Asgard Defense Force Einherjar

Pulling the blade from the creatures flank, Randall begins shouting as he wrestles with something "Damn, toasty in here." The outermost layer of armor for the einherjar looks to have been slightly melted down from where it was originally as the machine blasts away from the Gauna. Catching a hold of the lever he'd been working to grab, he immediately shunts coolant to the outer pipes to cool it down, doing his best to keep his reactor from melting down. "Finish that thing off, but get some samples if you can." Watching Elisa take hher shot, he inwardly nods but outwardly continues to tangle with heat.

This time, the shot tears right through the gauna's core, almost immediately causing it to spurt a stream of blood which quickly forms into spheres and begins to boil away in the vacuum. The rest of the core and the gauna's body begins to go the same way, haphazardly puffing up into a foam of material and dispersing before slowly disintegrating completely.

Leon comes in on the comms soon after. "Gauna destruction confirmed. Collect what you can and put it into a biohazard specimen container, then return to base. Good job out there, everyone."

"WHOOOOO!"

Chloe was actually standing up in the cockpit cheering, even from this far away her heart was racing faster than any other time in her life. From the backseat view she got to watch the other two wrestle with the thing with Elisa actually dealing the finishing blow.

This was way more fun than a video game.

Elisa can't help but crack a grin when she sees her shot take the thing down. They'd brought the thing down swifty, and she'd successfully kept the Gauna from reaching the newbie pilot, and all on her first battle? Winning like that just felt good. Fun wasn't really the right word to describe it, but after a resounding victory like that, Elisa would sleep well tonight. And as an added bonus, there was no way anyone would be able to confuse her for a newbie now.

"That's what you get for interrupting the introductory party."

Finally managing to bring the heat of the cockpit to acceptable levels, Randall let's a smile form as he keys the mic "Nice shooting, oh-one. Let's gather as much as we can, then RTB." Moving his einherjar toward the. Disintegrating mass of the Gauna, he begins using Warden's main hands as carefully as possible to package as much material as he can before it all falls apart. "Let's finish up with the gifts, and get back to the party."

"Thank you. Well done on all sides, I'd say." Elisa maneuvers 01 to collect the severed tentacles, there should be more than one at this point. She'd even cut off one partially for that purpose.

A short time later, everyone's back at base, their einherjar in the docks being serviced and any goodies they brought back going through the usual quarantine procedures. The pilots are back with Leon, over at the command bridge this time because, in his own words, he's "lazy" and didn't see any reason to take a conference room for a quick, informal, debriefing.

"Good work out there," Leon says to the pilots, a light, much less severe look on his face. "I'm sure the higher-ups will be pleased with your performance, particularly for a first sortie as a team. That should keep them off our backs for a while, with any luck." He pauses, and paces back and forth in front of the pilots. "So, that was the first encounter with a Gauna for some of you guys. Any first impressions?"

Last edited:
Randall rocks back on his heels, watching the two girls. Oh-one had performed admirably in the fight, and he'd be fine with heading out into the field. The other, he wasn't to certain about. Perhaps there was something she'd display a talent for in the future. It had been her first run in an einherjar, so it was to be expected.

He listens with half a mind for their responses to the simple question, gaze idly moving about the room.

"Simpler than I thought it would be. It only had one major form of attack. Perhaps the future Gauna will be more formidable, but that one wasn't as dangerous as I thought it might be." This almost raises questions in regards to the Gauna's origin... That thing really didn't seem like it was evolved or created to be a warrior. It was too simplistic, its only chance of victory lie in overwhelming people with raw power. And it didn't have enough of that to make it a viable strategy. Which only raises other questions...

"I also believe that the team performed admirably against it." She glances at Chloe and Randall, clearly meaning both of them (plus herself.)

"Oh man that was so AWESOME!"

Chloe was still shaking from the adrenaline, she had gone into that einherjar expecting something far, far worse than what had happened.

"Like you were fuckin' wrestling with the thing!" She was looking at Elisa but quickly switched to Randall, her excited movements erratic.

