Arranged Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
She stood to her feet and nodded in agreement. "Let's your highness." Malayna even gave a smile. The first she gave really that was real. The king was very kind. The rumors were true while as the rumors of the lord were all shot. Sure he had looks but that's all he had going for him. The young woman was a strange one but as anyone who had met her... They could have already guessed that. Lady Malayna felt a bit odd. She couldn't explain the feeling nor what it meant. The woman began to worry about Remir.

*~*~* Downstairs *~*~*

The middle aged man stepped up hearing another man was fired. "Excuse me but if you keep going the way you are, you won't have any subordinates left." His eyes widened at his own reply. Malayna... That Malayna rubbed off on him. "I'm sorry Lord Mordred." He knew it was too late.

Bracken just stared between the Lady's guard and Lord Mordred. The guard was frozen in fearful anticipation... while the Lord just stood there. He merely stared at him. Frozen. Unmoving.

"I think we broke him," Bracken muttered. "How about we all just leave?"

"YES! Leave! And if I ever see you again~! I'LL HAVE YOU ALL EXECUTED!" Mordred shouted.

Bracken made a hasty retreat out the front door, with Grayn and his luggage close behind him.

She came down the stairs and just laughed histerically.

"My Lady?" Remir questioned seeing the one and only Malayna.

"Mordred.. You're a pathetic jerk. Too bad..." Her body turned towards the king. "Maybe you would hire the other man he just fired? Or let me?"

Remir stepped forward completely confused. "Lady Malayna..."

"Go fetch them. They are not to leave. Remir... GO" It was the first time she raised her voice at the middle aged man. Her attention turned to the lord in front of her once more. "Are you just mad that you realized how lonely you really are?" Her hand placed on his shoulder as her voice stayed calm. Even a bit nice. "Remir is right though... Think about how you treat others. You're actions reflect upon them." She wasn;t sure why she was being so nice to him. Maybe it was because she felt bad for lord.

Bracken and Grayn were running full-tilt towards their horses in the barn.

"Jet!" "Darwin!"

The corrisponding horses galloped out to greet them, but stopped short. Bracken and Grayn looked behind them to see what could have stopped their fearless horses, only to see the Lady's guard running straight at them.

"Halt! The Lady and His Majesty the King wish to have words with you two!"

The two men merely looked at each other, confused.

Remir wasnt as young but happened to finally catch up to them. Huffing and wheezing her knelled over with his hands on his knees. "they... Se-sent... Me to... Bring you back... To them." his head picked up with his eyes roaming the scaredy cats. "Thought you.... Thought you said you fancied... My lady?" He finally caught enough breath to stand straight. "Lady Malayna wishes you back. I wouldn't keep them waiting." He spoke with a smile.

His body turned and headed back. Remir stopped speaking one last thing. "I wouldn't run either if I was you. We enjoy our... Hunts." He continued walking off leaving the last impression his little tease to help hasten the amount it takes for them to return.

Bracken looked again at Grayn, then grabbed Jet's reins and began to walk him back to the house. Grayn grabbed Darwin's and caught up to Bracken, whispering in his ear.

"What does she and His Majesty want, you think?"

"I haven't a clue. Hope Lord Mordred doesn't pop a vein seeing us on his property again."

"God forbid we get his acidic blood on our clothes."

They shared a quiet laugh at that.

Upon arrival, Remir bowed in front of Malayna who had finally got Mordred to calm his anger. He was still himself but they sat on the stairs and waited. She promised to give him what ever he wanted minus her sister. It was the only way. The middle aged man stood and smiled turning towards the door. His eyes followed the men who would soon step in. "I did just as you asked Lady Malayna."

Bracken and Grayn bowed deeply to His Majesty the King and to the Lady as well. When they turned to Lord Mordred, all they gave him was a curt nod.

"We have returned at the behest of Her Lady and His Majesty," Bracken said with proper politness. "We understand you would wish to have words with us?"

"Aye, that we would. Answer me this, Bracken," the King spoke up. "How would you like to work for me? Seeing as you are now unemployed."

Bracken had no words, for his enjoyed face said it all.

"I'll take that as a 'Yes'. What about you Grayn? Care to join him in my employment?"

