Asgard Defense Force Einherjar

As Ludwig entered the cafeteria area, he noticed Pilot Elisa. Ludwig glanced around as he rushed towards the Cafeteria, he got in line and quickly got mashed potatoes, some sloppy joe mix, chili, and other such things. Ludwig discretely wandered through the cafeteria, trying to not attract Elisa's attention. He found a table which had few people on it. He set his food there, as he pulled out a pair of rubber gloves he had shoved in his pocket.

Ludwig quickly put the gloves on, as he grabbed a chunk of mashed potatoes. He stealthily wandered closer to Elisa, as he noticed a Card-board box. He hid under the card-board box, moving as stealthily as possible, while not drawing as much attention. Once he felt he was close enough, he lifted the cardboard box up carefully, eyeing Elisa. "Alright... It is go time, time to record the friction and variables." Ludwig used his free hand as he began moving his index finger around. "Got it." Ludwig muttered to himself, as he moved the cardboard box off completely as he tossed a ball of mashed potatoes at Elisa.

Professor Jones led his fellow scientist into the cafeteria, opening the door for him. He then noticed as the man stealthily walked away at the notice of one of the pilots. Jones rolled his eyes as he walked into the room, casually, before sitting down. "This could prove interesting for my research..." he said, taking a 'sudden' interest in the doctor. From thin air, Jones produced a clipboard and pencil and started jotting things down.

He wrote down every single detail. He wrote about the gloves, their material and texture; he wrote about the mashed potatoes, how much of it, and its exact ingredients with and without the potato; and the card board box. On a seperate sheet of paper, he took down notes about Elisa. Jones constantly looked up to see what was going on.

Though they were supposed to have lunch, not wanting to rush his companion, Jones quietly waited.

Elisa is part of the way through listening to Hartmann, when she hears Ludwig talking to himself somewhere behind her. She turns to glance at him, and sees him emerging from a cardboard box, ready to throw something. Her first reaction is to duck, and as such the food goes sailing over the chair, probably hitting someone else in the background. Combat training had its advantages when it came to food fights.

"Your stealth leaves much to be desired... Also, what?" Elisa is not exactly familiar with the concept of a food fight.

Ludwig blinked at Elisa, as he adjusted his glasses. Ludwig stared at Elisa, "I made all of the calculations, but it appears I missed out the variable of stealth. Unfortunate." Ludwig walked up closer to Elisa as he smiled, "Anyway, that was part of an impromptu experiment. I can continue recording the results, but anyway..." Ludwig quickly ran to collect more mashed potatoes.

Ludwig found an empty table as he jumped upon it, "FOOD FIGHT!" He threw another chunk of mashed potatoes at a random individual. As soon as he did, he found himself getting pelted with several food items. Ludwig glanced at his lab-coat, "Sterilization will be needed." He immediately jumped off the table, as he pushed it on it's side as a barrier. He poked his head up, as he grabbed some a ketchup dispenser, with a large pump system on it. He poked his head over, as he kept the pump side-ways firing streams of ketchup. "Oh, Food Fights, this is actually my first one in practice! Though I did make sure to prepare when I was younger, for whenever I'd get to be in one!" Ludwig made a squeeing noise as he hid his head back under the table barrier. "It is essentially a game of havoc that school children played on each other. That's the theory behind it anyway." He poked his head towards Elisa, "You should play i-" Ludwig was conked straight in the head by a chunk of bread.

Ludwig glanced as he noticed the cardboard box. "No time to escape... I need to gain more resources for the encounter." Ludwig poked his head back up, narrowly dodging strikes (which were all pretty much aimed towards him) "Professor Jones! I'll be there in a minute, but I have an encounter to finish!" Ludwig promptly returned back to the barrier.

A few days later...

At one of Asgard's biggest docks, a ship was being loaded with einherjar, supplies, and personnel for a new mission. A Gauna nest had been discovered on the Moon, and the decision had been made to send a mission out to exterminate it in the hopes of reducing the threat of future attacks. As Major Jaeger had explained to the pilots and other personnel, they'd be going into enemy territory, so they should prepare for a tough time, and don't know what to expect. He'd be commanding the mission from the main ship, rather than Asgard, because he wasn't going to ask everyone to risk their lives while he was safe at home, and he didn't want the communications lag to get in the way.

While not the first major mission undertaken by Yggdrasil forces, it would be the first for some of the pilots. The ship was a state of the art vehicle, designed for use in space, and never to see the surface of a planet. Its design leaned toward the practical, and there probably wouldn't be the most comfortable of accommodations onbard, but they would have to do for the duration of the mission. In many ways ,it was similar to the earlier vessels used for manned exploration further out in the solar system which originally encountered the Gauna, although with the addition of a spinal-mounted railgun and a hangar for the giant robots.

Elisa shows up bright and early for the operation. Well, not that early, but early enough that she could start reviewing the mission details and thinking about the situation ahead of time. She's currently sitting somewhere on the ship (possibly with the other pilots), having finished her review of the situation.

"A nest!" Professor Jones remarked. He took a sheet of paper and wrote down on it, "Gauna Reproduction". Then, he opened a cabinet in the lab, pulling out a small blocky device with a lens at the side. Jones walked over to the Einherjar hangar, attaching the device to Elisa's mecha. The device was in fact a camera for Jones to easily track the way the gauna reproduced without having to be there in person, risking his life to take notes. It wasn't his style, but he was a man of science- he had more inventions to put out.

"Ms. Hawke" Jones called out. "I've attached a camera to Unit-01, which I can activate through remote control back in my lab. If you're going to go see the nest, I'd like for you to, in addition to samples, try to catch glimpses of Gauna reproduction. This is all needed for research, of course."

"If I have the opportunity, I'll see what I can do. Though I'm not exactly sure what I'd be looking for." Sure, might as well gather as much data as possible if they were going through a hive. Though who knew how much time they'd have to do that.

"Anything else I should be on the lookout for?"