As We Make Our Way Along (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sound of the door slamming shut finally made Ian's eyes open. He rolled over onto his back and placed a hand over his eyes as the bright light invaded his eyes. He squinted and pushed himself up so he was sitting. He heard something crunch beneath him, and after reaching a behind him he pulled out a slip of paper. On it was written "Marcus," and underneath a phone number.

Ian remembered the guy from last night, with the dark hair and light grey blue eyes, as well as excessive amounts of rum and vodka. Next to him on the bed there was a dent from another body, presumably Marcus's. Had he and Marcus slept together in the bed? Or done... Other things? He didn't remember having had sex, but then again he didn't remember much from about ten minutes after they'd gotten into the bedroom, only fragments. He vaguely remembered a kiss, and then getting into the bed, but not what happened after.

He got out of the bed and winced. Ian usually didn't drink as much as he had the night before, and now he knew why: His whole body felt like he'd been hit by a wrecking ball and then run over by a train. He shoved the slip of paper in his pocket, left the bedroom, and made his way down to the first floor. Now that the house wasn't dark and filled to the brim with people, Ian saw how large the house truly was.

He took out his phone and the paper from his pocket and dialed the number written on it. It went to voicemail, so after a brief debate before the tone went off he decided to leave a message. "Hey, this is Ian. The um, the guy from last night at the party. I don't know if you remember my name or not. It's Ian. I think I mentioned that already. Shit."

Ian sighed and continued. His head was starting to throb. "Anyways, last night I wasn't blackout drunk, but things are a little blurry, so I was calling to clear things up. We didn't, uh, we didn't have sex, did we? I don't think we did, but I just woke up in one of the rooms upstairs, and I'm pretty sure we slept in the same bed so I thought it best to make sure. Well, I think that's it. You probably left Matthew's place already, but I'm still here. I think I'm going to leave soon though. So... Yeah. Bye, I guess. Call me."

He hung up and placed his phone back in his pocket, before making his way through the house to where he thought the front door was. Instead, he just found himself lost in the enormous mansion.

As he was driving home, chewing gum to mask the smell of morning breath, his cell phone went off. He didn't answer it, figuring that it was either his parents or Ian. After the ring stopped, he waited for a few minutes befor checking for voicemails. Sure enough, it was from a number he didn't recognize. Listening to the message, he chuckled at Ian's halting message, deciding that he would call him back after he'd had a shower.

Once he was home, dodging bullets with his parents, he went to his room to get clean clothes and took a shower, the water numbing his hangover some. After his shower, he called Ian back, finally feeling halfway normal.

"Hey, Ian," he said. "It's Marcus. I got your message. And I'm pretty sure we didn't have sex...my memory's kinda foggy too...sooo...wanna go out sometime?"

A semi-conscious and moderately functional girl kindly pointed Ian in the direction of the front door, but not before making a feeble attempt at flirting with him, which really just entailed grabbing his ass and trying to pull him on top of her on the couch she had passed out on. Ian disentangled himself from the drunk girl with a grimace, thanked her, and made his way outside relatively unscathed.

He drove home uneventfully, and was relieved to find that his parents weren't awake and downstairs when he entered the house. Judging by the garments intermittently scattered on the floor, his parents themselves had been at a party last night and had come home either extremely drunk, extremely horny, or just as likely -if not more so- both. Ian trudged up to his room, and after kicking off his shoes he flopped face first into bed.

His phone started buzzing and he groaned into a pillow as he pulled it out of his pocket. He accepted the call and rolled over. "Hello," he mumbled. The voice at the other end of the line made Ian brighten. "Oh, hey... That's good, I suppose. Not that there would be anything wrong with having sex with you, because there wouldn't be, but you know, I'm not exactly Mr. Casual Sex." Ian grinned and rubbed his cheek. He figured he'd just go back to sleep after this and remain comatose for a good 18 hours. "Yeah, I'd like that, very much."

"Alright...how about tonight? I know a place we could go..." He smiled to himself, looking up at the ceiling after he flopped down on his bed. "If you're busy tonight, maybe sometime this week?" He shoved off his clothes as he talked, until he was only in his underwear. He decided that a nice, day-long nap was in order, and wanted to be somewhat lucid when he saw Ian later.

Brushing his hair back, he smiled to himself as he listened to Ian, liking him even more when they were talking on the phone. Perhaps when they met up again he would like him even more. Yawning, he pulled his blankets around him, still on the phone with Ian. "See you then," he said as he was hanging up. "Remember, in the park, on the swings, at two in the morning." He hung up, set his phone on the nightstand, and snuggled underneath his covers. He quickly fell asleep, deciding not to wake until the sun was down again.

When he awoke, it wasn't dark yet, but it was still late in the afternoon. Yawning, he stretched, brushing his hand through his dark hair. Deciding to brush his teeth again, he walked to the bathroom, checking his phone again in hopes of seeing a message or text from Ian.

"Tonight?" Ian was glad he and Marcus were talking on the phone and not in person. Had they been face to face, he probably would've looked like an idiot. He couldn't stop a wide grin from spreading across his face, and once it was there it felt as though his face refused to anything other than smile. "I can do tonight, for sure. What'd you have in mind?" In the back of his mind, Ian wondered if Marcus could feel his smile through the phone.

His cheeks started to hurt, but he didn't care. He honestly hadn't thought Marcus would ask him out. Ian didn't exactly have hot guys falling over themselves for him, but for some reason unbeknownst to Ian, one was actually interested in him. "Okay, I'll see you then." Ian put his phone on the stand next to his bed and flopped back down onto his pillow. Apparently, his luck in the romance department, or lack thereof, was about to turn around.

Ian quickly drifted back into sleep, and when he woke up later on the light of day was just beginning to deepen and fade. It occurred to him that he hadn't bathed since yesterday, and was still wearing the same clothes from the party, so he went to the bathroom and took a long hot shower, letting the scalding water pour over him until his skin began to turn red.

When he went back into his room he considered sending Marcus a text. Would that be overkill? They were already meeting later, and besides, what would he have to say? He decided on a simple "can't wait for tonight :)," then got dressed and went downstairs to get food. The house was quiet except for him, so his parents must've been out again. Pathetic as it was, his parents had better social lives than he did.

After eating a quick dinner, Marcus began getting ready for his date. He dressed in his favorite pair of dark skinny jeans and a short sleeved collared shirt. Running a hand through his black locks, trying to make then look like they were in order, he began packing his backpack, knowing that he had to go to the park early and set up.

Soon, he was walking to the park. It was already well past sunset, but Marcus had been to the park long enough to know every nook and cranny. Climbing up into the jungle gym, he settled on a platform and set his backpack down. He set out a blanket before arranging a little picnic. He wasn't that good a cook, so he had made sandwiches and brought soda. Setting out candles, he lit them with the lighter he always had on him, smiling at his handiwork. Afterwards, he went to the swings and sat down, checking the time on his phone. He still had about ten minutes before Ian was due to arrive, so he just sat there, swinging a bit.

Still, for all his nonchalance, Marcus was excited to have his first date with Ian. The other boy was cute, and he was hoping that their relationship would be long and prosperous. Humming softly to himself while he waited, he closed his eyes, rolling his shoulders a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.