Art...that is somewhat like art (Requests Always Open+)

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Ekaetriana, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Umm. This is an art thread showcase of artwork that is almost but not quite art material. :azn:

I don't have a lot to tell you, other than to describe my brief history and my tools. I've been drawing seriously since I was in middle school...I only very recently graduated to trying digital art, only to find that I seriously suck at drawing on the computer. I'm so bad at drawing with a tablet. TT>TT

I enjoy coloring with the computer, however. < 3

My main tools are pencil, paper, wacom bamboo create tablet...and that's it. xD My programs include- Photoshop Elements, Manga Studio EX, and Paint Tool SAI. I apologize for there not being a lot of digital art that's recent, but I'm in a digital slump, and I can't seem to draw on the computer to save my life.

This art is in a random order of time, some is old some is new. Some is in spoilers, some is not.

My Second Life "Art"...A compilation of my avatar, which is actually complicated to make if you would believe it.
    Clarification: It takes me upwards of several hours to make my avatar perfect.
    [​IMG]

Random Comic Cover, spoiler'd for blood
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Drawing for a friend
    [​IMG]

Drawing of RP characters, spoilered for swastika
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Coloring project, the lineart is not mine but I had permission to color it. Spoiler'd for blood.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Sketch of my game character.
    [​IMG]

I don't even know.
    [​IMG]

What is this I don't even
    [​IMG]

For some reason, the final cover of this is missing. I can't seem to find the finished version, but this is an in-progress.
    [​IMG]

Barbie 23, the first comic I ever tried to make. So it's old...lolz really bad. Spoilered for multiple pages.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A bunch of sketches.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More recent CG work. Self portrait and display of game character. I really messed up on the ear on the second one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The last comic I attempted like two years ago...kinda bad art. GORE WARNING.
    http://www.drunkduck.com/Atreju/5264214/

2. MEEEEE GUSTAAAAAAA. <3 These are all great!

3. Thank you so much < 3 I'm open for requests...I'm itching to keep drawing and learning.

4. WAT

I'm working on a request for SpaciousSpace that may take several days : / So I'll bite and post an in-progress close up shot so the spoiling isn't too much.

I'm so bad at drawing with my tablet. I need to learn how to scan and trace what I drew or something.

[​IMG]

5. The final product!

[​IMG]

6. Fuu~ You want a request? I will pay you in affection and gratuitous showerings of praise.
    If you are too busy/don't want/dislike affection or praise then feel free to say "NO KITTI, NO"

7. I have an update for you guys. I'm afraid I didn't tack down any messages or requests, I'm very sorry, but if you still want a request hit me up and I'll probably have enough free time to draw you your request and then some.

Here is an elf in a bikini holding her own stomach- for some reason. I ran into some proportion issues, and a lot of other issues too but I still think it's okay. Not great but okay.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

I am working on some concept and character art for a novel I am writing, I will hopefully update with that soon. I wanted to do some drawing while here in town, but I forgot my cable at home so that plan was bust.

8. Some of your more abstract stuff here is really good. Like the emotion you're putting forward in the "I was dreaming of a fire" piece is really cool and the dirty line format really brings it out.

Also, while anthro stuff is not my cup-o-tea, the one-yellow-cyber-eye-bloody-cat-girl-thing two images above the fire painting is really cool looking o.o

9. A recent doodle:
    [​IMG]

Recent Drawing:
    [​IMG]

mountain lion:
    [​IMG]

drawing thing:
    [​IMG]

unicorn thing:
    [​IMG]

spoilered for scary image and blood:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

10. Love that green drawing. ^^

11. I really really love your style, it's cute. I think my favorite image would have to be the very last one, creepy bloody girl with scarf like wrapping, lolol.

The tablet can be a challenge and a pain in the butt, I usually lower or raise the brush size and I also sketch my image first in different colors. Like brown for "line" pose or whatever that's called, blue for "body", pink for hair, red for clothes, etc on different layers and then I just retrace them on different layers in black or gray. If that helps.

If you want to try using the pentool (I'm not sure if Photoshop Elements has it?), then this will help you. It helped me looaaads as other tuts I've read never properly explained how to use it.

Look forward to more art!

12. Thank you ^^

When I'm working on a full CG I typically sketch in one color, go over in a different color fixing things, then finally go over at last with black. I also change around the brush size. :3 I haven't done a full CG in awhile though.

Elements does not have the pen tool unfortunately. :/ I wish it did, that would be helpful.