Grayn bowed deeply, smiling. "It would please me greatly, Your Highness. I will say that Bracken might be more pleased about it than I. He now has a purpose again."

Malayna gave a smile stepping down towards the two. "Congratulations." Of course there was only one reason for this happening but she went along with it. Just like herself being very against the whole new arrangement. She was forever a lord unless her younger brother denied the crown. Meaning there was a chance the man in front of her could wear that crown.

Remir smiled knowing it all worked out. He stepped beside the two males and even gave them a nudge. "I told you both... You guys would have a job." The middle aged coot merely reminded them of the small 'I told you so' moment.

Her body stepped over to in front of man who tried to trick her. She lightly pushed her body against him to speak into his ear. "There is more to you... 'job'. Please follow me when the time comes to speak again with the king once more..." Her body pulled back and straightening up walking back towards the king. She stopped once more right beside Mordred. "Looks like I win, your highness." Malayna walked to the kings side smiling at him cheerfully.

Remir just stood there with a smile upon his face.

Bracken blushed heavily when the Lady leaned close and whispered in his ear. Her breath had tickled when it passed over his ear, and made him shiver slightly.

"Of course, My Lady," he whispered back. The King smiled.

"Shall we move on? I would like to arrive at my Kingdom by tomorrow at the latest."

Bracken nodded with a smile. "Of course, Your Highness."

They all got on their respective horses, and began the long journey to Camelot.

Upon arriving, she sighed. One trip after another. This one feeling longer than the one before. She stayed on the horse as Remir hopped off and guided the horse where they'd go. They simply followed the king until they made their final stop. Remir turned to Malayna and helped her down. He bowed reaching to her feet. "My lady..."

The young soul walked forward to walk along side the king. She kept quiet knowing yet was not the time to speak even for a woman with her since of individuality. The brunette stood with a smile on her face in her wait.

The King sighed with enthusiasm.

"Ah! Home! My Kingdom! It is good to be back! Come, you all! I shall have you spend a few days with me! See what Camelot has to offer! Come, come. I shall show you to your rooms! Then, you two," at this he turned and pointed at Bracken and Grayn. "We shall converse about your new employment! Ha ha!" He then turned and strode happily towards the main castle.

"Wow," Bracken whispered to Grayn. "The King is a much more jovial soul than I thought."

"I guess ruling most of the known world puts a man in a good mood," Grayn replied with a snicker.

Malayna strolled along side of the other three. The four of them were only a few feet behind the king. In her head, she went along to argue with herself. She tried her hardest not to be so loud and not let anyone else hear what she was conversing. Her eyes often trailed beside her to the man who would soon be her betrothed. Attractive and polite. Rude when acting as his past lord. All in all... "Still some juicy eye candy." She gave a smile then quickly shook it away realizing she spoke that out in the open.

Remir heard her and have a smile. He wasn't in the mood to pick on her. The middle aged man was actually curious on how the man it was about would react.

Her head fell as they continued to walk. Lady Malayna's eyes watched the floor move under her feet as they took their steps to their final destination. She had the worst habit of daydreaming and over thinking positions. Now that they were to marry... Her eyes widened as they kept to the floor. Will he??? No the king wouldn't... He's not that type right? The young woman's mind was wrapped around a thought that was now all she could think about. "Same room? No..." No, it wasn't right. The man did have the chance to back down. Her hands ran through the brunette locks contemplating what would happen.

This continued to leave Remir smiling.

Bracken was... thick at the best of times. Her Lady's words had passed right over his head. As they arrived at the massive front gates, Bracken leaned over to Her Lady.

"We never formerly introduced, as I was told to be someone else at the time we first met. I, My Lady, am Bracken. And I apologize so very fervently for laying a violent hand on you. I promise, that had I not been under orders, I would have bowed and welcomed you inside," he muttered in her ear.

The King was pointing out many things in his Kingdom, and Bracken was subconsciously taking note. He didn't have photographic memory, but close to it, so he could remember most everything the King was saying in the back of his mind.

She blushed at the man besides her. He was more polite than she thought. Maybe it was even a bit too much... "She leaned over and whispered back. Even though he wasn't put in the loop yet she was nice to say one thing. "Please don't be so formal. Call me Malayna and there's also no need of introductions..." Malayna kept quiet.