"And you! You actually went after it with the jets! That was crazy! Did you even break a sweat in there? And you two were so coordinated with each other!"

Nearly bouncing she actually addressed Leon's question.

"When can we fly them again!?"

A small grin forms on Randall's face as he regards Chloe "Actually, I did. Those boosters are pretty damn powerful, so I was a bit crispy after that. Luckily, didn't get any burns on me. I think, though, that I should talk to our resident mad scientists to get a chemical flamer to use against those. That way, I'm not coming out more tanned than I went in."

"Well, you'll have to wait for maintenance and servicing to finish on your units, but after that, you'd be good to go," Leon answers Chloe's question. "Even if we're not on alert, it never hurts to go out for practice drills, so you'll be able to play around as much as you want, at least until some bean-counter somewhere panics over how much money we're probably wasting on joyrides." He catches himself a short time later. "I mean, training flights."

"Never be upset if the enemy's not as strong as you're expecting. Better to be prepared for the worst just in case, right? Anyway, I have no further comments and some paperwork I'll need to get started on, so you're all free to go. I'll let you know once the einherjar are cleared for flight again." He gives the pilots a quick salute.

"I never said anything about being upset." They'd handled that one cleanly, and Elisa was pretty pleased at the results. Though her expression was definitely more subdued than the other pilots. Far more subdued, in some cases.

Elisa does turn and look at the others, though doesn't say anything immediately. Chloe's attitude was... slightly puzzling. Though probably not a problem, as she'd managed to keep a calm head and do well in the actual battle.

"Oh" Professor Jones remarked as he heard the noises from outside stop. "I guess the battle is over. Time for my samples." Jones took off his gloves and put on a fresh pair as he grabbed his tool kit on his way to repair the Einherjar. He was one of the lead technicians, and though he needed help of an assistant, his assistant was not to be found.

"Hah! Yeah, I bet he'd love a chance to whip up something like that. Oh yeah! You bagged some samples too!"

Chloe looked over in Elisa's direction.

"Was that what you were going for when you grabbed onto one of those things an' cut it off?" She was about to keep gushing with more questions and exclamations when Elisa's fairly reserved demeanor was caught.

"What's wrong? You okay? You did great out there!"

"Partially. It was in a good position to grab, and I didn't want to leave the thing free to try to wrap around me or anything. The fact that R&D may try to create some kind of tentacle whip abomination out of it is a bonus." She really wouldn't be surprised... Though a whip type weapon might be interesting, depending on the type of enemy.

The question is slightly puzzling to her. "Unharmed, why? Is there something I missed? Seems like everything went quite well to me. You kept your head about you and kept out of danger while providing support, even despite having no training." Which was honestly somewhat impressive for a newbie, even if it didn't look that dramatic.

Pulling his PDA from a pocket, Randall begins to type something in quietly as the others discuss. Finishing up with that, he slides it once more into the pocket as he looks to the two other pilots. Giving a nod, he looks back to the Major "Any idea when we'll be going planetside next, sir? Artificial gravity is starting to become a bit old, and I'm feeling restless." Rubbing his neck sheepishly, he sighs "Could also use some time to actually live a little outside of a metal can in space, no offense."

"None taken. If you get the paperwork to me, I'm not going to turn down any requests to go planetside." Leon is, as usual, pretty lax. "I'd say you've earned your leave by now, anyway. And...if it's just a short visit, well, nobody's going to stop you from getting on the elevator.

"I dunno, you just seem...kinda-"

Wait, that's it!

Randall was talking to Leon, they were hopefully distracted enough that she could make her move. Walking up close to Elisa she leaned in with a conspiratorial whisper.

"Are you a clone of a super special forces operative!?"

Elisa lowers her voice to respond. "Clone, no. At least I don't think so. Unless it's a dramatic twist yet to be revealed?" Not that it would even matter to her if she was. Wouldn't change anything. "Super special forces operative... Possibly. Do Einherjar count as super special forces?"