As life would have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
You know, I feel really lucky these last few years. I've lost friends due to accidents and their own choices and mine, family to their stuff and just running into what would look to be serious stones in the road. But I got around to thinking one day out of the blue; I am lucky that I have had the chance to suffer through all of that.

And why? Because without the love I have for my friends and family, my community and surroundings, none of that would matter to me anyway and I would continue to live a shallow life of dullness (personal experience for my person, not all people are like this). Yeah, shit gets painful, but it is another hurdle to climb over. Now I'm not saying that what you might be going through, whatever it is, is good or any less painful. You see all over the net and everywhere we go about being broken, needing others to help mend a break that could very well need a different kind of medicine.

But what is being broken? Does it mean that the pain we feel turns us away from who we are forever? Does it mean that we will never be the same after this hurt? Only you, the person, going through the hurt, can tell. and yes, of course there are some hurts that dig deep into our beings and prevent us from seeing any positives because sometimes there are none. Shit happens to us and at times there is nothing that we can do about them but try and move on (easier said than done really). But perhaps some advice that was given to me recently might help you; no matter what break is made inside of you, move on. It's alright to hurt, cry and do whatever you can to pull through but don't let go. Your life holds meaning.

After losing a few people within the last few years, for every death, I have remembered who they were and what they enjoyed in life. Trevor loved the outdoors and was always smiling, seldom was the day he was seen with an upset expression on his face even when faced with a horrible outcome, he always saw the light in the dark. He made the light in the dark for many people, he taught me so much in my life. Things are hard to swallow, but never let that change you for the worse. When you are broken, find what helps you mend.

My grandmother taught me that advice given should always be taken lightly when you deem it not relevant, but seriously when you need it the most. You can let one person ruin your day, or you can move on and find something that will help you with whatever you are going through. Life isn't about hating one another, it is about finding happiness.

I don't mean to sound preachy or anything, I just wanted a positive post.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong and Fluffy
Status
Not open for further replies.