Arranged Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aria blushes lightly as he pulled the seat out for her before she sat down, sighing lightly then the food came, her stomach growling.

She had put little portions on her plate before digging in. "Hm.." She looked around at her family then his before flinching, hearing his voice suddenly. "What do you mean by.. Stuffy?" She asked him, looking up toward him with raised eyebrows. "What is your food like?" She asked, pointing her fork at him lightly.​

Luhan~

"Nevermind.. Well, we eat a lot of Chinese and Asian food, obviously," He gestured to himself, "Lots of rice and vegetables, stir-frys, etcetera. Maybe I could attempt to make some here?" Quietly he dug into his food, not used to such rich and heavy flavors of the food. It was good, don't get him wrong, but he preferred the lighter version of his food, the rice and the refreshing and fresh flavors of vegetables and braised meat.

((It's so short D: ))

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
(I swwy!!)

She swallowed her food before leaning over, whispering "I would like that a lot.." In a soft voice, a smile slowly curling on her lips before hearing her mother rant about the wedding dress she would be wearing, big, poofy with lots of glitter.
Arias eyes widened before narrowing at her mother. "Mother.. We talked about this.." The girl grumbled, clenching her fork.
"Oh hush sunflower we have this under control." Her mother waved, glaring back.
If someone looked closely they could see that Aria's fork slightly bent as she gripped it tighter.
"It's only tradition sweet heart." Her father commented to her as well.
"Well maybe we could get his families opinion? Don't you think? Maybe a more.. walkable.. And slimming dress?" She asked, mumbled the walkable part before rolling her eyes.
"I mean it is OUR wedding and NOT yours!" Aria snapped a bit, her cheeks heating up a bit.​

Reactions: XiaoLu
He didn't know what caused the sudden change in Aria, but he decided that he liked this version of Aria much more than the Elsa version. "We just need a plan on how to sneak into the kitchen now." Shooting Aria a small smile. Turning his attention back to his food, he nearly choked and spit out his food at the thought of Aria in a giant rhinestone encrusted wedding dress.

Looking up boldly, "Do you think it would be possible to implement some Asian themes into the wedding as well? Maybe have a kimono styled wedding dress?" Luhan asked, rescuing Aria from the poofy dress, if only for a minute.

Blue-Chinese-Wedding-Gown.jpg
((That's what I'm talking about, but because I don't know how to add in a spoiler, here you go XD))

"See mom, he agrees with me." Aria said, her glare never leaving. "So we're sticking with a slim fitting dress." She grumbled, her tone dark and cold.
Her mothers glare as well never left and for her father, he just sat there innocently with slightly wide eyes.

Aria then stood up from the table, her chair making a loud squeak. "Thank you for dinner." She said simply before turning and storming away, grumbling complete non sense to herself.
Her mom only rolled her eyes before giggling "Kids you know.." She said to the boy's parents, letting a weak laugh out, feeling embarrassed about her childish behavior but Aria on the other hand couldn't care less.

(Oh~ pretty :3)​

((Thank you ^-^ They're traditionally red, though :3))

Luhan sat there, confused as he wasn't sure if he was supposed to go after Aria or to stay. Deciding against better judgement, Luhan stood up, bowing respectfully and thanked the family for the dinner before chasing after Aria.

"How about we sneak into that kitchen and I teach you how to cook some Chinese food?" Luhan cocked an eyebrow playfully, lips twitching up in a smile before grabbing Aria's wrist and skillfully maneuvering down the stairs to get to the kitchen below. Excusing the head chief, with minimal complaints, they managed to get the kitchen to themselves. Rummaging around for a little bit, Luhan picked out a few colorful veggies and ground beef before washing and slicing each, and pulling out a wok and steel utensil as he began stir frying the meat.

Last edited by a moderator:
She Squeaked lightly as he yanked her towards the kitchen.
She pouted lightly, trying to pull away but failed. "I don't want to right now.." She mumbled to him, now standing in the kitchen, watching him get veggies and wash them.

(Sorry for the short post! I just woke up so I'm a wee bit sleepy ^^)​

"Oh come on, Aria. It's better than what you're doing." Luhan told her, the heat from the wok bringing up a little bit of sweat on the front of his neck, but it was hardly noticeable. Finished with his stirfry, Luhan plated it and handed it to Aria. "Eat, you didn't eat much at the dinner tonight."

((Not sure about what else to write, sorry about the length :< ))

Aria leaned against the counter, watching him closely as he cooked, pursing her lips tightly and narrowing them a bit.
He looked so... Focused when he cooked, I mean she's focus when she cooks but he seems like he knows exactly what he's doing.
He had soon finished before putting a plate of food down, making her flinch a bit as he told her to eat.
She nodded a bit then grabbed a fork, looking down at the meal before glancing back at him with a small pout. "Do I gotta~" she whined a bit, furrowing her eyebrows.​

"Yes, because you wanted to know what I ate everyday, so here it is.. Though we usually have more dishes and some rice." Luhan took a leaned down, resting his elbows on the granite island, his long fingers rubbing at the little black earrings resting on his second piercing.

