Asgard Defense Force Einherjar

The reanimating of the dead, Ludwig smiled wistfully, as he mumbled, "Ah Frankenstein... how you have given life to the dead. You are a blessed ancestor for allowing him to have life..." Ludwig looked around, particular at the entrance way, "Pilot Randall, this may be it. At least, it looks like it. STILL, glorious pilots to face off against the Guana menance... and BRING ME THEIR TECHNOLOGY!" Ludwig rubbed his hands together, "Ah, the Warden will get fine Manipulators... and a few sweet touch-ups!"

"I'm not sure. They didn't tell me how many people are going to be in this unit. It'd be ideal if we could get another pilot or two, though. Hm." She pauses, before continuing. "I'm not actually sure how many trained pilots we have, aside from us two." Herself and Randall, that would be.

"Yeah, we've been running low since..." His face falling a bit, he looks away to try to maintain some dignity. "It'll be nice not to be lonely. Though, I should probably get my training for the day started. Don't want to mess up my routine." He hurriedly attempts to make an exit, obviously uncomfortable.

"Training? I think the big guy would let off to enjoy this little party..."

Ah well, he seems nice.

"Is this actually it though? There aren't any more pilots beyond our squad?"

Elisa's a bit surprised at Randall's sudden exit. "I'll see you later, then." She replies, slightly quietly as he's leaving. Something she'd said? Probably not directly. Maybe the last question had brought up some form of bad memory.

"Well, viable pilots aren't common. I'd hope we're going to get at least one more, but I don't know. Either way... I suppose you could call us Humanity's last line of defense."

"Well the Einherjars are highly advanced pieces of technology that take quite a bit of time to produce..." Ludwig stated matter of factly. "They are a grand pinnacle of technology. Pilots tend to be a small select group" Ludwig smiled "And I'm glad you two made it into that distinguished group! You were both chosen for a reason, and I'm sure the Major sees the glorious potential you have." Ludwig ponders "Hmm... Well" Ludwig swings his arms back and forth near his side "I'll be shoving off... I have much to do in the Lab! And much work for the Department!" Ludwig dashed out of the room, ready to perform scientific research and development.

Ludwig suddenly turned around re-entered the room "Wait... The Major may still need me." Ludwig decides to crouch sit fairly close to the entrance. "And it would not be fair to leave if he still needs me... While I may not be a pilot under him.. HE STILL COULD NEED MY SCIENCE!" Ludwig took out his napkin with the least amount of formulas and his pen and began scrawling more formulas on it, while watching Major Jaeger intently waiting to see if he still needed him, or if he should head to the Research Facilities, or wherever the Science Department may want him to work at this particular day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Major Jaeger does stop Randall on his way out, for a few words. "Heading out already? I'm not going to order you to hang around, but do try to get along with the new kids. They'd probably appreciate it if you helped show them the ropes." He does notice Ludwig leave and re-enter, and sighs. "Never sure what to make of that man and his enthusiasm," he quietly says to Randall before excusing himself. "Well, as you were, pilot. I should mingle with the others a bit more myself."

"You don't need to stick around if you don't want to," he says as he approaches Ludwig. "I've got more need of you in the lab than I do here, as far as science goes. I'm not exactly the best for that sort of conversation, but it's what you get for working with us military types. Give us a new gun, and we don't care how it works, as long as it does."

Ludwig slowly got up from his crouch sit as he placed the napkin back in his pocket as he smiled. "I'd stick around. Food is good after all, and I have enjoyed these newest socializations.. BUT my scientific inquiries call me! The research team has much work to do! There is SO SCIENTIFIC WONDERS I MUST ACOMPLISH!!!" Ludwig tapped his index finger to his temple. "What kinda new weapon are you looking for? I'll develop some more warheads if you want... Maybe some biological agents... Probably a nerve or blister agent!" Ludwig rubbed his hands together. "Really anything you want and I'll make it."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'd be careful about developing that kind of stuff up here. It's a closed environment, so it'd be a real problem if something were to get out. And...well...I don't think we know enough about the enemy to really develop something that we know would work on them. You might want to wait until you have your samples first, so you'll have something to test that kind of stuff on." The Major runs a hand through his hair. "They'll probably have to set up some sort of special containment area for that stuff...well, assuming they don't already have one I don't need to know about..."

