Status
Not open for further replies.
Aristede

-General-

Race
Human(Dwarven ancestry)

Appearance/Traits
Black hair, ponytail, rough beard, gray eyes, 5 '3", on the stockier side.
Slight dwarvish accent, if you listen close.

-Abilities-

Strengths
Experienced hunter and guide, high endurance

Weaknesses
Unable to use mana, limited combat experience

-Equipment-

Weapons
Composite horsebow, hunting knife, dwarven short spear(See below)

Dwarven Weaponry(Short Spear)
Family legend claims the spear grants supernatural luck,
survivability, and ingenuity to those who wield it.
Perhaps it's simply in the blood?

Armor, Clothing
Fur-lined robes, dark blue wool cloak,light steel armor(Greaved boots, light gauntlets, light mail)

-Backstory/Personality-

Personality
Aristede mostly keeps to himself, though he does talk about his various
interests and areas of expertise, (sometimes along with some dry wit), given a drink.
He is part dwarf, after all. He talks vaguely, if at all. about his time as a guide up in
southern Arriavar - a time he has many regrets about.

He clearly fights like a survivor, not a trained warrior. He takes advantage
of any opportunity that presents itself, buying enough time to get the upper hand.

Background
When rumors of undead monsters began circulating among the cities and villages
of Arriavar, it was a great boon to guides, trackers, and mercenaries like Aristede. Families and
refugees alike would hire such people to guide them through the southern tundra to safety.
It became profitable(if not particularly safe or comfortable)work, particularly when
paid to protect wealthier families and merchants willing to pay generous coin.

And some of those merchants dealt in people. Occasionally, slaver caravans enlisted
his group's assistance making their way up and down the southern coast. They were often as
much hired to protect the merchants from their cargo as to protect the cargo itself.
Once, they were even forced to put down a slave rebellion. Out of 100 souls, only six
were lost in the ensuing fight. The slaver captains were generous to their guides.

After several years, Aristede left his fellow guides. Since then, he's been headed east,
taking whatever work has come his way. Encounters with bandits and bad weather have thus lead him to
our group of adventurers...​

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the character, but a couple things:

First, your character's history involves the 'northern' areas, while this is rather...impossible....while it could be possible for a lone adventurer to head out that way, no wealthy person, noble or otherwise, would pay anyone to take them that direction, because they wouldn't want to go that way in the first place. Plus there's actually very little 'tundra' in Arriavar in the first place, the only place having snow all year round being the southern mountains that are considered unpassable for this reason.

Second, since the roleplay has already started your character would not be part of the main group right away and would have to actually integrate into it, unless of course I misunderstood that last part and you're just saying his adventures led him to them at the current point in time.

Also, I love the fact that he has history with...less reputable peoples... =^.^=

Southern mountains, then. To be fair, these are desperate people with no place to go. Will that work?

Also, yes, my character will meet up with your group as soon as my revisions are finished.

I suppose that would be allowable =^.^=

Could Aristede have crept past Orc man and I? I feel like we might've just failed at out jobs. XD

Reactions: Drakken
Zartusk and Jax are actually patrolling the outer areas of the manor, and Jaclin is technically in the manor with Kirby(though she might be looting another area)

I doubt he could just stroll past two individuals, though his post does hint at slight exhaustion, so it could have been he just didn't see the two patrolling, and accidentally strolled past.

Decided a revision would be good for everyone. I have a urge to always edit my posts anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.