1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
My availability tends to vary with the ebb and flow of work, but we're all adults here. I'll be sure to give a heads-up if posts are slow coming.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
My favorite genres include Romance, Fantasy, Crime, Sci-fi, Adventure, Superheros and Modern.
imageedit_2_8068144746.png
Unnamed OC that I love.
Bijorn edit.jpgBjorn.jpe
Bjorn sketch and digital version.

How do you even paint skin? Halp. >,<

Critiques are very much welcomed. I'm still scared to do full body. Heh. Thus far, all I've got are head shots.

Last edited:
Skin IS soft and requires softer shading; but it seems you've hit all the wrong areas or there's little to no contrast! Oops!

I know that usually, the forehead, nose, cheeks and lower lip/chin are usually the ones light hits the most, so you should make sure those ares are usually lit up!
...Also, view the face more as a three-dimensional shape, not just a flat surface. Try drawing out lines, draw sideways heads and draw a grid on it, "draw" the surface.

pWBYM1i.png

ggKAYfC.png

As for pencil shading, I have a few tips:
  • always make strokes in the same direction (so all lines should be parallel)
  • go over the shaded area with the pencil softly (for a softer/more blended effect, do circles or crisscrossing lines), then apply stronger pressure in the darkest area
  • while doing lineart, keep it sharp and apply clean and strong/more prominent lines for the bigger objects/sections, and then slightly lighter pressure for details/smaller objects

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sav
Skin IS soft and requires softer shading; but it seems you've hit all the wrong areas or there's little to no contrast! Oops!

I know that usually, the forehead, nose, cheeks and lower lip/chin are usually the ones light hits the most, so you should make sure those ares are usually lit up!
...Also, view the face more as a three-dimensional shape, not just a flat surface. Try drawing out lines, draw sideways heads and draw a grid on it, "draw" the surface.

pWBYM1i.png

ggKAYfC.png

As for pencil shading, I have a few tips:
  • always make strokes in the same direction (so all lines should be parallel)
  • go over the shaded area with the pencil softly (for a softer/more blended effect, do circles or crisscrossing lines), then apply stronger pressure in the darkest area
  • while doing lineart, keep it sharp and apply clean and strong/more prominent lines for the bigger objects/sections, and then slightly lighter pressure for details/smaller objects
THANK YOU!!!

This looks wonderful. I'll try my hand at it as soon as I finish studying. xD

Reactions: chillin
@chillin

Finally tried to do the skin thingy. Attempted to color hair a different way as well.~~

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chillin
@chillin

Finally tried to do the skin thingy. Attempted to color hair a different way as well.~~

View attachment 99653
It looks good! Now you only perhaps need a bit of more colour and contrast, and that's it!
As for the hair, it looks good, however... A bit flat! Try shading bigger clumps of hair together and then add details/lighting onto that!

• Thank You
Reactions: Sav