Armored Descent | Act I : Ferry Me 'Cross The Frigid Styx

When the superheavy said the best plan was to take out the leader, Axle decided at that moment she wasn't as smart as he hoped. "Kill leader, make everybody freaks out or does their own damn thing, get back home in one living piece. Yeah, that's going to be oh so easy..." Axle groans to himself, before ducking underneath an explosive shell shot in his general direction. "Yo, Sigma, how the hell are we getting out of this one alive?"

A feminine voice spoke into his ear then, one filled with a mixture of concern and tiredness at everyday Axle's behavior. "It seems the soldiers of each side are more concerned with each other than the unaligned. If you manage to make yourself look like one side, they may confuse you for an ally during combat. Another option is what Ms Superheavy said, which could cause enough chaos for you to escape with minimal difficulty." Axle, having learned to trust his AI at least a little when it came to plans, realizes he's going to have to go along with this damn plan. Even if it means getting torn apart.

"Alright, time to kill the leader. Cataclysm Strand, ready to rock." Slamming one of his hands into the EMP cannon attached to his suit, Axle aims it into the crowd and attempts to fire off into the crusader side. Which would blind the ones he hit just long enough to allow him to run out of the building and into the crowd, sword at the ready. Once inside, he begins to kick Riptide into gear and slashes it through the nearest medium or heavy he can find before dashing to another part of the crowd.

Lazlo sighed as other mechs decided to pitch in their own ideas, "man this blows..." Activating Killjoy's thermal vision Lazlo swept his gaze over the surrounding armies, making sure that his targeting computer marked them all as hostile. After punching in a few commands Lazlo decided to chime in as well, "alright everybody, I am sharing my targeting data with all of you now. Make sure to activate your beacon so that there aren't any friendly fire issues." Lazlo suddenly dodged to the side as a missile flew past him and detonated against the hangar behind him. "Alright boss lady, I am gonna flank around and see if I can pick off any of their indirect fire mechs." With those parting words Killjoy's thrusters flared to life as Lazlo rocketed towards the majority of the swarm's troops.

Killbox

It was a slaughter.

With the exception of one Superheavy, the Crusaders were entirely focused on destroying the Swarm. Unsuited, numerous though they may be, had no business on the battlefield when Suits clashed. They died en masse, their bodies doing little to slow the mechanized monsters that waged war between one another. Even the smaller Suits, mesh and light class, were having difficulty remaining unscathed. Sure, the occasional group would turn their weapons towards the unaligned, but usually only when they were fired upon first. The EMP cannon wielded by Cataclysm Strand wreaked havoc among those who relied on their HUD, while most Suits shied away from confronting Bean's colossal chainblade.

The spotlight-wielding Superheavy began it's slow advance, attempting to bring that railgun to bear down upon Bean. If such a weapon connected, even another Superheavy would have difficulty recovering. If it hit the cockpit, well... The Superheavy casually activated it's pile bunker, the weapon slamming into not one but three Suits, impaling them all upon the lengthy pike. It retracted just as quickly, leaving the pierced Suits to collapse in a pile of sparking wreckage.

In just her mesh suit, Andrea knew she didn't stand a chance against anything the superheavy with the spotlight had, especially after watching it spear through three others like that wasn't the most badass thing she'd seen since all this started. She knew the heavy she was hanging on to wouldn't protect her from a railgun or that pile bunker. She climbed up a little higher, enough to be able to hold herself up with either hand and still use at least one of her weapons if anything got too close.

"So, I don't know about you guys, but...now's probably the time to run?" She yelled, not bothering sending it through comms. "I'm not into having new holes made in me, so...yeah. That. Onward, Mr. Bubbles!" She addressed the heavy she rode, even though she knew that even without the others cramped around them, she could still move faster on her own. She half considered jumping off and using the heads of the others to run off on her own. A few stray bullets from...somewhere -she wasn't sure where- "gently nudged" her away from that idea.

Reactions: Peter Feels
"Shit fuck shit fuck balls." thankfully that was not being transmitted. "I'm not being paid enough to lead..." Finally she flipped on her transmitter. "Good plan, but none of us have the insignia or the IFF codes to infiltrate their ranks on suck short notice." she said knowing full well that her plan was no less reckless. People were going to die but maybe, maybe some would live and maybe one of them would be her.

"Time to make myself harder to hit... Everyone see that super with the spotlight. I'm going after it. Whoever wants to follow me in everyone else... get out of here however you can."

Bean started to shake as Zoe fired up her thrusters ready to do about the most reckless thing she had ever done, She other hand of her suit opened like a flower and soon the blue glow of her plasma torch as it stood ready emanated from the opening.

"This is a super bad idea..." she told herself before gritting her teeth and revving her chainblade. "But he won't be able to hit me with that thing in close quarters... I hope... Ban fucking sai."

Her thrusters shot her forwards above the ground as she gathered speed. She didn't know if they even help her dodge but if she weaved enough and they didn't have good targeting systems maybe she'd make it through this. She wouldn't even bother to slow down, hitting that asshole head on would be breaks enough. Then she'd shove blue hot plasma and chainblade down his throat.

Reactions: Peter Feels
Jumping off of Bean, Isaac reassessed the situation. Two supers were going for each other, the swarm and crusade were going full out on the opposing army mostly forgetting the unaligned. A perfect way to run and live, but something was nagging at him.

"What's the next move?" Jenna's voice snapped him from his thoughts.

"I can't help here. It would be better if I stay out of that fight, I'd just get in the way. Let's watch for an opportunity to help from the side lines. You gun I run?" Isaac pulled out his EMP cannon, he prepared to retreat.

"Understood. Taking command of targeting." Isaac started making his way to the side of the hanger nearest the Crusade and looked out the door. There seemed to be fewer suits on this side and they were looking to the direction of the Swarm. He started running for the line focusing on how his suit's movement as Jenna took control of the suit's upper half. Isaac hoped it would work as he saw the EMP cannon fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the super making a reckless charge for the other of it's kind, Mason's head tilted back as he groaned. "Nothing's ever simple...Let's keep the path clear, shall we?" Lifting the railgun, he let the magnets sing their glorious song before taking his first shot at a medium that had been encroaching on the opened path that the unaligned superheavy had left as it's thrusters engaged. Even before the shot contacted he was turning away, trusting his trained accuracy with the weapon to knock the suit out of the fight for the moment, if not pierce the cockpit in what he knew was a wild dream. It was so much simpler when they died to the first shot...The other's could clean it up, though, even if he didn't finish it.

Taking two more shots at lights, he turns to see the masses of unsuited rushing them. Were they idiotic, suicidal, or a mixture of both. Almost feeling bad for the poor sods, Mason lifted Nova's arm to direct the MMG at the insane masses. He hesitated for a moment at the idea of shooting at an unsuited, but only for a moment. He knew that if he didn't push them back, they'd be climbing all over Nova soon, no matter how many he kicked and crushed...The thought of them scurrying across his suit liike ants was enough to bring a shiver down his spine, and to tighten his grip on the trigger. Continuing to fire in the direction of the horde, Mason turned to where he could see the incoming collision between the superheavys. Waiting a moment for the familiar squeal of a target lock as the suits projected vitals came up, he let fly 4 missiles from the launchers he carried. The missiles would carry themselves over Bean on their flight, headed right toward the Crusader superheavy.