't even fucking human to me. Just targets."

"I..." Bitter shook her head.

'Don't.' She mouthed silently at Ilya. He took a deep breath before continuing on with the story.

"Her head hit the floor before she finished her plea. Her body shortly after. And you know what? I didn't feel anything except disappointment. I'm sitting there thinking, 'What the fuck? That's it? All the money for this little assignment and no excitement at all?' I'm standing there when I hear two screams behind me. I snap around and drive my scythe through one of the people behind me, cutting the other's hair in the swing. A little hand reached out and tried to touch my mask. I then looked at who I just killed." He sat down and held his face in his hands. "It was a kid. A fucking kid. Probably just woke up to see what was wrong. He did no wrong. I looked around. The things I avoided in the hall? They were toys. I looked beside me and saw a ribbon. I picked it up. If you've ever seen Vi with a purple ribbon in her hair, that's the one. Violet was right there beside me, looking at me, crying. It was then I realized what I just did, and I did the one thing I never did during missions...I panicked. I just killed a little girl's parents, and her brother as well. I jumped out the window and rode away, leaving the girl with the corpses.

"Oh my god....Osi...."

I looked at the report when I got back, looking at the details. The names of the targets were there, along with two others. The names of the children. I never even saw. Those 4 names haunt me. Sarah, Jim, Drake, and Violet Zaner. 3/4 killed, one remaining. I threw it at the wall, smashing the device it was on. Everything else is history." He looked up, his eyes red. "That's why Ilya. That's why I'm so goddamn cold. That's why me and you are sitting here right now. I have caused all this suffering. I wanted to do everything I could for that girl ever since then. I wanted to heal her, make this right. Becoming her lover was the only thing I could think of to do. Let her have that person she could trust again. Be that shoulder she could cry on. Heal her, so in turn, I could heal as well. So when my brother came and stole that last bastion of healing from me, jealousy grew within me. You've seen me sit there and do everything. The blood I've shed. The people killed. The others live in the name of liberation. I live for Violet. Nothing else." He wiped his eyes. "You can leave now."

"W-what?" Ilya looked at him, puzzled.

"I said, you can leave. You want to right? That's why you went on that big tirade about never being good enough for me. I made into a demon freak. If you didn't have a cloaking spell, everyone would damn you, like you were me."

"Ok....why would I want to leave?"

"I just said why."

"And I just don't give a damn." Osi looked at her, dumbfounded.

"H-How?" She walked over and sat beside him, taking a cigarette out for both of them.

"Here." She lit it and took a long draw. She dropped the cloak. "You honestly think just because you came here with a mission in mind, that I'm just gonna up and leave? You treat me like a queen. Far beyond what the other men here do. You're also impossibly good in the sack, I thank your demon blood for that one." She winked at him. "And your sweet, despite being like an angsty teenager on steroids." She wrapped her arms around him. "So cheer up babe. Or I'll make you."

"I'd love to see you try. You AND Ms. Stone Cold Bitch over there." He said with a grin.

"Wait w-what?" Bitter slowly backed up, before Ilya got up and grabbed her hand.

"You heard me. Get over here. Worry about how you feel about it later. You know you want to. I've seen you sneaking looks at me, don't lie." He said, before closing the door so no one could get it. He didn't even sound proof it.

Status
Not open for further replies.