Deciding it was the time to discuss things privately he looked up, his honey eyes darkening to an amber color, they locked with Aria's eyes, "How do you want to do about this Arranged Marriage thing? I'll say this straightforwardly: I have a lover back at home, and I'm sure you do as well.. So do you want to keep going on with this plan, because I really don't... Don't get me wrong or take this personally at all, but you're not don't really possess the qualities that I look for in a girl and future Queen, and I'm sure I don't possess the qualities that you look for in a male or future King."

She glared before taking a small bite of it, her eyes widening a bit and her eyebrows raising. "Hm.." She took another bite, chewing slowly. It was quite the delicious dish. She shrugged lightly. "It's good." She told him, putting another piece in her mouth about to swallow until he mentioned the marriage, making her choke on her food coughing a bit then froze as he said he had a lover and he assumed she has one to so she interrupted him. "HAD.. one." She mumbled, setting the fork down.
"You can do what you want, I don't care if we get married or not." She admitted. "Because if I marry you or someone else it's never going to be for love in my parents eyes.. it's going to be for money." She said, leaning off the counter before hoping up on it.
"But, if my sister hadn't ran away with another man you would be marrying her instead and let me tell you she was a beauty, the sweetest girl you'd ever meet and never EVER made fun of anyone. You my sir would have love her." [spoili]
575d26bc3a9316febed8b6d2a7ecfa72.jpg
[/spoili] Which was true.. everybody love her sister even her parents loved her sister more than her, they even told her so but that's only because Aria is independent none like her air headed sister.​

This put him in a difficult situation. If Aria had a lover, they could just separate and go their own ways. "This arrangement was never made for love. It was made for the power and money exchange." He admitted and agreed to Aria seemingly for the first time he had gotten here. "Your sister's a smart woman, running away before her parents could force a fate towards her.."

Still keeping his head propped on his hands he looked across the table, "You know.. You and I aren't so different really, and I don't mean it in any sentimental way. We've both been pushed into his position while we both have different interests. You know, my girlfriend back home isn't so much different from you yourself.. Both of you are as stubborn as donkeys, but you both seem to have a caring side that you've both hidden. What happened?"

"Royalty..." She mumbled softly, sighing. "And I lost everything. Ivan was my light in my grey world..So with him gone.. I'm cold again.." She told him with another soft sigh before heading towards the exit of the kitchen.
"I really don't want to bond with you.. That's just going to make me close to you." She told him, leaving the room.
She didn't have time to be his friend, that and she didn't want to loose him like she did with Ivan.

Her heart ached with pain and her stomach churned with guilt, 'Maybe I should just run away like my sister..' She thought.​

The good in this situation: Aria no longer seemed like an ice queen because she had finally started to open up.

On the darker side: He had no idea how he was going to break off the engagement without angering his parents.

Sighing, Luhan cleaned up the plates and set them into the sink before heading up the stairs listening as the parents talked about events and the engagement. Following Aria's footsteps, he leaned heavily against the doorway, eyes cast down towards the ground, "Hey.." He murmured quietly. "You want to give this a shot? Maybe see where it leads us? Worst case scenario would be we hate each other, and that already played out this morning, so it can't be that bad right?" He didn't really know how to break things off with Kisaa, even though, deep down inside, he knew both himself and Kisa had known from the start it would never happen.

Aria walked up the stairs before Heading towards her room, sitting down on her floor against her bed, grabbing the remote and flipping on the tv.
She clicked through the channels with a blank expression before hearing him.
A long sigh escaped her lips as he spoke "Listen, I don't care what we do anymore." She told him, looking over at him. "Id rather you go and be with your woman than stay here and be unhappy." She said with a serious expression, pursing her lips tightly.
"And for me, I will be unhappy if you stay and when you leave because in the end I have to marry someone else for money and power." She explain.​

Slouching against the door frame, Luhan gave a humorless chuckle as his eyes shimmered with sorrow, "It's cruel isn't? None of us can ever choose our own fates, even something as simple as romance and love. It's always for the better outcome of the kingdoms, isn't it?"

Sighing he locked eyes with Aria, "My parents hate Kisa, they think it's a fling. It's never going to happen and we all know it." Running a hand through his hair, he looked back at the ground, "Good night, I'm heading to go to sleep."

((Post is so short :< ))

"If you know it's never going to happen then why stay with her," she asked, looking at him as he headed to bed. "I think it's pointless.." She mumbled, sighing as she looked back at the tv, turning it off with a click.
She got up from the floor before walking towards the door and reaching for the handle to close it.
She wasn't doing it to be mean, just didn't want bad memories to come back.

"Because I want to enjoy the time I have before my parents make a decision. It's not pointless at all because the memories will follow you forever."

Moving to his room, he changed quietly before laying down in bed, tucking his arm underneath his head. Sleep caught him quickly in the peaceful haze of his room. The next morning would be a fresh new day, and a day for new changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.