And the serpent that guarded the well.
Set out to find my fortune, or die
Or bring back a story to tell.

Because no one at home would listen
To the music that rose from the shell,
As it sang of ash and moonlight
And gods under ocean swell.

- Wanderer's Song, Traditional

Exploration and Discovery: The world is a strange place, even without leaving your home city. Night-time streets that twist on themselves and weeping wraiths are matter-of-fact, smoke that falls like water and voices on the wind. What greater oddities lie beyond the walls, to be found and perhaps harnessed?

Beauty and Horror: Inspired by works such as Dark Souls, Dishonored, Tim Lebbon's Fallen, Lovecraft's Dreamland Cycle, this game will involve a world of things terrible and wonderful

Loss and Melancholy: Taking tonal cues from things like Dear Esther, the works of Ryu Murakami, and some of my own work, this game will never be anything more cheerful than bittersweet.

Willingness to work with me in filling out some setting details while making character backstories, and tolerance for never being absolutely sure where the end goal is or what must be done, and plenty of initiative are all vital.

Will use a limited, diceless system for violent encounters and attempts at magic.

Characters are mostly average folks who, by ambition or inducement, are going on a voyage of discovery. hired by cartographer Janelle Trelawney, and meeting in the city of High Lontarn

Reactions: ethicalslut