Arrows and Scales

She took a some of the small fruit and poped a berry in her mouth. The meat smelled delicious, though Terra was sure any cooked food would have. On her little journey she had not eaten anything. "I live a bit closer to town, but still pretty deep in the tree line." She said after slicing a bit of the venison to chew. "I've lived out here forabout six years. What about you? How long have you made this place your home?"

Ryo took a bit of the meat before replying. "Yea, I've lived here a long time now. 8 years I think? Moved in shortly after I moved out of mother's place. I like it. Its away from town, and I have everything I need out here. Mother was a bit of a hermit as well, so I grew up in this kind of place." He could still remember that old cave like it was just yesterday. It had been tucked back behind a niche in a cliff and wasnt viewable from the outside unless you were standing in the right spot. Because of that, it had remained nice and cold during the scorching summers. In the winter, they'd light a fire to heat it up and give them light. He had been sad to leave, but he'd already stayed longer than most young dragons. It had been time for him to move out.

Tira listened to his short story as she ate. She suddenly became intrigued. Eight years and they had never met? It was far from town, but surely within that time she would have met him at marker or heard some sort of information about him. He was more than a simple hermit, he was a ghost. Her green eye fixated on him. "Eight years? I guess I really have not been this far out before or we would have ran into each other sooner. Though still its a wonder that I have never heard of you before. The towns people really don't share too much with me, but I usually know who needs what and where potential clients may be at." She popped another bite into her mouth. When she swallowed she finished. "You're mother was a hermit as well? Where was she from?"

He smiled, "I dont go out into town very often. I usually hunt and gather what I need out here. When I do go into town, I rarely stay more than a minute or two. My mother lived among some mountains in the far north. Its a very long journey from here." It had taken him nearly a whole month of travel before he found this little pocket of the world. He had enjoyed the waterfall, and the plentiful hunting at the time. Another deciding factor was the distance of the village. It was far enough that he never got visitors, accidental or otherwise, but it was close enough to easily walk there if he needed to buy anything. All in all, he thought of it as the perfect place to settle. "Its not really that strange. I dont interact with others very much." He figured telling as much truth as he could would be more believeable tha if he made everything up. Human hermits werent entirely uncommon, so all he had to do was leave out the part about what he really was, and things would go smoothly.