Ludwig chuckled "Yeah pandemics and diseases spread quickly... One slight error and WHAM! I'll wait for samples, probably will check Manipulators on the Einherjars and storage vessels. I'll just stick with making warheads of all sorts. Probably some guns alongside those missiles..." Ludwig raised his index finger to the sky "We at the Scientific Research and Development Departments ARE VERY CAREFUL WITH SUCH DANGEROUS MATERIALS!" Ludwig glanced around real quickly "Yeah! Science calls for me to continue in the pursuit of Knowledge!" He said clenching his fist as he left the situation room while yelling out "It was a blast!". And so Ludwig eagerly head out, ready to work on all sorts of technology.

He smiles sadly when the Major comes to him, and shrugs "I'm not going to be a detriment, and will help out if I'm needed. But, I can't find it in me to do it after I was reminded of her back there. It won't affect performance, but I need to blow off steam." Drawing himself straight, he gives the Major a salute before leaving. He pauses first, and calls back "You can call me if you need me, sir." He then continues walking.

"You'll hear the alert siren same as everyone else in the base if there's trouble, Randall. See you around." Major Jaeger waves the pilot off.

He finally approaches the two newer pilots to give them an official welcome. "Welcome to Asgard, you two. You're our newest pilots, and while I don't expect them right away, I do expect great things from you both. For now, though, enjoy the party, have some snacks, and be glad we're not on high alert so you'll have some time to train before we just throw you out into the fray."

"Hmm? I'm considered fully ready for combat operations, as far as Einherjar pilot training goes. Of course, time to acquaint myself with the team before we go into battle is appreciated." She answers pretty plainly, while still managing to avoid consuming any further snacks.

Elisa had heard about great expectations so much that, by this point in her life, they were more like normal expectations for her. Training was no different, either.

Though here it was probably just because he hadn't received Elisa's profile yet.

"Oh?" The major stops to think for a bit. "...That mean you're one of our trained soldiers then? Well, I wasn't expecting it, but I've heard about the program. I guess about the best I can offer you is a map so you don't get lost."

"That'd be me. Elisa Hawke, I'm supposed to be piloting Zero One. Pleased to meet you." It occured to Elisa that they hadn't actually been introduced yet. He was most likely the major, but it couldn't hurt to be polite.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Leon Jaeger, your Operations Director." He introduces himself without a handshake offered. "So, you could say I'm something of your boss, not that it's going to mean much unless I'm barking out orders. If you do need to request leave or something like that, you'll know who to bother."

"Alright." She pauses briefly, apparently slightly amused by the comment. "I'm guessing that means you're more relaxed about leadership than some people I've seen."

For an angry looking guy, he doesn't seem too bad! Although what was all that with Elisa being a soldier? She doesn't look like a soldier...unless maybe she's one of those crazy clones of a super special forces commando or something!?

Chloe was about to blurt out asking if Elisa was the clone of a highly decorated former super spec ops secret agent when the Major mentioned requests for leave and such.

"When I was brought up here I was told to only bring a few necessities?"

There was a little misunderstanding on necessities, particularly when the retrieval agents had to explain a little forcefully that her gaming rig, favorite beanbag chair and a months supply of Orbital Dew and Cheesy O's were not in fact necessities.

"But I had to leave behind some important stuff. Any chance I could get some of that up here now?"

Leon thinks for a while on that one. "Space is at something of a premium up here, but it's not difficult to actually get stuff up the orbital elevator, either. Not like the old days where you had to worry about how much stuff you were throwing up into orbit, anyway. I'm not sure if they'd be happy about it, but I'll tug on a few strings and see what I can do."