After time passed the king spoke up again. This time he explained things about the city and such. Her mind was day dreaming once again. She sighed quite a bit with her fantasies she wished were real but alas she was stuck with a commoner, who didn't even know what was going on. Her mind then wrapped around everything she was thinking about before. Her faced grew darker at the thought.

No being formal? But, his mother had raised him to always be polite to a woman, no matter her attitude. And his father... his father...

Had never been there. Ever. He didn't even know who his own father was. But his mother had been there every step of the way. She had pushed him to be his best, and do his best. He smiled at the memories, then accidently bumped into Malayna.

He stumbled a little, then caught himself. He smiled meekly in apology and bowed once more... into her breasts. He stayed there, wondering why it got dark. Then, realizing where he was and what he was doing, instantly righted himself and fell backwards.

The others didn't notice this and continued walking, leaving the two alone.

"I- I- I am so sorry about that My La- ...Malayna. I didn't mean t- to do that," he stuttered out.

Her face turned red as her movement just stopped. Moans escaped from her as her legs began to rub a bit together. His head shot from her breasts as his words tried to apologize. Her body boiled. Malayna never had felt this way before. She was confused at what was going on and looked around to catch up with the others. No where in sight. Doors galore and a giant maze... What luck. She looked back at his face and bit her bottom lip before speaking. "It's... It's okay... Don't wo-worry..." Her eyes relocated its sights to the floor they stepped on. Malayna didn't know what to say nor did she know if she could calm her self. The sensation that washed over her caused her body to shake a bit.

Bracken stood and dusted himself off. He could see that he had made her uncomfortable, so now was the time to be professional. He looped an arm through hers and led her through the streets, keeping his eyes on the main towering castle easily seen over the rooftops. They arrived at the front gate not an hour later, and Bracken was privately pleased with himself. They announced themselves to the guards at the door, were admitted, and had a servant excort them to the dinner hall. They arrived, seeing the others seated already and waiting for them.

"Got distracted, did we?" The King asked with an 'all-knowing' smile. "No matter! First, meet my teacher and best-friend: Merlin the Wise!"

Bracken expected a grand explosion of magic, but all that happend was that an old wizard walked his way into the room shaking his head.

"You always try to make a big deal out of things Arthur," he said, clearly. He took his seat, nodding toward Bracken. "And a good day to you too, Lord Sigmund."

Bracken did a double take at that. "Lord... what? I'm no Lord, sir."

Merlin looked at him confused.

"You mean... you're not Lord Hector Sigmund? But, you look just like him! Could you be- no. Could you be... his son?"

Bracken simply stared. "I- I don't know. I never knew my father."

King Arthur groaned. "Merlin! You ruined the surprise! I was going to tell him at dinner!"

A little uncomfortable the feeling continued to wash over her. The young man grabbed her and pulled her through the area. She was boggled on how they reached back to the king. She even wondered if he had been there before yet Lady Malayna kept quiet letting him do his thing.

"A lord?..." Her head turned towards the man beside her. The commoner that she thought was nothing much is now suddenly a lord. The woman was speechless. The king seemed disappointed that the wizard before them spoiled a giant surprise. The newly announced lord had another surprise waiting for him. She was about to ruin it until she caught her self from the excitement. It made her feel much better about the arrangement. Surprises all around. Malayna was very curious if they had anything else up their sleeves.

"How many other surprises do you have, your majesty?" Malayna asked very bluntly. Honestly, she loathed surprises.

Bracken couldn't think. His father... was a Lord?

"Well, Lady Malayna, I do have one more little announcement. Not only am I hiring Bracken under my services, as a Lord, but I'm going to be giving him his own property. As it is befitting of a Lord to have guards, would Sir Grayn like to have the honor of being Lord Bracken's Head Guard?" King Arthur asked.

Grayn simply smiled, small tears in his eyes. "I would love that a lot Your Majesty. Bracken cannot speak, but I'm sure he appreciates this as well."

The King nodded. "Bracken, I'm sure you have many questions. But for now... let us enjoy dinner!" he announced, motioning towards the doors to the kitchen.

Many chef's came flooding out of them, carrying many plates and dishes that smelled delicious. The plates were set down, lids removed, and food reveiled. Bracken began to drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.